ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#101 » by rapluva » Sat May 4, 2024 5:32 pm

Isn't Michael Beasley available.. we need a big wing who can shoot the lights out in the starting lineup. That itself will be huge.

Then go after Toppin or Jalen Smith from Indy to round out the bench mob
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season 

Post#102 » by Scase » Sat May 4, 2024 5:36 pm

Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:
deeps6x wrote:
I don't know. I think if someone offered the Cavs a top two pick in this draft for Mobley, they might just take it. He's been good, but not great. Plus it would free up money for other players on the team.

Jak, Brown, GTJ, pacers 2026 pick for Mobley. Who says no :lol:

Yeah that is... :lol:

I was wondering if Cleveland might try to use Allen, Strus, Niang to get Durant in an attempt to convince Mitchell to stay. Something like Allen, Strus, D. Wade and Niang for Durant. Clevland can also throw in the #20 from this draft too. Who says no?

I think trading Allen is worse than trading Mobley tbh. If you are gonna make win now moves, you don't move the guy who is objectively better and plays the same position.

IMO you move mitchell and struss for prospects etc and try to retool. Durant ain't fixing that team, but at the same time they arent going anywhere with Mobley being a discount version of Gobert. If they want to do anything, he needs an offensive bag, and he isn't developing one in the next year or two.

I can see them making some win now moves for sure, but moving Allen instead of Mobley to win now is a massive waste of an asset if that's the goal.

That mitchell trade really boned them, they don't have a FRP from 25-29 :o
Props TZ!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,126

Post#103 » by Zeno » Sat May 4, 2024 6:17 pm

Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:Jak, Brown, GTJ, pacers 2026 pick for Mobley. Who says no :lol:

I was wondering if Cleveland might try to use Allen, Strus, Niang to get Durant in an attempt to convince Mitchell to stay. Something like Allen, Strus, D. Wade and Niang for Durant. Clevland can also throw in the #20 from this draft too. Who says no?

I think trading Allen is worse than trading Mobley tbh. If you are gonna make win now moves, you don't move the guy who is objectively better and plays the same position.

IMO you move mitchell and struss for prospects etc and try to retool. Durant ain't fixing that team, but at the same time they arent going anywhere with Mobley being a discount version of Gobert. If they want to do anything, he needs an offensive bag, and he isn't developing one in the next year or two.

I can see them making some win now moves for sure, but moving Allen instead of Mobley to win now is a massive waste of an asset if that's the goal.

It was a really dumb move because it basically stagnated the development of their two building blocks. I wasn’t suggesting what I think they should do but rather the thing they will try to do. But thinking about it further there is no way Ishbia trades Durant to his mortgaging nemesis Dan Gilbert. lol those dudes hate each other. Did you ever hear that recording of Ishbia trash talking about his dominance over Gilbert’s.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,311

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#104 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 4, 2024 6:21 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
What is going on? You are saying KO is not an adequate back-up centre? This board is completely off the rails. Whenever someone comes on this roster the board turns on them.

My man... Olynyk is a really good bench player but he hasn't played Center for majority of his career for a reason. He's been a PF who can play C in particular situations where you're prioritizing offense over defense.

There was a reason why this team (as mediocre as it was) completely fell apart when Poeltl got hurt. You need someone else with that type of skillset off the bench.

It wasn't just Poeltl getting hurt, it was Barnes as well. This team was left a bunch of guards and wings and no bigs at all. We all know KO isn't a great defensive anchor 5, but it looked so much worse out there because of the lineups we were forced to play. You had Agbaji, Nwora and McDaniels getting minutes at the 4, of course it's going to look like a dumpster fire out there.

Well Barnes is our best player so that's obviously going to happen but Poeltl is a damn role player. Him being out of the lineup shouldn't have a devastating effect. My point was that this team needs a true backup Center behind Poeltl.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#105 » by positivetension » Sat May 4, 2024 6:36 pm

Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:Yeah that is... :lol:

It was a really dumb move because it basically stagnated the development of their two building blocks. I wasn’t suggesting what I think they should do but rather the thing they will try to do. But thinking about it further there is no way Ishbia trades Durant to his mortgaging nemesis Dan Gilbert. lol those dudes hate each other. Did you ever hear that recording of Ishbia trash talking about his dominance over Gilbert’s.

