ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

will
RealGM
And1: 49,984
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#1881 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 am

Merit wrote:
will wrote:
Public_Enemy101 wrote:Can Bruce get us a pick?

The realer question is whether it was Bruce or Blake?

Please explain

Google Bruce Brown Blake Griffin.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,978

Post#1882 » by Merit » Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 am

will wrote:
Merit wrote:
will wrote:
The realer question is whether it was Bruce or Blake?

Please explain

Send help. Send links. All I get is bromance.
I believe in Masai.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1883 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 12:59 am

Merit wrote:
will wrote:
Merit wrote:
Please explain

Literally just google Bruce Brown Blake Griffin.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,978

Post#1884 » by Merit » Mon May 13, 2024 1:55 am

will wrote:
Merit wrote:
will wrote:

Maybe your google and mine are different. It’s a dude saying literally the same thing you are. So feel free to explain or send a link. I’m also good with moving on.
I believe in Masai.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,780

Post#1885 » by Fairview4Life » Mon May 13, 2024 2:01 am

Merit wrote:
will wrote:
Merit wrote:

Maybe your google and mine are different. It’s a dude saying literally the same thing you are. So feel free to explain or send a link. I’m also good with moving on.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/fact-check-is-bruce-brown-jr-lana-rhoades-baby-daddy
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
will
RealGM

Post#1886 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 am

Merit wrote:
will wrote:
Merit wrote:

Bruce Brown is allegedly the father. Not Blake!
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,178

Post#1887 » by The Duke » Mon May 13, 2024 2:07 am

Lose Trent = meh
Bruce = won’t bring us back anything great in return
Free Agents = Dennis Schroder quality

Were in for another lottery season, it’s just a question of what our 2025 draft odds will be.
will
RealGM

Post#1888 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 am

The Duke wrote:Lose Trent = meh
Bruce = won’t bring us back anything great in return
Free Agents = Dennis Schroder quality

Were in for another lottery season, it’s just a question of what our 2025 draft odds will be.

Or whether Masai trades away a FRP.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,178

Post#1889 » by The Duke » Mon May 13, 2024 2:10 am

ItsDanger wrote:Easiest way to increase chances for a tank next season is to trade Poeltl and start a rookie C.

I’d be looking to make this trade, may be like top 20 protected 1st.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,466

Post#1890 » by KrazyP » Mon May 13, 2024 3:33 am

mdenny wrote:
Merit wrote:
mdenny wrote:

If we can it would be 1 of 2 things:

1 injuries (followed by intentional tanking

Or

2 scotty, iq, rj and dick massively disappoint. I really don't understand the theory "I want our current draft picks to fail miserably so we get another draft pick" but that's the whole mystery box/mystery spin logic in a nutshell.

3) we trade Poeltl and have no proper bigs

Even with no proper bigs.....if our players in their 20s can't win 30 games.....then the problem is much more existential. We have like 5 players (?) Drafted in the top 20 over the past 5 years and two of them were top 5.

If they can't get more than 30 wins....the our problems are daunting. Putting all your hopes in another mystery spin of the big wheel is just a weird logic. The much better chance for this team is for all our prospects to continue improving. And it's impossible for that to happen simultaneous with a 25 win season.

Tank or no tank.....young players develop better in environments with proper roster structure. If you trade Poeltl, there should be a plan in place to add a servicable C to the roster (Olynyk or a random rookie isnt it).
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,621

Post#1891 » by mdenny » Mon May 13, 2024 3:45 am

KrazyP wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Merit wrote:
3) we trade Poeltl and have no proper bigs

Even with no proper bigs.....if our players in their 20s can't win 30 games.....then the problem is much more existential. We have like 5 players (?) Drafted in the top 20 over the past 5 years and two of them were top 5.

If they can't get more than 30 wins....the our problems are daunting. Putting all your hopes in another mystery spin of the big wheel is just a weird logic. The much better chance for this team is for all our prospects to continue improving. And it's impossible for that to happen simultaneous with a 25 win season.

Tank or no tank.....young players develop better in environments with proper roster structure. If you trade Poeltl, there should be a plan in place to add a servicable C to the roster (Olynyk or a random rookie isnt it).

Yep...and that's a part of the video game psychology. That everything else remains constant (including prospect development) during a 25 win season.

Those seasons can take a prospect out. Or they lose their perceived value.

It's incoherent to hope that raps win 25 games while all their prospects continue developing/improving. In which case....you are just replacing lottery picks from the past 5 years with new lottery picks because it's so exhilarating to spin that wheel again. The whole thing is a mug's game.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,356

Post#1892 » by UnderdogRaptors » Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 am

Tank blown up :(
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,153

Post#1893 » by DelAbbot » Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:Tank blown up :(

We are just getting started
RealGM
And1: 66,561

Post#1894 » by 720 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 am

Gary isn’t coming back I don’t think, trade Brown at the deadline, trade Poeltl, trade Olynik. Tank.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,779

Post#1895 » by metafisical » Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 am

720 wrote:Gary isn’t coming back I don’t think, trade Brown at the deadline, trade Poeltl, trade Olynik. Tank.

For our medium and long term success, this would be best. However, we have very fickle, short-term gratification owners, fans and media. Mediocrity is preferable to them than a couple of extra years of suffering in exchange for 10 extra seasons of sustainable success.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1896 » by mdenny » Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 am

It's actually hilarious for everyone that was BEGGING TO PLEASE GIVE SCOTTY THE KEYS that they don't think his team can win more than 25 games when he has the keys in his fourth nba season.

Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

Which player on a bottom 5 nba team is trending to be a great player in his 4th season?

If scotty was so great and had so much potential....why did the expectations for a team that he was the primary engine of the offense fall so low?

The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

Here's a dose of reality for you. If scotty can't lead the team to 30 or more wins this season....then he is not nearly as good as you thought.

I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

Newsflash. There are very big expectations of scotty this upcoming season. It's his fourth year before a max extension. He BETTER produce wins.

"Look how his face radiates sunshine when he smiles. Are you serious? Lol.

Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

This season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.
will
RealGM

Post#1897 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 12:19 pm

mdenny wrote:It's actually hilarious for everyone that was BEGGING TO PLEASE GIVE SCOTTY THE KEYS that they don't think his team can win more than 25 games when he has the keys in his fourth nba season.

Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

Which player on a bottom 5 nba team is trending to be a great player in his 4th season?

If scotty was so great and had so much potential....why did the expectations for a team that he was the primary engine of the offense fall so low?

The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

Here's a dose of reality for you. If scotty can't lead the team to 30 or more wins this season....then he is not nearly as good as you thought.

I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

Newsflash. There are very big expectations of scotty this upcoming season. It's his fourth year before a max extension. He BETTER produce wins.

Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

This season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.

Already pissed away two seasons with 2 faux first options. That was the time to pair Scottish with a talent in via a lottery pick.

But nope. Here we are. Paying for it.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#1898 » by Vampirate » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am

mdenny wrote:It's actually hilarious for everyone that was BEGGING TO PLEASE GIVE SCOTTY THE KEYS that they don't think his team can win more than 25 games when he has the keys in his fourth nba season.

Well

- Barnes was our only blue chip prospect that has shown flashes that he can be at least a very good playmaker and was a better scorer than what we all thought going into the draft.

- Yes, we believed, but we also needed to see it as well. If Barnes was not capable, then we needed to draft a player who is.

- Barnes was basically handed the keys very late season, and then soon after he got injured.

- Considering last year it took basically everything to go wrong to get 25 wins (roster upheaval, overall talent traded, hilarious amount of the starting rotation not playing at the same time) I think it's actually not likely we'll be a 25 win team again.

High chance this team wins at least 35 wins next year, we aren't getting a high draft pick most likely.

mdenny wrote:Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

I'll repeat, even before all the trades we sucked, our offense was bad. When Gradey Dick was our best player on the floor for about 15 games we sunk like a stone. Barnes played 60 games and was 'given the keys for only about 10 of them' then he got injured.

mdenny wrote:The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

I agree with you on this, if were in the position to receive a top 6 pick again, something went wrong.

mdenny wrote:I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

I highly doubt were a 25 win team next year, but like with the Siakam era, you need at least 2 real stars to get comfortably in the playoffs. Otherwise mediocrity awaits, hence why people are clamouring for another high draft pick, but high chance it's not happening.

mdenny wrote:Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

Any top 5 pick will have the same pressure.

mdenny wrote:Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

Be very clear mean what you mean by results. 35 wins? 40 wins?

Anyways the fanbase may get grumpy with Barnes but Masai is public enemy number 1 at this point.

mdenny wrote:In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

Sure, let's hold it against Barnes that he never got to play with Kawhi, Gasol etc

I also should ask, do you think this team wins 25 games next year?

On the real what do you think Barnes potential is, and what do you think about the player he is today?

Ands don't give me 'not the player Masai thinks he is', give me something concrete.

Personally i'm more optimistic going from year 3 to 4 than from year 2 to 3.

I can see Barnes taking another leap just as much as I can see him plateauing, he's very hard to pin down in terms of potential.

On the one hand there's questions on his scoring, on the other it's not everyday where you'll get a player who can average 20/8/6/1.5/1.3 (rounding), his potential is quite unknown

mdenny wrote:IThis season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.

Obviously Scottie is a winning player, the real one is 'is Scottie a Franchise player?'
mdenny
Head Coach

Post#1899 » by mdenny » Wed May 15, 2024 9:08 am

Vampirate wrote:

Well

- Barnes was our only blue chip prospect that has shown flashes that he can be at least a very good playmaker and was a better scorer than what we all thought going into the draft.

- Yes, we believed, but we also needed to see it as well. If Barnes was not capable, then we needed to draft a player who is.

- Barnes was basically handed the keys very late season, and then soon after he got injured.

- Considering last year it took basically everything to go wrong to get 25 wins (roster upheaval, overall talent traded, hilarious amount of the starting rotation not playing at the same time) I think it's actually not likely we'll be a 25 win team again.

High chance this team wins at least 35 wins next year, we aren't getting a high draft pick most likely.

mdenny wrote:Exactly how long were the scotty brigade expecting it to be that he was a great player?

I'll repeat, even before all the trades we sucked, our offense was bad. When Gradey Dick was our best player on the floor for about 15 games we sunk like a stone. Barnes played 60 games and was 'given the keys for only about 10 of them' then he got injured.

mdenny wrote:The whole thing is absurd and hilarious.

I agree with you on this, if were in the position to receive a top 6 pick again, something went wrong.

mdenny wrote:I can't help but perceive all this rhetoric (from the secret chatboard people) to anticipate the expectations of scotty.

I highly doubt were a 25 win team next year, but like with the Siakam era, you need at least 2 real stars to get comfortably in the playoffs. Otherwise mediocrity awaits, hence why people are clamouring for another high draft pick, but high chance it's not happening.

mdenny wrote:Scotty is under pressure and no tactical ploy produced by secret chatrooms is gonna alleviate it. It's time for scotty to produce results.

Any top 5 pick will have the same pressure.

mdenny wrote:Siakam, fred and OG are all producing positive results where they went. If scotty doesn't produce results this season....ppl are gonna turn on him very quickly. He will be identified as the problem before our team was blown up.

Be very clear mean what you mean by results. 35 wins? 40 wins?

Anyways the fanbase may get grumpy with Barnes but Masai is public enemy number 1 at this point.

mdenny wrote:In year 3 of their careers.....fred and siakam made historical contributions to our chip run and in their 4th years, became solid starters for a team that became a 2nd overall seed in the league. But scotty's year 4 is a tank year winning sub 25 games? Stop this madness.

Sure, let's hold it against Barnes that he never got to play with Kawhi, Gasol etc

I also should ask, do you think this team wins 25 games next year?

On the real what do you think Barnes potential is, and what do you think about the player he is today?

Ands don't give me 'not the player Masai thinks he is', give me something concrete.

Personally i'm more optimistic going from year 3 to 4 than from year 2 to 3.

I can see Barnes taking another leap just as much as I can see him plateauing, he's very hard to pin down in terms of potential.

On the one hand there's questions on his scoring, on the other it's not everyday where you'll get a player who can average 20/8/6/1.5/1.3 (rounding), his potential is quite unknown

mdenny wrote:IThis season, the question "is scotty a winning player or not" will be answered by his performance.

Obviously Scottie is a winning player, the real one is 'is Scottie a Franchise player?'

Oh it's obvious that scotty is a winning player eh? That is not obvious at all. It will be obvious after his team wins. I suspect we will win because i actually have faith in scotty. I'm expecting a 7 or 8 seed so a play-in team.

Anyone expecting a 25 win season who ALSO thinks scotty is a great player? Well that makes zero sense. They don't actually believe in scotty. And they are probably the secret chatroom ppl.
will
RealGM

Post#1900 » by will » Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am

Scottish completely freed from the faux first options.

I am incredibly excited to watch his continued development.

Return to Toronto Raptors