ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,930

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 2 

Post#1 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 15, 2024 11:56 am

continued

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2371505
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,331

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 2 

Post#2 » by MiamiSPX » Wed May 15, 2024 1:15 pm

Lots of Siakam slander going around but I am not sure why. He isn't playing any better or worse than expected. Overall I think he's been their best player, and that's the problem. I think the idea was for him to be the running mate to #1 guy Haliburton. Now it appears he will be their best player in the short term, and we know firsthand how that will go.

I still expect Indy to win Game 6 as most of them obviously play better at home. One of the few things Shaq has said that always holds true "role players play better at home in the playoffs".

Speaking of Shaq, since telling Jokic on live TV that he didn't deserver the MVP:

Denver 3-0

34 pts 14 rebs 9 asts 3 stls 3 blks
35 pts 7 rebs 7 asts 3 stls 1 blk
40 pts 7 rebs 13 asts 2 stls 1 blk
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#3 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 1:41 pm

I posted a legit new thread.

The poster named reeko responded to it.

Reeko is a mod on this board that oversaw the seizure of troll bullies who were colluding on secret chatboards.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#4 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 1:41 pm

I posted a legit new thread.

The poster named reeko responded to it then locked it.

Reeko is a mod on this board that oversaw the seizure of troll bullies who were colluding on secret chatboards.

It is no doubt legit to say that all the trolls is shtucking and jiving.

If you hate fred and Pascal...you aren't raptor fam. There is probably an age requirement for this litmus test.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,769

Post#5 » by DG88 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 pm

mdenny wrote:I posted a legit new thread.

First off no you didn't post a legit thread. That was not worthy of being a thread. That's was you posting your personal gripes.

Secondly, I locked your thread and were warned by Reeko. Keep it up though because you need a timeout.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#6 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

DG88 wrote:

First off no you didn't post a legit thread. That was not worthy of being a thread. That's was you posting your personal gripes.

Secondly, I looked your thread and were warned by Reeko. Keep it up though because you need a timeout.

I say it's a legit point.

We have more than 10 thousand posts on this board that hate on fred and Pascal. You felt compelled to lock down my thread?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,174

Post#7 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:continued

Read on Twitter

Not a big deal but the first thread was only at page 98 not 100. And it hasn't been locked yet for being full. Getting sloppy around here.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,769

Post#8 » by DG88 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:02 pm

mdenny wrote:
DG88 wrote:

Secondly, I looked your thread and were warned by Reeko. Keep it up though because you need a timeout.

I say it's a legit point.

We have more than 10 thousand posts on this board that hate on fred and Pascal. You felt compelled to lock down my thread?

Yes because all it will do is go to lowest common denominator which you have gripes with. We're not going to keep a thread open that will be a cesspool. If you disagree with other posters then don't comment or report them if they are going out of line. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone has their reasons to like or hate Fred and Pascal. This will be the last time I'll speak on this. Let's keep the discussion about the Playoffs.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,930

Post#9 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not a big deal but the first thread was only at page 98 not 100. And it hasn't been locked yet for being full. Getting sloppy around here.

No it was at 99 but who really gives a crap?
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#10 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 15, 2024 2:08 pm

DG88 wrote:

The supreme irony is he posts supposedly defending Pascal and Fred (who's not even in the playoffs), but posts snide gratuitous potshots at OG all the time.

Thanks for locking, good decision.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,153

Post#11 » by Potential » Wed May 15, 2024 2:08 pm

I couldn't agree more with this lad. I can't believe there are FVV and Siakam haters. I love every raptors player that contributed to the championship team and will never have any hate towards them. Even grateful for Demarre Carroll and Scola who were a big part of the 2016 ecf run. God bless America
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#12 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 15, 2024 2:10 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

No it was at 99 but who really gives a crap?

Typo I meant 99. I said off the top no big deal, I just thought it's a mod's job to lock a full thread and start the new. Again, no big deal
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,685

Post#13 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 pm

Seems like Nuggets have snatched Twolves' soul. I'll be shocked if Twolves win 2 straight.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#14 » by Scase » Wed May 15, 2024 2:32 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:Lots of Siakam slander going around but I am not sure why. He isn't playing any better or worse than expected. Overall I think he's been their best player, and that's the problem. I think the idea was for him to be the running mate to #1 guy Haliburton. Now it appears he will be their best player in the short term, and we know firsthand how that will go.

I still expect Indy to win Game 6 as most of them obviously play better at home. One of the few things Shaq has said that always holds true "role players play better at home in the playoffs".

Speaking of Shaq, since telling Jokic on live TV that he didn't deserver the MVP:

Denver 3-0

Because it's the same thing it's always been, the playoffs come and his performance takes a dip. He's not playing horrendously, he's just playing meh, and for a guy looking to be paid a max contract, on a team that has the perfect complimentary pieces, he's still doing the same, or worse than when he was on a "bad fit" roster.

It's just funny to me that with all the people defending him while he was here, blaming it on the coach, other players, the poor roster, the FO never building around him. That's he's doing the exact same thing with an entirely different situation. And quite frankly the worse he does, the better for us, a lot can happen in 2 years and if Siakam continues to be a mediocre playoff performer, then who knows, maybe Hali demands out, or they trade him and the team takes a step back and our pick gets better.

Watching people try and defend a game where he puts up 13 or 14 points cause "he didn't have any turnovers", instead of just being honest and saying he had a bad game is absurd. He's overall not been very good, he's been extremely good in a couple games, really bad in some others and just mid in the others. He's broken 20ppg 4 times in 11 games and he was supposed to be the marquee acquisition, it's just tiring to see people defend mediocrity. I've seen enough of that the last handful of years.
Props TZ!
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,199

Post#15 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 15, 2024 2:35 pm

It is no doubt legit to say that all the trolls is shtucking and jiving.

