WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1921 » by Celtsfan1980 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 12:53 pm

US politics being as embarrassing as it is right now, how does the Rock not run for President? I'm not sure if it would help WWE at all, but I can't possibly see a negative and it would be an amazing accomplishment for the company and the Rock.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1922 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 1:15 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:US politics being as embarrassing as it is right now, how does the Rock not run for President? I'm not sure if it would help WWE at all, but I can't possibly see a negative and it would be an amazing accomplishment for the company and the Rock.

He's 100% going to run. Eventually. Probably not for a number of years but there's been far too many rumors about it - including having private tutoring on politics, for there not to be something there. I'd bet that he wouldn't run until all his kids were a lot older, though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,189

Post#1923 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:02 am

Some big WWE releases today. Kross, Keith Lee, Ember Moon, Franky Monet, Nia Jax. A lot more.

Whenever these mass releases happen it makes me again question why I support the company in any way.

Aside from the human aspect of it- how do you mess up Keith Lee? Kross also.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1924 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:29 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1925 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:49 pm

So apparently Keith Lee had to pay for his own medical, I still don't understand how the WWE can get away with calling their stars "contractors".
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1926 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:41 pm

WRau1 wrote:So apparently Keith Lee had to pay for his own medical, I still don't understand how the WWE can get away with calling their stars "contractors".

Especially when they require non-competition agreements. It really is disgusting that they don't pay medical bills for injuries/illnesses caused in the workplace.

Btw, how's this for great booking?
Read on Twitter
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1927 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:55 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:Some big WWE releases today. Kross, Keith Lee, Ember Moon, Franky Monet, Nia Jax. A lot more.

Whenever these mass releases happen it makes me again question why I support the company in any way.

Because the NFL and NBA are run by good wholesome human beings. :roll:

The timing is bad, but I hope one day their shows go to one hour for one show(Raw preferably) and the other two(Smackdown) with the wrestlers rotating. NXT back to an hour. There's too much wrestling, so it has to happen at some point.

Aleister deserved a main event push. Keith Lee, Ricochet, and Low Ki/Kaval are also underutilized. Otherwise I can't complain too much.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,120

Post#1928 » by Dominator83 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:38 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:Some big WWE releases today. Kross, Keith Lee, Ember Moon, Franky Monet, Nia Jax. A lot more.

Because the NFL and NBA are run by good wholesome human beings. :roll:

The timing is bad, but I hope one day their shows go to one hour for one show(Raw preferably) and the other two(Smackdown) with the wrestlers rotating. NXT back to an hour. There's too much wrestling, so it has to happen at some point.

Aleister deserved a main event push. Keith Lee, Ricochet, and Low Ki/Kaval are also underutilized. Otherwise I can't complain too much.

I used to say it all the time before NXT went to 2 hours. One thing that helped make it so good was the whole "less is more" mantra. Things stay fresher longer that way.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1929 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:10 am

I'll be honest, I had no idea who Keith Lee was. I did know who Kross was, the Shao Kahn looking guy. But I was shown videos of Keith Lee yesterday and my god, how do you let that guy go?? He did a moonsault off the 2nd rope, reminded me of Vader! Always amazing to see huge people like that be so athletic, and they cut him? And then I saw Rey Mysterio's kid on RAW, and he's still with the company? Crazy times
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1930 » by Scott Hall » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:44 am

FNQ wrote:I'll be honest, I had no idea who Keith Lee was. I did know who Kross was, the Shao Kahn looking guy. But I was shown videos of Keith Lee yesterday and my god, how do you let that guy go?? He did a moonsault off the 2nd rope, reminded me of Vader! Always amazing to see huge people like that be so athletic, and they cut him? And then I saw Rey Mysterio's kid on RAW, and he's still with the company? Crazy times

A report came out that Keith Lee had horrible attitude issues backstage and was hard to deal with for creative and
the writers and he also had COVID and some major health issues that were serious earlier in the year. The doctors
cleared him so I guess it's ok but a guy at his weight with those kind of heart issues who is no spring chicken... probably
isn't the best idea to be working the hectic WWE schedule. I know it's his job but I would probably lose a ton of weight
before I got back into wrestling. But yeah sometimes fans only know from what they see on TV and have no idea what
kind of employees these people are behind the scenes. Also I think Vince needs to get more involved in the hiring process
because firing people you should jus hired that weren't given a chance at all like a Franky Monet/Taya Valkaryie makes
zero sense and you're just f*cking with peoples lives and unless there's some stuff behind the scenes we don't know about
total BS.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#1931 » by tugs » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 am

He could be part of the hiring process, it's just that they really don't have anything for these people. Even if he's not, clearly he's more concentrated on what he thinks their characters should be instead of playing by ear and checking what's clicking for them.

Best examples of Vince stereotypes: a mountain of a man and a powerhouse with decent promo in Kross and a bombshell of a valet/manager/wrestler and a good talker in Scarlett. Both with a unique gimmick and character.

RELEASED.

They really are that out of touch if they can't find something for their "ideal" superstars.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1932 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm

WWE gets a lot of criticism for going to Saudi Arabia(entertaining the fans), while many Presidents who have had friendship with Saudi Arabia's government(which goes back to the Roosevelt administration) are admired. Unless Saudi Arabia's government is benefitting from the WWE in some way which causes misery, I don't get it.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1933 » by tugs » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 am

Was Morrison really released?!
tugs
RealGM

Post#1934 » by tugs » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:17 am

Wait what Tegan Knox and the newly drafted Hit Row?!
tugs
RealGM

Post#1935 » by tugs » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 am

Didn't see there was a separate thread for released wrestlers

In other news, finally a Becky gear I can get behind with!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1936 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:08 pm

Survivor Series made me tap out on WWE. Opening match was great, closing match was great, all the hype of the Rock but no Rock, some friggin egg, and old school survivor matches but not much reasoning behind it

Roman Reigns is the only part of WWE I’m interested in at this point and that’s only because of the Rock or Brock.. I guess I just enjoy AEW more now. Never saw that coming
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1937 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm

FNQ wrote:Survivor Series made me tap out on WWE. Opening match was great, closing match was great, all the hype of the Rock but no Rock, some friggin egg, and old school survivor matches but not much reasoning behind it

Roman Reigns is the only part of WWE I’m interested in at this point and that’s only because of the Rock or Brock.. I guess I just enjoy AEW more now. Never saw that coming

Yep, took all of the words right out of my mouth. Loved the E/Roman match and the Charlotte/Becky match. The rest of the 3 hours were totally filler and the egg storyline might be one of the dumbest things that they've done in quite some time, which for WWE is saying a lot.

Roman has been absolute money for the last year and change, but the majority of the on-air stuff is just so damn bad. Watch the 3 hours on Monday compared to the 2 hours of AEW on Wednesday -- I'm not sure how anybody with a straight face can say that RAW is a better show than Dynamite right now. And outside of the Roman segments on SD, that applies for the two hours on Friday as well.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1938 » by Scott Hall » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:30 am

Crazy how this board didn't even have a Survivor Series thread a big 4 PPV and none of us cared
the company has been trending down in terms of interest for several years now but these pandemic
years gotta be the lowest in history.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1939 » by tugs » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:00 am

Ngl I checked for a Survivor Series KIA
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach

Post#1940 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:12 pm

The writers at 411mania grade Raw around mediocrity lately. Them being far less agenda-driven than many people here, you could argue they're more accurate.

I expect Vince looks at WWE's ratings, and the competition's ratings. Not much else matters, including this message board.

Return to Pro Wrestling