ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,824

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#1181 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Knock down shooter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=iDergfyDJveIq9pY2qCCBQ

Read on Twitter
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#1182 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:38 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Knock down shooter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This kid is nice, that shot is sniper-esque

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Post#1183 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

“During my college season, I usually like to watch film on players while they were still playing in college. Some of the players I watched were Brandon Miller at Alabama and Trey Murphy at Virginia. They both have similar body types to me and I think our games have a lot of similarities that I could try and replicate.”

Those are good guys to study from, they do share similar bodies. He looks to be a Trey Murphy clone frfr, I might be sold, wish he was slight bigger, but 6'7 is cool.

4yr sr at 21 is also cool

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,767

Post#1184 » by DG88 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:30 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Interesting player to sign as an UDFA. He's only a 35% 3 point shooter and for someone of his size and athleticism he only grabs 2.6 rebounds?
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,535

Post#1185 » by S.W.A.N » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:57 am

Johnston wrote:At 6 I like Holland, Matas and Sheppard

19: McCain, Tyler Smith and Salaun

31: Ryan Dunn, Kevin Mcculair or whatever C drops

Good list but expand your pick options for the first pick. It is more likely that it is pick 1-4 than it is 6. Risacher and Sarr are legit in the realm of who we should be hoping for.

At 19 I'd add Filiposki and Furphy

31: Lots of C's that could fit and some defenders/good role players. I'm optimistic we get something really good here.
We the North
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,184

Post#1186 » by billy_hoyle » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:07 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Something tells me that's not gonna happen since MU never has done that

Oh, now I remember why I blocked you. But every so often I give you a chance, invariably to my regret.

I can see you're lost about how teams rebuild. Cap space to absorb bad contracts attached to draft picks. Presti plays the game to perfection, with a franchise that is even less of a free agent destination than the Raptors (if that was even possible).

Something tells me that's not gonna happen since MU never has done that. And if you want draft picks why not hope to get a top 6 pick? The chances you get a top 6 pick taking on salary is next to zero

The top 10 this year is like the top 10 in 2011. Total crap, except there's not even a Kyrie Irving. At one point, Stephon f'n Castle was mocked at #1. :lol:

I'd rather have multiple 2025 picks than a top six pick in this dogwater draft. If Raps convey this year, we'll have at least two. Plus whatever we can wrangle out of a team looking at tax hell. Now THAT will be a rebuild. And consistent with how Masai framed it in his post-season presser (and how Bobby framed it in terms of 10-12 steps, NOT just a few). They're preaching patience. Not six years, but not an instant turnaround either.

When did we get multiple 2025 picks? Or are u including the 2nd rounder?

If we convey this year, don't we just guarantee one first next year? If we keep our pick this year, we still have top 6 protection next year.

Makes more sense to keep (basically a coin flip) and hope to get lucky next year IMO. Hopefully we are knocking on the playin door.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#1187 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 am

DG88 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Interesting player to sign as an UDFA. He's only a 35% 3 point shooter and for someone of his size and athleticism he only grabs 2.6 rebounds?

He should go back for his 5th year. This is the 1st season shooting over 34% from 3. Right now he's a volume chucker. I guess like Jordan Nwora.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,243

Post#1188 » by Mark_83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 am

grant101 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:This video breakdown pretty much sums up why I'm almost all out on Ware even though I think he has a relatively high floor given his skillset and profile. This would just drive me crazy as a coach and a fan, and I don't know that you can really fix a guy's **** meter.

;t=379s

Yep. Agreed. Like a poor man's Ayton. Must suck to play alongside as well. I'd much rather role the dice on a more limited big that busts his ass. Give me Holmes any day of the week. His best bet is to end up in a spot like Miami where he has no choice by to give effort.

Holmes advanced stats are in the top 3 of all the top 60 ranked prospects for this draft (behind Edey and Clingan). I don't think he'll be a star, but I also see very little chance he'll be a bust based on his skillset and statistical profile. I think his floor is somewhere along the lines of a Richaun Holmes with a ceiling of an Amir Johnson.

;t=1154s

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eslGbzgZzuU
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,180

Post#1189 » by PoundTown » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 am

Mark_83 wrote:
grant101 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:This video breakdown pretty much sums up why I'm almost all out on Ware even though I think he has a relatively high floor given his skillset and profile. This would just drive me crazy as a coach and a fan, and I don't know that you can really fix a guy's **** meter.

;t=379s

Yep. Agreed. Like a poor man's Ayton. Must suck to play alongside as well. I'd much rather role the dice on a more limited big that busts his ass. Give me Holmes any day of the week. His best bet is to end up in a spot like Miami where he has no choice by to give effort.

Holmes advanced stats are in the top 3 of all the top 60 ranked prospects for this draft (behind Edey and Clingan). I don't think he'll be a star, but I also see very little chance he'll be a bust based on his skillset and statistical profile. I think his floor is somewhere along the lines of a Richaun Holmes with a ceiling of an Amir Johnson.

;t=1154s

Haven’t watched him enough, but how’s his defence? On offence, I could definitely see a better shooting Amir.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,243

Post#1190 » by Mark_83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 am

PoundTown wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:
grant101 wrote:

;t=1154s

Haven’t watched him enough, but how’s his defence? On offence, I could definitely see a better shooting Amir.

He's very switchable with quick feet and excellent recovery ability. Like Amir he needs to get stronger or a develop a stronger base in order to better fight for position with NBA bigs but he's wiry strong and competes. I think I'd be inclined to take him over Chomche if both were there at 31, even though Chomche's upside is quite enticing.

grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#1191 » by grant101 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:33 am

Mark_83 wrote:
PoundTown wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:Holmes advanced stats are in the top 3 of all the top 60 ranked prospects for this draft (behind Edey and Clingan). I don't think he'll be a star, but I also see very little chance he'll be a bust based on his skillset and statistical profile. I think his floor is somewhere along the lines of a Richaun Holmes with a ceiling of an Amir Johnson.

;t=1154s

He's very switchable with quick feet and excellent recovery ability. Like Amir he needs to get stronger or a develop a stronger base in order to better fight for position with NBA bigs but he's wiry strong and competes. I think I'd be inclined to take him over Chomche if both were there at 31, even though Chomche's upside is quite enticing.

Amir is a great comp (and one of my favourite Raptors)! He even kinda moves like him.

I'm a broken record at this point, but not a fan of wasting a pick on Chomche at all. If Holmes is off the board, I'd much rather pick up someone like Joel Soriano as a UDFA and focus on other needs @ 19 & 31. The Center class in this draft just isn't very deep after the lottery. It's slim pickings after Holmes for me
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,929

Post#1192 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 am

Topic is back after his knee injury. I know he's been talked about a lot but If Raps crack top 4 , gotta seriously look at Topic as a possible pick. I understand the defense with him and IQ isnt ideal and they would get crushed today , but he will start as our back up where we severely need one. We gotta take BPA anyway. He isn't a distance shooter but high FT % and he masters the pick and roll with constant paint touches to create - both key staples for darko. 6'6" without shoes and 7' wingspan. Very fluid player

Read on Twitter
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#1193 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 am

WuTang_OG wrote:Topic is back after his knee injury. I know he's been talked about a lot but If Raps crack top 4 , gotta seriously look at Topic as a possible pick. I understand the defense with him and IQ isnt ideal and they would get crushed today , but he will start as our back up where we severely need one. We gotta take BPA anyway. He isn't a distance shooter but high FT % and he masters the pick and roll with constant paint touches to create - both key staples for darko. 6'6" without shoes and 7' wingspan. Very fluid player

Read on Twitter

I'm so split on Topic because it's kinda bizarre for a player to shoot a really high FT% but not actually have a good jumper & his is so iffy that he looks almost scared to shoot it when the defence sags off of him BUT yeah you can see how can manipulate a PnR or defence with his dribble & passing.

My concern is he ends up being just a slightly shorter Giddey which of course would still be a nice player but if either guy got comfortable with their shot they'd be a completely different level player and what makes Topic tempting is the fact he's shooting a really good percentage from the FT line, it gives you hope buuuuut...

All the more reason I think the Spurs (who have been excellent at helping guys develop their jumpers) will take him with their pick. With his passing ability and ability to create off the dribble it should allow Pops to do some of the stuff he ran with Tony/Manu with Duncan, to be done with Topic & Vic...a PnR with Vic's ability to pop or roll to the rim would make them deadly. Even though I think Rob & Reed as individual talents are further along, I think the fit will be too much for SAS to pass on & he doesn't NEED to be as much of a scoring threat from the perimeter as we would.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,929

Post#1194 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Topic is back after his knee injury. I know he's been talked about a lot but If Raps crack top 4 , gotta seriously look at Topic as a possible pick. I understand the defense with him and IQ isnt ideal and they would get crushed today , but he will start as our back up where we severely need one. We gotta take BPA anyway. He isn't a distance shooter but high FT % and he masters the pick and roll with constant paint touches to create - both key staples for darko. 6'6" without shoes and 7' wingspan. Very fluid player

Read on Twitter

I'm so split on Topic because it's kinda bizarre for a player to shoot a really high FT% but not actually have a good jumper & his is so iffy that he looks almost scared to shoot it when the defence sags off of him BUT yeah you can see how can manipulate a PnR or defence with his dribble & passing.

My concern is he ends up being just a slightly shorter Giddey which of course would still be a nice player but if either guy got comfortable with their shot they'd be a completely different level player and what makes Topic tempting is the fact he's shooting a really good percentage from the FT line, it gives you hope buuuuut...

All the more reason I think the Spurs (who have been excellent at helping guys develop their jumpers) will take him with their pick. With his passing ability and ability to create off the dribble it should allow Pops to do some of the stuff he ran with Tony/Manu with Duncan, to be done with Topic & Vic...a PnR with Vic's ability to pop or roll to the rim would make them deadly. Even though I think Rob & Reed as individual talents are further along, I think the fit will be too much for SAS to pass on & he doesn't NEED to be as much of a scoring threat from the perimeter as we would.

****wingspan 6'6" according to NC, which makes more sense
if spurs get him its game over. with pop and wemby.. idiot proof stuff to turn into a legit starting guard with those guys.
Would love to see how he does in workouts in next few weeks
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1195 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am

Read on Twitter

He’s 2nd on my board for the Raps behind Sarr. I really like this kid and think he’s going to be very good in this league for a long time.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,287

Post#1196 » by Chandan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:07 am

billy_hoyle wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
Something tells me that's not gonna happen since MU never has done that. And if you want draft picks why not hope to get a top 6 pick? The chances you get a top 6 pick taking on salary is next to zero

The top 10 this year is like the top 10 in 2011. Total crap, except there's not even a Kyrie Irving. At one point, Stephon f'n Castle was mocked at #1. :lol:

I'd rather have multiple 2025 picks than a top six pick in this dogwater draft. If Raps convey this year, we'll have at least two. Plus whatever we can wrangle out of a team looking at tax hell. Now THAT will be a rebuild. And consistent with how Masai framed it in his post-season presser (and how Bobby framed it in terms of 10-12 steps, NOT just a few). They're preaching patience. Not six years, but not an instant turnaround either.

When did we get multiple 2025 picks? Or are u including the 2nd rounder?

If we convey this year, don't we just guarantee one first next year? If we keep our pick this year, we still have top 6 protection next year.

Makes more sense to keep (basically a coin flip) and hope to get lucky next year IMO. Hopefully we are knocking on the playin door.

Instant gradification gives me the dopamemes.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,767

Post#1197 » by DG88 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am

Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He should go back for his 5th year. This is the 1st season shooting over 34% from 3. Right now he's a volume chucker. I guess like Jordan Nwora.

Nwora can at least rebound the ball. This guy is a one trick pony.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#1198 » by grant101 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:17 pm

DG88 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:Interesting player to sign as an UDFA. He's only a 35% 3 point shooter and for someone of his size and athleticism he only grabs 2.6 rebounds?

Nwora can at least rebound the ball. This guy is a one trick pony.

This draft is super deep with big wings than can defend & shoot it a bit. Jaxon is closer to the bottom of the list IMO. Jaylen Wells is bigger, younger, more versatile and a better shooter. Karaban is also much more ready/able to contribute. The list goes on (Nique Clifford, Isaiah Crawford, Tyon Grant-Foster, Keshad Johnson, Riley Minix, Pelle Larson, etc.). My fav of the bunch is Jamir Watkins, but you can make a case for a few guys.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#1199 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:25 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:

Read on Twitter

He’s 2nd on my board for the Raps behind Sarr. I really like this kid and think he’s going to be very good in this league for a long time.

Could his ceiling be like Jason Kidd?
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1200 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:37 pm

Psubs wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

Read on Twitter

Could his ceiling be like Jason Kidd?

I have no idea. Jason Kidd is an all-time great and one of the top 5 point guards in NBA history in my opinion. Kidd was also an excellent defender which Topic is not.

Return to Toronto Raptors