ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,873

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#61 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:20 pm

mtcan wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Zaccharie Risacher vs Blois
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

I'm seeing him tumble down the draft board as the days go by...

Man I’d like to know what happened there

The drop off makes no sense. Something has to be going on. Injury? Role change? Sulking? Better scouting? Something has to have happened for such a dramatic drop off.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,454

Post#62 » by TimeForChange » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:23 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
mtcan wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Zaccharie Risacher vs Blois
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

I'm seeing him tumble down the draft board as the days go by...

Man I’d like to know what happened there

The drop off makes no sense. Something has to be going on. Injury? Role change? Sulking? Better scouting? Something has to have happened for such a dramatic drop off.

he shoots below 70% from the free throw line. the hot start at shooting three's may have been a fluke.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,156

Post#63 » by billy_hoyle » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:07 am

Badonkadonk wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:Castle is going to go too high. Not enough skill or productivity to warrant a top 10 pick for me. 11-20 range, sure.

Holland is someone that I see being undervalued because the Ignite has been a failure. I'd be happy with Sheppard, Dillingham or Holland with #6.

The Castle discourse reminds me of Cason Wallace last year. I'd be ecstatic if the Raps somehow got him. A 6'6" guard who can comfortably defend 1 through 4 (maybe 1 - 3 in the NBA), allows sub-40% near the rim, fast enough to switch on the perimeter comfortably AND can actually handle like a guard? Darko would love this guy in the rotation, nice complement to IQ.

Cason can shoot. I don't see the comp tbh.

Not that i dislike Castle, I just think he needs to shoot better. I've seen people improve that aspect, so he might a nice ceilinged prospect.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 223

Post#64 » by RoteSchroder » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:07 am

billy_hoyle wrote:
RoteSchroder wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:Is Castle the new MKG?

I suggest you look up MKG’s shooting form

I'm aware.

Both guys that had obvious questions about their shot (and rated as fringe lottery picks most of the year). Used monster tournament runs to show 'winning attributes'. Both backed up by obvious defensive beast big men (AD vs Clingan). Move all the way into the top 2-3 pick consideration. I find the parallels interesting.

Conversely, sometimes the tournament shows you who a player truely is (Dwade).

MKG actually had a couple decent seasons and was still a good defender in the NBA. I feel like MKG had even better size and length than Castle. The main problem was ultimately his lack of a jumper due to that atrocious shooting form.

Don't remember MKG's on-ball O that well, but it seems to me that Castle has an offensive bag of moves along with some passing skills, which I don't think MKG had.

Style wise, a lot of people also compare his game to Wade, but he seems a closer to a Jimmy Butler archetype.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 223

Post#65 » by RoteSchroder » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:16 am

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
RoteSchroder wrote:
Morse Code wrote:I don't get the Salaun hype. What's the draw behind him?

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM Forums mobile app

He’s 6’9 and lanky.

A lot of people are putting a ton of emphasis into body type over talent.

Which is why I won’t be surprised if Reed Sheppard is a sleeper steal given the narrative around him. All the numbers say he’s a high level talent

follow Reed's defense here:

Would need to watch more game tape, but do his stocks come from gambling? Cause his POA defense throughout this game was awful.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,675

Post#66 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:39 am

RoteSchroder wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
RoteSchroder wrote:
He’s 6’9 and lanky.

Which is why I won’t be surprised if Reed Sheppard is a sleeper steal given the narrative around him. All the numbers say he’s a high level talent

Would need to watch more game tape, but do his stocks come from gambling? Cause his POA defense throughout this game was awful.

Yeah that on ball defense was terrible. Just gave up if the guy made any move towards the basket

He did have like 2 possessions where he stopped the ball so I think it might be more an effort thing over ability.

All the pullup 3s he made looked Devin Booker like though
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#67 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:46 am

Damn I never took in how much of a sniper Sheppard is, 50+% from 3 on the season is nuts and his form looks impeccable. If he gets any sort of dribble package he's gonna be elite offensively

If the Spurs take him they're gonna go crazy next year with his shooting and Wemby's gravity rolling to the rim
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#68 » by Ell Curry » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:12 am

RoteSchroder wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
RoteSchroder wrote:
He’s 6’9 and lanky.

This isn't that helpful, but the 5 or 6 Kentucky halves I saw, Sheppard's POA defence didn't stand out as horrible, but yes absolutely his steals and blocks come from fairly wild gambles positionally and having strong hands.
Where's the D?
redraptor77
Sophomore
And1: 217

Post#69 » by redraptor77 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:14 am

I am not seeing a clear cut star. However there are interesting players. If we can move up I would be curious to see if there is a youngish star a team would be willing to move off of. Perhaps Markanen or would pelicans be willing to move off both Murphy and Jones ? If we keep it I like Sarr, Clingan. Castle seems like a nice fit for us.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,699

Post#70 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:14 am

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Damn I never took in how much of a sniper Sheppard is, 50+% from 3 on the season is nuts and his form looks impeccable. If he gets any sort of dribble package he's gonna be elite offensively

If the Spurs take him they're gonna go crazy next year with his shooting and Wemby's gravity rolling to the rim

Reed has a BPM of 11.4 off the bench. That's insane. He does more on offense and defense to over-shadow his below average POA ability and layup package.

IQ and Reed could be a Lillad / McCollum duo. Is Scottie, Barrett and Dick enough to catapult this team into an elite offensive team?

I'm good letting JFL, Bruce Brown and Temple go. McDaniels should not play ever again after this season.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,283

Post#71 » by Raptorfan2012 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:21 am

Reed is too small IMO; how many semi-athletic shooters that shorter than 6’3 have actually been successful in the NBA?
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,421

Post#72 » by PushDaRock » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:26 am

billy_hoyle wrote:Is Castle the new MKG?

Castle's jumper does not look broken at all, form looks fine just needs to be more consistent.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#73 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:27 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Reed is too small IMO; how many semi-athletic shooters that shorter than 6’3 have actually been successful in the NBA?

He's listed at 6'3 but is that with shoe? If that's without shoes that would be okay.

CJ McCollum with more steals would be a nice comp. McCollum was pretty much an under-sized SG (his college A/T was barely over 1) playing with Lillard. Moving to New Orleans in his prime he was able to up his A/T to over 2 like a combo guard. I'd think that Reed would already come in as a combo guard
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,421

Post#74 » by PushDaRock » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:27 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Reed is too small IMO; how many semi-athletic shooters that shorter than 6’3 have actually been successful in the NBA?

FVV :wink:
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,803

Post#75 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:27 am

They’re a dying breed. I like Reed but I’m unsure I can justify him in the top 10. I’d rather take a guy like Kolek, Carter, or Simpson at a later pick.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#76 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:31 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:

They’re a dying breed. I like Reed but I’m unsure I can justify him in the top 10. I’d rather take a guy like Kolek, Carter, or Simpson at a later pick.

For the Spurs specifically it would work. Wemby can cover his defensive shortcomings

For us maybe not. Maybe if we get Sarr and trade up into another top 10 pick
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:32 am

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

For the Spurs specifically it would work. Wemby can cover his defensive shortcomings

For us maybe not. Maybe if we get Sarr and trade up into another top 10 pick

Agreed. Having a defensive cheat code will cure a lot of their issues.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#78 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:35 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:

Take them both! Reed, Tristan DaSilva and Kolek/Simpson?

I don't see how Utah can pass up Kolek at #27 with the OKC 1st pick.

PG IQ - Simpson/Reed
SG Dick - Reed - Agbaji
SF Barrett - DaSilva - Agbaji
PF Barnes - Barrett/Olynyk - DaSilva
C Poeltl - Olynyk - MoG/FA?
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:37 am

Psubs wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

PG IQ - Simpson/Reed
SG Dick - Reed - Barrett
PF Barnes - Olynyk - DaSilva
C Poeltl - Olynyk - FA Min

I guess it will depend on who’s available. But taking 2 point guards with IQ already here would be tough for me because even if they’re the BPA they won’t be able to prove anything until they’re on another roster.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#80 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:41 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Psubs wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:They’re a dying breed. I like Reed but I’m unsure I can justify him in the top 10. I’d rather take a guy like Kolek, Carter, or Simpson at a later pick.

PG IQ - Simpson/Reed
SG Dick - Reed - Barrett
PF Barnes - Olynyk - DaSilva
C Poeltl - Olynyk - FA Min

I guess it will depend on who’s available. But taking 2 point guards with IQ already here would be tough for me because even if they’re the BPA they won’t be able to prove anything until they’re on another roster.

IQ looks the part of a Tyrese Maxey level allstar that might not be quite as clutch. Have Reed, Simpson, DaSilva, can see who can translate the shooting to the NBA over 40%. Then the team would at least rise up like Sacramento and OKC.

I suppose could accelerate the process by trading for Donovan Mitchell?

I know that IQ just got 13 assists tonight but Reed's passing ability is on Scottie's level.

Return to Toronto Raptors