ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Pick Tracking (Update: #19 officially)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,139

Re: Pacers Pick Tracking 

Post#81 » by DelAbbot » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:40 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
traps#10 wrote:Pacers saved their real trade assets for a big move…

They're going to be paying Hali and Siakam 80 million next year. Not sure if they can even add another huge contract.

Due to the new cap rules, most teams are only going to have 2 max deals going forward.

I think the fact they held onto most of their assets, settling for Siakam instead of going for Lauri, means they will package said assets for another star. Otherwise not enough mins to go around
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,772

Post#82 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:46 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
traps#10 wrote:Pacers saved their real trade assets for a big move…

They're going to be paying Hali and Siakam 80 million next year. Not sure if they can even add another huge contract.

Due to the new cap rules, most teams are only going to have 2 max deals going forward.

I think the fact they held onto most of their assets, settling for Siakam instead of going for Lauri, means they will package said assets for another star. Otherwise not enough mins to go around

It could also mean they need cheap contracts to surround two max players who they will be paying a lot of money to over the next 3-4 years.

Bobby Marks was on a pod the other day and he said the new norm will be two max contracts with your next highest contract in the 25-30 range, unless you want to be a big tax team, which IND won't be.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#83 » by alpngso » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Best case scenario would be IND pick ending up in 15-20, OKC pick ending up in top 25.
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#84 » by traps#10 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:22 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

It could also mean they need cheap contracts to surround two max players who they will be paying a lot of money to over the next 3-4 years.

Bobby Marks was on a pod the other day and he said the new norm will be two max contracts with your next highest contract in the 25-30 range, unless you want to be a big tax team, which IND won't be.

Not sure how far IND will get with Siakam as their only max with Hali and their current core. Maybe second round at best?
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#85 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:23 pm

Current picks are (before lottery/coin flips):

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,807

Post#86 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:25 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Current picks are (before lottery/coin flips):

If we could move up with the Yak pick, this is the type of draft that can fast-track a rebuild.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,034

Post#87 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:27 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

If we could move up with the Yak pick, this is the type of draft that can fast-track a rebuild.

As much as I don't value mid 1sts as much as others do...it would be fun to finally have a draft where we have multiple firsts / early 2nds again.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#88 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:38 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

As much as I don't value mid 1sts as much as others do...it would be fun to finally have a draft where we have multiple firsts / early 2nds again.

If they end up keeping their pick, they probably trade 1 or 2 of those late picks for future picks. It would be hard to develop 4 rookies at one time and you might want to diversify and split up your picks into different draft years anyways.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,715

Post#89 » by DG88 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:39 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Been waiting for a moment like this. So many drafts where we've had 1 pick or just the FRP and SRP. Made the draft kinda dry for the Raptors.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#90 » by KL78192020 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:22 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

If they end up keeping their pick, they probably trade 1 or 2 of those late picks for future picks. It would be hard to develop 4 rookies at one time and you might want to diversify and split up your picks into different draft years anyways.

It depends, it could be an over-seas guy or someone who is bigger project that's in the g-league.

FVV/Poelt/Siakam were all the same draft year 2016. OG a year after and Norm a year before. So they were developing 5 guys around a very similar timeline.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#91 » by KL78192020 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:24 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:
Coco Costanza wrote:
The next few Pacers games look tough

Suns (tonight) L
Nuggets L
Sixers L
Suns L
Grizz W
Celtics L
Knicks L
Kings L

If Haliburton is out for a minute our pick could get really interesting.

didn't he play against Portland?
I don't think they are going to fall too far. The only teams behind them are the Magic and the Mediocre Foursome (Hawks, Bulls, Nets and Raptors). Maybe the Magic overtake them but that's really about it.

yea Hali will be back against denver, it was just one game. But their schedule is still pretty tough.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,279

Post#92 » by Raptors_128 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:25 pm

Well I hope the Pacers suck and Siakam walks
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,699

Post#93 » by Psubs » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:33 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Well I hope the Pacers suck and Siakam walks

I hope the Pacers suck but Siakam is re-signed for Max! :D
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#94 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:33 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

future picks is one direction we could take. But I think if we retain our own pick, a trade for a young player we really like is more likely. Some teams will decide to be sellers in the offseason for financial reasons, and we are in prime position to make competitive offers when those opportunities arise (assuming we don't kill our flexibility at the deadline).
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#95 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:37 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

future picks is one direction we could take. But I think if we retain our own pick, a trade for a young player we really like is more likely. Some teams will decide to be sellers in the offseason for financial reasons, and we are in prime position to make competitive offers when those opportunities arise (assuming we don't kill our flexibility at the deadline).

ya, the Raps are in a good spot in terms of draft picks and cap space to make a move on a young guy a team may need to trade for cap purposes.
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#96 » by sbsat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:20 pm

KL78192020 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:
If Haliburton is out for a minute our pick could get really interesting.

didn't he play against Portland?
I don't think they are going to fall too far. The only teams behind them are the Magic and the Mediocre Foursome (Hawks, Bulls, Nets and Raptors). Maybe the Magic overtake them but that's really about it.

yea Hali will be back against denver, it was just one game. But their schedule is still pretty tough.

they could easily beat the knicks and kings. They can win on any night with Hali
CoinTossRoss31
Rookie
And1: 1,260

Post#97 » by CoinTossRoss31 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:22 pm

alpngso wrote:Best case scenario would be IND pick ending up in 15-20, OKC pick ending up in top 25.

Best case scenario is Haliburton goes down and Toronto gets a late lottery 8-12 pick lol
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,163

Post#98 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Thorpe likes the new-look Pacers, understandably so. So really for where this pick ends up it's all about whether Hali can play out the season with his hammy issue or not.

He notes at the end of this clip - before he starts gushing about Walker :banghead: - that Mathurin just had two horrible games,and the Pacers might trade him for a late first this season. Should we be in on that? Is there a chance that Mathurin was disappointed he didn't go to Toronto in the Siakam trade?
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,873

Post#99 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:47 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Thorpe likes the new-look Pacers, understandably so. So really for where this pick ends up it's all about whether Hali can play out the season with his hammy issue or not.

He notes at the end of this clip - before he starts gushing about Walker :banghead: - that Mathurin just had two horrible games,and the Pacers might trade him for a late first this season. Should we be in on that? Is there a chance that Mathurin was disappointed he didn't go to Toronto in the Siakam trade?

I would stay very far away from Mathurin
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Post#100 » by sbsat » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 pm

the Pacers young assets look very "ok". Nothing special.. am i missing something?

Return to Toronto Raptors