Ainge should uhh, actually trade some of these trade assets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 983

Re: Ainge should uhh, actually trade some of these trade assets 

Post#21 » by red4hf » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:35 am

TyCobb wrote:If Giddey survives all this stuff surrounding him, then he seems like the perfect fit for the Jazz.

I couldn't agree more with this...... And it looks like there's really nothing to that story with Giddey..... He would be fantastic on the Jazz......
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,317

Post#22 » by Catchall » Mon Dec 4, 2023 3:20 am

Jazz will likely trade Clarkson and Olynyk at the deadline this year. Clarkson has some value, especially with the way his contract is restructured and especially if the Jazz are willing to take back salary. Olynyk might yield a very late 1st or two 2nds.

Jazz are likely aiming for a top-6 or so pick in this draft--e.g., Sarr, Topic, Holland, Buzelis, Risarcher, etc.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#23 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 4, 2023 8:03 pm

red4hf wrote:
TyCobb wrote:If Giddey survives all this stuff surrounding him, then he seems like the perfect fit for the Jazz.

I couldn't agree more with this...... And it looks like there's really nothing to that story with Giddey..... He would be fantastic on the Jazz......

I've cooled off on Giddey since the end of last season tbh. Maybe it's because of his size but defensive pressure really affects him and neutralizes him, and he also doesn't use his size much on mis-matches. His shot is suspect (he's young so he can improve) and he doesn't really handle to ball all that much and while he's a good passer, he's not really the PG for the Thunder--SGA is the one with the ball most of the time, and I find Giddey to not be very aggressive with the ball, which is to his team's detriment. I haven't watched OKC that much so I could be wrong but I don't think he'd be the great fit for the Jazz that on paper he looks like he is. And he'd also need a very dynamic SG next to him, which the Jazz don't have. I do think, however, that regardless of his latest predicament, he's the odd-man out in OKC and that they'll have to move him relatively soon.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf

Post#24 » by red4hf » Mon Dec 4, 2023 8:25 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:

I've cooled off on Giddey since the end of last season tbh. Maybe it's because of his size but defensive pressure really affects him and neutralizes him, and he also doesn't use his size much on mis-matches. His shot is suspect (he's young so he can improve) and he doesn't really handle to ball all that much and while he's a good passer, he's not really the PG for the Thunder--SGA is the one with the ball most of the time, and I find Giddey to not be very aggressive with the ball, which is to his team's detriment. I haven't watched OKC that much so I could be wrong but I don't think he'd be the great fit for the Jazz that on paper he looks like he is. And he'd also need a very dynamic SG next to him, which the Jazz don't have. I do think, however, that regardless of his latest predicament, he's the odd-man out in OKC and that they'll have to move him relatively soon.

I think some of his issues stems from playing with SGA, who is just so ball dominant..... Buy low on Giddey......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#25 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Dec 4, 2023 8:54 pm

red4hf wrote:I think some of his issues stems from playing with SGA, who is just so ball dominant..... Buy low on Giddey......

But we've also seen that when he needs to be the ball dominant one that he's not good at it. He gets pressured very easily, get stymied, and he's unable to score or create effectively. Plus, who's going to score for the Jazz if he's your PG? You'd need a SG next to him who's effectively SGA... To me, OKC's play-in game against the Wolves was very eye opening in regards to Giddy and his deficiencies.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf

Post#26 » by red4hf » Tue Dec 5, 2023 12:20 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:I think some of his issues stems from playing with SGA, who is just so ball dominant..... Buy low on Giddey......

But we've also seen that when he needs to be the ball dominant one that he's not good at it. He gets pressured very easily, get stymied, and he's unable to score or create effectively. Plus, who's going to score for the Jazz if he's your PG? You'd need a SG next to him who's effectively SGA... To me, OKC's play-in game against the Wolves was very eye opening in regards to Giddy and his deficiencies.

I think Keyonte's role is more of a scoring combo guard than a straight PG, so he would be the scorer next to Giddey..... I think there's a lot of room for growth for Giddey.......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#27 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Dec 5, 2023 1:36 pm

red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I think Keyonte's role is more of a scoring combo guard than a straight PG, so he would be the scorer next to Giddey..... I think there's a lot of room for growth for Giddey.......

