Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,184

Re: Trade the Pick??? 

Post#61 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed May 15, 2024 5:47 pm

JRoy wrote:
zzaj wrote:
JRoy wrote:
POR could do worse.

I expect Shepherd and Salaun to bust. Dillingham probably too.

What about those 3 players screams "bust" to you?

The guards are tiny. Salaun is pretty raw.

Lots of players are raw at 18 but Salaun physically looks the part of an NBA forward and I think his shooting will end up being a strength. 80% free throw shooter is a great start and sign of things to come but I love his mechanics, he is quick, compact and high with his shot.

I take a shot on him having an OG Anunoby type development curve all day.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,659

Post#62 » by JRoy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:02 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
JRoy wrote:
zzaj wrote:
What about those 3 players screams "bust" to you?

Lots of players are raw at 18 but Salaun physically looks the part of an NBA forward and I think his shooting will end up being a strength. 80% free throw shooter is a great start and sign of things to come but I love his mechanics, he is quick, compact and high with his shot.

That would be great. Is that likely in your opinion?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#63 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed May 15, 2024 7:03 pm

JRoy wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
JRoy wrote:

That would be great. Is that likely in your opinion?

Who knows, draft is such a crapshoot especially for players in euro or different leagues. Its still so early I'm just throwing darts at the wall half blind.

I'm having trouble buying Holland or Williams still so maybe I'm just reaching for any alternative. Salaun has a lower ceiling than those two but I think he's more likely to develop into a good 4th/5th option whereas if Holland or Williams do not reach the Jaylen Brown/Paul George caliber scorer they may not be very good role players. Well I think Williams will be a fine shooter and Holland can probably find a DeAndre Hunter type role somewhere.

I still have him behind Risacher though. Salaun might have some trouble defending quicker SFs and really is more suited to the PF position whereas Risacher could do both.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,659

Post#64 » by JRoy » Wed May 15, 2024 7:05 pm

I am not optimistic about Williams or Holland. I think Edey will be a better pro than either but I liked Tacko Fall too.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 906

Post#65 » by Evil_Headband » Yesterday 8:03 pm

Bulls fan here. I'm curious what you think of the hypothetical trade of the #7 pick for the #11 pick plus your future first (or converted second) back. Also, how would your front office value getting back that future pick?
Butter
General Manager
And1: 137

Post#66 » by Butter » Yesterday 9:42 pm

Evil_Headband wrote:Bulls fan here. I'm curious what you think of the hypothetical trade of the #7 pick for the #11 pick plus your future first (or converted second) back. Also, how would your front office value getting back that future pick?

The Blazers only motivation to make a deal with the Bulls is to free up their future picks. Since the Blazers are not in a place to try to grab a star, I don't see a sense of urgency to make a trade with Chicago, especially to trade down in a weak draft.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 872

Post#67 » by tester551 » Yesterday 10:29 pm

Butter wrote:
Evil_Headband wrote:Bulls fan here. I'm curious what you think of the hypothetical trade of the #7 pick for the #11 pick plus your future first (or converted second) back. Also, how would your front office value getting back that future pick?

The Blazers only motivation to make a deal with the Bulls is to free up their future picks. Since the Blazers are not in a place to try to grab a star, I don't see a sense of urgency to make a trade with Chicago, especially to trade down in a weak draft.

I don't agree with the valuation that you are placing on the pick owed to Chicago.

The pick is LP until '28 (which is a long time away). I guess anything is possible, but the Blazers have no intention on being bad that long. Id bet that they make the playoffs in either '27 or '28....
meaning the pick is worth #15 - 18 one of those two years.

The other consideration Portland has to make is that the debt may invalidate the pick swap with Milwaukee in '28. How bad would it suck if Portland finally makes the playoffs again & gets the #17 pick (which gets sent to Chicago), while the Bucks get the #8 pick? If the debt with Chicago is paid - the Blazers can make the swap and get the better pick.

Having said all that, the swap proposed by the Bulls fan would be highly dependent upon who is available at that point. If Sarr, Rishesaer, Holland, are all gone (and maybe Castle, & Buzelius) -> then yeah, I'll trade down.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 935

Post#68 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Yesterday 11:21 pm

Wizards fan here... Are you guys interested in moving up to 2?

Would you consider a complete draft swap?

Our picks 2, 26, 51 for yours 7, 14, 34, 40 ?
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,885

Post#69 » by Norm2953 » Today 1:05 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Wizards fan here... Are you guys interested in moving up to 2?

Your board has discussed this. I don't know if Portland values Clingan enough to trade up for
and if Sarr were there at 2, the Wizards would take him.

I do think Portland would take him at 7 for he's a relatively safe pick, which protects the team
if they decide to allow Ayton to enter free agency after the 2026 season.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#70 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Today 1:57 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Wizards fan here... Are you guys interested in moving up to 2?

Oh tough decision. Ok I accept immediately. Happy with Risacher or Sarr.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#71 » by BlazersBroncos » Today 5:02 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

Oh tough decision. Ok I accept immediately. Happy with Risacher or Sarr.

Ya I do that for sure.

Another scenario - if Clingan is there at 7 and OKC sees him as the big they need I wonder if we could get some pretty good value on a trade-down -

7 for 12, 2025 MIA FRP (LP / UNP), Osumane Dieng

Granted I am still quite high on Dieng.

I think w/ 12 and 14 there is a good chance we could come out w/ one of Salun or Cody + Edey.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers