ImageImage

Grizzlies' Bright future ahead...(Bulls fan here)

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Grizzlies' Bright future ahead...(Bulls fan here) 

Post#1 » by anorexorcism » Fri Feb 1, 2008 11:42 pm

I know most of the media and the pundits and some fans here are going to be bashing you guys and mocking your owner, but I just posted this up at the Bulls board and a lot of us think you guys are in a really really good position to do what I call "a Portland."

My prediction is that players will continue to be dumped, like Cardinal, Warrick and possibly JCN. Your team tanks hard and gets a top 3 lotto pick.

Draft comes around, you guys draft Beas(t)ley.

Then here's where the Bulls get involved. It seems that your team had interest in Deng/Gordon in the past considering we heard that the only way you guys would have given Gasol in the past was for a package including those two.

Well I'm presuming the interest in those two hasn't faded so here's what I think will happen (because I have given up all hope for the Bulls, now and for the future, and the attitudes of the players have soured considerably):

--Wallace is going to give Deng a ridiculous, astronomical offer sheet and Paxson will be unable to match and will be forced to let Deng walk.
--Wallace will then sign Gordon to a lesser offer sheet and Paxson is going to panic and realize that Gordon as the #1 option on the Bulls was not what he had envisioned at all, so instead of letting Gordon walk this time or even matching, he agrees to a S&T for Mike Miller.

Now look at you guys at the start of next year:

PG Conley
SG Gay
SF Deng
PF Beasley
C Darko

Gordon off the bench, w/Lowry and other signings in the wings.

Just wanted to post this so none of you Grizzlies fans out there get too depressed. Trust me, it is much worse to be a Bulls fan right now because at least your team has a clear direction now. Your management seems to have a plan and is taking immediate steps to implement it. And I think you guys are going to be very, very good for years to come when the smoke clears from now until the offseason.

Laugh at me all you want but in 2-3 years I see the top 3 teams in the West like this:

1 - Lakers
2 - Portland
3 - Memphis

It might sound ridiculous now, but trust me. You guys will be scary and everyone will be on your bandwagon sooner than later.

Keep your heads up!
memgrizzlies
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by memgrizzlies » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:20 am

That actually makes great sense. Thanks for all your support. That means alot coming from a non-Grizzlies fan.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#3 » by boogiesdad » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:30 am

i love his idea
grizzleGM
Analyst

Post#4 » by grizzleGM » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:35 am

There is no reason to dump JCN or Warrick... we could let them walk at the end of the year.

I personally like the idea I posted on another thread of:
MMiller, Lowry, Jacobsen
for
Brandan Wright

This would allow the Grizz to have more than $12million in capspace even after re-signing Warrick and JCN and signing draft picks.
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#5 » by Souvlaki » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:46 am

grizzleGM wrote:There is no reason to dump JCN or Warrick... we could let them walk at the end of the year.

I personally like the idea I posted on another thread of:
MMiller, Lowry, Jacobsen
for
Brandan Wright

This would allow the Grizz to have more than $12million in capspace even after re-signing Warrick and JCN and signing draft picks.

Warriors fan here. No thanks. Try again.

PS. The Warriors will have been trying to clear cap. This move wouldn't help.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#6 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:04 am

Sorry to be a downer but...

Why is everyone just ASSUMING that the Grizzles will instantly tank and get a top 3 pick? Look what happened to Boston. If it wasn't for the KG trade, where would they be now? What if Memphis gets unlucky and only gets a 5-6 pick?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:32 am

The Grizzlies sux to begin with. Whether Pau was still here or not. Look at the record. This season up til today wasn't about tanking it. It was about the Grizzlies being exposed by their weak perimeter defense along with having a cheap and perhaps a nondedicated owner in Michael Heisley who has been trying to sell the franchise for the past three yrs without success. Also with this thing about attracting free agents. Who would want to play with the Grizzlies with the crap roster they have. Hell, when Sacramento obtain Chris Webber in a trade. He didn't want to play with them until they talk to him furiously to convince him to stay with Kings franchise that had a bad rep to continuous sux playing as a team. My point. It will take longer than 2 yrs tops for the Grizzlies to ever be good enough to contend for the playoffs. Their time under the dark stormy clouds will continue for the next few years.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#8 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:37 am

SD2042 wrote:The Grizzlies sux to begin with. Whether Pau was still here or not. Look at the record. This season up til today was about tanking it. It was about the Grizzlies being exposed by their weak perimeter defense along with having a cheap and perhaps a nondedicated owner in Michael Heisley who has been trying to sell the franchise for the past three yrs without success. Also with this thing about attracting free agents. Who would want to play with the Grizzlies with the crap roster they have. Hell, when Sacramento obtain Chris Webber in a trade. He didn't want to play with them until they talk to him furiously to convince him to stay with Kings franchise that had a bad rep to continuous sux playing as a team. My point. It will take longer than 2 yrs tops for the Grizzlies to ever be good enough to contend for the playoffs. Their time under the dark stormy clouds will continue for the next few years.

I agree completely. Funny thing about Webber, he wasn't going to show up for training camp until his father talked him out of it. Wasn't really anything the Kings did. Luckly for us Kings fans, he finally showed.

I just hate it when teams trade stars just to tank and HOPE they get a good draft pick and PRAY that a free agent will take the max just to play there...
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#9 » by UDRIH14 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:38 am

whats teh grizz cap like

dont do what atlanta did with the JJ trade, if your under the cap, dont do any S&T crap, when you can just offer the max and see who bites first...

since it looks like the grizz owners are selln the team anyway
AJ:"I'm Western Conference," he said. "I'm Popovich. I'm for him, for Texas and for the Spurs."
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:00 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree completely. Funny thing about Webber, he wasn't going to show up for training camp until his father talked him out of it. Wasn't really anything the Kings did. Luckly for us Kings fans, he finally showed.

I just hate it when teams trade stars just to tank and HOPE they get a good draft pick and PRAY that a free agent will take the max just to play there...

That day has come for the Grizzlies. All they can do now is freefall.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#11 » by mattyBoi » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:05 am

Dude you know how many times ive heard "this team has a great future" blah blah blah.

This was just a bad unexplanable trade.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#12 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:18 pm

Two words to define why I have no hope at all for this franchise:

Casey Jacobsen

That's the front office's idea of a rotation player.

Yeah, get ready for continued decline until Wallace is removed.
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by bobobolas1 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:31 pm

GrizzledGrizzFan wrote:Two words to define why I have no hope at all for this franchise:

Casey Jacobsen

That's the front office's idea of a rotation player.

Yeah, get ready for continued decline until Wallace is removed.

You are so right man. When he was in spain he was completly a ......just lets say "a bad player".

Anyway, you also have to add the idea of Sign cardinal for that money. :crazy:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#14 » by SD2042 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:24 am

mattyBoi wrote:Dude you know how many times ive heard "this team has a great future" blah blah blah.

This was just a bad unexplanable trade.

The way things have been handled around the Grizz organization has been backwards all around for the past few years.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies