ImageImageImageImageImage

Pascal as a #2 = back to ECF

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,854

Re: Pascal as a #2 = back to ECF 

Post#21 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon May 20, 2024 2:46 am

Where exactly was management going to find a number 1 scorer for Siakam? They weren’t blind to it imo. They held on because they knew how good he was and other teams didn’t. That being said, facing undermanned teams so far. I will be very impressed if he can play well against the Celtics.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,051

Post#22 » by kalel123 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:47 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
kalel123 wrote:Pacers aren't actually Conference Finals material IMO. Just got lucky to run into very battered Knicks team. Just another easy fodder for Celtics to run through unfortunately.

Yep - they’re probably similar to our ECF run team in 2016. That being said, they’re a prime team to make an all in move for a true #1 and go with a star/Hali/Siakam team. They would be a prime team IMO to go after a KD or something similar if they came available

Thanks to our front office failing to get anything of actual value back for Siakam from Pacers leaving them with all those assets still.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,338

Post#23 » by Zeno » Mon May 20, 2024 2:53 am

Happy for him. But just to be clear this is as fake as our Demar/Kyle ECF run and probably more so.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
EastonEddy
Sophomore
And1: 183

Post#24 » by EastonEddy » Mon May 20, 2024 3:10 am

He's arguably the #1 if we consider what has happened since he has been on the team. Haliburton really struggled after his injury at times like really badly. Getting Pascal was key to their seeding in the playoffs.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,208

Post#25 » by ForeverTFC » Mon May 20, 2024 4:20 am

Pointgod wrote:
C_Money wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
we were in on kd and lillard. didn't happen. but they did try to get a #1.

In hindsight that Lillard trade would have been embarrassing if we pulled it off. We’d have been an average team with an unhappy Lillard on the roster.

What would we have traded for Lillard again?

Believe it was GTJ, Gradey, Precious, Thad, and a few picks. I actually think that starting lineup would have been lethal though I have NO idea how they would have put together a bench.

Dame/Schroder/Flynn
OG/?
Barnes/McDaniels
Siakam/Boucher
Poeltl/?
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,208

Post#26 » by ForeverTFC » Mon May 20, 2024 4:25 am

Zeno wrote:Happy for him. But just to be clear this is as fake as our Demar/Kyle ECF run and probably more so.

How was that run fake? We were the 2nd best team in the East that year. This Pacers run is similar to the Hawks run a few years ago, though still somehow weaker.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#27 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 am

Had he beaten a fully healthy NYK and more importantly MIL team, I would give this far more credence.

But just like BOS likely making another Finals, these particular runs through a badly depleted East doesn’t impress me. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for Pascal that he gets the opportunity to play in big games. He fully deserves and earned that but using this “run” as a way to trump him up isn’t it. The level of (depleted) competition matters.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,088

Post#28 » by Indeed » Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 am

SFour wrote:Pacers aren't real contenders....they're the odd man out amongst the Celtics, Mavs, Nuggets, Wolves.

We know what it takes to win a championship, and the Pacers aren't it.

I disagree against Dallas and Minnesota, Indiana is a matchup nightmare for them.

Dallas has no one who can handle Siakam, so it is pretty much who scores more, and even more towards the pace (Dallas plays slow, Indiana plays fast).
Similar against Minnesota, Turner and Siakam will stretch Towns and Gobert to neutralize the shot blockers, so it is pretty much towards the pace (Minnesota plays slow, Indiana plays fast).
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#29 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 20, 2024 5:12 am

Indeed wrote:
SFour wrote:Pacers aren't real contenders....they're the odd man out amongst the Celtics, Mavs, Nuggets, Wolves.

I disagree against Dallas and Minnesota, Indiana is a matchup nightmare for them.

Dallas has no one who can handle Siakam, so it is pretty much who scores more, and even more towards the pace (Dallas plays slow, Indiana plays fast).
Similar against Minnesota, Turner and Siakam will stretch Towns and Gobert to neutralize the shot blockers, so it is pretty much towards the pace (Minnesota plays slow, Indiana plays fast).

McDaniels would guard Siakam & Edwards would likely guard Hali. I’d take the Wolves quite easily over IND tbh. I’d give them a smaller shot against DAL but not that much more. Luka would work IND’s feeble defenders (even Neismith would be too small) & Pascal would still have PJ, Gafford and Lively to contend with. I don’t think that would be a walk in the park and I just flat out trust Luka & Kyrie more in big moments than Hali & Pascal.

The Pacers just took 7 games to beat a BADLY depleted Knicks team missing 3 of their starters (their best defender and 2nd best scorer) with their star player wearing down and actually suffering a game ending injury just to squeak through. That’s really not all that impressive and I’m honestly not hating but those are the facts. Tell me which team is winning missing their 2nd best player, best defender and their best one being worn into the ground who also gets injured in the close out game?!

I don’t think they’re a “nightmare” by any stretch of the imagination especially when you remember how much Pascal struggled with the length of BOS’ defenders or even PHI during our championship run.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,855

Post#30 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:05 am

Pascal would have been out in the first round if Giannis and Dame weren't injured. Out in the second round if Randle and OG weren't injured.

Hali has not been a good first option at all in these playoffs. Pascal has been their best player.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,255

Post#31 » by HumbleRen » Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am

Indeed wrote:

All 3 teams left in the playoffs would obliterate the Pacers.
Darkseid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,397

Post#32 » by Darkseid » Mon May 20, 2024 6:20 am

Childs wrote:Image

The cold never bothered me anyway.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Post#33 » by duppyy » Mon May 20, 2024 7:01 am

Isn’t there a former raptor thread for this kind of stuff?
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,208

Post#34 » by mowcrowbar » Mon May 20, 2024 8:05 am

Scottie can be the #2 option. We just need a star. Which is almost impossible, and if it happens he leaves lol
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,802

Post#35 » by metafisical » Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am

I'm sick of all the Siakim threads as well. As stated in the other Siakim thread, he is no longer on our team. We have more Siakim threads right now than our own players, combined!

That said, I don't agree with the remarks about the Pacers not beating legit competition due to injury. The Pacers play the opponents in front of them, whether fully healthy or injury-riddled. It's up to teams to ensure they have enough depth to withstand a long post season.

If you still aren't convinced, let me leave you with this thought-- remember all the peeps who downplayed our championship (asterisk) because we beat an injury-riddled GS? Do you remember our reaction? It wasn't, "you are right. We didn't deserve the championship. Put an asterisk beside our championship".

Let's not be hypocrites. The Pacers are contenders and they got to the ECF fairly and legitimately. I wish we were in their spot atm.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,338

Post#36 » by Zeno » Mon May 20, 2024 9:06 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
Zeno wrote:Happy for him. But just to be clear this is as fake as our Demar/Kyle ECF run and probably more so.

How was that run fake? We were the 2nd best team in the East that year. This Pacers run is similar to the Hawks run a few years ago, though still somehow weaker.

Yeah that is why I said the Pacers are more fake because they are lucky to have gotten through at all whereas the Raps were legit to get there but fake in that they had zero chance of going further than that. So you are correct, it is not really a fake conference finalist just a fake contender.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,689

Post#37 » by johanliebert » Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 am

when did fans become groupies of players? I didnt see this behaviour when Bosh had his success in Miami. He's gone and i'd do that trade again.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,005

Post#38 » by Los_29 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:52 am

Live Free wrote:
Scase wrote:Wrap it up boys, all the FO needs to do is get a true #1 option, it's as simple as that. I'm sure the FO never thought to do that.

Live Free for GM, let's go.

Honestly man, we’d be in a better position right now.. I knew pascal wasn’t #1 since the bubble playoffs

For some reason I knew it would be you that would start this thread. Seeing Pascal advance to the ECF while leading his team in scoring must be incredibly painful for you.

There is so much parity in this league that you don’t necessarily need to have a top 5 player anymore. It certainly helps but it won’t matter if the pieces around him don’t fit. Haliburton has been disappointing in these playoffs but he fits well next to Pascal and the other guys compliment their games. I don’t think the Pacers have enough for Boston. Boston is just too strong, too experienced, too rested and have the best player along with a better supporting cast. I am interested to see what this young team can do. Maybe they can push them a bit.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,685

Post#39 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon May 20, 2024 11:23 am

The Pascal hate is ridiculous. Imagine what we’d be saying if the Pacers lost to depleted Bucks and Knicks teams. Discounting them is like saying our title doesn’t count because the Warriors were depleted. At the end of the day you can’t choose your opponent. The East is mad weak but the Pacers did their job.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,358

Post#40 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon May 20, 2024 11:37 am

2019nbachamps wrote:The Pascal hate is ridiculous. Imagine what we’d be saying if the Pacers lost to depleted Bucks and Knicks teams. Discounting them is like saying our title doesn’t count because the Warriors were depleted. At the end of the day you can’t choose your opponent. The East is mad weak but the Pacers did their job.

Any year the knix are the #2 seed it must be a really weak conference tbh
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy

Return to Toronto Raptors