ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrea...now vs the future?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

asif9t9
Banned User
And1: 0

Andrea...now vs the future? 

Post#1 » by asif9t9 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:37 am

So, when Andrea was demoted to the bench early in the season, people were up in arms because we needed Andrea to learn his position, and we needed to suffer for the sake of the future.

Well, he got his chance and we are where we are.

Basically, the team plays better with him on the bench. He's never around in crunch time and he gets more fouls than points.

I do think he's learning, but boy, he's doing it really slowly. In fact, he may have reached his ceiling, as a centre, for THIS YEAR. He needs some serious coaching when it comes to rebounding and staying with his man, off the ball.

I'm thinking we've gotten all we can out of this experiment for this year. If we put Rasho back in, we go back to more consistency, and Andrea gets his PT with the second stringers. We all know the team is better off that way THIS YEAR (I keep stressing this year because I'm not a Bargnani hater...I want what's best for the team).

We need this team to get going, so we can be ready come playoff time. We can't start Andrea in the playoffs in this experimental manner, where we expect him to foul out quickly, and where he's so low on confidence he can't even hit his shots......his bread and butter!!!

Do we care about the playoffs this year, or do we keep using this season as practice time???
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#2 » by rdtx2005 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 am

Another Bargs thread?.. must we have one after every game?
uniballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081

Post#3 » by uniballer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 am

rdtx2005 wrote:Another Bargs thread?.. must we have one after every game?

Well hes the reason we lose games...
Credit to the great TZ
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#4 » by Indiana Jones » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 am

it's not practice time, it's real game situations. he can't get much worse...maybe that's a good sign??
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#5 » by CreaM » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 am

Andrea is REALLY starting to bother me. I wasn't for the whole perimeter center experiment in the first place but this is ridiculous. I didn't know it could get this bad.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#6 » by Live Free » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 am

for some odd reason i still have hope in andrea.. theres still hope
I-AM-A-BEAST
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by I-AM-A-BEAST » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 am

I agree. Start Rasho again. Were wasting him, and were not gonna have him for much longer. Bargs' season looks like a lost cause at this point. Were 41 games in (halfway) and he's been horrible. Let's worrying about winning games this season and tinkering with this whole Bargs experiment next season.

I really don't think he's worth losing games over. I think I have completely given up on him. It's sad.
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#8 » by Egg Nog » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:53 am

I really don't mind that loss. It will at the very least send a solid message of how to run a game.

I think the biggest problem I've been having with the Raps lately is that Rasho hasn't been getting any playing time. He was solid for us last year, particularly on defense.

Andrea just doesn't look right out there. I feel pretty bad for the kid, being forced to play a position he's not cut out for. I can't really say that it's his fault for being a poor 5.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#9 » by Rhettmatic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:59 am

If Bargnani is only going to play 12-15 minutes anyway, does it make a huge difference if he gets them as a starter? Starting Rasho sets a tone defensively and on the glass. I don't thinK Bargnani is ready to start right now.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#10 » by bakafool » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 am

Let him start. We can't be flipping around during the season. However, if he's still garbage by playoff time, then start Rasho.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
asif9t9
Banned User

Post#11 » by asif9t9 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 am

rdtx2005 wrote:Another Bargs thread?.. must we have one after every game?

Must we have you after every game? You don't even read threads, you just make these flippant remarks like everyone is clueless but you. This is not a Bargs Sucks thread.

This is asking if we should continue starting him for the sake of teaching him how to be our C for the next five years. We've now spent a good deal of the first half of the season worrying about Andrea. At some point, we need to look at the current team and see how far we can go with them.

With Rasho starting and Andrea off the bench, the team is that much better. With TJ back, we're even better. CB is back playing the way he was when we were chanting MVP last year. AP is on his game. Moon as made up for Garbo's loss. We have superior depth with Kapono, Delfino, Juan and even Joey.

I do believe we have the tools to make a run this year. But we're being hamstrung by this idea that it's not about this year.....it's about two years from now. I really do think there's enough depth and talent on this team to make a run this year.
asif9t9
Banned User

Post#12 » by asif9t9 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 am

bakafool wrote:Let him start. We can't be flipping around during the season. However, if he's still garbage by playoff time, then start Rasho.

Don't we need to get the lineup sorted out before the playoffs? We need to get in a rhythm now. Who's the starting five? So far it seems Rasho should be the guy. And then how should AB come off the bench? Should he come on with Hump at C, and AB at PF? Should Andrea sub in at C while CB is still at PF?

Should Andrea sub in for....Moon at PF? These are questions we need to start answering now.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#13 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:17 am

Look on the bright side: At least we won't have to pay him when his contract runs out. Thank god in 2009 it's the team's option and not the player's option.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#14 » by bakafool » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 am

asif9t9 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't we need to get the lineup sorted out before the playoffs? We need to get in a rhythm now. Who's the starting five? So far it seems Rasho should be the guy. And then how should AB come off the bench? Should he come on with Hump at C, and AB at PF? Should Andrea sub in at C while CB is still at PF?

Should Andrea sub in for....Moon at PF? These are questions we need to start answering now.

I think Rasho can easily be inserted in the starting lineup without much need for him or his teammates getting familiar with each other. He's like, plug and play. He's veteran enough to know how to play with the starters, and his teammates know how he plays. I don't think there'll be much of a problem. If really needed, I think 3 games before the playoffs is enough. Bargs'll be the first guy off the bench for Rasho or Chris. Or as you said, Sam may elect to put in Andrea and Hump.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#15 » by EdMar_Davis » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:37 am

I've not hated on Bargs at all since his arrival, but he's really starting to piss me off. He's freaking 7 feet tall and he can't grab a rebound. All he does is pretend like he's going after the ball, but he's just jumping around randomly. Get a big man coach for him allready. If this is all were going to get from him, then BC made a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuge mistake.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#16 » by jeffya2 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:47 am

If we wanted a center we should have drafted a center

[b]If we wanted a guard we should have drafted a guard

If we wanted a SF we should have drafted a SF

Oops forgot that's what he is/was until we messed with him
Jamz18
Banned User

Post#17 » by Jamz18 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:25 am

uniballer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well hes the reason we lose games...

I swear we were winning before....I hate you guys for real.... your the most negative fans i know next to those liverpool f.c fans in soccer
Jamz18
Banned User

Post#18 » by Jamz18 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:25 am

Youngblood wrote:Look on the bright side: At least we won't have to pay him when his contract runs out. Thank god in 2009 it's the team's option and not the player's option.

HAHA!! too bad he will get an contract in 09
Franchise_411
Senior

Post#19 » by Franchise_411 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:34 am

Feel free to disagree, but I see Bargnani as a Toni Kukoc type player ... there would be nothing wrong with that, he can still be a major contributor ...
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#20 » by ansoncarter » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:50 am

Franchise_411 wrote:Feel free to disagree, but I see Bargnani as a Toni Kukoc type player ... there would be nothing wrong with that, he can still be a major contributor ...

kukoc was on another planet from bargs at controlling the ball. He could go in traffic, make plays, I think he even ran point a bit in miluakee

Bargs can't do any of that, and he's not even close to being able to. I think there's zero chance his style will ever look like kukoc's

Return to Toronto Raptors