ImageImageImageImageImage

Did we give up on Flynn too soon?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,013

Re: Did we give up on Flynn too soon? 

Post#101 » by mieshpal » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:09 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Pro-Am Flynn finally showing up in the association! lmfao

Very happy for dude, hopefully that helps him get a 2nd contract somewhere. Still think he could be a star in Europe at the very least which isn't too bad a fallback plan.

I think he does well in Europe where undersized scoring guards are much more valuable. He has above average skill level in the NBA but not the size or athleticism to go with that. At his size, you need to be elite at something to thrive.
This is my belief as well. Kind of like Pangos. Really good players, but the NBA is a different level

Sent from my Pixel 8 using RealGM mobile app
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,509

Post#102 » by Scase » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:13 pm

And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter

My lord, he's more delusional than some of the posters here.
Props TZ!
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,510

Post#103 » by dagger » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:17 pm

gbball wrote:I always felt like if you let Flynn miss nine or ten straight shots and let him keep shooting, he might hit the next 10 in a row. Let's see if this changes how they use him in Detroit.

Before last night, Flynn was on a long list of the guys Pistons blogger @PistonPowered wanted shipped out as soon as the season is over. Was doing nothing to justify bringing him back, and nothing has changed for @PistonPowered and many Detroit fans. This is an anomaly, a nothing game against a truly bad defensive team. Some fans are worried that this will sway an incompetent Detroit management to bring Flynn back.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,826

Post#104 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:23 pm

Malachi Flynn and Delano Banton are the Raps backcourt of the future. The light drizzle brothers.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Post#105 » by Blazing_royale » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:29 pm

lol can't believe he agreed with the guy saying he didn't get a fair chance in Toronto? Dang he had 4 years here, thats plenty of opportunity that he didnt maximize during his time here.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,018

Post#106 » by MEDIC » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:35 pm

I'm not really surprised Flynn was able to do this. The kid could always shoot & had a decent handle.

Now, is this reflective of who he is or who he can become? Not at all. He had a really good game. Much like Charlie V did back in the day.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,425

Post#107 » by PushDaRock » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:45 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:lol can't believe he agreed with the guy saying he didn't get a fair chance in Toronto? Dang he had 4 years here, thats plenty of opportunity that he didnt maximize during his time here.

I mean what's the player really supposed to say to that though? "I was given ample opportunity but I sucked and didn't deserve to play"? You need to have irrational confidence to some degree to even make it to the NBA.

He even mentioned it was more so about showing to himself what he was capable of than to the Raptors and Knicks.
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#108 » by kieferli » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:54 pm

Lol
Credit:Clutch0z24
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Post#109 » by Blazing_royale » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:10 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Blazing_royale wrote:lol can't believe he agreed with the guy saying he didn't get a fair chance in Toronto? Dang he had 4 years here, thats plenty of opportunity that he didnt maximize during his time here.

I mean what's the player really supposed to say to that though? "I was given ample opportunity but I sucked and didn't deserve to play"? You need to have irrational confidence to some degree to even make it to the NBA.

He even mentioned it was more so about showing to himself what he was capable of than to the Raptors and Knicks.

He should have said he was thankful or appreciate the opportunity with the Raptors to grow his game to what it is today.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,671

Post#110 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:25 pm

Peak garbage season moment right here
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,955

Post#111 » by TheGeneral99 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:42 pm

Scase wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seriously, what do you expect him to say?

Of course he's going to want to prove to the teams that cut him that he's a good NBA player and they made a mistake. Of course he's going to believe himself and act confident...who wouldn't in that position? He's fighting for his career in the best league in the world and possibly a contract that will secure himself and his family for life.

