ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Would You Want The Raptors To Go After Ingram?

Yes
27%
No
55%
Not Sure
18%

Total votes: 105

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,849

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#41 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 pm

How exactly would we get Ingram? RJ package is most realistic with picks. It would feel like getting a slightly younger and better Siakam who’s injury prone.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,625

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#42 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 7:49 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:Imagine some crazy timeline where you DONT trade your FRP for Jak and just tank for a couple years then pick up JV instead. Nah, that would be silly.

Massive JV Stan here but that would be an awful signing for us. JV just isn’t very good defensively and I wouldn’t want to give him the offensive touches he needs to give you value. I honestly don’t know where he goes next. Maybe SA?

I would take keeping our pick and tanking for 2 years while picking him up this off season vs what we have done so far. The Jak trade was really the catalyst for how bad we've been lately. The fools gold that tricked Masai that is the old core, and he doubled down on it.

JV would be here not for defence, but having an actual stretch 5. He's virtually identical to Jak close to the rim, and he has a respectable 35% 3pt shot. Jaks defence isn't making or breaking this team, but practising with an actual stretch 5 is important, not a C that would have felt at home in the league 10-20 years ago.
Props TZ!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,708

Post#43 » by Psubs » Sun May 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Chris Boucher, Ochai Agbaji and McDaniels for Ingram and cash

They traded us a 1st pick to salary dump Kira Lewis which saved them only $5 million.

This trade saves New Orleans $16 million which would be the cash equivalent to two mid-late 1st picks.

WAIT, New Orleans gets Capela and Boucher and still saves $4 million.

New Orleans gets: Caplea and Boucher

Atlanta gets: Ochai Agbaji and McDaniels (waived)

Toronto gets: Brandon Ingram
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,013

Post#44 » by mieshpal » Sun May 12, 2024 8:03 pm

I would take Ingram, but not sure he fits with Barret and Quick as well

Sent from my Pixel 8 using RealGM mobile app
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#45 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:16 pm

Scase wrote:Imagine some crazy timeline where you DONT trade your FRP for Jak and just tank for a couple years then pick up JV instead. Nah, that would be silly.

Better yet, just tank for Wemby.
I believe in Masai.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#46 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:18 pm

Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Massive JV Stan here but that would be an awful signing for us. JV just isn’t very good defensively and I wouldn’t want to give him the offensive touches he needs to give you value. I honestly don’t know where he goes next. Maybe SA?

I would take keeping our pick and tanking for 2 years while picking him up this off season vs what we have done so far. The Jak trade was really the catalyst for how bad we've been lately. The fools gold that tricked Masai that is the old core, and he doubled down on it.

JV would be here not for defence, but having an actual stretch 5. He's virtually identical to Jak close to the rim, and he has a respectable 35% 3pt shot. Jaks defence isn't making or breaking this team, but practising with an actual stretch 5 is important, not a C that would have felt at home in the league 10-20 years ago.

There is zero need for JV returning in most any timeline. As for him being a stretch 5? No. We have Kelly who can actually shoot and slide over to the 5 at times.

Can we just stop with the bs revisionist history. We know why they chose to do it. It didn’t work out. Move tf on.
I believe in Masai.
Scase
RealGM

Post#47 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

There is zero need for JV returning in most any timeline. As for him being a stretch 5? No. We have Kelly who can actually shoot and slide over to the 5 at times.

Can we just stop with the bs revisionist history. We know why they chose to do it. It didn’t work out. Move tf on.

Olynk is not a 5, and he shoots it 2% better than JV. JV wouldn't have cost us a pick and saddled us with Ochai either.

I'm not saying it's THE move to make, I'm saying if we had to get a mid centre, at least get one that doesn't cost us anything but a little cap space, vs multiple picks and the ability to tank for wemby.
Props TZ!
Merit
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:

Olynk is not a 5, and he shoots it 2% better than JV. JV wouldn't have cost us a pick and saddled us with Ochai either.

I'm not saying it's THE move to make, I'm saying if we had to get a mid centre, at least get one that doesn't cost us anything but a little cap space, vs multiple picks and the ability to tank for wemby.

