ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#1101 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 pm

Samson folk raised an interesting point, big man shooters usually don't come into the league as stretch bigs, they develop them over yrs untill they actually prove to stretch the floor. The. They mentioned towns barely taking 3s in college n only shooting 24% n how Brook Lopez took 6-7 yrs before he started shooting 3s
They said alla that in defense of us drafting Kalel Ware & how he was actually asked to shoot 3s in college. 67% ft line doesn't bode a lot of confidence tho.
Beside Chet n Wemby I couldn't think of a stretch big right away. Porzignas probably gets a mentioned

In Raptor Ball I Trust
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,769

Post#1102 » by DG88 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Samson folk raised an interesting point, big man shooters usually don't come into the league as stretch bigs, they develop them over yrs untill they actually prove to stretch the floor. The. They mentioned towns barely taking 3s in college n only shooting 24% n how Brook Lopez took 6-7 yrs before he started shooting 3s
They said alla that in defense of us drafting Kalel Ware & how he was actually asked to shoot 3s in college. 67% ft line doesn't bode a lot of confidence tho.
Beside Chet n Wemby I couldn't think of a stretch big right away. Porzignas probably gets a mentioned

The other thing I took in from the conversation is how Darko likes to use his bigs as hubs. I only see maybe Filipowski who'd fit that mold that is in our range. Makes me wonder if they would rather take a guard with the 19th pick and a wing with 31st?
DemHeavyHands
Sixth Man
And1: 2,749

Post#1103 » by DemHeavyHands » Sat May 18, 2024 5:02 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is Scottie’s boy right?? He was splashin those 3s in the vid but I looked up his game log and he wasn’t a shooter at all in college lol. I’m sure the vibes would be immaculate tho if he was on the raps. Maybe a good undrafted pick up if he doesn’t go in the 2nd round
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Post#1104 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 pm

DG88 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Samson folk raised an interesting point, big man shooters usually don't come into the league as stretch bigs, they develop them over yrs untill they actually prove to stretch the floor. The. They mentioned towns barely taking 3s in college n only shooting 24% n how Brook Lopez took 6-7 yrs before he started shooting 3s

The other thing I took in from the conversation is how Darko likes to use his bigs as hubs. I only see maybe Filipowski who'd fit that mold that is in our range. Makes me wonder if they would rather take a guard with the 19th pick and a wing with 31st?

If they took ware I wouldn't mind, but yeah I'd prefer a guard at 19 & wing at 31. A big at 31 makes sense too tho. I just feel the guard at 19 who may be available will have a higher ceiling

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#1105 » by Kevin Willis » Sat May 18, 2024 5:08 pm

DG88 wrote:

Maybe Zach could be a hub. His shooting has improved too.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,200

Post#1106 » by ForeverTFC » Sat May 18, 2024 5:09 pm

For everyone that has been doing their homework on this draft, who are the high upside swings I should get to know at at 19?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,930

Post#1107 » by WuTang_OG » Sat May 18, 2024 5:11 pm

DG88 wrote:

I think if a big is there that they like they will take him. I get the sense losing Koloko was a big blow to them so they will need to replenish that. If Edey is there my guess is they take him but he might go earlier. Missi though is a guy i think they will take and develop his game behind Poeltl. Any big taken in this draft will take 2-3 yrs to develop
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,824

Post#1108 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 5:20 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:For everyone that has been doing their homework on this draft, who are the high upside swings I should get to know at at 19?

Kel’el Ware
AJ Johnson
Tyler Smith
Yves Missi
Carlton Carrington
Johnny Furphy
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#1109 » by grant101 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:20 pm

DG88 wrote:

That's exactly the role DaRon Holmes played at Dayton.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 627

Post#1110 » by grant101 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:23 pm

DemHeavyHands wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is Scottie’s boy right?? He was splashin those 3s in the vid but I looked up his game log and he wasn’t a shooter at all in college lol. I’m sure the vibes would be immaculate tho if he was on the raps. Maybe a good undrafted pick up if he doesn’t go in the 2nd round

Unfortunately the dream of picking him up as a udfa has passed. He impressed at the combine. I would be surprised if he made it past the 40s
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,705

Post#1111 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:35 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Who?

Imo Jones, Ingram, De Silva, Dadiet, Watkins

Dillon Jones? Who's Ingram? Da Silva's a bench shooting big at best, I don't get the Dadiet hype at all but I do like Watkins. Not sure about his NBA impact exactly but I do think he can potentially crack a rotation.

Yes Dillon Jones.
Harrison Ingram from NC
Like someone else said Desilva is way more of a big wing than I big he's a great shooter can be a lil slow but a smart defender nonetheless.
Dadiet is only 18, 6'7 to 6'8 playing in Australia and he's basically been a consistent knockdown shooter all year with plenty room to grow on both sides
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#1112 » by SpezNc » Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
XTC wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Who?

Devin Carter is in the Derrick White/Marcus Smart mold (minus the point guard skills) IMO. Measured well, and he killed it athletically at the combine (just set the combine record for 3/4 sprints).

Devin Carter has been by main guy from the beginning of this draft cycle. But I'm not sure he's a wing defender at the next level, though I'm fairly certain he'll be locking up guards.

Either way, the chances of him being on the board at #19 are zero so it doesn't make much sense discussing him.

Who else you got?

This is where dropping to #19 in the 16-19 range hurt.

At the end of the day may not matters that much but indeed some players coveted at #16 are less likely to be there at #19.

I think I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking a flyer with a draft riser or sleeper instead of hoping a magical player drop to #19.

I will do more research on Djurisic, Dadiet, Bub Carrington, Tyson , Flowers

I will also do more research on Jako’be Walter as he seems to drop a bit in the recent mocking.

As for pick #31, I am still intrigued by Ryan Dunn despite him potentially falling in the draft. Each time you can draft one player that excel on a certain element, it’s always tempting despite the flaws Or Klintman.

Obviously who we pick #19 will influence #31.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1113 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 5:49 pm

SpezNc wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
XTC wrote:
Devin Carter is in the Derrick White/Marcus Smart mold (minus the point guard skills) IMO. Measured well, and he killed it athletically at the combine (just set the combine record for 3/4 sprints).

Devin Carter has been by main guy from the beginning of this draft cycle. But I'm not sure he's a wing defender at the next level, though I'm fairly certain he'll be locking up guards.

Either way, the chances of him being on the board at #19 are zero so it doesn't make much sense discussing him.

Who else you got?

At the end of the day may not matters that much but indeed some people coveted at #16 are less likely to be there at #19.

I think I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking a flying with a draft riser or sleeper instead of hoping a magical player drop to #19.

I will also do more research on Jako’be Walter as he is seems to drop a bit in the recent mocking.

As for pick #31, I am still intrigued by Ryan Dunn despite him potentially falling in the draft. Each time you can draft one player that excel on a certain element, it’s always tempting despite the flaws Or Klintman.

I’m glad you mentioned Walter. If he’s there at 19 it will raise some serious eyebrows…

deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,882

Post#1114 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat May 18, 2024 6:13 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:For everyone that has been doing their homework on this draft, who are the high upside swings I should get to know at at 19?

Kel’el Ware
AJ Johnson
Tyler Smith
Yves Missi
Carlton Carrington
Johnny Furphy

Nikola Djurisic, Pacome Dadiet
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,409

Post#1115 » by XTC » Sat May 18, 2024 7:03 pm

SpezNc wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
XTC wrote:

Who else you got?

At the end of the day may not matters that much but indeed some players coveted at #16 are less likely to be there at #19.

I think I am starting to warm up to the idea of taking a flyer with a draft riser or sleeper instead of hoping a magical player drop to #19.

I will also do more research on Jako’be Walter as he seems to drop a bit in the recent mocking.

I'm pretty high on Ja'kobe Walter. I know his percentages are pretty low, but context matters. Majority of his shots where off the dribble/off screens vs catch and shoot situations(where he shot 44.8%), he has a growing dribble game and has flashed potential to hit shots off the dribble. I also like that he knows how to draw fouls, kid has a very pro game. I also like his defense, he's a solid man to man defender. Offensively in the NBA I see him very similiar to Buddy Hield, he's going to be more of a guy you use off screens/C&S situations. Baylor really relied heavily on Walter, and teams really clamped down on him in the second half of the season(He was on fire during the first 15 games). Walter is going to be a good NBA player. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's going to be an elite shooter at the next level. One of the things I look for is consistency in shooting form, Walter's form NEVER changes no matter the situation(close outs, catch and shoot, off screens, C&S).
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,769

Post#1116 » by DG88 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:26 pm

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba-draft-predictor-the-most-likely-pick-for-each-team/

For the second consecutive year, we’ll play the odds to predict which player each NBA team will select in the upcoming draft. To do this, we’ll use Draft Predictor, a new tool that factors in our Aggregated Mock Draft and our workout tracker to generate the probability of every player landing at each draft slot.

A more complete explanation from last year of how Draft Predictor works can be found here. In the meantime, enjoy the results, which will be updated several times a day until the night of the draft.

No. 19: Toronto
Devin Carter 20.1%
Tidjane Salaun 13.7%
Jared McCain 12.9%
Yves Missi 12.9%
Kyle Filipowski 12.3%

No. 31: Toronto
Bobi Klintman 17.3%
Ryan Dunn 16.6%
Tyler Kolek 11.7%
Kel'el Ware 11.0%
Carlton Carrington 10.5%
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,720

Post#1117 » by mademan » Sat May 18, 2024 7:31 pm

There's a lot to work with here. Would not mind him at 31 at all
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,087

Post#1118 » by Clutch0z24 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Masai Target is Salaun and if its looking like he will be picked before 19 Masai will be calling teams to move up....

We all know Masai falls in love with these kinds of players in the draft....Would be a good pick up especially since we lost our pick...Hes the biggest Boom/Bust in the draft but if he Booms than you got something added to our core.

If we were to get a top pick in next years draft as well having BBQ/Dick/Salaun + Another top 5 player in next years draft...Id say we would be positioned as one of the best young teams in the league.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1119 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 7:33 pm

Someone’s going to have to sell me on Salaun, but on something more than potential. I’m not seeing it with him.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,087

Post#1120 » by Clutch0z24 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:38 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Someone’s going to have to sell me on Salaun, but on something more than potential. I’m not seeing it with him.

Its just like Barnes...Not many on the board saw much in Barnes before the draft but a role player....Its his Size/Length that Masai fell in love with....We all know Masai will target this stylistic player when they pop up in the draft....But yeah its a Boom/Bust type pick...Could be close to as good as Barnes or could be the next DJ Wilson.

Return to Toronto Raptors