ImageImageImage

Game 45: Phoenix Suns (26-18) @ Indiana Pacers (25-20) Friday l 5:00pm l AZFamily

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

In a month who won’t be a part of this team anymore?

Allen
No votes
Little
55%
Okogie
No votes
Metu
18%
Azabuike
No votes
Gordon
No votes
KDB
9%
Eubanks
18%
Bol Bol
No votes
Booker
No votes

Total votes: 11

enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,329

Re: Game 45: Phoenix Suns (26-18) @ Indiana Pacers (25-20) Friday l 5:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#181 » by enigmatics » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Tough loss but hey nights like this happen.

See Halliburton isn't all that, he's a product of the Pacers system.

They really are a helluva freakin' team with or without Hali - at least to anyone who's not watching them like a casual.

Seriously what a fantastic job their FO has done. It's funny to think though they almost F'd up trading for AggravAyton.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,862

Re: Game 45: Phoenix Suns (26-18) @ Indiana Pacers (25-20) Friday l 5:00pm l AZFamily 

Post#182 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:18 am

enigmatics wrote:

They really are a helluva freakin' team with or without Hali - at least to anyone who's not watching them like a casual.

Seriously what a fantastic job their FO has done. It's funny to think though almost F'd up trading for AggravAyton.
AggravAyton. LMFAO. Well played, dude. I'll give you an And 1 when I'm not on my phone.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
schnakenpopanz
General Manager
And1: 2,660

Post#183 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:18 am

Calvin Klein wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:

Don’t waste your time buddy.

Are you really in Germany by the way??

yes i am, been for years. so you can see why i am watching in the middle of the night suns games for nearly 30 years now. thank god i work for a company in the us and my working hours match my passion for this team and i have a very tolerant fiance. :D

That’s crazy. I have been staying late to watch for years (until 3am usually) but I can’t this season. I start working at 7am so most games I will watch in the morning. And I don’t want to go to sleep mad after a loss like this one :lol:

At least they played early tonight

that's why i like the east coast games so much. my brother is a raptrs supporter. he is lucky. damm you charles barkley for making me fall in lve wth a west coast team. hey at leat it is not the lakers.
free steve nash!
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,329

Post#184 » by enigmatics » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:wall of text? smh, just gave reasoning that you are pointing at some of us being mad for no reason.

You bring up the past like a Vietnam vet. There's no point in reading any of it.

What are you on a message board for? Just to hear yourself talk? It's funny you talk of the negativity when you've been one of the most negative people here the last couple years along with a couple others.

More lies.

Anyone who's read my posts has seen me highlight the good and the bad i.e. BALANCE.

I also know when I'm getting a little too frustrated and learn to take a break from the game day threads. You didn't see me posting in them during the games the last few weeks right?

Bet you didn't because you just wanna argue with me.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#185 » by sashaturiaf » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:22 am

enigmatics wrote:

Seriously what a fantastic job their FO has done. It's funny to think though almost F'd up trading for AggravAyton.

That Carlysle is a hell of a coach too
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,683

Post#186 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:27 am

enigmatics wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
You bring up the past like a Vietnam vet. There's no point in reading any of it.

What are you on a message board for? Just to hear yourself talk? It's funny you talk of the negativity when you've been one of the most negative people here the last couple years along with a couple others.

More lies.

Anyone who's read my posts has seen me highlight the good and the bad i.e. BALANCE.

I also know when I'm getting a little too frustrated and learn to take a break from the game day threads. You didn't see me posting in them during the games the last few weeks right?

Bet you didn't because you just wanna argue with me.

I don't post in them a lot either usually. Or follow them. I did tonight though. I actually like the Pacers a lot..they have been my favorite Eastern team for awhile...always seem to have players I like. But it's interesting they have a guy we talked about a ton before the draft (Toppin), the guy that no one talked about because they never thought he'd be there (Haliburton), and then they guy we DID draft (Smith). Along with a guy a lot of the forum wanted to trade for (Siakam), who I've always liked.

Then they have Mathurin who I like, and he's a Wildcat. I always liked TJ McConnell even though he's not that great anymore. Hield is a fairly likable player. Turner is pretty good. And Nesmith and Nembhard are scrappy and solid guys to have.

I always thought Carlisle was a great coach too..got a raw deal in Detroit...put that team together of nobodies from scratch and made them contenders himself and then they brought in Larry Brown, were gifted Rasheed and won it all.

Then he goes to Indy and it looks like they have the best team, better than Detroit who were the champs, and they have the Malice in the Palace. But he finally got his championship in Dallas.

Anyway, I don't look to argue. Just like my last post, I responded with how I'm not worried unless we have injuries, and I know our schedule gets tougher, etc....and mentioned a lot of things, and you picked out one thing to bitch about, that I said we were in 7th, which we are. I guess I could have said we are in 5th, even though we are not. Doesn't matter though...it will be hard to win against any of those teams in the top 4. Would be nice to move in the top 4. I'm not saying I think we'd lose. I think we can beat any of them and would probably be favored against Minny and maybe OKC. Not sure about the others.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#187 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:30 am

You can’t win every game everyone needs to chill. Beating a great Pacers team twice in a week is very difficult to do especially knowing that team almost won an in-season tourney.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager

Post#188 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:31 am

i can not see this team beating the clippers and nuggets in a best of 7 series, not as of right now.
i can see them beating the timberwolves and the thunder though.
1 round t wolves
2nd round thunder
but conference finals would be clippers or nuggets i think.
free steve nash!
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#189 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:37 am

schnakenpopanz wrote:i can not see this team beating the clippers and nuggets in a best of 7 series, not as of right now.
1 round t wolves
2nd round thunder

So what, a few weeks ago we looked like a playin team but now look like we can win a series or two. We definitely won’t make the finals but I’d be stoked with a WCF appearance.
schnakenpopanz
General Manager

Post#190 » by schnakenpopanz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:43 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
schnakenpopanz wrote:i can not see this team beating the clippers and nuggets in a best of 7 series, not as of right now.
1 round t wolves
2nd round thunder

So what, a few weeks ago we looked like a playin team but now look like we can win a series or two. We definitely won’t make the finals but I’d be stoked with a WCF appearance.

that would be more than the past two seasons, let's plan the parade :D
free steve nash!
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,297

Post#191 » by Frank Lee » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:56 am

Refs, rebounds and D be damned…. We lost because we went 1/8 and a turn over the last 3 mins of the game

Our closers didnt close
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,683

Post#192 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:11 am

1 round t wolves
2nd round thunder

Sounds like a fair assessment and not a "sky is falling" one. Even many would probably consider it optimistic (particularly beating the Thunder, even though they are very very good..maybe the toughest team, we could maybe beat them due to their lack of playoff experience). But they are very well coached and play very hard.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#193 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:20 am

SkyBill40 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Just finished watching. Pacers were playing football out there the entire second half and somehow had ZERO fouls for the 4th quarter. Suns needed to do a better job on the boards, but that was some awful officiating. And once again it's that same lady ref. She should be banned from officiating Suns games.

Book was ridiculous.

I have noticed that it is always her every single time. Gettin' really tired of it.
Say it a little louder. Or perhaps you'd better not as there's an admin handing out account strikes for sexism and discrimination against her in threads.

I'm very far from hating on someone because of gender/sex. I call out the dude officials when they're awful too. It's just a trend I've noticed with her and she seems to be officiating a lot of Suns games. The rest of the officiating crew was awful tonight as well, but I haven't seen a pattern with the others. Perhaps she sticks out because she is a female and there aren't many female officials, though.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#194 » by Golanator » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:32 am

kennydorglas wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I get that he wasn’t playing well in the 4th but he needs to take this shot or drive it for a layup, not pass it out. Ridiculous.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,862

Post#195 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:36 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
enigmatics wrote:
I have noticed that it is always her every single time. Gettin' really tired of it.
Say it a little louder. Or perhaps you'd better not as there's an admin handing out account strikes for sexism and discrimination against her in threads.

I'm very far from hating on someone because of gender/sex. I call out the dude officials when they're awful too. It's just a trend I've noticed with her and she seems to be officiating a lot of Suns games. The rest of the officiating crew was awful tonight as well, but I haven't seen a pattern with the others. Perhaps she sticks out because she is a female and there aren't many female officials, though.
Oh, I know. I just thought to mention it because the thread on GB referencing the same official has been... saucy.

sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#196 » by sunsbg » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:13 am

What is this. Same thing happened just a few days ago. Player scores 70, another one 60 in a loss. Now waiting for a player to score 100 points in some random no D game.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,794

Post#197 » by sunsbum » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:18 am

I didn’t even watch the game and I know exactly what ref you’re talking about. She’s **** terrible. Like off the charts bad. Let these whiners that come out have their day, they’ve been dealing with a super long winning stream
I hate this team.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#198 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:20 am

sunsbg wrote:What is this. Same thing happened just a few days ago. Player scores 70, another one 60 in a loss. Now waiting for a player to score 100 points in some random no D game.

Players are too good now a days. Luka, Embiid, Booker, Towns would dominate the 90’s era too. MJ would definitely not have 6 titles maybe 3 max.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,444

Post#199 » by dremill24 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:25 am

I'm beginning to think my high school team (with our 6'4" center) could outrebound this team..
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#200 » by sunsbg » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:28 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
sunsbg wrote:What is this. Same thing happened just a few days ago. Player scores 70, another one 60 in a loss. Now waiting for a player to score 100 points in some random no D game.

Players are too good now a days. Luka, Embiid, Booker, Towns would dominate the 90’s era too. MJ would definitely not have 6 titles maybe 3 max.

Teams win. Players nowadays are clearly overrated with no D being played. Mavs barely won, while Suns lost to mediocre teams.

Return to Phoenix Suns