Nómades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. Ghost CLECaus/Indianos. Jugancho Hollywood Star!? 

Post#81 » by vryadli » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:35 am

El Hespiritu wrote:
--
-Spida stays.
So you aren't going to tank (sorry, suckingatcourt fanboys).

-Danny has something yet made on his mind about future players to trade or draft.
So expect some undersized wide-ass Bigs and some weird sturdy combos.

Did you want to tell "So you ARE going to tank"? Or you think that DM is so much better than Kobe in his prime?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#82 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:59 pm

I said what I meant and I meant what I said.
This answers your first question

Your second question is not the kind of argument I'd use in a debate but I'll try my best to match your style:

Do you think Spida is so much worse than Jakob Poetl entering his prime?
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#83 » by vryadli » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:24 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I said what I meant and I meant what I said.
This answers your first question

Your second question is not the kind of argument I'd use in a debate but I'll try my best to match your style:

Do you think Spida is so much worse than Jakob Poetl entering his prime?

First, I think about effects of first scoring options on teams and moreover - not power, but dribbling-shooting-passing type. Kobe and DM are both in this category (or Rubio by the way). Lakers was a bottom feeder with just Kobe, so I think thatJazz will be bottom-feeder with DM. One can argue of course that it is not a tanking but misery. I will understand that logic.

And then I think that Jakob Poetl absolutely none of that things (first scoring options of a dribbling-shooting-passing type), so I think there no need to think about them in this context.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:16 pm

You're being arbitrarily tautological.
One way or another, Poetl was best Spurs' scorer last time I checked.

You can pick any other SAS player (or any player from any No Man's Land team) fitting better with the context created by yourself and the point will still the same as with Kobe, Jordan or Elgin Baylor.

None.

Was Spida a David Robinson type of player and I'd be saying exactly the same because my take doesn't require any specific individual skillset context.

My take was not: If Spida stays, he's so amazingly good dribbler-shooter-passer that team will have no option to tank

My take was: If Spida stays, team won't tank.

But of course... just my educated guess.
I respect yours and you could be perfectly right: maybe Utah will be fighting for a #3 Draft pick since half Late pre Season.

Time will tell.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. (currently CLECaus 2nd Season). Why Nobody Told Me About Kessler? 

Post#85 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:00 pm

(Upgrading opinions)
Even if Spida leaves, you won 't tank.

I ran out of Internet from months... now I just can watch games from public wi-fis (mostly at clubs because I like eating, drinking and smoking while I watch games).

I barely watched a bunch of CLECaus games (RRicky is near to be fully cleared to play even back to backs) and just today I could see replayed your game against Hornets.

I'm honestly impressed.

I love DannyTroll Ainge and of course I was expecting something weird... but no near as functional.

You look raw, I won't lie to you... guys still asking themselves, some teammate. some coach or some mopa-gurls what to do next at court (from screening to jump balls) but team shows good collective instincts.

Markkanen still more impactful playing pure SF than any Big position (even that Strecht-4 sh*t).

I know Chris Dunn from his TimberTrolls times. In my opinion, a guy worthy to trust so long you don't ask him more than he can do (stop asking him to be a 3P machine, for instance).

THT is not a combo evolving into a PG at all... in fact he is quite the opposite:

He is a natural Point Guard forced to play combo (or even forward, at times) because coaches had other supposedly better Point Guards than him (or better shorty ballhandler-scorers faking to be PGs or even all-around playmakers, if we include LeBald and sort) and they would rather use his size, strength and hustle than his run-the-team talents.

He always had those talents and now at Utah you all can see it.

Rudy Guy evolved from a young one-man-army SF to a veteran team-first Center along his career. He always brings good things to the table in whatever stance.

Still not a well formed idea about that pack of intriguing talented younglings you have roaming to and fro... I didn't even learn some of their names (pretty unusual and hard to grasp names, in some cases).

They can apparently play some D... a bit inconsistent to my taste but true D at least and that's enough to me to approve them.

I need to highlight Kessler.

I think I know a bit about Centers and what I saw this morning had nothing to do with just a good game. It was consistently enlightening to me.
I don't think he's getting all the Media noise he deserves. What he does out there is just amazing and nobody told me.

He's inmodestly tall and long.
He's modestly talented.
He's a natural hustler (I love that).

But the actual difference-maker skill in his toolbox is he has a Top-level game awareness rarely seen in a rookie... and even in half the NBA made players.

Too early to tell nothing for sure (let alone after watching him just one game) but if this guy ends up being some All Star level I won't be so surprised as I am now with him being a rookie.

(Addendo after reading his bio: Pick #22?? It was a scouters' joke to the Media?)
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. Ghost CLECaus/Indianos. Why Nobody Told Me About Kessler?? 

Post#86 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:29 pm

Read on Twitter

I just realized current RR's CLECaus teammate, the Center Afro JA (Jarrett Allen) is a pick #22 as well.

Scouters...

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Re: Nómades Ex-UtrollJazz. Ghost CLECaus/Indianos. Why Nobody Told Me About Kessler?? 

Post#87 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:48 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I just realized current RR's CLECaus teammate, the Center Afro JA (Jarrett Allen) is a pick #22 as well.

Scouters...

You should have already known about him after he came to Minnesota and dropped a 20-20 game in a win against the Timberwolves.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:You should have already known about him after he came to Minnesota and dropped a 20-20 game in a win against the Timberwolves.

I was out from Internet, media and mostly any human communication for months... I missed the entire Late Pre Season (as well as half the anime season and TV Series).

I was happy to realize Utah isn't sucking at court while rebuilding.

I remember I thought (poor Iñigo... it was the chance of his lifetime and DannyTroll just screwed it)
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nómades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens. 

Post#89 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Jan 7, 2024 1:01 pm

Farewell.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,699

Post#90 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:10 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Farewell.

Yep, thanks for the memories! I admired Rubio's all-in, relentless, competitive spirit. I hope he decides to come back and play some more in Europe!
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 432

Post#91 » by TNJazz » Sun Jan 7, 2024 4:05 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Farewell.

Adios, Senior Rubio, I loved your game and wish you all the best as you take care of yourself.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,471

Post#92 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 7, 2024 6:42 pm

I always like him as a player and a person. At some point of his career he became under-rated. Great passer, good defender with some size, good teammate and locker room presence. I wish him all the best. Good luck Ricky!
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz