Lol dark times when people WANT Isiah Thomas as coach :lol:
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,421

Re: Game 37: Phoenix Suns (19-17) @ LA Clippers (22-13) | Monday | 8:30PM 

Post#182 » by Puff » Tue Jan 9, 2024 5:03 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
garrick wrote:
Saberestar wrote:If this team goes to the trade deadline with a 21W-25L record or something like I doubt Ishbia stays pat and doesn't fire Vogel.

At that point...who is better and available than Budenholzer? I know Doc Rivers was considered as a HC in the summer but I prefer Budenholzer over him.

To be fair to coach Bud the past season he did have his brother die during the playoffs and Giannis suffered an injury. I do think he's better than Vogel and can get a team fired up at least.

Vogel seems more like Monty and he doesn't seem to get on the players when they don't give maximum effort.

Monty lost 29 games in a row. In.....a......row......

Vogel has won a championship. Laker fans still think firing him was a mistake. As it would be if we did it.

How do you know that? Do you hang out with Laker Fans.

Monty is gone, let it go. Our problem child is Vogel.

This is pure hyperbole.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,683

Post#183 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 6:49 pm

At least the Clips are one of the best teams in the NBA and have been the best over the last 11 or 12 games, so it's not like we got blown out by a bad team.

Hopefully we can bounce back against Portland.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#184 » by sunsbg » Tue Jan 9, 2024 7:20 pm

bwgood77 wrote:At least the Clips are one of the best teams in the NBA and have been the best over the last 11 or 12 games, so it's not like we got blown out by a bad team.

Hopefully we can bounce back against Portland.

Yes, it was not such a bad loss. The Kings were down by 50 to Pels the other day. I think we are in same category as teams like Kings and Mavs, 5-6 seeds, who get dominated on certain matchups. It's only a few teams that don't have obvious flaws. The problem is the lack of effort against MEM makes you question if Suns are even a 5-6 seed.

A few days more between games and relatively easy schedule at the end of the month so hopefully they figure it out. Changes are required. Maybe even move Okogie to SL to help with bringing the ball up the court and defense. Free Booker to do what he's best at doing. Allen can hit 3s coming from the bench too. That should not be priority with 150M invested in offensive stars.

Edit : in addition to the lack of effort the coaching is absolute garbage when they can't take advantage on offense playing freaking Kevin Durant at C against Zubac, who did score on three possessions on the other end. Suns offense was Booker and KD going 1-on-1 against RW resulting in TOs. Unbelievable. Vogel needs to go that's for sure.

Edit2: it's funny the bookies still have us with 4th best odds of winning the title in front of PHI and LAC.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,297

Post#185 » by Frank Lee » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:38 pm

Fifii wrote:What a disasters

When Vogel starting play KD as center I turn off this game. I know that Zu dominating our paint. Great move from our championship coach.

Zu play better than Nurkic in this game. Fact not opinion.

Gordon wants bigger role in offense ? What a joke I hope that we trade him. He isn’t good even like a 6th man.

KDP I wrote that he is G-League player non NBA.

We are not contender.

Truth told here

Crazy Vegas has us so high. Usually the active $$$ determines the odds.. we are 10/1 to win the pacific yet 6/1 to win the west. Apparently the Little Big 3 still invoke playoff fear in the bookies.

As fans we can hold on to this for a little while longer. But those who watch this monkey-fn-a-football team game in and out… well we have doubts. We need to see something different out of this squad the next 15-20 games. Something different usually comes from internal leadership. Yeah, a few guys could be playing better, but this problem seems more chemical than physical.

Book really doesn’t seem to have strong leadership traits. His smug idiot sevantish approach to hooping isn’t exactly inspiring to others and he gets caught with the do as I say not as I do. Stoic Durant is more comfortable communicating on social media. May be he should group text the locker room.. I don’t think Beal knows where his place is yet. Gordon is about the only mouthy vet that has nothing to lose with his commentary.

With this dichotomy, we need a strong minded coach. Vogel seems to niceynice. Have yet to see him angry at this squad’s play.

And what’s with him never doing the halftime interviews? Is this common league wide?
What ? Me Worry ?
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,421

Post#186 » by Puff » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:48 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
Fifii wrote:What a disasters

When Vogel starting play KD as center I turn off this game. I know that Zu dominating our paint. Great move from our championship coach.

Zu play better than Nurkic in this game. Fact not opinion.

Gordon wants bigger role in offense ? What a joke I hope that we trade him. He isn’t good even like a 6th man.

KDP I wrote that he is G-League player non NBA.

We are not contender.

Truth told here

Crazy Vegas has us so high. Usually the active $$$ determines the odds.. we are 10/1 to win the pacific yet 6/1 to win the west. Apparently the Little Big 3 still invoke playoff fear in the bookies.

As fans we can hold on to this for a little while longer. But those who watch this monkey-fn-a-football team game in and out… well we have doubts. We need to see something different out of this squad the next 15-20 games. Something different usually comes from internal leadership. Yeah, a few guys could be playing better, but this problem seems more chemical than physical.

Book really doesn’t seem to have strong leadership traits. His smug idiot sevantish approach to hooping isn’t exactly inspiring to others and he gets caught with the do as I say not as I do. Stoic Durant is more comfortable communicating on social media. May be he should group text the locker room.. I don’t think Beal knows where his place is yet. Gordon is about the only mouthy vet that has nothing to lose with his commentary.

With this dichotomy, we need a strong minded coach. Vogel seems to niceynice. Have yet to see him angry at this squad’s play.

And what’s with him never doing the halftime interviews? Is this common league wide?

Can you imagine Popovich coaching this team?
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,751

Post#187 » by Revived » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:03 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:yall need to call out booker as well. Dude has been garbage

He’s got plenty of criticism but he’s also being forced to play out of position.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#188 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:45 am

KdoubleDees23 wrote:yall need to call out booker as well. Dude has been garbage

He’s being forced to play out of position. You don’t understand basketball so educating you won’t make a difference. Please just please be better next time. I still believe in you like I believe the Suns will make the playoffs.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,749

Post#189 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:15 am

Book has undeniably being playing rather poorly even by the lowest standards you can set for him. Yes he's playing out of position but he's been doing that the whole season. Over the last 10 games, he's only averaged 23ppg and gotten to the line 5.3 times only after getting there 8.5 times throughout most of this season. This is not the Booker we know and we should/can expect more from him. I know he expects more from himself to.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns