ImageImageImageImageImage

Will Masai Tank 4 Flagg?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Cooper Flagg Sweeptakes 2025

Tank 4 Flagg (& other top talents)
60%
Don't tank and pray Masai finds a gem in the teens-20s
13%
Push for the play-in, baby.
27%

Total votes: 134

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,936

Re: Will Masai Tank 4 Flagg? 

Post#341 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu May 16, 2024 7:52 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Gavin_TDThree wrote:if there's a time to soft tank this is it

I said it in another thread, however if we move BB and JP for pick/prospects, we will end up in the bottom 5-7 of the league. Little lottery luck and we will be drafting in the top 3 and grabbing a franchise altering talent to pair with scottie

We aren't going full "trust the process" and stripping it to the bones. But a starting lineup of IQ, RJ, GD, SB, 2024 1st round pick. That team is fun to watch but doesn't win a lot, at least not yet.

Teams that will be worse than us:

Wizards, enough said
Portland
Hornets - who knows, maybe miller is legit, Ball is healthy and they win a few more game. Most likely still worse than us

Teams that will improve:
Spurs - I think are going to surprise a lot of people this year and not be as bad
Detroit wants to get better by all accounts

So 3 teams will 100% out tank us and two others who I think will likely out tank us but we may see improvement.

Reasonably we could find our way to the bottom 5.

Just seems like if there's going to be a year to tank, this is it

I smell what you’re cooking…couldn’t agree more. I’ll add:

Utah will likely do what they’ve done last two years, compete until trade deadline
Memphis will get a lot better,,,,
Brooklyn could easily get worse

Then add a team that collapses due to injury

Long story short: Raps won’t have to do much in terms of tanking to finish bottom 8.

I think BRK will do better and be in the play in at least. New coach, if they keep Bridges I expect him to be better under Jordi. Claxton looks like he's staying too.

TOR will try as they always do every season. But we are going to have to be 95% healthy to be a 35-40 win team and for everyone to get better and everything clicking. That's best case. A couple of injuries, we can easily be back at 25 wins. Masai will see how season goes and tank it once season is lost

Boston
76ers
Bucks
Indy
NY
Cavs
Miami
Orlando

are for sure better than us next season. That's 8 teams.

ATL ? what happens with them
Bulls ? same thing .. both are better than us today.
Both teams TBD - gotta see what they do.

We should be outside of the play in again and I'd guess back at 25-30 wins

25-30 is my guess too.

Decision needs to be made at Christmas which way they go though. Trade deadline too long to wait.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,012
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#342 » by will » Thu May 16, 2024 7:54 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
I smell what you’re cooking…couldn’t agree more. I’ll add:

Utah will likely do what they’ve done last two years, compete until trade deadline
Memphis will get a lot better,,,,
Brooklyn could easily get worse

Then add a team that collapses due to injury

Long story short: Raps won’t have to do much in terms of tanking to finish bottom 8.

I think BRK will do better and be in the play in at least. New coach, if they keep Bridges I expect him to be better under Jordi. Claxton looks like he's staying too.

TOR will try as they always do every season. But we are going to have to be 95% healthy to be a 35-40 win team and for everyone to get better and everything clicking. That's best case. A couple of injuries, we can easily be back at 25 wins. Masai will see how season goes and tank it once season is lost

Boston
76ers
Bucks
Indy
NY
Cavs
Miami
Orlando

are for sure better than us next season. That's 8 teams.

ATL ? what happens with them
Bulls ? same thing .. both are better than us today.
Both teams TBD - gotta see what they do.

We should be outside of the play in again and I'd guess back at 25-30 wins

25-30 is my guess too.

Decision needs to be made at Christmas which way they go though. Trade deadline too long to wait.

We've already read that wait until the trade deadline story. Didn't end well. At all.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#343 » by Scase » Thu May 16, 2024 8:15 pm

Clutch0z24 wrote:
Scase wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:
Yep i just don't get some of the people here that are not down for trying to go for a Flagg/Bailey...Or any other of the prospects in the upcoming draft....Imagine how good of a situation we would be in if we added another Barnes level prospect to the team...

Having IQ/Barrett/Barnes/Dick + Another Barnes level prospect...That would be exciting as heck to watch grow...I believe Barrett/IQ have alot more growth in the future imagine having Barnes and lets say a Banchero level added to the mix...

Now that would be something worth getting excited about.

Can I interest you in another 10-14 pick?

We won't be that good to be that low in the draft lottery....If we are a 10-14 pick that means we won 30 or just above 30 games....We are as constructed 20 -25 win team at best...That would be top 6

In my defence, I have full expectations of Masai to make win now moves this off season. As currently constructed, we don't even have 5 starters lol, so yeah I agree with that assessment.
Props TZ!
will
RealGM
And1: 50,012
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#344 » by will » Thu May 16, 2024 8:16 pm

Scase wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:
Scase wrote:Can I interest you in another 10-14 pick?

We won't be that good to be that low in the draft lottery....If we are a 10-14 pick that means we won 30 or just above 30 games....We are as constructed 20 -25 win team at best...That would be top 6

In my defence, I have full expectations of Masai to make win now moves this off season. As currently constructed, we don't even have 5 starters lol, so yeah I agree with that assessment.

Self-defense is the best defense.

Return to Toronto Raptors