Are you expecting him to say "to be honest, I'm actually not that good and am probably a fringe NBA player at best who won't be in the league much longer"?
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by PushDaRock » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:51 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

He should have said he was thankful or appreciate the opportunity with the Raptors to grow his game to what it is today.

lol guess you want the PC answer for everything
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,003

Post#113 » by NinjaBro » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:17 pm

Blazing_royale wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

He could say that but it would be a load of crap. I appreciate the honest answer.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,143

Post#114 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:20 pm

Come on, Masai fired a NBA championship coach so Flynn can get more playing time
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,323

Post#115 » by brownbobcat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:24 pm

NinjaBro wrote:
Blazing_royale wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

He could say that but it would be a load of crap. I appreciate the honest answer.

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson

Mehh, you have to have an incredible amount of delusional confidence to even make it this far as a normal-sized human being.

The man scored 50, he gets to talk
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#116 » by HangTime » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:56 pm

Darko's coaching is showing.

Imagine him with better talent next season.
raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#117 » by raptoradical » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:18 pm

Ohhhh50 in a game?!?! Yeah I always knew about him, he’s definitely gonna have a long NBA career now!
Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,509

Post#118 » by Scase » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:54 pm

TheGeneral99 wrote:
Scase wrote:
And1Skip wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course he's going to want to prove to the teams that cut him that he's a good NBA player and they made a mistake. Of course he's going to believe himself and act confident...who wouldn't in that position? He's fighting for his career in the best league in the world and possibly a contract that will secure himself and his family for life.

Are you expecting him to say "to be honest, I'm actually not that good and am probably a fringe NBA player at best who won't be in the league much longer"?

There is a pretty big gap between, "Yeah this is a bit to stick it to them" and "No I'm the worst player in history, I'm shocked I scored even once."

Could be an easy, "No I'm thankful for the Raptors drafting me and getting me into the league, this just shows I belong".
Props TZ!
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant

Post#119 » by PushDaRock » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:30 am

Scase wrote:
TheGeneral99 wrote:
Scase wrote:My lord, he's more delusional than some of the posters here.

There is a pretty big gap between, "Yeah this is a bit to stick it to them" and "No I'm the worst player in history, I'm shocked I scored even once."

Could be an easy, "No I'm thankful for the Raptors drafting me and getting me into the league, this just shows I belong".

Why does he have to feel that way? He's not entitled to feeling like we made a mistake in letting him go?

I mean sure if you want the PC answer, he could have said that but these are professional athletes and all of them have egos.
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,304

Post#120 » by gbball » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:31 am

HangTime wrote:Darko's coaching is showing.

Imagine him with better talent next season.

There was a stat this year that surprised me and didn't surprise me. It was when he played like 9 games in a row for the first time in his career under Darko.

For those who've said he's had a chance here, especially under Nurse...that stat should tell you he didn't.

This game was probably a blip, but after watching, it wasn't like we went crazy from 3 or anything, everything just came in the flow of the game and he mostly took what the defense gave him. The main difference was he was taking and hitting his midrange pullups off the screen and roll and he got to the line more than usual. He was just playing and Detroit had no one else who could score reliably, so Monty let him keep going with a green light. He wasn't even hogging it, his teammates just sucked. I don't think he's the type to commandeer a team to showcase himself like Fred did, so a game like this was a result of the stars aligning where he was free to look for his offense, he was feeling comfortable game wise and the team he played wasn't doing a good job defensively.

But it was refreshing to see him just go out there and play ball, not trying to prove anything. Atlanta's defense also sucks, which helps.

I said before that him never scoring more than 30 here after going for multiple 20+ point games in his rookie year was an indictment on Nurse. He's a potential microwave scorer who was told not to shoot, not to shoot runners or mid-range shots, to play off-ball, not to use screens. He just couldn't play freely here, and by the time Darko arrived, the damage was done.

Also, him having playing with Lowry, Fred, Schroeder, Brunson, and Cade and for different coaches probably doesn't hurt his development. I hope he sticks somewhere. I would even bring him back.

I'm just glad Nurse is gone. I can only imagine what he would've done to Gradey's career after some early struggles.

Return to Toronto Raptors