OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

RingoKid
Junior
And1: 62

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#3121 » by RingoKid » Tue May 14, 2024 11:23 pm

Thunder are 2 and 2 with home court advantage in the conference semi finals and did a whole lot of growing up in the process.

It's a time to celebrate!!!

2 more wins. Thunder upwards and onwards.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#3122 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 pm

RingoKid wrote:Still angry huh Kizz ? What are you.. like 4yrs old or something ?

I'm never angry. You need to stop projecting and join reality.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3123 » by RingoKid » Wed May 15, 2024 12:24 am

Some think reality is what their opinion on everything should be without realizing its only their opinion they're projecting.

Its a blissfully ignorant way of thinking. Childishly innocent and endearingly naive in most cases.

Usually those people grow up and out of that perspective as they learn to accomodate others realities and opinions.

Those that don't tend to become bitter and twisted as they age. Stuck in an endless loop of blame and grievances of their own making...IMHO.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#3124 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 am

RingoKid wrote:Some think reality is what their opinion on everything should be without realizing its only their opinion they're projecting.

Its a blissfully ignorant way of thinking. Childishly innocent and endearingly naive in most cases.

Usually those people grow up and out of that perspective as they learn to accomodate others realities and opinions.

There is only one reality. People can have bad opinions, and a lot of people do. Presti said that OKC wasn't a .500 team and there was no reason to improve the team expecting to be in the playoffs. Was that reality reality or just an ignorant opinion? I realize that being from a place that put people in concentration camps for having the flu makes for a rough life of enslavement and being forced to deny reality and not speak truth makes for a mentally weak and ignorant society when telling the truth and speaking reality is punishable by law. A man is never a woman no matter how many times someone's delusion, that they claim is their reality, might make them say it.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,990

Post#3125 » by Xatticus » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 am

Zagor wrote:In the end, missed free throws were more important for them than missed threes for us. And Shai went crazy in key moment.

I liked Kenny minutes, but I would only play him with SGA and Chet.

J-Dub mostly was horrific, Joe and Wiggins were also bad. Jaylin was ok.
I was mad on Dort in first half, too many misses and stupid drives to the rim. He was better in second half.

Stagnant offense is still the biggest problem. Shai isolations can't win you series. either J-Dub will find his game or other role players like Joe and Wiggins need to hit threes by lot.

I thought Dort was huge down the stretch. He hit two massive threes in the fourth, I believe. He has an impossible job at the defensive end. People believe that Dort is an aggressive defender, but he really isn't. He is just rock solid. He doesn't use his physicality much and he doesn't gamble or hound ballhandlers very often. Still, every time Doncic falls or slips, they call a foul on Dort and so he has been consistently in foul trouble. That foul that sent Doncic to the free throw line when he missed the critical free throw was not a foul. Doncic just blew a tire trying to get into space that wasn't there.

Jaylin was great as well. He was really strong on the offensive glass in his limited minutes.

I believe what is giving us trouble at the offensive end is the mobility of Gafford and Lively. They are closing out shooters that are ordinarily wide open and it is making the Dallas defense very resilient. I remember watching one of the first games that Jason Kidd coached in Dallas and coming away very impressed with how well their defense was rotating. Our offense puts a lot of pressure on opposition defenses, but having the right personnel makes a huge difference.

Shai was massive for us down the stretch at the offensive end, but he has been quite poor at the defensive end off the ball. With how tight this series is, those cheap baskets that the Mavericks are getting are a big deal and I hope he focuses in for the rest of the series.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#3126 » by Xatticus » Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 am

RingoKid wrote:Giddey had a couple of timely defensive stops.

I wouldn't give up on him so fast but i would keep him on a short leash.

It's a difficult situation because we are trying to win games and Wallace seems like a better option right now, but I agree that this isn't the time to give up on him. He has too much long-term upside and it's very easy to forget how young he is. There aren't many players in the league at his age that are still getting floor time in the playoffs. His development is still important for this organization, but I'm fine with his minutes getting slashed. Outside of Wallace though, nobody else from our bench is really stepping up and demanding a larger role, so I can understand why he is still playing.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#3127 » by Xatticus » Wed May 15, 2024 9:57 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Jdub is either injured or worse than I thought

He’s just young. He and Chet will grow more from these playoffs than any others in their careers but it sucks for now.