Business is business. The Raptors made a blockbuster trade with the Knicks while being sued by them lol
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,126

Post#106 » by Zeno » Sat May 4, 2024 7:49 pm

positivetension wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:I think trading Allen is worse than trading Mobley tbh. If you are gonna make win now moves, you don't move the guy who is objectively better and plays the same position.

Business is business. The Raptors made a blockbuster trade with the Knicks while being sued by them lol

Sure but this would be Ishbia admitting he f’d up and doing so while trading Durant to the Cavs. That seems unlikely. If he did that, he’d have other options.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,803

Post#107 » by Pointgod » Sat May 4, 2024 8:23 pm

Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Scase wrote:Jak, Brown, GTJ, pacers 2026 pick for Mobley. Who says no :lol:

There’s no one they could trade Garland and Mobley for short of Jokic that will raise their ceiling. The Celtics are operating so far ahead of all of the teams in the East that it’s hard to catch up without a major shift in talent.

The Cavs should look to trade Mitchell, he’s going to get them the best return. The initial trade wasn’t bad if you assume Mobley would take a leap but he’s been a disappointment. He’s fine but we’ve seen guys like Scottie, Jalen Green and hell even Jalen Suggs take big leaps in their development from their rookie seasons.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,453

Post#108 » by TimeForChange » Sat May 4, 2024 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter

BI is available
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,100

Post#109 » by ontnut » Sat May 4, 2024 8:59 pm

Westbrook to Phoenix to be their starting PG on the vet min? lol...it could happen...
6ixpessant
Senior
And1: 459

Post#110 » by 6ixpessant » Sun May 5, 2024 6:09 am

Ball4life32 wrote:
6ixpessant wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:This is so off base and not even true. Name one teammate that thinks this… you’re listening to clickbait false rumors and crazy you can average 26/11+ with +3 bpm (lowest since rookie yr) but you’re a loser on the court. Yikes

You're assuming I got that from the internet. We don't all live in the basement. :wink:

Now statistically, there is a long line of guys over the decades that were career stat stuffing losers (on the court, nice guys off it.. though Trae doesn't fit that). You can find that data and it can't really be disputed. There are a bunch of them in the league currently.

You should probably lay off the tik tok, hot takes and sport fan circle jerks.

You should definitely take your own advice. Nothing you said is accurate and no one said there aren’t career stat stuffing losers. They don’t make ECF and playoffs (3 of the last 4 yrs) with zero all star teammates though.

:lol:

There is always the MAGA lot in sports fandom.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,956

Post#111 » by Los_29 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:34 am

Pointgod wrote:
Scase wrote:
Zeno wrote:Yeah that is... :lol:

There’s no one they could trade Garland and Mobley for short of Jokic that will raise their ceiling. The Celtics are operating so far ahead of all of the teams in the East that it’s hard to catch up without a major shift in talent.

The Cavs should look to trade Mitchell, he’s going to get them the best return. The initial trade wasn’t bad if you assume Mobley would take a leap but he’s been a disappointment. He’s fine but we’ve seen guys like Scottie, Jalen Green and hell even Jalen Suggs take big leaps in their development from their rookie seasons.

Has Jalen Green actually taken a big leap? He had a great stretch without Sengun but I wouldn’t say he’s significantly better than his rookie season. He’s been a disappointment so far.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 725

Post#112 » by TGM » Sun May 5, 2024 2:14 pm

Our team isn't as bad as people think.

Given how many teams flamed out and have mortgaged their future I think someone like Giannis or KD is available. As tough as it might be for those teams to throw in the towel. Milwaukee is not a big market team, old Lillard, injured Middleton and aging Lopez just doesn't really work. So I can see them trying to rebuild. Lillard can probably fetch some like 2 firsts, Russell and Reaves from the Lakers. If the Raps land a top 4 pick I can see a top pick, plus 4 more firsts and salary filler (Brown, Boucher, McDaniels and Ochai) could get a Giannis. The bucks would right away restart the rebuild. There are definitely teams like NY, OKC, Sacramento and others that could make a play as well, but really depends on what type of rebuild a team like the Bucks would do if they were to hit the reset.

As for the Suns I can't see how they improve unless a bunch of ring chasing vets like CP3 sign for the minimum, if not trading KD is imminent. As much a better fit, I feel a lot more risk surrounded swinging for a KD.

However for the Raps if we can retain the core. Re-sign our FAs this could be a decent team.

IQ - Carter
Barrett - Trent (Just above MLE)
Barnes -Dick
Giannis - Chomche
Jakob - Olynyk

Add another MLE FA and LLE and we have a pretty decent team.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,420

Post#113 » by PushDaRock » Sun May 5, 2024 3:55 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
My man... Olynyk is a really good bench player but he hasn't played Center for majority of his career for a reason. He's been a PF who can play C in particular situations where you're prioritizing offense over defense.

There was a reason why this team (as mediocre as it was) completely fell apart when Poeltl got hurt. You need someone else with that type of skillset off the bench.

It wasn't just Poeltl getting hurt, it was Barnes as well. This team was left a bunch of guards and wings and no bigs at all. We all know KO isn't a great defensive anchor 5, but it looked so much worse out there because of the lineups we were forced to play. You had Agbaji, Nwora and McDaniels getting minutes at the 4, of course it's going to look like a dumpster fire out there.

Well Barnes is our best player so that's obviously going to happen but Poeltl is a damn role player. Him being out of the lineup shouldn't have a devastating effect. My point was that this team needs a true backup Center behind Poeltl.

I am just saying there is more context to just saying Poeltl was out and the D fell apart. We started the season with Poeltl, Achiuwa, Siakam, Barnes and OG as the guys who were filling in the 4/5 spots. We ended the year with just KO and a bunch of fringe NBA players at those spots. It's hard to judge based off that.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,803

Post#114 » by Pointgod » Sun May 5, 2024 4:51 pm

Los_29 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Scase wrote:I think trading Allen is worse than trading Mobley tbh. If you are gonna make win now moves, you don't move the guy who is objectively better and plays the same position.

Has Jalen Green actually taken a big leap? He had a great stretch without Sengun but I wouldn’t say he’s significantly better than his rookie season. He’s been a disappointment so far.

Fair enough on Green. His raw stats are down from last year but his advanced stats are up. That streak did show that Green can be a guy, don’t know if we’ve seen anything comparable from Mobley who’s been the same player since his rookie season
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#115 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 5:33 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

I am just saying there is more context to just saying Poeltl was out and the D fell apart. We started the season with Poeltl, Achiuwa, Siakam, Barnes and OG as the guys who were filling in the 4/5 spots. We ended the year with just KO and a bunch of fringe NBA players at those spots. It's hard to judge based off that.

No, it's actually very easy to judge if you've been watching the Raptors the past 4 years and haven't noticed how important Center play is for 48 minutes lol.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by PushDaRock » Sun May 5, 2024 5:59 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

No, it's actually very easy to judge if you've been watching the Raptors the past 4 years and haven't noticed how important Center play is for 48 minutes lol.

How important is it? How many teams that have won championships the last 10 years had a Center out there for 48 minutes a game?
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#117 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 5, 2024 6:04 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

How important is it? How many teams that have won championships the last 10 years had a Center out there for 48 minutes a game?

I'm not getting into this with people again. I mentioned back in 2021 how stupid this front office was neglecting Center play and if you still can't figure this our for yourself watching this and many other teams around the league play then it is what it is lol.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by PushDaRock » Sun May 5, 2024 6:06 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

I'm not getting into this with people again. I mentioned back in 2021 how stupid this front office was neglecting Center play and if you still can't figure this our for yourself watching this and many other teams around the league play then it is what it is lol.

I lack the intelligence you do I guess
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#119 » by Scase » Sun May 5, 2024 8:51 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

The FO neglected everything, not just the centre. No backup PG, no players that can shoot in the modern NBA. We didn't get magically tons better with Jak, we got marginally better just having a competent C.
Props TZ!
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,058

Post#120 » by NotMyKawhi » Sun May 5, 2024 9:08 pm

I predict bron to the Cavs for Allen and Straus. Mobley better at center

Ad to the Pelicans, get their pick back and prospects, BI goes to another team for picks and prospects.

AD goes home. Bron goes home. Lakers tank during a great draft. Tons of cap space BC Austin and Allen are great contracts. Tons of prospects for AD and BI. Tons of top free agents in 2025

Great trade for all parties

Return to Toronto Raptors