ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 31,031

Re: OT - Raptors Global Ambassador vs Kendrick 

Post#121 » by MavCarter » Mon May 6, 2024 3:29 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2376614&start=20

Here y'all go - no one outside of TO thinks Drake won here :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

334k voted drake 60% but interesting only people in TO i guess

I am sure the overlap between X users and Drake fans is pretty high. There is a reason why everyone in the hip-hop community is siding with Kendrick, and no one is going to bat for Drake.

But hey - keep defending the pedo.

Have you been on twitter? :lol: . The fact that you just called him that is all i need to know no need to keep talking to you
#Enjoytheride
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,406

Post#122 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 3:30 pm

MavCarter wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

I am sure the overlap between X users and Drake fans is pretty high. There is a reason why everyone in the hip-hop community is siding with Kendrick, and no one is going to bat for Drake.

Have you been on twitter? :lol: . The fact that you just called him that is all i need to know no need to keep talking to you

Yeah, I have been on twitter :lol:

QUoting XXL Mag is like me using Stephen A Smith in a MJ vs LBJ argument
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,605

Post#123 » by Brinbe » Mon May 6, 2024 3:39 pm

Aubrey getting this type of fervent support despite being thoroughly destroyed in every which way explains why an entire generation of ppl in this city are outright idiots. Hypebeast/6ixbuzz morons. Explains so much lol.

The cult of personality is a strong one. Same reason why Marner got a free pass for years and years. People will look the other way on things if the birth certificate says a certain thing.

Read on Twitter

Artistically/lyrically/personally this groomer has been bested in this beef that he was asking for. And the worst part is releasing that sorry track last night. We can't go out like that on that crap note.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,154

Post#124 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon May 6, 2024 4:12 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2376614&start=20

Here y'all go - no one outside of TO thinks Drake won here :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Twitter is literally all KDot nuthuggers at the moment.

So when Drake wins a poll - you make excuses.
When Kendrick wins a poll - "no excuses, this is a fair poll and an accurate representation"

"Everyone in the hip-hop community" says who? LMAO. Talk about baseless claims...

Drake is the most popular music artist which means he's going to have a lot of haters, then you add the Kendrick fans - along with the fanbases of Weeknd, Metro, Future, ASAP, Rihanna, Ross, etc. - and yeah, it's easy to understand why there's overwhelming hate directed towards Drake.

Also, I'm glad Drake addressed the fact that Kendrick literally threated to take down his music if Spotify took down R-Kelly's music. Talk about hypocrisy... Kendrick wholeheartedly supports an actual proven pedophile and sex offender.

A lot of y'all chose to ignore that part of the song though... cuz you know... it doesn't fit your agenda. Keep engaging in confirmation bias, since it's what helps you sleep at night.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#125 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 4:31 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

When Kendrick wins a poll - "no excuses, this is a fair poll and an accurate representation"

"Everyone in the hip-hop community" says who? LMAO. Talk about baseless claims...

Drake is the most popular music artist which means he's going to have a lot of haters, then you add the Kendrick fans - along with the fanbases of Weeknd, Metro, Future, ASAP, Rihanna, Ross, etc. - and yeah, it's easy to understand why there's overwhelming hate directed towards Drake.

Also, I'm glad Drake addressed the fact that Kendrick literally threated to take down his music if Spotify took down R-Kelly's music. Talk about hypocrisy... Kendrick wholeheartedly supports an actual proven pedophile and sex offender.

A lot of y'all chose to ignore that part of the song though... cuz you know... it doesn't fit your agenda. Keep engaging in confirmation bias, since it's what helps you sleep at night.

Bro Drake is the biggest rap artist in the world right now ESPECIALLY among the demographic that utilizes twitter. The fact that Twitter is all on KDots side is NOT a good thing for Drake. Drake has the upper hand in terms of fans, and yet he still is the one who looks like the clown right now.

The fact that every other artist is on Kendricks side should be telling to Drake fans lol.

The dude clowned himself on Heart Part 6. The dude is claiming he made it all up and tricked Kendrick, yet he has no proof? :lol: The dude slips up in his own song and admits he is full of ****:

"The ones that you're gettin' your stories from, they all clowns" - 5 seconds later says it was actually him.

Tough go for Drake. Find out his crew has a leak and then he is forced to write something himself to avoid the leak and we get... this garbage.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,628

Post#126 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 4:32 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Not to mention that there's been no denial of him beating his girl. I guess that's OK too?

The amount of hate, jealous and bias towards Drake is crazy and I'm not even his biggest fan on the regular.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,628

Post#127 » by Tor_Raps » Mon May 6, 2024 4:42 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I am sure the overlap between X users and Drake fans is pretty high. There is a reason why everyone in the hip-hop community is siding with Kendrick, and no one is going to bat for Drake.

Bro Drake is the biggest rap artist in the world right now ESPECIALLY among the demographic that utilizes twitter. The fact that Twitter is all on KDots side is NOT a good thing for Drake. Drake has the upper hand in terms of fans, and yet he still is the one who looks like the clown right now.

The fact that every other artist is on Kendricks side should be telling to Drake fans lol.

The dude clowned himself on Heart Part 6. The dude is claiming he made it all up and tricked Kendrick, yet he has no proof? :lol: The dude slips up in his own song and admits he is full of ****:

"The ones that you're gettin' your stories from, they all clowns" - 5 seconds later says it was actually him.

Tough go for Drake. Find out his crew has a leak and then he is forced to write something himself to avoid the leak and we get... this garbage.

All that and you have no comment about how Kendrick released back to back once he realized "Meet the Grahams" was full of crap. If it's true what Kendrick said about his daughter then it shouldn't be hard for him to provide the receipts...

This battle has turned into Drake being hated on because he's Canadian, mixed, comes from a good upbringing. The fact he still made it to the top in a world where all that's usually frowned upon is what's creating his haters. If you want to support that type of BS then enjoy.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#128 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 4:43 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I am sure the overlap between X users and Drake fans is pretty high. There is a reason why everyone in the hip-hop community is siding with Kendrick, and no one is going to bat for Drake.

Not to mention that there's been no denial of him beating his girl. I guess that's OK too?

The amount of hate, jealous and bias towards Drake is crazy and I'm not even his biggest fan on the regular.

Who said that was ok? If Kendrick beat his wife he deserves all the hate in the world for that. I am a huge Kdot guy and am capable of admitting that is not okay. That being said - right now all we have is Drake saying it happened and that is all.

On the flip side... we have videos, pics, texts, etc. of Drake being a creep with underage women.

Kind of important to distinguish between Drake throwing **** at a wall and hoping something sticks and Kendrick discussing something that can be half verified. If Kendrick beat his wife that would be shock - but considering Drake has photos of all that stuff AND has hidden a child in the past, is it really far fetched to believe those things?
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,148

Post#129 » by LarSiN » Mon May 6, 2024 4:47 pm

That "B Sharp" line was just terrible btw
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#130 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 4:48 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:All that and you have no comment about how Kendrick released back to back once he realized "Meet the Grahams" was full of crap. If it's true what Kendrick said about his daughter then it shouldn't be hard for him to provide the receipts...

This battle has turned into Drake being hated on because he's Canadian, mixed, comes from a good upbringing. The fact he still made it to the top in a world where all that's usually frowned upon is what's creating his haters. If you want to support that type of BS then enjoy.

No... the main thing that he is being hated on is because he has pedo tendencies. That kind of stuff has some serious smoke to it that takes no time at all to Google. Start with Baka Not Nice.

He is not being hated on for being Canadian either the **** :lol: the closest thing to that was Kendrick saying he was not gonna let a Canadian dude tarnish Pac's legacy. The AI **** was cringe as hell from Drake.

Mixed? No. Kendrick again was saying Drake needs to stop posing and acting like he some street guy. He is not a dude who grew up the same way a lot of guys in the rap world did.

And what? You think Mixed race Canadians with good upbringings is a NEGATIVE for Drakes ability to make it to the top? SHEESH MAN that is a hell of a take and a poor one at that. If Drake did not have those huge advantages growing up he never would have become as successful as he is. The Heart Part 6 is just proof the dude cant write for himself, so if he could not afford the ghosts he never would have gotten where he did. Hell, Take Care is pretty much The Weeknd's album cause he wrote the damn thing.

And now look at that- The Weeknd, a collaborator and fellow Canadian, also **** hates Drake. Where there is smoke - there is fire.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#131 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 4:55 pm

LarSiN wrote:That "B Sharp" line was just terrible btw

Casual hip-hop fans coming out in masses to support Drake :lol:

I can get past the B Sharp line. Hip-hop stretches **** all the time and technically a B Sharp exists. Fine.

The real issues are:
1) you claim you fed Kendrick fake info - then prove it? You really forgot to record something?
2) You completely misinterpreted Mother I Sober
2b) And even if Kendrick WAS molested... how does that have anything to do with you liking your girls young :lol:
3) His entire argument that if he was a pedo he would have been arrested because he is to famous? Not like P Diddy or Bill Cosby did similar type stuff and got away with for decades?
4) And like other weird ass lines like "I don't wanna battle a women beater because it feeds his nature" - did he call himself a woman here? Or "whoever fed you info is a clown" then he says it was him.. so Drake calls himself a women and a clown on his own track? Just overall horrible writing.
5)"Drake is not a name you will see on a sex offenders list" - Okay, but what about Audrey Graham :lol:

IDK man - Drake was doing alright but the Heart was BAD. Like straight BAD. He needs his ghostwriters back
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#132 » by rocky_da_best » Mon May 6, 2024 5:00 pm

I dont even understand why Drake got involved with this ****. He releases an album a year, is objectively the biggest hiphop/rnb/urban (whatever genre title you wanna use) mainstream artist of the past decade, while Kendrick comes out of the woodwork every 3-5 years, drops an album, and goes back into his cave. He's probably banking on this to promote new music or something cause he's slowly becoming irrelevant.

Drake lives this **** every day, every year. Kendrick comes and goes as he pleases, living off of past glory from his first two albums. Every album since GKMC has been a let down and yet you'll have his stans talk about how he's becoming more and more of a genius - finding double, triple entendres that Kdot himself probably didn't even realize were there when he was writing the **** to begin with. Dude **** called Demar "D Rose" the other day lmao. He's washed. Hell, imo due to his absenteeism, J Cole has done more for the culture in the last decade than Kendrick has.

Drake got every rapper/hater going after him not because he's a pedo, he's losing the beef or whatever excuse Kdot stans have concocted but because they're all jealous af of him. That yes, a mixed kid from Forest Hill is taking what they probably think they're owed. Entitled brats.

Smartest guy in this beef is J Cole for just removing himself from this nonsense. Two grown ass men writing poetry about each other lmao
rocky_da_best
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,869

Post#133 » by rocky_da_best » Mon May 6, 2024 5:04 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

I can get past the B Sharp line. Hip-hop stretches **** all the time and technically a B Sharp exists. Fine.

The real issues are:
1) you claim you fed Kendrick fake info - then prove it? You really forgot to record something?
2b) And even if Kendrick WAS molested... how does that have anything to do with you liking your girls young :lol:
3) His entire argument that if he was a pedo he would have been arrested because he is to famous? Not like P Diddy or Bill Cosby did similar type stuff and got away with for decades?
4) And like other weird ass lines like "I don't wanna battle a women beater because it feeds his nature" - did he call himself a woman here? Or "whoever fed you info is a clown" then he says it was him.. so Drake calls himself a women and a clown on his own track? Just overall horrible writing.
5)"Drake is not a name you will see on a sex offenders list" - Okay, but what about Audrey Graham :lol:

IDK man - Drake was doing alright but the Heart was BAD. Like straight BAD. He needs his ghostwriters back

Brother, touch grass. You're doing way too much dissecting of poetry for a Monday morning. It ain't that serious. Both dudes spewing nonsensical lies lol.

Yes, Drake didn't come from a poor background. Kendrick wasn't a gangbanger either but his whole first album is about it. And no, Kdot shouldnt assume Drake's no gangster. When you have that much money and power, you can make people disappear.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#134 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:07 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

The real issues are:

Brother, touch grass. You're doing way too much dissecting of poetry for a Monday morning. It ain't that serious. Both dudes spewing nonsensical lies lol.

Yes, Drake didn't come from a poor background. Kendrick wasn't a gangbanger either but his whole first album is about it. And no, Kdot shouldnt assume Drake's no gangster. When you have that much money and power, you can make people disappear.

I think you HEAVILY misunderstood Good Kid Mad City :lol: Just because he was not a "gangbanger" does not mean he did not have crazy experiences growing up. While Kendrick was going through that, Drake was acting in a Canadian TV drama.

"Nonsensical lies" - again, it does not take that much work to look into Drakes weird behavior with young girls.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,815

Post#135 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 5:12 pm

Seems just like a bunch of dudes with fewer record sales think Drake appropriates "their" culture and makes music that is enjoyed by an audience they don't respect. Like if Vanilla Ice was extremely successful for 15 years and didn't peak with ninja rap (I said what I said).

The sourest of grapes.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#136 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:13 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:I dont even understand why Drake got involved with this ****. He releases an album a year, is objectively the biggest hiphop/rnb/urban (whatever genre title you wanna use) mainstream artist of the past decade, while Kendrick comes out of the woodwork every 3-5 years, drops an album, and goes back into his cave. He's probably banking on this to promote new music or something cause he's slowly becoming irrelevant.

Kendrick dropped an album in 2011, 2012, 2015, and 2017, and the only time took a significant break was during COVID.

Drake lives this **** every day, every year. Kendrick comes and goes as he pleases, living off of past glory from his first two albums. Every album since GKMC has been a let down

TPAB is heavily considered one of the greatest albums of all-time, the ****?

He also won a damn Pulitzer for DAMN.

Mr Morale won best rap album at the 2023 Grammys and was nominated for the AOTY

Just all around horrible takes. Kendrick is one of the most respected artists in the game, and when he releases stuff it is a massive deal. I actually feel bad for you if you cant sit down and listen to his stuff. Sure, it maybe takes a few listens to fully "get" because it is not easy listening Drake generic garbage, but if you take the time it is worth it.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#137 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:14 pm

D-O-T, the money, power, respect
The last one is better
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,925

Post#138 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon May 6, 2024 5:17 pm

some of you guys need to get outside more, it's embarrassing
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#139 » by YogurtProducer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:23 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:some of you guys need to get outside more, it's embarrassing

TIL enjoying music is for nerds
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,815

Post#140 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 6, 2024 5:38 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:some of you guys need to get outside more, it's embarrassing

TIL enjoying music is for nerds

...my guy, you're the one calling people that like Drake casual rap fans as if that's an insult. Let people enjoy what they enjoy. 2 and a half men pulled in 9 emmys in various categories. The Wire, very famously, won 0. The most watched TV shows are things like Chicago Blue and Hospital with Horny Residents and Firefighter Brigade in Large American City.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Raptors