Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,314

OT: FINALLY TWO GREAT MAIN EVENT FIGHTS!!!! UFC 

Post#1 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sat Sep 3, 2022 10:32 pm

Whittaker - Vettori awesome

Gane - Tua Godlike
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,341

Re: OT: FINALLY TWO GREAT MAIN EVENT FIGHTS!!!! UFC 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Sep 3, 2022 10:59 pm

I cannot believe the UFC put these 2 fights on a fight night while their ppv next week could use all these. It's hard to keep up with the UFC so I'd prefer they went the route of stacking cards than putting out a bunch if average cards.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,197

Post#3 » by duppyy » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:25 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:I cannot believe the UFC put these 2 fights on a fight night while their ppv next week could use all these. It's hard to keep up with the UFC so I'd prefer they went the route of stacking cards than putting out a bunch if average cards.

First time in Paris, they needed it to be good.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,314

Post#4 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:40 pm

duppyy wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I cannot believe the UFC put these 2 fights on a fight night while their ppv next week could use all these. It's hard to keep up with the UFC so I'd prefer they went the route of stacking cards than putting out a bunch if average cards.

First time in Paris, they needed it to be good.

When the Gane-Tua fight started the atmosphere was crazy. Seriously fantastic hearing the french crowd chanting/singing during the fight.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#5 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:41 pm

The co main wasn’t a great fight at all. It was rob dominating Marvin. Fun to watch because that’s what we all wanted but it was just an average predictable one sided fight.

I’m not complaining just kinda saying it really wasn’t much better than some of the fights y’all complain about.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:42 pm

French crowd was awesome and main was insane. Tai is ridiculously tough and Cyril is so skilled for a big guy 4 years in the game. Maybe the most talented fighter ever.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,941

Post#7 » by basketballRob » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:43 pm

Lebron and Tatum are at the Ohio State game. I'll probably watch that over UFC.

Read on Twitter
?t=X04_AC0T2a0_QdHF_wYLOg&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Dupp
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:44 pm

279 is trash. They trying to punish Nate by putting out a **** product. Weird level of petty.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#9 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:Lebron and Tatum are at the Ohio State game. I'll probably watch that over UFC.

Read on Twitter
?t=X04_AC0T2a0_QdHF_wYLOg&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

I mean it’s finished so not much choice
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,179

Post#10 » by Pelon chingon » Sat Sep 3, 2022 11:50 pm

UFC fans are so spoiled. Boxing fans get put through the Ringer with only a select few boxers actually pushing the envelope like Canelo and Usyk. The rest only drop each others names to clout chase but never fight a live dog like Gervonta Davis and Jermall Charlo.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,291

Post#11 » by God Squad » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:01 am

Pelon chingon wrote:UFC fans are so spoiled. Boxing fans get put through the Ringer with only a select few boxers actually pushing the envelope like Canelo and Usyk. The rest only drop each others names to clout chase but never fight a live dog like Gervonta Davis and Jermall Charlo.

Not the biggest boxing fan due to many organizations and belts. But from what I've seen I like this Haney kid. Quick, good footwork and ring awareness.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Pelon chingon » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:11 am

God Squad wrote:
Pelon chingon wrote:UFC fans are so spoiled. Boxing fans get put through the Ringer with only a select few boxers actually pushing the envelope like Canelo and Usyk. The rest only drop each others names to clout chase but never fight a live dog like Gervonta Davis and Jermall Charlo.

Not the biggest boxing fan due to many organizations and belts. But from what I've seen I like this Haney kid. Quick, good footwork and ring awareness.

Yeah hes technically sound but IMO hes soo boring to watch. Combat sports are also entertainment and his in ring style lately has been as exciting as watching the grass grow.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,291

Post#13 » by God Squad » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:39 am

Pelon chingon wrote:
God Squad wrote:

Yeah hes technically sound but IMO hes soo boring to watch. Combat sports are also entertainment and his in ring style lately has been as exciting as watching the grass grow.

Totally get it. How do you feel about Loma? Probably/used to be my favorite of the lightweights.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,197

Post#14 » by duppyy » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:55 am

Dupp wrote:

279 is trash. They trying to punish Nate by putting out a **** product. Weird level of petty.

On paper it doesn't look great but It can still be entertaining.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Pelon chingon » Sun Sep 4, 2022 1:18 am

God Squad wrote:
Pelon chingon wrote:
God Squad wrote:Not the biggest boxing fan due to many organizations and belts. But from what I've seen I like this Haney kid. Quick, good footwork and ring awareness.

Totally get it. How do you feel about Loma? Probably/used to be my favorite of the lightweights.

Loma is a sure fire HOF'er and on making a comeback after his Lopez loss hes been on a tear to the point where he appears to be avoided by the youngsters.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#16 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 4, 2022 3:41 am

duppyy wrote:
Dupp wrote:

Yes but on paper is what sells so how it turns out is irrelevant
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,899

Post#17 » by Dutchball97 » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:37 pm

Dupp wrote:
duppyy wrote:
Dupp wrote:

To people who just want to see high level MMA 279 looks like one of their worst PPVs but in terms of name value there is plenty. Khamzat vs Diaz might not be exciting but it's still two of the biggest draws they have right now. Then you've got Tony Ferguson and Kevin Holland on the main card as well. Even the Walker vs Cutelaba fight could get some eyes on it due to them both being certifiably insane and unorthodox. I really don't think it'll sell terribly.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,318

Post#18 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sun Sep 4, 2022 12:46 pm

Dupp wrote:

LoL!

UFC: Let's punish Nate. Yes, yes! Make him the main event! That will show him.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#19 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 4, 2022 1:18 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:
Dupp wrote:
duppyy wrote:

To people who just want to see high level MMA 279 looks like one of their worst PPVs but in terms of name value there is plenty. Khamzat vs Diaz might not be exciting but it's still two of the biggest draws they have right now. Then you've got Tony Ferguson and Kevin Holland on the main card as well. Even the Walker vs Cutelaba fight could get some eyes on it due to them both being certifiably insane and unorthodox. I really don't think it'll sell terribly.

I mean they only added Tony and holland because the stadium wasn’t selling. It’ll end up decent to watch but they didn’t put something together that’ll get buys
Dupp
RealGM

Post#20 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 4, 2022 1:20 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
Dupp wrote:

LoL!

UFC: Let's punish Nate. Yes, yes! Make him the main event! That will show him.

He’s got ppv points in his contract of course they made him the main event. Use your brain. They add title fights and card sells better and Nate makes more money.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts