ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Masai Tank 4 Flagg?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Cooper Flagg Sweeptakes 2025

Tank 4 Flagg (& other top talents)
60%
Don't tank and pray Masai finds a gem in the teens-20s
13%
Push for the play-in, baby.
27%

Total votes: 134

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Re: Will Masai Tank 4 Flagg? 

Post#41 » by Vampirate » Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 pm

It took the most hilarious amount of bad luck for us to even get this bad and start really tanking in the 2nd half of the season, I don't know if that amount of bad luck will happen again.

The other factor is Barnes himself, if he takes another step in his development, it's going to be increasingly hard to be a .300 team.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,840

Post#42 » by Raps in 4 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 pm

He absolutely will not. Our only chance at a high pick is if injuries take out our core players, which I do not want to see.
vobot
Senior
And1: 624

Post#43 » by vobot » Sun May 12, 2024 9:00 pm

It will be push for play in and developing winning culture blah blah blah. We will find ourselves just outside play-in, typical raptors.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,083

Post#44 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Even if we try to be good next year it WON'T happen lol....Scottie/IQ/Barrett not a winning team in the NBA just yet....Coach sucks...We have no real way to improve this team in the offseason...We will be a young bad team next year....

We had OG/Siakam for half the year last season ...That added about 10-15 wins to the team we had...Once we made them trades we were on pace as the Pistons/Spurs/Hornets level of bad....

We will be going for a top pick next year believe that...Ace Bailey i think is the target for Masai..

As for the people saying we should try to win next year cause the Hawks got the 1st pick....Just lol...As long as we are in the top 3 next year we will be fine....Hopefully top 2...If you hit top 2 next year and can pick between Cooper/Bailey...Thats franchise changing stuff...
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 593

Post#45 » by SpezNc » Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 pm

I Hope Masai will Tank (still unsure he would do) but even if he wants to tank, I don’t think that Ed Rogers will allowed it !
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,310

Post#46 » by Kordic27 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:Screw the NBA, I'm done w this league

It does sort of feel like it’d be a good time to take 4 years off. This team’ll be just awful for a while.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,145

Post#47 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 pm

Bro it's about time, we entered the sweepstakes for a generational talent.

Flagg is gonna be special, but even the 'consolation' prizes in this draft have superstar potential.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#48 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 12, 2024 9:11 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:He absolutely will not. Our only chance at a high pick is if injuries take out our core players, which I do not want to see.

All we gotta do is trade Poeltl.

We ain't winning many games without a reliable center, no matter how good BBQ-Dick is.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,785

Post#49 » by Badonkadonk » Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Bro it's about time, we entered the sweepstakes for a generational talent.

Flagg is gonna be special, but even the 'consolation' prizes in this draft have superstar potential.

Lay it out. What's your plan to 25 wins?
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#50 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Bro it's about time, we entered the sweepstakes for a generational talent.

Hawks just won the lottery with the 10th best odds. They won 36 games.
Rockets just jumped into the top 3 despite winning 41 games in a tough western conference last year.

You don't have to be a bottom 5 team to be considered a part of the sweepstakes.
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#51 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 pm

Public_Enemy101 wrote:We’re not THAT bad to end up with Cooper. This team when healthy is at least good enough to make into the playoffs.

I’m usually tWo but I feel this team has some great core pieces that would negate a tank. Love Quickley and RJ’s attitude and playstyle. Barnes will hopefully keep maturing and Gradey is a good shooter.

We just need a better C. Maybe a few more reliable sharpshooters and I can see us making a run.

When Siakam/OG got traded we were one of the worst teams in the NBA....When healthy we are not good enough to make the playoffs....We would be good enough to maybe get 15-20 wins at most....Outside of IQ/Barnes/Barrett the team is very limited with talent....I also suspect Bruce Brown/Poeltl/Boucher To all be gone in the offseason...That means Kelly would be the only real vet on the team....Young teams with no real vet depth or depth in general do not tend to do well in the NBA as a winning team...

We will be just as bad if not worse next year.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,785

Post#52 » by Badonkadonk » Sun May 12, 2024 9:22 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:

Rockets just jumped into the top 3 despite winning 41 games in a tough western conference last year.

You don't have to be a bottom 5 team to be considered a part of the sweepstakes.

So since ppl are expecting to be a play-in team anyway, the idea here is to do nothing and hope for Hawks-like odds? (3%).
Public_Enemy101
Pro Prospect
And1: 950

Post#53 » by Public_Enemy101 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:26 pm

Clutch0z24 wrote:
Public_Enemy101 wrote:We’re not THAT bad to end up with Cooper. This team when healthy is at least good enough to make into the playoffs.

I’m usually tWo but I feel this team has some great core pieces that would negate a tank. Love Quickley and RJ’s attitude and playstyle. Barnes will hopefully keep maturing and Gradey is a good shooter.

We just need a better C. Maybe a few more reliable sharpshooters and I can see us making a run.

When Siakam/OG got traded we were one of the worst teams in the NBA....When healthy we are not good enough to make the playoffs....We would be good enough to maybe get 15-20 wins at most....Outside of IQ/Barnes/Barrett the team is very limited with talent....I also suspect Bruce Brown/Poeltl/Boucher To all be gone in the offseason...That means Kelly would be the only real vet on the team....Young teams with no real vet depth or depth in general does not tend to do well in the NBA as a winning team...

You need to give this core at least a full year together to get a better idea of where we stand. This whole season has been players coming and going so it’s impossible for the team to play consistently or build any momentum.
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#54 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:32 pm

Public_Enemy101 wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:

When Siakam/OG got traded we were one of the worst teams in the NBA....When healthy we are not good enough to make the playoffs....We would be good enough to maybe get 15-20 wins at most....Outside of IQ/Barnes/Barrett the team is very limited with talent....I also suspect Bruce Brown/Poeltl/Boucher To all be gone in the offseason...That means Kelly would be the only real vet on the team....Young teams with no real vet depth or depth in general does not tend to do well in the NBA as a winning team...

You need to give this core at least a full year together to get a better idea of where we stand. This whole season has been players coming and going so it’s impossible for the team to play consistently or build any momentum.

Yeah but just look at the roster...

Now imagine Bruce/Jakob/Boucher all gone (Most likely in the offseason) for more young/draft picks type players...Your running with a very very young team with a very inexperienced and young coach....These kind of teams tend to not translate to Wins in the NBA...

Scottie/IQ/Barrett may all be good to great players next year but that is not enough to translate to Wins....And we are not adding any players in the offseason to change that...We will have a couple draft picks come in and maybe future picks + young players coming in with trades for our vets...
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 593

Post#55 » by SpezNc » Sun May 12, 2024 9:33 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:Considering Masai tanked in 23/24 for the Spurs, you would think he'll tank in 24/25.......right?

Wrong. Masai will gaslight you. He'll say tanking creates a losing culture, he will push for the play-in but we'll finish 11th

Tanking does create a losing culture when not careful .

I am still Team Tank but how it’s done is important .
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#56 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 pm

SpezNc wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:Considering Masai tanked in 23/24 for the Spurs, you would think he'll tank in 24/25.......right?

Wrong. Masai will gaslight you. He'll say tanking creates a losing culture, he will push for the play-in but we'll finish 11th

Tanking does create a losing culture when not careful .

I am still Team Tank but how it’s done is important .

Its not about tanking year to year and just being bad....We have a solid foundation to build on with 4 young good prospects in Barnes/IQ/Barrett/Dick already....The tank is just smart right now because we have zero ways of improving on this team with free agency/Trades cause we lack assets atm and we lack the ability to attract stars in free agency...

So when you are out of options on all fronts the draft is the best and only way the Raptors ever got top end star players...

We just need that one star/superstar to pair with the 4 young guys we have and our franchise is changed just like that....Ace/Flagg would be 2 players that would change the trajectory of the franchise...So at least go for it...Victor would have also been that player but Masai F'd that up by going for trades to make the play in...Look how bad that backfired on us.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,374

Post#57 » by YogurtProducer » Sun May 12, 2024 9:43 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:Lay it out. What's your plan to 25 wins?

So since ppl are expecting to be a play-in team anyway, the idea here is to do nothing and hope for Hawks-like odds? (3%).

Opposed to being horrible and having 14% odds?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#58 » by mdenny » Sun May 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Clutch0z24 wrote:Even if we try to be good next year it WON'T happen lol....Scottie/IQ/Barrett not a winning team in the NBA just yet....Coach sucks...We have no real way to improve this team in the offseason...We will be a young bad team next year....

We had OG/Siakam for half the year last season ...That added about 10-15 wins to the team we had...Once we made them trades we were on pace as the Pistons/Spurs/Hornets level of bad....

We will be going for a top pick next year believe that...Ace Bailey i think is the target for Masai..

As for the people saying we should try to win next year cause the Hawks got the 1st pick....Just lol...As long as we are in the top 3 next year we will be fine....Hopefully top 2...If you hit top 2 next year and can pick between Cooper/Bailey...Thats franchise changing stuff...

Even if we came in dead last.....(which is highly unlikely)....we would still only have a 25% chance of getting a top 2 pick. We'd have a 50% chance of dropping to 5.

The flattened odds changed everything.
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#59 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:53 pm

mdenny wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:Even if we try to be good next year it WON'T happen lol....Scottie/IQ/Barrett not a winning team in the NBA just yet....Coach sucks...We have no real way to improve this team in the offseason...We will be a young bad team next year....

Even if we came in dead last.....(which is highly unlikely)....we would still only have a 25% chance of getting a top 2 pick. We'd have a 50% chance of dropping to 5.

The flattened odds changed everything.

Yeah but you still have to give yourself that chance cause we are out of options anyways...We lost our draft pick to the Spurs so we lost a trade asset and also lost the ability to pick a player who could have been good for us this year....We are not signing any game changing players in free agency, IQ/Barrett/Barnes are not winning you many games without a deep supporting cast or the right players around them...

The roster as a whole is very bare bones with talent or high end NBA level talent...We will just not be good next year and even if we don't luck out and win the lottery next years draft is riddled with talent as long as we are in that top 5 range im fine...But obviously Ace/Flagg is the goal
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Post#60 » by S.W.A.N » Sun May 12, 2024 10:03 pm

No chance we tank. Injuries were the only reason we did this year.

That said, we can go younger... Trade Brown, don't resign Gary Trent. That would likely put us into the Hawks/Houston category as mentioned earlier of teams that move up due to the flatter lottery odds.
We the North

Return to Toronto Raptors