Please read my post you quoted again.
I believe in Masai.
Scase
RealGM

Post#49 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 pm

Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:

I read your post, I'm saying if Masai was so hard up for getting a mid centre, it could have been done without mortgaging our future. Obviously I'd rather have neither of them.
Props TZ!
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,198

Post#50 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:My issue is the injuries.

On top of that, we need to prioritize defense - arguably our greatest concern. Ingram doesn't address that.

i think at this moment, everything needs to be addressed. there is nothing that the current Raptors do exceptionally well.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:25 pm

Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:Olynk is not a 5, and he shoots it 2% better than JV. JV wouldn't have cost us a pick and saddled us with Ochai either.

I read your post, I'm saying if Masai was so hard up for getting a mid centre, it could have been done without mortgaging our future. Obviously I'd rather have neither of them.

Revisionist history. Please stop. Kelly is an infinitely more versatile big who’s a better shooter and is actually on our team. Nothing we can do about the past now. You’ve said the same points over and over and over again. Talk about mid discussion.
I believe in Masai.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#52 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:25 pm

Merit wrote:

being Masai after going going to see/scout Wemby, dude trades for Poeltl after coming back from France. :crazy: :crazy:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Merit
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Merit wrote:

being Masai after going going to see/scout Wemby, dude trades for Poeltl after coming back from France. :crazy: :crazy:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: blame Fred and Nick Nurse.
I believe in Masai.
Scase
RealGM

Post#54 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 pm

Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:

Revisionist history. Please stop. Kelly is an infinitely more versatile big who’s a better shooter and is actually on our team. Nothing we can do about the past now. You’ve said the same points over and over and over again. Talk about mid discussion.

And you just keep excusing the same garbage over and over, mid indeed.
Props TZ!
Merit
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Merit » Sun May 12, 2024 8:34 pm

Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:I read your post, I'm saying if Masai was so hard up for getting a mid centre, it could have been done without mortgaging our future. Obviously I'd rather have neither of them.

And you just keep excusing the same garbage over and over, mid indeed.

I’m not excusing anything. I wanted us to tank for Wemby. Instead of living in the past that I cannot change, I have moved on. I suggest you do too.
I believe in Masai.
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 440

Post#56 » by dublo7 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:35 am

hell no to Ingram.... might as well have Siakam back if you want BI. and yeah BI is worse than PS. JV maybe but if we go that way we might as well get Zach Edey
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#57 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 am

dublo7 wrote:hell no to Ingram.... might as well have Siakam back if you want BI. and yeah BI is worse than PS. JV maybe but if we go that way we might as well get Zach Edey

depends. but we already know Siakam and Barnes didn't work.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,509

Post#58 » by Tor_Raps » Tue May 14, 2024 3:12 am

Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:
Scase wrote:Olynk is not a 5, and he shoots it 2% better than JV. JV wouldn't have cost us a pick and saddled us with Ochai either.

We could have just tried to sign Hartenstein with the full MLE who I see being very similar to Poeltl. Neglecting the C spot for many years for no friggin reason just made Masai overreact. It's stupidity leading to further stupidity.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,509

Post#59 » by Tor_Raps » Tue May 14, 2024 3:13 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
dublo7 wrote:hell no to Ingram.... might as well have Siakam back if you want BI. and yeah BI is worse than PS. JV maybe but if we go that way we might as well get Zach Edey

depends. but we already know Siakam and Barnes didn't work.

Siakam is also about 4 years older and has shown he cant be that guy in crunch time. Ingram has shown he is that guy many times and even in the playoffs when healthy. Now that's the main problem with him is that he's very injury prone.
Scase
RealGM

Post#60 » by Scase » Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Scase wrote:
Merit wrote:

We could have just tried to sign Hartenstein with the full MLE who I see being very similar to Poeltl. Neglecting the C spot for many years for no friggin reason just made Masai overreact. It's stupidity leading to further stupidity.

Doubling down on bad moves is the FOs specialty it seems. Dude was making league min on a 1yr contract, it's not like it would've been hard to persuade him here.

I swear some people just can't fathom anything besides the poor moves by the FO as being an option.
Props TZ!

Return to Toronto Raptors