ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelley new MLSE boss, could be good for teams

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Re: Pelley new MLSE boss, could be good for teams 

Post#81 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:15 am

Tannenbaum has really been the only force connecting with the various execs with each franchise while running interference for them with Bell and Rogers. When he goes (2026) and we are left with just Bell and Rogers as owners, Pelley will have marching orders to maximize profit, nothing else.
If there's one thing that both Bell and Rogers have figured out from their various business units, it's that they don't have to excel at anything or improve anything to turn record profits. They honestly don't even care how they are percieved by the public - see their layoffs announcements, etc. And no matter what Pelley may want, Bell and Rogers hold the purse strings and they are chomping at the bit to get Larry out of the way. While both enjoy having media rights over the various franshises, I honestly believe they see MLSE as much more of a real estate and intellectual property play.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 31,013

Post#82 » by MavCarter » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:00 pm

Why would you interview all 3 executives together? Outside of the main goal of winning they all have unique challenges and different circumstances. The Raptors are in a rebuild and the leafs are trying to win now. Masai and shanny can twiddle their thumb while tfc guy talks about their budget for the next 5 years
#Enjoytheride
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,005

Post#83 » by anotherhomer » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:09 pm

don't underestimate that there's a team opening in Las Vegas potentially in 2026, that Ujiri could join
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,568

Post#84 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:38 pm

MavCarter wrote:Why would you interview all 3 executives together? Outside of the main goal of winning they all have unique challenges and different circumstances. The Raptors are in a rebuild and the leafs are trying to win now. Masai and shanny can twiddle their thumb while tfc guy talks about their budget for the next 5 years

It was the ownership blocks (Bell/Rogers/Larry) that did separate interviews. If they didn't do follow up interviews as the entire board, that just confirms the divide in MLSE
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#85 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:01 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
MavCarter wrote:Why would you interview all 3 executives together? Outside of the main goal of winning they all have unique challenges and different circumstances. The Raptors are in a rebuild and the leafs are trying to win now. Masai and shanny can twiddle their thumb while tfc guy talks about their budget for the next 5 years

It was the ownership blocks (Bell/Rogers/Larry) that did separate interviews. If they didn't do follow up interviews as the entire board, that just confirms the divide in MLSE

I thought the poster meant an upcoming round table media interview that Pelley mentioned, with the execs of the different teams.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#86 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:03 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

I thought the poster meant an upcoming round table media interview that Pelley mentioned, with the execs of the different teams.

When/where did he mention that?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#87 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:35 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:

A post on page 4 of this thread by Badabonk mentions a "Town Hall" meeting of Masai, Bobby, Shanahan, Pinball and others at Realsports. Maybe I misinterpreted it, maybe just a meeting not a media conference.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#88 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:33 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

A post on page 4 of this thread by Badabonk mentions a "Town Hall" meeting of Masai, Bobby, Shanahan, Pinball and others at Realsports. Maybe I misinterpreted it, maybe just a meeting not a media conference.

That was just a gathering of the execs once Pelley got the job. I'm talking about the interview process when MLSE / Pelley got together to chat
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,762

Post#90 » by Badonkadonk » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:40 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/keith-pelley-on-his-new-role-as-president-ceo-of-mlse/id1518820915?i=1000653226240

Thanks for posting, I forget to check out Bob's podcasts.

Hate to say it but his health issues really come across in his voice. Hope he's ok.

I guess I shouldn't expect him to spar with guests as much anymore, but was a little disappointed that the interview with Bob/John and Pelley was a love-fest. Doesn't help that John also worked for MLSE, the convo was set up for nostalgia.

Return to Toronto Raptors