I'm not convinced in the efficacy of this combo. Both of them are very inefficient scorers. I get that they're both young and that Keyonte is just a rookie but so far he's putting up even worse and less efficient numbers than Trey Burke's worst season with the Jazz. In fact, both of them are in the same level of efficiency as Trey Burke, and that's not a place you want to be.

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#28 » by vryadli » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:00 pm

The posts on this thread is an exciting reading stuff! It shows me how exciting of-court games can be! And Juzz made so much bold moves, that actually deserve some kind of ring for that.

It is especially clear, when one remember how greatly Ainge practically robbed in out-of-court basketball the team which is currently on the top of of old-fashioned on-court competition.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#29 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Dec 5, 2023 5:12 pm

Meh. Timberwolves fans have suffered a lot. Let them enjoy this season, they deserve it. It won't last, and we don't get their pick this season so who cares. Let them enjoy the moment and start caring about their success or lack thereof next season when it actually matters.

Hoops Addict
Sixth Man
And1: 166

Post#30 » by Hoops Addict » Tue Dec 5, 2023 11:47 pm

red4hf wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Then again, Agbaji probably has 0 trade value right now and could not be moved for anything.

That's ridiculous, he's 23 and shooting 39% from 3, he has some value.......

Agbaji is good and we should not trade him.
red4hf

Post#31 » by red4hf » Tue Dec 5, 2023 11:51 pm

Hoops Addict wrote:
red4hf wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
That's ridiculous, he's 23 and shooting 39% from 3, he has some value.......

I agree, I think he's improving......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#32 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Dec 6, 2023 11:24 am

red4hf wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:
red4hf wrote:

I don't have a problem with trading Agbaji, but obviously the return should be worth it. He's not a player I'd look to trade just to get rid of.

red4hf

Post#33 » by red4hf » Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:07 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Hoops Addict wrote:

I don't have a problem with trading Agbaji, but obviously the return should be worth it. He's not a player I'd look to trade just to get rid of.

I was pretty down on Agbaji after watching summer league, but I think he's been much better lately.... Having said that, I'd move pretty much anyone on the Jazz roster for the right price......
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,699

Post#34 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:57 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote: In fact, both of them are in the same level of efficiency as Trey Burke, and that's not a place you want to be.

Yep, after 23 games, George's stats are kind of similar to what Burke's stats were after 23 games, but there are a few reasons to hope George might go further than Burke: George is a year younger than Burke was, he only played one year of college, he is matching Burke on apg without having played PG in college, and he's got more size than Burke.

George after 23 games: 11.4 ppg on 10 fga, 50.2 TS%, 5.2 apg, 2.3 tovs, 3.1 rebs and 0.5 stl in 26.7 mpg.

Burke after 23 games: 13.7 ppg on 12.7 fga, 50.0 TS%, 5.0 apg, 1.9 tovs, 3.3 rebs and 0.7 stl in 30 mpg.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,028

Post#35 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:19 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote: In fact, both of them are in the same level of efficiency as Trey Burke, and that's not a place you want to be.

Yep, after 23 games, George's stats are kind of similar to what Burke's stats were after 23 games, but there are a few reasons to hope George might go further than Burke: George is a year younger than Burke was, he only played one year of college, he is matching Burke on apg without having played PG in college, and he's got more size than Burke.

George after 23 games: 11.4 ppg on 10 fga, 50.2 TS%, 5.2 apg, 2.3 tovs, 3.1 rebs and 0.5 stl in 26.7 mpg.

Burke after 23 games: 13.7 ppg on 12.7 fga, 50.0 TS%, 5.0 apg, 1.9 tovs, 3.3 rebs and 0.7 stl in 30 mpg.

A big difference this early on for me between KG and Burke is that KG looked great during summer league, while Burke looked like he had never played basketball before. I'm willing to see how this plays out over the next 12 months. My guess is that KG is not the 1A Batman we are looking for, but could end up being a starting PG.

Return to Utah Jazz