ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,323

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#141 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 5:45 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I am sure the overlap between X users and Drake fans is pretty high. There is a reason why everyone in the hip-hop community is siding with Kendrick, and no one is going to bat for Drake.

But hey - keep defending the pedo.

Have you been on twitter? :lol: . The fact that you just called him that is all i need to know no need to keep talking to you

Yeah, I have been on twitter :lol:

QUoting XXL Mag is like me using Stephen A Smith in a MJ vs LBJ argument

Dude, you just used a Realgm poll with 40 votes to defend your point of view loll.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,232

Post#142 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 5:50 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
Have you been on twitter? :lol: . The fact that you just called him that is all i need to know no need to keep talking to you

Dude, you just used a Realgm poll with 40 votes to defend your point of view loll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,317

Post#143 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 6:01 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Yeah, to show how differently people not from Toronto feel about it, keep up here.

Go to Youtube:
Not Like Us = 1.5M likes (every song has 1M plus also)
Heart Part 6 = 500K likes

Check who is on top of Spotify - it is not Drake.

That **** is crazy considering how much more popular Drake is in general compared to Kendrick.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,840

Post#144 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon May 6, 2024 6:03 pm

I might be naive, but I think calling Drake a predator is a stretch. But that’s what these things are, especially in this day and age where people write their own narrative and everyone believes it through social media.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,323

Post#145 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 6:05 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Yeah, I have been on twitter :lol:

Yeah, to show how differently people not from Toronto feel about it, keep up here.

Go to Youtube:

That **** is crazy considering how much more popular Drake is in general compared to Kendrick.

Dude, Not Like Us is a banger. Im on Drake's side but even im loving that track mainly because of the beat. Heart Part 6 is just a track to refute the BS Kendrick is spewing and not meant to be a banger.

Again, Drake is going against about 20 different fanbases that are all uniting to hate on 1 man. This happens to all dudes who are at the top. We will see how this ends.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#146 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 6:09 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Go to Youtube:

Dude, Not Like Us is a banger. Im on Drake's side but even im loving that track mainly because of the beat. Heart Part 6 is just a track to refute the BS Kendrick is spewing and not meant to be a banger.

Again, Drake is going against about 20 different fanbases that are all uniting to hate on 1 man. This happens to all dudes who are at the top. We will see how this ends.

Meet the Grahams was not a banger either - it also had a million plus likes.

And no, this does not happen to all dudes who are at the top. It happens to dudes with skeletons in the closest. You really think Kendrick is jealous over Drakes popularity or something?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#147 » by Mattatron » Mon May 6, 2024 6:11 pm

"If I was **** young girls, I promise I'd have been arrested
I'm way too famous for this **** you just suggested" eh this is some epstein ****. Boy, u got money & power. That's the reason you did not get arrested lmao "I'm too famous for being a pedo"? That was his response lmao

Drake went from
"C'mon Kendrick we're waiting, what's taking so long?" To "damn bruh u got 10 more songs to drop. You're obsessed."

Push Up's was meh, Taylor Made was weak, Family Matters really good, but kendrick released immediately that diabolical "meet the graham's". Drake never gained any momentum in this battle. Heart pt 6 sounds like he's crying, and waving the white flag. No one cares anymore. Kenny beat the **** outta Drake.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,748

Post#148 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 6:13 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:You really think Kendrick is jealous over Drakes popularity or something?

Yes. Drake specifically. He thinks he's "fake" and sells music to highschool girls and doesn't like that Drake is more popular because of that. He's not trying to out a sexual predator or something.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#149 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 6:13 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Yeah, I have been on twitter :lol:

Go to Youtube:

You think casual listeners to hip hop ie pop fans are invested in this "beef"? The suburban moms who loved and streamed "Hot Line Bling" likely don't know and definitely don't care about this back and forth with Kendrick. The fact is that this is quickly becoming about America vs Canada, LA vs Toronto, poor upbringing vs middle class upbringing. The support or hate either one of them receives has little to do with the quality of the music that's been made over the course of this battle.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,939

Post#150 » by Ado05 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:22 pm

Mattatron wrote:
Ado05 wrote:Drake won if the allegations he made against Kendrick are true. I know people run with the Drake likes underage girls angle, but as far as I know he hasnt been involved with minors. Maybe I missed something.

Also would be clever if its true that Drake baited Kendrick into that daughter thing.

There's literally a video of Drake kissing a 17 y/o live on Stage in Denver. Baka, another OVO Member is a registered sex offender etc.

Wasnt Drake in his early twenties when that happened?

I get why someone would have a problem, but it feels a bit disingenuous.
Mattatron
Starter

Post#151 » by Mattatron » Mon May 6, 2024 6:27 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Twitter is literally all KDot nuthuggers at the moment.

So when Drake wins a poll - you make excuses.
When Kendrick wins a poll - "no excuses, this is a fair poll and an accurate representation"

"Everyone in the hip-hop community" says who? LMAO. Talk about baseless claims...

Drake is the most popular music artist which means he's going to have a lot of haters, then you add the Kendrick fans - along with the fanbases of Weeknd, Metro, Future, ASAP, Rihanna, Ross, etc. - and yeah, it's easy to understand why there's overwhelming hate directed towards Drake.

Also, I'm glad Drake addressed the fact that Kendrick literally threated to take down his music if Spotify took down R-Kelly's music. Talk about hypocrisy... Kendrick wholeheartedly supports an actual proven pedophile and sex offender.

A lot of y'all chose to ignore that part of the song though... cuz you know... it doesn't fit your agenda. Keep engaging in confirmation bias, since it's what helps you sleep at night.

Bro Drake is the biggest rap artist in the world right now ESPECIALLY among the demographic that utilizes twitter. The fact that Twitter is all on KDots side is NOT a good thing for Drake. Drake has the upper hand in terms of fans, and yet he still is the one who looks like the clown right now.

The fact that every other artist is on Kendricks side should be telling to Drake fans lol.

The dude clowned himself on Heart Part 6. The dude is claiming he made it all up and tricked Kendrick, yet he has no proof? :lol: The dude slips up in his own song and admits he is full of ****:

"The ones that you're gettin' your stories from, they all clowns" - 5 seconds later says it was actually him.

Tough go for Drake. Find out his crew has a leak and then he is forced to write something himself to avoid the leak and we get... this garbage.

All that and you have no comment about how Kendrick released back to back once he realized "Meet the Grahams" was full of crap. If it's true what Kendrick said about his daughter then it shouldn't be hard for him to provide the receipts...

This battle has turned into Drake being hated on because he's Canadian, mixed, comes from a good upbringing. The fact he still made it to the top in a world where all that's usually frowned upon is what's creating his haters. If you want to support that type of BS then enjoy.

That's bs, Meet the Graham's was a banger. In battle rap its never been about proof/receipts etc. Show me one Battlerap. I will never forget the line by Pusha about Drake playing borderpolice when it comes to his son lmaooo

And no, they don't hate him because he's Canadian or Mixed. The Hip Hop Culture, besides commercial major label clowns, hates him because he still talks about "slaves" and identifies black americans as slaves, copying Atlanta style, and is a **** moron that acts like he's the biggest mafiosi on earth #colonizers. He's acting tough, dude is an rnb singer and he should stick to that and not act like benny siegel. Conscious Rap Artists hate this Clown.

Even metro released a disstrumental using drums against drake lmaooo a disstrumental!
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#152 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 6:29 pm

Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Go to Youtube:

You think casual listeners to hip hop ie pop fans are invested in this "beef"? The suburban moms who loved and streamed "Hot Line Bling" likely don't know and definitely don't care about this back and forth with Kendrick. The fact is that this is quickly becoming about America vs Canada, LA vs Toronto, poor upbringing vs middle class upbringing. The support or hate either one of them receives has little to do with the quality of the music that's been made over the course of this battle.

I feel like you’ve not been paying attention at all. This isn’t America vs Canada or LA vs Toronto at all.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,748

Post#153 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 6:29 pm

Mattatron wrote:Even metro released a disstrumental using drums against drake lmaooo a disstrumental!

That seems quite lame to me, personally.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#154 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 6:30 pm

Ado05 wrote:
Mattatron wrote:
Ado05 wrote:Drake won if the allegations he made against Kendrick are true. I know people run with the Drake likes underage girls angle, but as far as I know he hasnt been involved with minors. Maybe I missed something.

Also would be clever if its true that Drake baited Kendrick into that daughter thing.

There's literally a video of Drake kissing a 17 y/o live on Stage in Denver. Baka, another OVO Member is a registered sex offender etc.

Wasnt Drake in his early twenties when that happened?

I get why someone would have a problem, but it feels a bit disingenuous.

22 or 23 I thought I read. There’s also the lyrics about finding a high schooler “bad” or whatever. Or giving 13 year olds advise and “hanging out” with them for days and telling them how much he misses her.

The dude is a weirdo
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,064

Post#155 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 6:30 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:some of you guys need to get outside more, it's embarrassing

God forbid we discuss music.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#156 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 6:35 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Yeah, to show how differently people not from Toronto feel about it, keep up here.

Go to Youtube:

I feel like you’ve not been paying attention at all. This isn’t America vs Canada or LA vs Toronto at all.

It is. You'd have to have some grasp of psychology and herd mentality to understand that though.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#157 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 6:40 pm

Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Reeko wrote:You think casual listeners to hip hop ie pop fans are invested in this "beef"? The suburban moms who loved and streamed "Hot Line Bling" likely don't know and definitely don't care about this back and forth with Kendrick. The fact is that this is quickly becoming about America vs Canada, LA vs Toronto, poor upbringing vs middle class upbringing. The support or hate either one of them receives has little to do with the quality of the music that's been made over the course of this battle.

It is. You'd have to have some grasp of psychology and herd mentality to understand that though.

Oh come on man, don’t pull a drake and deflect here :lol:

Nothing about this is about nationality. Kendrick is calling the dude a deadbeat father and a pedophile. That’s 99% of it
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#158 » by sbsat » Mon May 6, 2024 6:41 pm

Kendrick isnt the genius you all big him up to be. He’s employing the very simple strategy by front running an album release by stirring shi.t up with Drake for sales. Metro just did that exact thing. Also out in context, kendricks last album did not hit thr mark commercially.

Then he clearly chased bad info re: the daughter and double dropped with a pivot to cover it. Pretty pathetic.

And bringing up pusha t…. Aint no one listen to that damn diss song in years. Zero legacy to it.

Lastly i dont like drake and i actually believe he a pedo/groomer. But this was a battle rap it was light work for kendrick he played it wrong by this stupid allegations. Just work him on the mic and this would be over in 2-3 tracks. Hes not as smart as ppl gas him up to be
Mattatron
Starter

Post#159 » by Mattatron » Mon May 6, 2024 6:48 pm

sbsat wrote:Kendrick isnt the genius you all big him up to be. He’s employing the very simple strategy by front running an album release by stirring shi.t up with Drake for sales. Metro just did that exact thing. Also out in context, kendricks last album did not hit thr mark commercially.

Then he clearly chased bad info re: the daughter and double dropped with a pivot to cover it. Pretty pathetic.

And bringing up pusha t…. Aint no one listen to that damn diss song in years. Zero legacy to it.

Lastly i dont like drake and i actually believe he a pedo/groomer. But this was a battle rap it was light work for kendrick he played it wrong by this stupid allegations. Just work him on the mic and this would be over in 2-3 tracks. Hes not as smart as ppl gas him up to be

"Also out in context, kendricks last album did not hit thr mark commercially." 1st of all kendricks gives a sh*t about sales, hes conscious, he cares more about artistry and message. Drake is the industry hoe.

Upon release, Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers received the largest first day streams of 2022 on Apple Music, garnering over 60 million streams.[113] In the United States, the album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, opening with 295,000 album-equivalent units that consisted of 35,000 album sales and 258,000 streaming units (calculated from the 343.02 million on-demand streams the album's tracks received). Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers became Lamar's fourth number-one album in the country, and was the largest opening week for an album in 2022 at the time.[114] The album became the first hip hop album of 2022 to reach one billion streams on Spotify.[115] As of November 30, 2022, Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers was the thirteenth best-selling album of the year according to Hits.[116] Still according to the magazine, the album has moved a total of 1,063,000 album-equivalent units by the end of 2022, including 177,000 pure album sales, 52,000 song sales, 1,127 billion audio-on-demand streams, and 66,091 million video-on-demand streams.[116]

And no, Kendrick is not stirring **** up, because there's a LP in the Pipeline.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#160 » by Reeko » Mon May 6, 2024 7:12 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Reeko wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I feel like you’ve not been paying attention at all. This isn’t America vs Canada or LA vs Toronto at all.

Oh come on man, don’t pull a drake and deflect here :lol:

Nothing about this is about nationality. Kendrick is calling the dude a deadbeat father and a pedophile. That’s 99% of it

I’m speaking to the fans and their reactions.

If you want to get into who is exposing who and who is winning the battle, then that’s a different story. If you want to talk about who is exposing stuff about the other person, in my opinion that would be Drake. Drake has had these allegations of inappropriate relationships with minors for years now, Kendrick isn’t exposing anything there. On the other hand I had no clue that Kendrick was a suspected wife beater or that his wife might have had a kid by one of his best friends. Drake also did a great job of pointing out Kendrick’s hypocrisy with the whole R Kelly music situation.

End of the day I feel like they both lost.

Return to Toronto Raptors