ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: There is a Game Today - Raps@Nets 7:30 EST

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,323

Re: GT: There is a Game Today - Raps@Nets 7:30 EST 

Post#201 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:11 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:Here’s my hot take

I’d take Raptors current situation over Orlando

They will cap out at mid

Ridiculous comment lol. We are hoping to get to Orlando's level while they're just as young as us. There are 2 sides to a basketball court so just looking at offensive stats means very little here.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#202 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:14 am

bape_lovers wrote:wtf are you talking man. There were 5.9 secs after the Claxton goaltend. It was at least 12-13 secs when IQ drove from 1 end to other. Jeez dude

Tor_Raps wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:What you mean man? Thought you hate those 3s that Freddy use to do? It’s nearly way lower percentage to run full court and shoot a 3

There was like 5 seconds left man... you don't have enough time to play the foul game. Gameclock determines what you should be doing.

Regardless, I wanted a loss while IQ and Dick played great so I'm happy lol.

5.9 seconds leaves time for 1 possession with the other team havjng full control whether it'll be a 1 or 2 possession game. Most likely youre down 4 and the game is over, exactly like it played out lol.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,270

Post#203 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:16 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
WetLikeWater wrote:Our bench could seriously run a fashion show cat walk Lool wtf are all those outfits!

Honestly, just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. Most of the crap I see on the benches is disgusting loll.

it's probably expensive though.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,875

Post#204 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:18 am

Tor_Raps wrote:

They will cap out at mid

Ridiculous comment lol. We are hoping to get to Orlando's level while they're just as young as us. There are 2 sides to a basketball court so just looking at offensive stats means very little here.

Ridiculous response lol
RealGM
And1: 66,553

Post#205 » by 720 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:19 am

They will cap out at mid

They’re loaded with young talent idk. Their rotation is so competitive that they have guys like Anthony Black barely getting minutes. On our team Black would legit be like a top 6-7 minutes player. :lol:
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,919

Post#206 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:20 am

We better lock up 6th spot... getting a little too close for my liking
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,270

Post#207 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:23 am

we better thank masai for this excitement we experiencing. If he didnt go for such a lightly protected pick trade we wouldn't care if the pick is 6th or 7th and this tanking season would be boring as hell. Now it's all we talk about. It's like making the playoffs without making the playoffs.
What a mastermind.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,537

Post#208 » by bballsparkin » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:24 am

They will cap out at mid

That's quiet the hot take well done! I like Franz game though so not sure I agree.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#209 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

They will cap out at mid

Ridiculous response lol

If the we had orlandos roster everyone would be on here b.itching about how low our ceiling is. It's the truth im sorry. We had their record two years ago and track the sentiment on here back then
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#210 » by shmoosicle » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:27 am

No more post game threads? Okay well I liked IQ's aggressiveness but in the last few minutes the ball was sticking in his hands too much, would have been nice to see the ball continue to move around.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#211 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 am

720 wrote:

They will cap out at mid

They’re loaded with young talent idk. Their rotation is so competitive that they have guys like Anthony Black barely getting minutes. On our team Black would legit be like a top 6-7 minutes player. :lol:

I don’t think Banchero is him
Franz has seriously plateaued
Suggs is a fantastic role player
Anthony is meh
Carter is average at best and usually injured
Maybe Houston or Howard put it together but I’m not hopeful
Black doesn’t do it for me on that roster

Their saving grace is a lot of cap space this summer. If they hit on major free agent or trade this summer that changes things. But right now, I’m not seeing a winning core growing and developing like in OKC.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,720

Post#212 » by C_Money » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:32 am

Orlando missed on both their lottery picks last year. Anthony Black can’t score a basket to save his life.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#213 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:34 am

sbsat wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Ridiculous response lol

If the we had orlandos roster everyone would be on here b.itching about how low our ceiling is. It's the truth im sorry. We had their record two years ago and track the sentiment on here back then

Dude, they will be one of the youngest teams in the playoffs with control of all of their draft picks. Fred/Siakam/Poeltl are already in their primes so there's a massive difference.

You guys underrate the value of defense. For a young team to be so elite at that end is amazing. Now I don't think they have OKCs type ceiling but that doesn't mean their young guys can't keep taking steps forward.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#214 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:36 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
sbsat wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Ridiculous response lol

Dude, they will be one of the youngest teams in the playoffs with control of all of their draft picks. Fred/Siakam/Poeltl are already in the primes so there's a massive difference.

You guys underrate the value of defense. For a young team to be so elite at that end is amazing. Now I don't think they have OKCs type ceiling but that doesn't mean their young guys can't keep taking steps forward.

I’m not underrating their D

As currently constructed I don’t see them going anywhere.

But they do have a lot of flexibility.

They need to make some changes sooner than later imo, luckily they have the means to do it.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#215 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:39 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Dude, they will be one of the youngest teams in the playoffs with control of all of their draft picks. Fred/Siakam/Poeltl are already in the primes so there's a massive difference.

I’m not underrating their D

As currently constructed I don’t see them going anywhere.

But they do have a lot of flexibility.

They need to make some changes sooner than later imo, luckily they have the means to do it.

Exactly... the worst thing you could do is make a rash move when your team isn't ready for it. Orlando is playing it perfectly at the moment. They will have tons of cap space and can make a massive trade to get that lead guard they're missing at the moment. Playoffs will expose their holes but that's expected for a young team.
GCougar
Bench Warmer
And1: 878

Post#216 » by GCougar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 am

Messy game, but two evenly matched teams, enjoyed it.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,066

Post#217 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 am

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BBQ DICK NEXT SEASON.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
causal_fan
Junior
And1: 338

Post#218 » by causal_fan » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:50 am

Many posters say RJ is best as a 2 rather than 3 and of course many want to see Gradey be the starter next year. So what's your view - Both starting with RJ as a 3 or one of them coming off the bench. I know it probably depends on whom the raptors add at small forward.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,326

Post#219 » by Dalek » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:56 am

I know Garrett Temple is here for veteran leadership but on the clutch the guy lost his damn mind driving the basket at the end of the game. Loads of time on the clock and he went up against the kid who blocked 7 shots.

I really liked Noah Clowney last year and mentioned that he has a ton of defensive potential once he adds weight. He hasn't really changed his body all that much and he looked pretty good.

Not sure what was more impressive, Dick's hot shooting or Clowney blocking the sun.

Dennis is the most petty player in the NBA. You knew after they teased him on that Ochai and-1 he was going to take it personally.

It was a very entertaining bad game.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,643

Post#220 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:59 am

causal_fan wrote:Many posters say RJ is best as a 2 rather than 3 and of course many want to see Gradey be the starter next year. So what's your view - Both starting with RJ as a 3 or one of them coming off the bench. I know it probably depends on whom the raptors add at small forward.

GD doesn't have to start, there's still plenty of opportunity for him.

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors