Spurs/Grizzlies/Bulls Trade Idea

Moderator: G R E Y

bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Spurs/Grizzlies/Bulls Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:41 am

I'm not sure if you guys have rules on posting trade ideas, so I'm sorry if I am violating any. I also realize that you guys are defending champs and probably aren't looking to make any trades. Thought I'd give it a try anyway...

That being said, there are two rules in trading Ben Wallace. Rule 1: A team will only take him if they are also getting Luol Deng or 2.) They will (maybe) take him if they are a contender. Rule two is met in this trade, I think.

Spurs Trade:
Brent Barry
Frabrico Oberto
Michael Finley
Francisco Elson
Jacque Vaughn
2008 1st

Spurs Receive
Ben Wallace
Juan Carlos-Navarro
Hakim Warrick
Adrian Griffin

Why for San Antonio?
I
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#2 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:18 am

we get back some decent pieces, but that would be trading way too many role players..we don't need a drastic change..
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#3 » by bullzman23 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:33 am

Here's a revised version.

Spurs Trade: Bonner, Barry, Oberto, Elson, Vaughn, 08 1st
Spurs Receive: Wallace, J.Curry, Warrick

Grizzlies Trade: Gasol, Navarro, and Warrick
Grizzlies Receive: Bonner, Noah, Sefolosha, Barry, Vaughn, 08 1st (Chi), 08 1st (SAS), 2010 1st (Chi)

Bulls Trade: Noah, Sefolosha, Wallace, Curry, 2 firsts
Bulls Receive: Gasol, Navarro, Oberto

With Horry returning back into form and getting ready for the playoffs its likely that Bonner's minutes will get reduced anyways. Barry is a rotation player, but he's not vital. You basically keep Finley and lose Navarro, but gain Curry who has looked promising. I think it's a pretty sweet deal for the Spurs.

Grizzlies lose a little capspace by having to keep Bonner, but he's not too expensive and will be tradeable soon. One poster argued that they were getting perhaps too much anyway.

www.theslickscript.com
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#4 » by Ballings7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:40 am

As much as I'd love Ben Wallace on this team (he's still a top defender, despite declining some), and like Warrick as an athletic hybrid foward 6th man - just too much of a change as a whole for this team.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
johnnyjohnnyjohnny
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#5 » by johnnyjohnnyjohnny » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm with Ballings, that's too much movement for a Spurs team that is not underperforming. I think we have all the required pieces... hopefully for the next few years, with our overseas and D-League prospects
*** Having a NICE NAVY DAY ***
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#6 » by co_laper » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:50 pm

It's not realistic. I mean if this was January 2007, it's possible the Spurs be interested in something like that.

We're coming off a championship. The team isn't exactly struggling because when healthy, we've shown that we're still the best. Plus guys like Finley signed less money here and is probably playing his last year and wanted to go out as a champion and for us to trade him and give away any hope of his of winning a title is just... i don't know what the word is.

If this was like a Fantasy league where character and everything else isn't important, then yeah i'd be all for it.

Ben Wallace would look great with Tim Duncan. We lost Oberto and Elson but we still go 2 deep at each position with Ben, Duncan, Bonner, and Horry.

Losing Finley and Barry hurts but if this was fantasy, i'd want Manu to play 34 minutes and the remaining minutes at PG and SG can all be given to Navarro.

Udoka and Bowen splits the SF position.

It's a deal that would make sense if we didn't win the championship and are struggling heavily for the season.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#7 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:13 pm

I still have a lot of hope for this team this year..we looked GREAT when we were healthy at the beginning of the season..so let's see where we are in the next month, hopefully injury-free..if we need a minor tweak, then we can make a move..
LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#8 » by LyMinh » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:34 pm

Let's trade for Ben Wallace.

Wouldn't touch that contract with a 50 foot pole.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,483

Post#9 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:35 pm

It isn't nba live... and honestly it would kill our chemistry. Right now we are in 1st place and everyone is looking at up at us. You don't make a trade or assist a trade just for the sake of trading.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#10 » by bullzman23 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:03 pm

Alright thanks guys. You all were polite, I appreciate that. Classy fans for a classy organization. Good luck on your season.

www.theslickscript.com
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,483

Post#11 » by Blame Rasho » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:13 pm

bullzman23 wrote:Alright thanks guys. You all were polite, I appreciate that. Classy fans for a classy organization. Good luck on your season.

Likewise :)

Return to San Antonio Spurs