ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Would You Want The Raptors To Go After Ingram?

Yes
27%
No
56%
Not Sure
18%

Total votes: 108

Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,995

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#101 » by Merit » Wed May 15, 2024 3:44 pm

KrazyP wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Merit wrote:
I think Jak is an ideal centre on a contending team. He doesn't need touches, moves the ball well, and plays solid defence.

Lakers, dallas etc

Idk what these teams are doing.

Last year it was fred, this year:

These teams should have overpaid and begged us for a brown + jakub combo.

Elite glue guys.

…. Good luck to dallas waiting 3 years for lively lmao

Mavs are doing just fine. Since trading for Gafford and Washington, their defense now looks top tier and Doncic/Irving can run a high octane offense pretty much on their own. If Doncic wasnt playing hurt, I could see them in the Finals.

Dallas made some great trades for Gafford and Washington. They also have Jones and Green as big wings who can play defense.

The concept of elite glue guys having value is sound though. Just not sure Dallas needs our guys. If they give us a first for brown given jones is a free agent I’m game.

Something like Kleber, Powell, OMP for Brown and a future second?
I believe in Masai.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,862

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#102 » by dTox » Wed May 15, 2024 3:55 pm

Nah
TBZ for the win
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,152

Post#103 » by ontnut » Wed May 15, 2024 4:47 pm

Ingram is like some weird mix of Pascal's mid range scoring, above average distributing and subpar defence + OG's 3pt shooting and injury-related availability.

Guy hasn't played more than 64 games since his ROOKIE season. You'd be trading for 3/4ths of an all star on a $36m deal who will likely be looking for a raise. The likelihood is he's a 1 year rental, so even if it only cost us Brown, Boucher and a pick, I'm not sure I'd give up a pick for a 60 game rental on this team. Even if it was just for Brown and Boucher, I'm not sure I'd do it...why take away from RJ and Barnes touches?
Flush
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#104 » by Flush » Wed May 15, 2024 5:16 pm

B.I. also seems most effective having the ball in his hands so you're essentially taking possessions away from Scottie and although IQ can be more off-ball it doesn't necessarily mean he can't be the one bringing the ball up the court to set the play
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,936

Post#105 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 pm

ontnut wrote:Ingram is like some weird mix of Pascal's mid range scoring, above average distributing and subpar defence + OG's 3pt shooting and injury-related availability.

Guy hasn't played more than 64 games since his ROOKIE season. You'd be trading for 3/4ths of an all star on a $36m deal who will likely be looking for a raise. The likelihood is he's a 1 year rental, so even if it only cost us Brown, Boucher and a pick, I'm not sure I'd give up a pick for a 60 game rental on this team. Even if it was just for Brown and Boucher, I'm not sure I'd do it...why take away from RJ and Barnes touches?

And that is a great summary of why he’s on the trade block
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#106 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 15, 2024 5:59 pm

ontnut wrote:Ingram is like some weird mix of Pascal's mid range scoring, above average distributing and subpar defence + OG's 3pt shooting and injury-related availability.

There's some Demar in there.

I could see him ending up in Philly because they have cap space, Maxey and Embiid (on a clock) and a flawed but talented wing would make sense. He's certainly better than Oubre, who did well for them.
Where's the D?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#107 » by Pointgod » Wed May 15, 2024 6:00 pm

Pass on Ingram for the reasons above, plus I’m pretty sure the Pelicans won’t sell low on him either.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,152

Post#108 » by ontnut » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 pm

Ell Curry wrote:

I could see him ending up in Philly because they have cap space, Maxey and Embiid (on a clock) and a flawed but talented wing would make sense. He's certainly better than Oubre, who did well for them.

A 1 year tryout in Philly would make a lot of sense. They're already so health-luck dependent anyway. If it fails, they can let him leave and try again lol
Merit
Head Coach

Post#109 » by Merit » Wed May 15, 2024 9:41 pm

ontnut wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:

A 1 year tryout in Philly would make a lot of sense. They're already so health-luck dependent anyway. If it fails, they can let him leave and try again lol

There’s no demar in there if you’re speaking of injuries. Demar keeps his body well.

Ingram in Philly makes a world of sense. He would be forced to be a tertiary scorer and is better than oubre and would replace Tobias Harris.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#110 » by Merit » Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 pm

Pointgod wrote:Pass on Ingram for the reasons above, plus I’m pretty sure the Pelicans won’t sell low on him either.

He’s one of the least desirable free agent/trade possibilities for me.
I believe in Masai.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#111 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 pm

I would be open to it depending on the asking price AND if he's guaranteed to re-sign (and not at the max). I would trust Alex to manage his health better & this team still needs a guy who can create off the dribble by himself. I'm not saying I love the deal (as I would something for Trey Murphy) but I'm not totally against it tbh because I could honestly see us becoming a top 4-6ish team with a healthy BI, Scottie would be an easier fit as he's looking to pass and IQ is better as an off ball shooter which he really doesn't have in NOP. It's not amazing but I could see us being a bit more relevant with him on the squad.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Merit
Head Coach

Post#112 » by Merit » Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:I would be open to it depending on the asking price AND if he's guaranteed to re-sign (and not at the max). I would trust Alex to manage his health better & this team still needs a guy who can create off the dribble by himself. I'm not saying I love the deal (as I would something for Trey Murphy) but I'm not totally against it tbh.

Fair take. Like you, I’d be more interested in Herb Jones and TM3.
I believe in Masai.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#113 » by Pointgod » Wed May 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Merit wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Pass on Ingram for the reasons above, plus I’m pretty sure the Pelicans won’t sell low on him either.

He’s one of the least desirable free agent/trade possibilities for me.

Not for our team anyways. Don’t see the upside other than for our front office to rush things.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#114 » by Scase » Wed May 15, 2024 10:08 pm

TGM wrote:Honestly people saying no to Ingram are the same ones that said no to KD, no to Mitchell, to Gobert etc…

I think the acquisition cost for Ingram isn’t too high so worth taking a chance. The deal would probably cost Jakob and Brown as the key pieces. I think it’s worth the risk as we lack a legit alpha scorer. Maybe we bring back JV on a short 3 year deal. If there is a way to get Ingram with out putting in Jakob even better. As having the C depth with JV and Kelly would be key. However, I think Pel’s would insist on Jakob as they badly need a defensive Center

First of all, you have zero clue like any of us, as to what his cost is. So you cannot say "it's not too high".

Second, people said no to KD for the same reason (to a lesser extent) as they are saying no to BI, the team has no depth. Anything we need to send to pay for BI, will gut this pathetic roster even more. Not to mention, BI is basically Siakam with injury issues. Hard **** pass on another player with that skill set on slightly better efficiency. He has suited up for 477 of a possible 636 games, that's precisely 75%, and that's only going to get worse with time.

The only way I'd be open to trading for him, was a 1:1 RJ for BI trade. Which NOP would never do for a litany of reasons.
Props TZ!
Scase
RealGM

Post#115 » by Scase » Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 pm

agkagk wrote:
Merit wrote:
agkagk wrote:
I agree to an extent

And my gut says jakub is a championship level centre

But playing devils advicate: the free agent market is trash but loaded with centres.

Hark, jv, clax, gafford plus about a dozen more recognizable players.

If the offseason breaks wrong and we tank— flip jakub for a pick in the 20s and another abaji level prospect.

And just overpay hark 22 x 2 or something

Fwiw: i think masai wants to win asap and sees jakub as a building block.

I think Jak is an ideal centre on a contending team. He doesn't need touches, moves the ball well, and plays solid defence.

Lakers, dallas etc

Elite glue guys.

Yeah Dallas you idiots, way to go getting a much cheaper centre option and being 2 games away from an WCF birth over the top team in the west. Morons, you could've had Jak and Brown, how do you even sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone 25-57 with no lotto pick
Props TZ!
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,302

Post#116 » by mrdressup » Wed May 15, 2024 10:22 pm

JV is no upgrade on Poeltl. Ingram would be a move towards mediocrity. Like it or not we have to go young and suck one more year, minimum.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,012
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#117 » by will » Wed May 15, 2024 10:23 pm

mrdressup wrote:JV is no upgrade on Poeltl. Ingram would be a move towards mediocrity. Like it or not we have to go young and suck one more year, minimum.

Ayo. Pause.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,920

Post#118 » by agkagk » Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Scase wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Merit wrote:

Lakers, dallas etc

Elite glue guys.

Yeah Dallas you idiots, way to go getting a much cheaper centre option and being 2 games away from an WCF birth over the top team in the west. Morons, you could've had Jak and Brown, how do you even sleep at night.

Theyre not winning **** before kyie is washed.

the league is wide open right now.

And dallas is just another pretender with each foot in an opposite pool.

Also brown is too short to be effective next to a kyrie/luka backcourt…. But you get my point…. Pick a lane, play to win.

Too many gm’s are too focused on their 3 year cost projections.

If you trade for kyrie and you have luka — surround them with veteran role players and legitimately try to win 100% right now.

Its pathetic, they put a gafford bandaid on. Watch their window close the next 2 years.

Like you telling me for example:

kyrie luka josh green kelly o and jakub

isnt a legit title contender and would have cost them little more then lively, dwight Powell, other salary filler and maybe a late first.

They chose livelys development over being a legit contender.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,628

Post#119 » by Ackshun » Wed May 15, 2024 11:50 pm

TGM wrote:Honestly people saying no to Ingram are the same ones that said no to KD, no to Mitchell, to Gobert etc…

I said hell yeah to Mitchell, at the right price.

I said yeah to KD, at the right price.

I said no Gobert because I didn’t see the fit with Scottie/Pascal/OG, or whoever would remain.

I’m saying no to Ingram because it’s irresponsible management and I’ve had enough of that from this head office in the last few years.

I’d do Klay on 3 years though. I think his defense will bounce back to a decent point, and the switch ability on D with RJ and Barnes would be alright. His defensive rating was pretty bad in 24 though but somehow, GTj was even. worse. It’s slim pickings out here.
Scase
RealGM

Post#120 » by Scase » Thu May 16, 2024 1:30 am

agkagk wrote:
Scase wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Lakers, dallas etc

Elite glue guys.

Theyre not winning **** before kyie is washed.

the league is wide open right now.

And dallas is just another pretender with each foot in an opposite pool.

Also brown is too short to be effective next to a kyrie/luka backcourt…. But you get my point…. Pick a lane, play to win.

Too many gm’s are too focused on their 3 year cost projections.

If you trade for kyrie and you have luka — surround them with veteran role players and legitimately try to win 100% right now.

Its pathetic, they put a gafford bandaid on. Watch their window close the next 2 years.

Like you telling me for example:

kyrie luka josh green kelly o and jakub

isnt a legit title contender and would have cost them little more then lively, dwight Powell, other salary filler and maybe a late first.

They chose livelys development over being a legit contender.

Lmao you think Bruce Brown and Jak are what keeps them from being a legit contender? I cant even with some of the stuff I read on here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors