ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Shopping Brown [Source]

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,741

Re: Raptors Shopping Brown [Source] 

Post#121 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:54 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
earth007 wrote:So they didn't want to trade him for a 2024 first round pick, because it is a weak draft. But, now they would be happy to trade him to move up in the draft? This FO keeps taking Ls left and right.

It's not because it was a weak draft, they potentially could've had 3 draft picks within the first 31, 4 picks from 1 draft makes little sense

I thought a first wasn't offered by anyone

There's a rumour somewhere of a Fournier + 24 1st for brown from the Knicks

In Raptor Ball I Trust
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,433

Post#122 » by ItsDanger » Sat May 18, 2024 5:06 pm

Should have just taken the NY '24 1st. Maybe there are other possibilities that we don't know but this waiting for max return tactic should be viewed on a cumulative basis during this phase. Just clean the slate and start fresh. This notion of more than 2 rookies is too many is utter BS. Management needs to take some risks.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,148

Post#123 » by LarSiN » Sat May 18, 2024 5:11 pm

MikeM wrote:We will get nothing

The sky is falling!
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#124 » by SpezNc » Sat May 18, 2024 5:16 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Goal should be to get another 25' pick I just have a hard time seeing a team do it

The only way to get a 2025 pick IMO would be with massive protection like top 20 otherwise pick does not convey or convey for a future 2nd rounder . But even then it’s easier said than done IMO.

Would you do pick #19 and Brown for Filler + 2025 pick lottery protected?
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,924

Post#125 » by djsunyc » Sat May 18, 2024 5:19 pm

earth007 wrote:So they didn't want to trade him for a 2024 first round pick, because it is a weak draft. But, now they would be happy to trade him to move up in the draft? This FO keeps taking Ls left and right.

12 years, 478 posts and one of them is to make up a scenario just to drop a "FO keeps taking Ls" line.
Landomar
Bench Warmer
And1: 379

Post#126 » by Landomar » Sat May 18, 2024 5:36 pm

My prediction with Brown is that we pick up his team option, and then re-evaluate around the trade deadline. In general, I'm actually not expecting us to make many moves this summer. My guess is we let Trent walk, draft two guys, sign an UDFA, sign a mediocre backup with part of the MLE, and call it a day.

Example where we get Ware (19), Simpson (31), and Mogbo (UDFA). I'll also slot in Delon Wright as an example of a random backup that we might add

Quickley / *Wright / *Simpson
Barrett / Brown / Freeman-Liberty
Agbaji / Dick / McDaniels
Barnes / Olynyk / *Mogbo
Poeltl / *Ware / Boucher

That's not a lot of turnover compared to the end of the season, but it's a huge amount of turnover compared to the start of last season. Masai and Bobby generally like to be very patient and evaluate things, so it wouldn't surprise me if they want to see these guys play for a bit before making the next big move.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,988

Post#127 » by refshateRaps » Sat May 18, 2024 5:36 pm

LarSiN wrote:
MikeM wrote:We will get nothing

The sky is falling!

It already fell. That's why we have Brown
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,489

Post#128 » by tdotrep2 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:53 pm

If we do manage to get another pick this year, I wonder if Masai looks to package it with 19 to move up
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,628

Post#129 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Will contenders judge Brown's value by his run in Denver a year ago or by his disappointing play in Toronto? I'm not sure how he was even playing in Indy before the trade.

Indiana fans want him back if it's possible. He started practically every game for them when they were achieving all the early season success.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,930

Post#130 » by WuTang_OG » Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

SpezNc wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Goal should be to get another 25' pick I just have a hard time seeing a team do it

The only way to get a 2025 pick IMO would be with massive protection like top 20 otherwise pick does not convey or convey for a future 2nd rounder . But even then it’s easier said than done IMO.

swap 19 for 31. If Knicks still interested I would do a deal with Bogdan
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,489

Post#131 » by Cyrus » Sat May 18, 2024 7:07 pm

Raps trade brown, Pacers first 2025, 2nds for L Dort

Or any other "vet" team Canada member ;)

Otherwise we can prob get A couple 2nds for brown
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 596

Post#132 » by SpezNc » Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
SpezNc wrote:

swap 19 for 31. If Knicks still interested I would do a deal with Bogdan

Sold
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#133 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 9:35 pm

I'd trade Brown for any pick in the 8-14 range of this draft and pretty much any FRP in next year's draft.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 548

Post#134 » by CazOnReal » Sat May 18, 2024 10:00 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:If we do manage to get another pick this year, I wonder if Masai looks to package it with 19 to move up

Depends on the pick but i'm pretty sure we will given their "you don't draft 3 rookies" comment the FO made.

I'm guessing 2016 doesn't count because Fred was a UDFA (How you explain 2021...I don't know, maybe they meant 1st rounders?) but I digress. If nothing else, moving up to, say, 12th is probably going to mean less of a cap hit/hold than drafting 2 rookies.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,509

Post#135 » by Spida888 » Sat May 18, 2024 10:25 pm

I could be wrong, but don't think Brown can net a FRP unless we're also taking back a bad contract. Otherwise, one would think he would have already been traded last deadline.

If we plan on letting Trent walk, then we may be better off waiving Brown as well to get ~29M in cap space. It's more enticing for tax teams to have us absorb their players into our cap space to instantly save them money in exchange for prospects/picks.

Brown's team option is due by June 29th, a few days before the draft on June 26-27. Maybe the FO will be busy trying to trade him on draft night. If there's a framework we like, we pick up the option.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#136 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Spida888 wrote:I could be wrong, but don't think Brown can net a FRP unless we're also taking back a bad contract. Otherwise, one would think he would have already been traded last deadline.

If we plan on letting Trent walk, then we may be better off waiving Brown as well to get ~29M in cap space. It's more enticing for tax teams to have us absorb their players into our cap space to instantly save them money in exchange for prospects/picks.

Brown's team option is due by June 29th, a few days before the draft on June 26-27. Maybe the FO will be busy trying to trade him on draft night. If there's a framework we like, we pick up the option.

I have no doubt that we're picking up his option one way or the other.

They will try to find a trade whether it's at the draft or deadline but they know Bruce still holds some level of "cache". I've still heard several of those talking heads shows mention how DEN misses Brown from their rotation and I'm sure there's still Playoff teams that believe he could be a useful player that plays well off of star players but that's the real issue.

The FO just may have to accept that the pick would be in THIS draft and not 25'. I believe they were offered 24' picks probably from more than one team but there were rumours that our FO was pushing to get a pick in next year's one but no one bit. The hope has to be that one one of MEM (although I believe it's Poeltl that they may want, not Bruce for that price), CHI, SAC would be willing to part with their 24' 1st in order to be "more competitive" next year. If not, it's whether or not they're willing to accept a later 24' 1st & an equal expiring. Personally push comes to shove, I'd still do a trade for a late 1st as long as what's being sent back is expiring as well but they can't let Bruce walk for nothing or wait until the deadline then be offered a couple of 2nds just for the sake of.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 732

Post#137 » by TGM » Sun May 19, 2024 3:35 am

No doubt we pick up the option. This team is trying to improve and play versus tank. No reason they don’t keep a guy like Brown for depth. Can always trade him at anytime
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,433

Post#138 » by ItsDanger » Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 am

PhilBlackson wrote:I'd trade Brown for any pick in the 8-14 range of this draft and pretty much any FRP in next year's draft.

I trade him for a pick in the 20s in this draft. It's not easy to trade that contract if exercised. But get rid of it for whatever value you can get. Hoping for a pick in 16-25 range in '25 draft may not be realistic with so few interested teams.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,920

Post#139 » by agkagk » Sun May 19, 2024 4:55 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
agkagk wrote:Brown + boucher + #19 for wiggIns and moody.

We can also take on the dead salary of GP3 into the TPE, and flip the #19 for #31.

GSW will be able to duck the tax, resign Klay + get the full MLE

Brown + Boucher + #31 + TPE
for
Wiggins + Moody + GP3

Steph / Podz
Klay / Brown
Kuminga / {MLE}
Draymond / Boucher
Looney / TJD

Ya i and 1’ed this.

I suspect the true fair value is somewhere in between our 2 offers.

As someone else already replied, to paraphrase; moody probably has slightly negative value.

The reason i went with the 19th pick vs say 31st and a future pick destined to be in the 20es is because:

At the deadline there were reports that milwaukee offered bobby portis and a first for wiggins.

Boucher is a poor mans portis and both would be perfect fits in gstate.

Figured we need to offer more than portis + 25th-ish pick.

Long story short, i expect half the league to be in on wiggins.

This board is insane. Lol

Our two biggest organization needs:

Ensuring quick learns to execute in the half court.

Insulate barnes and rj and nurture one of them into a high end closer.

Getting more lottery picks is the opposite of this folks!

Spoiler warning: brown was the siakam salary ballast were going to use as a salary ballast to trade for a siakam level player that will work better with our core 3.

Surprise! Lol

Edit: for example id take 60 games from a one legged jimmy butler over a top 5 pick any day.

Scottie: heres how preparation, intensity and sacrifice look and feel like.

Rj: youre cut from the same cloth. Let jimmy show you how to assert yourself and use your voice in the locker room.

Our core 25 not 20.

Its time to learn to win
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,920

Post#140 » by agkagk » Sun May 19, 2024 5:35 am

LarSiN wrote:
agkagk wrote:Brown + boucher + #19 for wiggIns and moody.

Also an overpay

Idk there was a rumor at the trade deadline:

Bucks offered portis and a first for wiggins.

Figure we need to at least beat that offer.

Also figure, half the league is going to kick the tires on wiggins.

Edit: Sounds like i perceived moody as having some positive value whereas others on this board gave some good points explaining that moody probably has slightly negative value.

I figure he fits our timeline, and ideology — young, shooter, super tall guard, elite length.

Dick/acbaji/moody + kelly and a veteran pg — sounds like a bench!

Return to Toronto Raptors