ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,584

OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season - where will they land? 

Post#1 » by bluerap23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:02 pm

It looks like a lot of big names may be relocating this off-season. I don't expect the raptors to be involved. Possible names on the move:

LeBron
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Darius Garland
Donovan Mitchell
Jarrett Allen
Evan Mobley
Trae Young
Klay Thompson

Which teams do you think would be an ideal fit for one of the above?
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,495

Re: OT: Projecting big name player movement this off-season 

Post#2 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 pm

Might consider adding KAT to this list. I know the Wolves are doing really well but I doubt Minny is willing to pay the tax.
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,568

Post#3 » by TheAlchemist23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 pm

Trae and Ingram are locks to be moved

I'd be happy to add anyone at the right (discounted) price
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,033

Post#4 » by kalel123 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 pm

Wonder if Kevin Durant's going to demand trade again. At what point does he start to become part of the problem?
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,277

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 pm

Sadly we are 2 years away from being 2 years away to be in these type of sweepstakes again.

I'm still holding out hope we can somehow land a young wing with first option potential either through the draft or through a nifty trade.

In masai, we trust watch lol
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,713

Post#6 » by C_Money » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:50 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Might consider adding KAT to this list. I know the Wolves are doing really well but I doubt Minny is willing to pay the tax.

Well apparently it was A-Rod who was unwilling to pay the tax but he missed the deadline to fully buy the team.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#7 » by 2019nbachamps » Wed May 1, 2024 1:11 am

The actual list will probably be much longer than this. A lot of teams are treadmilling and will need to make big moves. The west is a blood bath while there is a huge gap in the east between the Celtics and everyone else. Will be a fun summer.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,058

Post#8 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed May 1, 2024 1:19 am

Evan mobley isn't going anywhere.

I say Embiid. Unless they sign PG, they have no way of getting better. Especially since they gotta pay Maxey.

Id trade Embiid and tank for cooper
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,283

Post#9 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:01 am

Any chance we get Ingram? Would he even fit on this team?
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,776

Post#10 » by MessiahUjiri » Wed May 1, 2024 2:30 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Any chance we get Ingram? Would he even fit on this team?

IMO Pelicans should actually try and trade Zion.

You can get more for him because someone will be fooled by his potential, and in reality Zion is never healthy enough to contribute.

If I were Pels, I’m calling the Hawks.

Zion for Trae
or
Zion for Dejounte+Okongwu+1st

Both teams would come out ahead.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,124

Post#11 » by Zeno » Wed May 1, 2024 2:52 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:Any chance we get Ingram? Would he even fit on this team?

IMO Pelicans should actually try and trade Zion.

You can get more for him because someone will be fooled by his potential, and in reality Zion is never healthy enough to contribute.

If I were Pels, I’m calling the Hawks.

Zion for Trae
or
Zion for Dejounte+Okongwu+1st

Both teams would come out ahead.

Two cheapskate franchises like the Pelicans and Hawks won’t be trading with each other because both are near/in tax and be looking for ways to avoid it in trades.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,124

Post#12 » by Zeno » Wed May 1, 2024 3:02 am

I think there will be a few players no one is expecting on the market due to the 2nd apron. Like if Porzingas can’t come back and they get cold feet about him at his number. They could look to move him for a cheaper more reliable option and get out of the 2nd apron plus make room for Derrick White’s extension. Also MPJ, I still think Nuggets might look to move if they can save some money and add more depth. He was excellent in the 1st round but if they get eliminated somehow, they might use it as an excuse to rid themselves of an injury risk and save money.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,096

Post#13 » by ontnut » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 am

bluerap23 wrote:It looks like a lot of big names may be relocating this off-season. I don't expect the raptors to be involved. Possible names on the move:

LeBron
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Brandon Ingram
Zion Williamson
Darius Garland
Donovan Mitchell
Jarrett Allen
Evan Mobley
Trae Young
Klay Thompson

Which teams do you think would be an ideal fit for one of the above?

Doubt Mobley is on the move.
Draymond and Wiggins will be discussed too. Basically everyone on GS except Steph.
Tobias Harris depending on how "big" of a name you consider him.
Dejounte Murray
Valanciunas and Ingram (and probably Zion) will be discussed, probably CJ too. NO needs to change up.
Middleton?

I think the Lakers are very likely to make a move. They can trade 3 picks and have middling players like Dlo, Reaves, Hachimura etc. they can throw in for salary. The question is what would the ideal missing piece be? A guy like Mitchell or Trae would be intriguing, playing off of Bron. KD to the Lakers would be hilarious, but I can't see that happening, even though the Suns wouldn't balk at getting back 3 picks, since they're kinda F'd.

Cleveland needs to do something too, they're stuck similar to NO.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,844

Post#14 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed May 1, 2024 3:43 am

Definitely Trae Young
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,398

Post#15 » by JB7 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 am

If Durant asks out, do the Suns go all in on the rebuild and trade Booker as well?

And do the Bucks run it back, or might Giannis ask out? And if so, does Dame get dealt as well?
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,486

Post#16 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 1, 2024 4:00 am

Personally I'd be cool with using the pieces that we got for Siakam to get Ingram.

I'm not sure that gets it done (obv need more salary) but I just mean if that would be considered enough for the Pels to move off of him because obviously if they intend on keeping TM Jr they can't all of those guys (thanks to CJ) at once.

Murphy is the one I'd desperately want for our team but I honestly think Pels will look to move on from BI to keep him instead. Of course trading for BI would require basically a handshake deal with Ingram that he will re-sign. Whether it's Ingram or not, another long wing scorer (with decent shooting touch) feels like that's gonna be the final piece to get us back into contention.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,156

Post#17 » by billy_hoyle » Wed May 1, 2024 4:46 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Personally I'd be cool with using the pieces that we got for Siakam to get Ingram.

I'm not sure that gets it done (obv need more salary) but I just mean if that would be considered enough for the Pels to move off of him because obviously if they intend on keeping TM Jr they can't all of those guys (thanks to CJ) at once.

Murphy is the one I'd desperately want for our team but I honestly think Pels will look to move on from BI to keep him instead. Of course trading for BI would require basically a handshake deal with Ingram that he will re-sign. Whether it's Ingram or not, another long wing scorer (with decent shooting touch) feels like that's gonna be the final piece to get us back into contention.

I could see us trading a 6 pick + Bruce and Boucher for Ingram. I could see NO liking that deal too.

IQ - Sears (31)
RJ - Dick - GTJ
BI - Ochai - Nwora
Barnes - Olynyk - FA?
Yak - Ware/Edey (19)
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,611

Post#18 » by Ackshun » Wed May 1, 2024 5:02 am

billy_hoyle wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Personally I'd be cool with using the pieces that we got for Siakam to get Ingram.

I could see us trading a 6 pick + Bruce and Boucher for Ingram. I could see NO liking that deal too.

IQ - Sears (31)
RJ - Dick - GTJ
BI - Ochai - Nwora
Barnes - Olynyk - FA?
Yak - Ware/Edey (19)

Guy is a lock to miss 20-30 games every year. He also just shot 35% in a playoff series. I’d pass mostly for those ankle and knee injuries.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,959

Post#19 » by Merit » Wed May 1, 2024 11:48 am

Ackshun wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:

IQ - Sears (31)
RJ - Dick - GTJ
BI - Ochai - Nwora
Barnes - Olynyk - FA?
Yak - Ware/Edey (19)

Guy is a lock to miss 20-30 games every year. He also just shot 35% in a playoff series. I’d pass mostly for those ankle and knee injuries.

Our FO has one of the best in the game in Alex McKechnie. We need shot creation and scoring. If he comes at a discounted rate, now is the time to take action.
I believe in Masai.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,761

Post#20 » by OakleyDokely » Wed May 1, 2024 11:59 am

I'd probably add:

Randle
Bridges
MPJ
Markanen
Grant

...as possibilities as well.

A number of teams could go in a lot of different directions.

Return to Toronto Raptors