If you hate fred and Pascal...you aren't raptor fam. There is probably an age requirement for this litmus test.

who is hating on Fred these days?

who is hating on Pascal? calling him out for a bad game is hating?
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,331

Post#16 » by MiamiSPX » Wed May 15, 2024 2:50 pm

Scase wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:Lots of Siakam slander going around but I am not sure why. He isn't playing any better or worse than expected. Overall I think he's been their best player, and that's the problem. I think the idea was for him to be the running mate to #1 guy Haliburton. Now it appears he will be their best player in the short term, and we know firsthand how that will go.

Denver 3-0

Because it's the same thing it's always been, the playoffs come and his performance takes a dip. He's not playing horrendously, he's just playing meh, and for a guy looking to be paid a max contract, on a team that has the perfect complimentary pieces, he's still doing the same, or worse than when he was on a "bad fit" roster.

It's just funny to me that with all the people defending him while he was here, blaming it on the coach, other players, the poor roster, the FO never building around him. That's he's doing the exact same thing with an entirely different situation. And quite frankly the worse he does, the better for us, a lot can happen in 2 years and if Siakam continues to be a mediocre playoff performer, then who knows, maybe Hali demands out, or they trade him and the team takes a step back and our pick gets better.

Watching people try and defend a game where he puts up 13 or 14 points cause "he didn't have any turnovers", instead of just being honest and saying he had a bad game is absurd. He's overall not been very good, he's been extremely good in a couple games, really bad in some others and just mid in the others. He's broken 20ppg 4 times in 11 games and he was supposed to be the marquee acquisition, it's just tiring to see people defend mediocrity. I've seen enough of that the last handful of years.

I don't disagree with any of this. I just never held him in such high regard as others ("top 15 player"). I guess what I am saying is that he isn't really surprising me with his play. A couple of great 30+ points games, followed by some bad games where he scores 13 points and misses almost all of his FTs. This is what I have always called the "Pascal Siakam Experience" and I actually don' t mean that disparagingly.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#17 » by Scase » Wed May 15, 2024 3:07 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Scase wrote:

Denver 3-0

I don't disagree with any of this. I just never held him in such high regard as others ("top 15 player"). I guess what I am saying is that he isn't really surprising me with his play. A couple of great 30+ points games, followed by some bad games where he scores 13 points and misses almost all of his FTs. This is what I have always called the "Pascal Siakam Experience" and I actually don' t mean that disparagingly.

Absolutely I agree. I just don't think it's fitting to call it slander, when it's accurate lol.

People are dumping on Hali, when even with 1 complete stinker of a game, and another bad one, he's still putting up better numbers than Siakam in the series. The difference here?

One of them is 24 years old in his first ever playoff run.
One of them is 30 with 65 playoff games and a chip under his belt.

One of them deserves the criticism, the other, not so much.
Props TZ!
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,322

Post#18 » by ciueli » Wed May 15, 2024 4:05 pm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2024-nba-eastern-conference-semifinals-pacers-vs-knicks.html

Looking at the stats for the series so far, I wouldn't say Pascal's having a great series. He's clearly the second best player on the Pacers, the only major stat he's better than Haliburton at is rebounds (6.8 to 4.0) which he should be, Haliburton is even slightly better than him in blocks which is pretty ridiculous.

Overall, Pascal is looking like the 5th best player in the series if OG is included, that gives the Knicks 3 out of the top 4 players and that is with them missing Randle, there's even a argument that Josh Hart is outplaying him (he's averaging 12.0 RPG so that would push Pascal to 6th).

The big advantage the Knicks have are in rebounding and free throw attempts, the Pacers are actually shooting better percentages, but it doesn't matter given the number of additional possessions the Knicks are getting added to the Pacers' inability to play any defence (thus the fouling).

Having watched all the games in this series, all I can say is thank God we didn't keep Pascal Siakam on a max contract, and yes, this completely validates the view that we should have traded him ages ago for a better return. He's a weak rebounder for his position, he can't really manufacture his own offence against the Knicks defence, he doesn't provide the floor spacing the Pacers need to make their all offence concept work, and he's not helping shore up their terrible defence. Paying a max contract for him now that he's in his 30s would have been a bad decision for this franchise going forward.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,265

Post#19 » by sidsid » Wed May 15, 2024 7:20 pm

Hard to wrap your head around it, but Rudy had a pretty damn good game if you remove the Jokic parts from it.

Read on Twitter
?t=QPD3TWr_CKALxmmaeVBMgQ&s=19
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,406

Post#20 » by YogurtProducer » Wed May 15, 2024 7:35 pm

Scase wrote:
MiamiSPX wrote:
Scase wrote:Because it's the same thing it's always been, the playoffs come and his performance takes a dip. He's not playing horrendously, he's just playing meh, and for a guy looking to be paid a max contract, on a team that has the perfect complimentary pieces, he's still doing the same, or worse than when he was on a "bad fit" roster.

Absolutely I agree. I just don't think it's fitting to call it slander, when it's accurate lol.

People are dumping on Hali, when even with 1 complete stinker of a game, and another bad one, he's still putting up better numbers than Siakam in the series. The difference here?

One of them is 24 years old in his first ever playoff run.
One of them is 30 with 65 playoff games and a chip under his belt.

One of them deserves the criticism, the other, not so much.

One of them went from averaging 20/11 in the RS to 18/8 in the POs and the other went from 21/8/4 to 21/8/3 but of course it is the latter you blame.

You hate so blindly it is downright sad.

Reality - if Haliburton played like his RS self they are up 3-2. The man gave em 6 points in a 4 point game 1 loss.

****, last night Siakam was a -2 in 33 minutes, and they lost the other 15 minutes by 28...
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors