ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Statistician MK
Junior
And1: 426

Re: Official Scottie All Star Barnes Thread 8 

Post#321 » by Statistician MK » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:16 am

Last 15 games for Scottie Barnes:
Free Throws ...... 69-78 ... 88.5%

Pretty impressive!
We all have different opinions, and that is one thing that makes this forum great.
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,541

Post#322 » by Airmiess » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:12 am

Every time i go on twitter i see brain dead tweets about how Scottie is on the spectrum. It's never nothing positive trending for his game.
TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,326

Post#323 » by TorontoBarneys » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Airmiess wrote:Every time i go on twitter i see brain dead tweets about how Scottie is on the spectrum. It's never nothing positive trending for his game.

Twitter is largely comprised of braindead people?
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#324 » by TimeForChange » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:32 pm

Read on Twitter

definitely something scottie needs to work on this summer
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,628

Post#325 » by MoMan24 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:50 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
Airmiess wrote:Every time i go on twitter i see brain dead tweets about how Scottie is on the spectrum. It's never nothing positive trending for his game.

I was late to the spectrum jokes cause I'm not on social media or reddit like that but on Instagram every post about Scottie is flooded with these jokes. It's bad man. It's hard to witness as a Raptors and Scottie fan. It is so dumb and overplayed and not even funny. They don't even make sense anymore smh.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,338

Post#326 » by pilkoids » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:01 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:

Twitter is great if you have the skill to discern a shitpoast from a serious one. Also hella entertaining, more so than any social media platform right now.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,034

Post#327 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:08 pm

MoMan24 wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

I was late to the spectrum jokes cause I'm not on social media or reddit like that but on Instagram every post about Scottie is flooded with these jokes. It's bad man. It's hard to witness as a Raptors and Scottie fan. It is so dumb and overplayed and not even funny. They don't even make sense anymore smh.

People have speculated the same thing about Kawhi for years, too. And OG.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,407

Post#328 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:12 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder historically how many guys as low as Scottie in year 3 have propelled up in rankings like these. Long-term you probably need a #1 scorer to play with Scottie.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#329 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:12 pm

MoMan24 wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

nbacirclejerk on reddit fuels a lot of it.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#330 » by TimeForChange » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:23 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder historically how many guys as low as Scottie in year 3 have propelled up in rankings like these. Long-term you probably need a #1 scorer to play with Scottie.

Giannis was 0.82 in year 3 on 2.7 possessions
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,034

Post#331 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:25 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a pretty small sample size.

I think there's some similarities to Cousins, who tried to overpower guys early (with some similar results of berating refs when they didn't get calls). AD as well. A lot of times the 1 and done players don't have enough jump shooting talent and so they have to force their games inside and leave it up to the whistle.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#332 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:42 pm

TimeForChange wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Read on Twitter

Giannis was 0.82 in year 3 on 2.7 possessions

Giannis to be fair never really improved after that in ISO. He scores in other ways.

Just quickly looked but looks like he got north of 1.00/ppp once in his career, but generally floated in the 0.80-0.99 range depending on the year. 0.83 last year, 0.98 this year
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,608

Post#333 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:53 pm

MoMan24 wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

Well if he's doing what he's doing while on the spectrum that's actually an amazing accomplishment. Being a sports athlete with this would be extremely difficult, let alone doing it professionally. Life is so much harder to coordinate for him that anyone who is neurotypical when you have a neurological disability. He would have to be fighting internal battles every second he's in front of people and on the court.

It kind of shows you the type of idiots that are on social media when they think this is somehow a point against him lol.

Barnes actually reminds me of a less shy Siakam when he was younger. Both would prefer to be away from the camera and more to themselves. The difference is Siakam came in with Derozan and Lowry (two goofballs) as his leaders while Barnes came in after the Leonard run so his veterans expected everyone to be Kawhi Leonard in terms of personality. I think that's why you saw all these changes. The front office is trying to bring back that youthful vibe which went a long way in creating the culture this team had.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,287

Post#334 » by Chandan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:33 pm

Statistician MK wrote:Last 15 games for Scottie Barnes:
Free Throws ...... 69-78 ... 88.5%

Pretty impressive!

Ever since he told Dennis to **** off and let him shoot the technicals free throws his FT% have been on point.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#335 » by Truthrising » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:09 am

Read on Twitter
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,769

Post#336 » by DG88 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:37 am

Read on Twitter
?t=jCxa_UNEpfFeGc4ks_Cd8g&s=19
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,892

Post#337 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:42 am

Casual 21/12/12/5 game.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,933

Post#338 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:32 am

Scottie is just being Scottie. A true connector game with shooting and cutting all over

what's scary is that he doesn't even have any go to moves at the moment lol
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,176

Post#339 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:47 am

Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,210

Post#340 » by HiJiNX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:52 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Truthrising wrote:
Read on Twitter

I never heard of the autism thing till reading it tonight a few posts above. Makes no sense to me either but videos like this will feed the jokes

He’s just…dancing…

Not directed at you, Walt. Just weird people taking everything fun or funny he does to mean he has autism (like that’s a bad thing anyway).
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive

Return to Toronto Raptors