I don't know. Looks like he's still dealing with some stuff but I might be wrong...the way he's shooting is weird. U will be able to watch it live if true ;)

Chet is definitely struggling a lot offensively too but he's a monster on defense already and it's good to see.

Honestly, I think he has been fine. Chet doesn't force things and he is still just a rookie. He is a basketball player that is trying to win games and his stat line isn't how he defines the quality of his performance. I have a great appreciation for how he plays. We would crumble without him.
-pepe1991
Xatticus
Head Coach

Post#3128 » by Xatticus » Wed May 15, 2024 10:04 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
RingoKid wrote:Moral of the story...you tell me ?

Steven Adams is useless at playing outside the paint. That was before knee surgery. If he ever gets medically cleared and comes back he'll be even more useless than post knee surgery Kendrick Perkins was.

Bigs that know their role and that consistently set good screens will always be valuable. Screen-setters grease your offense's wheels. I'm tired of hearing about Adams, but there is no doubt in my mind that if he comes back healthy next year, he could help this team. That said, it's a non-starter for me unless he gets waived, bought out, or unless Houston is willing to pay us to take him. He isn't going to be worth his salary to this team because his role would be situational.
-pepe1991
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,673

Post#3129 » by Devilanche » Wed May 15, 2024 11:30 am

RingoKid wrote:Some think reality is what their opinion on everything should be without realizing its only their opinion they're projecting.

Those that don't tend to become bitter and twisted as they age. Stuck in an endless loop of blame and grievances of their own making...IMHO.

I do hope you realise it’s also a reflection of your opinion on injured Adams.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,347

Post#3130 » by Dadouv47 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:03 pm

Can't believe Steven Adams is the main topic during our 2024 playoff run.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,984

Post#3131 » by shakes0 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:20 pm

Need JDub to find his game, Chet to find some energy and for SGA to rinse and repeat the last game.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#3132 » by Devilanche » Wed May 15, 2024 4:29 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Can't believe Steven Adams is the main topic during our 2024 playoff run.

Best part is that he couldn’t have been part of anyone playoff run this season.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#3133 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed May 15, 2024 6:10 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Can't believe Steven Adams is the main topic during our 2024 playoff run.

Best part is that he couldn’t have been part of anyone playoff run this season.

I am under the impression that the New Zealand speech laws make that hate speech and punishable by law. There is no other logical reason for the things that are being said.
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,563

Post#3134 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Wed May 15, 2024 6:37 pm

Its one guy always derailing the thread, anyone bored of this??
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,856

Post#3135 » by Clav » Wed May 15, 2024 8:02 pm

Kyrie needs to play better for Dallas and is my pick to take over tonight for the Mavs. He's had 22pts, then 9, then 20, then 9 again. This feels like a game where he puts his championship mettle to test and gets nearer to 30.

I'm also banking that Washington Jr. will not connect on 5+ 3pters tonight as he has in the last 3 games. OKC has to pay some attention to him to not give him easy looks to start, force him to get into rhythm.

This is a huge game for both teams and the other G5 home squads took victory yesterday (NYK/DEN), can we do the same ?

G4 was one where DAL let it slip away and to me they have been the better team than OKC, so getting up to 3 wins in the series tonight for the Thunder would be huge. Thunder Up!
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3136 » by RingoKid » Wed May 15, 2024 9:39 pm

Can everyone please stop talking about Steven Adams ?

He's not even with OKC and is presently not cleared for play.

Im just gonna ignore all the blatant Funaki trolling and enjoy the current Thunder playoff run.

I'd suggest y'all do the same!!!
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3137 » by RingoKid » Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm

Got a good feeling about todays game!
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,481

Post#3138 » by RunOKC » Wed May 15, 2024 11:13 pm

Officials tonight: James Capers, Courtney Kirkland, Kevin Scott. Not the worst draw. I think our offense bounces back and we take the 3-2 lead tonight.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,856

Post#3139 » by Clav » Thu May 16, 2024 12:14 am

RunOKC wrote:Officials tonight: James Capers, Courtney Kirkland, Kevin Scott. Not the worst draw. I think our offense bounces back and we take the 3-2 lead tonight.

Could be worse for sure. Brothers is in Boston tonight.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#3140 » by Devilanche » Thu May 16, 2024 12:39 am

And focus now back to the game.

Hope the bench bring it in today and we lock down PJ .

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder