ImageImageImageImageImage

Preparing for some Brown disappointment

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Re: Preparing for some Brown disappointment 

Post#141 » by Mikistan » Fri May 17, 2024 10:38 pm

will wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Dyehardrapsfan wrote:

I think it’s the best option, let him go and Trent. Let’s try and sign a free agent or two.

I don’t trust Masai with free agency

Much rather see him use cap space to trade

I cannot think of a single free agent that has made an actual impact for the Raptors under Masai's tenure. Seriously. I'm just going for the bare minimum here.

On July 18, 2015, Biyombo signed a two-year, $5.7 million contract with the Toronto Raptors.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,199

Post#142 » by ForeverTFC » Fri May 17, 2024 11:24 pm

Scase wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Scase wrote:Well obviously, this was based off the rumours of us definitely moving him. The option to let him expire is still there, but how many times has masai just let a player walk, especially one part of a controversial trade?

The ego is just as important as the value of the player.

Are you seriously positing this hasn't happened since the chip?

As stupid as the FVV scenario was, it wasn't "intentional" so much as it was gross mismanagement. He doesnt let players walk for nothing as the default option, he gets caught up in stupidity and playing chicken/evaluating. Unless I'm forgetting some other instances? in my defence I have the memory of a 90 year old, so it's possible :lol:

Ibaka? Gasol? Biyombo?

If you're going to speak so matter of fact about everything yet continuously get things wrong, maybe post a bit less and read a little bit more? Every post in every thread is the same at this point.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,117

Post#143 » by Duffman100 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:50 pm

Kawhi? Danny Green??
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#144 » by Scase » Sat May 18, 2024 1:07 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:
Mikistan wrote:Are you seriously positing this hasn't happened since the chip?

As stupid as the FVV scenario was, it wasn't "intentional" so much as it was gross mismanagement. He doesnt let players walk for nothing as the default option, he gets caught up in stupidity and playing chicken/evaluating. Unless I'm forgetting some other instances? in my defence I have the memory of a 90 year old, so it's possible :lol:

Ibaka? Gasol? Biyombo?

If you're going to speak so matter of fact about everything yet continuously get things wrong, maybe post a bit less and read a little bit more? Every post in every thread is the same at this point.

Ibaka and Gasol were let go to have a chance at Giannis, I literally said "doesnt let players walk for nothing". As in no reason, not just literally no return. I disagree with him handling them that way, but he didn't do it for **** and giggles.

And seriously, Biyombo lol? He let go a guy who put up 5/8/0 and you think that was him letting a player go for nothing? He declined an option on a player that had virtually zero value.

Also since you're such of fan of saying how I should read a little bit more. Maybe take a page out of your own book.

How can I have spoken so "matter of fact", yet also say "Unless I'm forgetting some other instances?". That is the antithesis to saying something with the conviction that you seem to have injected due to your own emotions. It's called leaving room for doubt, since I pretty clearly said I'm not 100% confident. I woiuldn't think I'd have to explain such basic concepts to an adult.

Duffman100 wrote:Kawhi? Danny Green??

Wait, are you being serious? Kawhi, the guy who had zero intention of coming back, and was widely known to be heading to LA? That Kawhi? The Kawhi that not a GM in the league with half a brain cell would trade for because of that exact fact?

Or Danny, who explicitly stated he wouldn't come back without Kawhi?

Dude, unless this was sarcasm, put some effort into your post.
Props TZ!
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,287

Post#145 » by Chandan » Sat May 18, 2024 1:33 am

Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:As stupid as the FVV scenario was, it wasn't "intentional" so much as it was gross mismanagement. He doesnt let players walk for nothing as the default option, he gets caught up in stupidity and playing chicken/evaluating. Unless I'm forgetting some other instances? in my defence I have the memory of a 90 year old, so it's possible :lol:

Ibaka? Gasol? Biyombo?

Ibaka and Gasol were let go to have a chance at Giannis, I literally said "doesnt let players walk for nothing". As in no reason, not just literally no return. I disagree with him handling them that way, but he didn't do it for **** and giggles.

And seriously, Biyombo lol? He let go a guy who put up 5/8/0 and you think that was him letting a player go for nothing? He declined an option on a player that had virtually zero value.

Also since you're such of fan of saying how I should read a little bit more. Maybe take a page out of your own book.

How can I have spoken so "matter of fact", yet also say "Unless I'm forgetting some other instances?". That is the antithesis to saying something with the conviction that you seem to have injected due to your own emotions. It's called leaving room for doubt, since I pretty clearly said I'm not 100% confident. I woiuldn't think I'd have to explain such basic concepts to an adult.

Duffman100 wrote:Kawhi? Danny Green??

Wait, are you being serious? Kawhi, the guy who had zero intention of coming back, and was widely known to be heading to LA? That Kawhi? The Kawhi that not a GM in the league with half a brain cell would trade for because of that exact fact?

Or Danny, who explicitly stated he wouldn't come back without Kawhi?

Dude, unless this was sarcasm, put some effort into your post.

Flea from RHCP knew Kawhi was headed to LA long before masai did.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Post#146 » by TRik » Sat May 18, 2024 1:55 am

Not holding my breath for anything of real value returning from trading Brown…..unless we take on an even worse contract.
‘Silly rabbit’
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#147 » by Pointgod » Sat May 18, 2024 10:04 pm

TRik wrote:Not holding my breath for anything of real value returning from trading Brown…..unless we take on an even worse contract.

Well yeah that’s usually how these things go. Why our front office decided it was better to play this game instead of trading Brown at the deadline for an expiring and picks, I have no idea. Let’s see how this shakes out
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 548

Post#148 » by CazOnReal » Sat May 18, 2024 10:08 pm

TRik wrote:Not holding my breath for anything of real value returning from trading Brown…..unless we take on an even worse contract.

Define "real value".
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Post#149 » by duppyy » Sat May 18, 2024 11:42 pm

Jordan Poole for the lols and he will be a good tank
Commander
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,180

Post#150 » by The Duke » Sun May 19, 2024 2:07 am

Option A:
Pick up browns option, try to trade him, but fail to ultimately trade him. He performs and does similar to last year. Last year in raptors 2025.

Option B:
Do not pick up option. Use or don’t use space this summer

I’ll take B
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,995

Post#151 » by Merit » Sun May 19, 2024 7:37 pm

The Duke wrote:Option A:
Pick up browns option, try to trade him, but fail to ultimately trade him. He performs and does similar to last year. Last year in raptors 2025.

Option B:
Do not pick up option. Use or don’t use space this summer

I’ll take B

I’ll take C. Pick up option. Trade him for value.
I believe in Masai.
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,540

Post#152 » by Airmiess » Sun May 19, 2024 7:56 pm

Raps got hosed for Siakam
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect

Post#153 » by CazOnReal » Sun May 19, 2024 11:03 pm

Airmiess wrote:Raps got hosed for Siakam

It looks better after they moved one of those picks for Ochai and Olynyk but it's still pretty bad.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,622

Post#154 » by navyblue » Sun May 19, 2024 11:05 pm

It all hinges on 2026 1st.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect

Post#155 » by CazOnReal » Sun May 19, 2024 11:07 pm

navyblue wrote:

It all hinges on 2026 1st.

Gotta hope the Pacers overreact to this run a la the Hawks in 2021 8-)
twiggy2
Rookie
And1: 417

Post#156 » by twiggy2 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 pm

CazOnReal wrote:

It looks better after they moved one of those picks for Ochai and Olynyk but it's still pretty bad.

I feel like this deal would go down smoother if we won the lottery or at least keep our pick
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,815

Post#157 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 20, 2024 6:29 pm

Chandan wrote:Flea from RHCP knew Kawhi was headed to LA long before masai did.

It, of course, doesn't matter at all if every single person on earth knew he would leave after the championship, for LA.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect

Post#158 » by CazOnReal » Tue May 21, 2024 12:32 am

twiggy2 wrote:
CazOnReal wrote:

I feel like this deal would go down smoother if we won the lottery or at least keep our pick

Getting our pick wouldn't really affect this return, it'd just make it easier for us to trade up if we did.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,936

Post#159 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue May 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Betting odds are Brown is a Raptor to start next season. Knicks are likeliest trade partner.

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-toronto-favored-keep-bruce-brown-next-season-over-knicks

I wonder if Masai/Bobby decided to hold off on a trade with the Knicks because they know with the Knicks holding 2 first round picks (24 & 25) they will be willing to make a draft night trade. Bogdonovic and 24/25 for Brown? I'd say Raptors would hold out for 2025 pick but if nothing else is out there, I'd take 24 or 25. It would also add more context for the Agbaji/Kelly trade as they wouldn't want to be stuck with 4 picks.
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 567

Post#160 » by islandboy53 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:11 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Betting odds are Brown is a Raptor to start next season. Knicks are likeliest trade partner.

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-news-toronto-favored-keep-bruce-brown-next-season-over-knicks

I wonder if Masai/Bobby decided to hold off on a trade with the Knicks because they know with the Knicks holding 2 first round picks (24 & 25) they will be willing to make a draft night trade. Bogdonovic and 24/25 for Brown? I'd say Raptors would hold out for 2025 pick but if nothing else is out there, I'd take 24 or 25. It would also add more context for the Agbaji/Kelly trade as they wouldn't want to be stuck with 4 picks.

The Knicks almost certainly don't want 3 picks in this draft. Sending 24 or 25 with Bojan for Brown, who should be much more useful to Thibs than Bojan, seems like a good use of the picks, while leaving them a first rounder and also #38 to send to someone looking for a better chance to draft Bronny. Meanwhile, Toronto would get a 2nd first rounder, some trade value in Bojan, and #31 available to trade for other assets.

Return to Toronto Raptors