ImageImageImage

Some statements before the season started

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Re: Some statements before the season started 

Post#21 » by King4Day » Tue Jan 9, 2024 7:47 pm

These are the types of threads that other fanbases stumble upon and then go back to their forums to say 'haha look at the Suns fanbase imploding.'
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,761

Post#22 » by sunsbum » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:17 pm

I think I said the suns had one of the deepest benches in the NBA before the season started but Yuta and KBD have really **** the bed.
Flex is now your father.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#23 » by enigmatics » Tue Jan 9, 2024 8:58 pm

King4Day wrote:These are the types of threads that other fanbases stumble upon and then go back to their forums to say 'haha look at the Suns fanbase imploding.'

The irony is you've got a head coach in the name of Tyronne Lue openly stating that when they figure it out they'll be hell for a lot of people.

It's an interesting contrast to the fans right now that's for sure.
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,838

Post#24 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Jan 9, 2024 9:48 pm

enigmatics wrote:
King4Day wrote:These are the types of threads that other fanbases stumble upon and then go back to their forums to say 'haha look at the Suns fanbase imploding.'

The irony is you've got a head coach in the name of Tyronne Lue openly stating that when they figure it out they'll be hell for a lot of people.

It's an interesting contrast to the fans right now that's for sure.

Teams aren't gonna openly disrespect us when we're down. Sure we suck, but we got 3 great bombard cannons that we can't take advantage of because the ground support is non-existent. And teams would be terrified if we ever got that in order.

The hard part is figured out, we just need to figure out the rest. With this front office I'm not optimistic about that.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,309

Post#25 » by enigmatics » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:14 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Teams aren't gonna openly disrespect us when we're down. Sure we suck, but we got 3 great bombard cannons that we can't take advantage of because the ground support is non-existent. And teams would be terrified if we ever got that in order.

The hard part is figured out, we just need to figure out the rest. With this front office I'm not optimistic about that.

I'm not saying I agree with him or deny the lack of help. Albeit this was always likely how it was gonna be from a support perspective given how top heavy the team is. They were constructed with the vision of running people off the court mind you foolishly without a true PG.

However, his response was rather effusive and direct rather than just being pleasant towards a struggling team. It kind of surprised me a bit considering the history between these teams the last few years.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,580

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:05 am

Well I haven't wasted time on reddit, twitter, etc, but my guess is the fanbase is imploding if this board is any indication.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#27 » by Frank Lee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:15 am

Sums up being a Suns fan

Rollercoaster…. Say what? 8-)
What ? Me Worry ?
Boujack
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#28 » by Boujack » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

Good to remember this
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#29 » by Qwigglez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 am

On paper this team is definitively better than what was the Suns team in their final playoff game win last season.
KD
Booker
DA
Payne
Okogie
Shamet, Landale, Warren, Ross, Craig.
Bazley, Biyombo, Lee, CP3, Wainwright (All DNPs, CP3 injured)

vs
KD
Booker
Nurkic
Beal
GA
EG, O'Neal, Eubanks, Bol, Okogie.
Little, Roddy, IT, Young

Sometimes though, it isn't about total talent, and perhaps about effort given. Payne and Okogie are probably bottom tier players in the league in terms of talent, but their hustle and effort is grade A.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#30 » by Qwigglez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

Read on Twitter
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Post#31 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

James Jones has the ability to spin anything into a massive win for the Suns. :lol:

I'm sure he talked a big game to Ishbia about letting him stay on for his basketball savvy and stuff.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,933

Post#32 » by Calvin Klein » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm

Remember Yuta? :lol:
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,411

Post#33 » by sunskerr » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

I liked Yuta mostly because I'm a massive weeb.

But truth is if you are going to be digging up posts,then you have to dig up your own. Because all this reeks of is insecurity and makes it seem like you probably have more misses than hits historically so you're trying to get a one up now that you finally hit. And if you haven't been here for long enough, then you don't get to dig up other people's posts at all.

I say some really dumb **** all the time. We all do. Some people here have proposed that we get Jalen Williams for KD (it ain't you qwigglez dont worry), and some people are using this opportunity as Ayton apologia, when he still quit on us twice in a row in the playoffs.

I have also actually done stupid **** like trading Trae Young for old players in our dynasty league, so that probably outweighs any stupid stuff anybody here has said. If you think you are a better basketball mind than everyone, maybe try joining us there and prove it. No open spots right now though.

I can tell you right now from some of the conversations we've had in that league surrounding certain players and actual draft picks made that some managers have made some really accurate calls, probably more consistently than you.

We're not the ones getting paid millions to make these kinds of decisions. We don't have all the access to the scouting/stats/other professional advisors the owners and fo crew do. When we get something wrong here as fans, all you can do is ask "why did I get that wrong", add it to your framework that you use to evaluate things, and move on.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#34 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:Remember Yuta? :lol:

I was high on him too but I think the championship or bust mentality and the piss poor leadership of KD and Booker certainly didn't help the bench players any.

KBD and Yuta showed they were much more productive players elsewhere so there's something to be said about the culture on this Suns team that doesn't let some role players flourish.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#35 » by Qwigglez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

sunskerr wrote:I liked Yuta mostly because I'm a massive weeb.

But truth is if you are going to be digging up posts,then you have to dig up your own. Because all this reeks of is insecurity and makes it seem like you probably have more misses than hits historically so you're trying to get a one up now that you finally hit. And if you haven't been here for long enough, then you don't get to dig up other people's posts at all.

I say some really dumb **** all the time. We all do. Some people here have proposed that we get Jalen Williams for KD (it ain't you qwigglez dont worry), and some people are using this opportunity as Ayton apologia, when he still quit on us twice in a row in the playoffs.

I have also actually done stupid **** like trading Trae Young for old players in our dynasty league, so that probably outweighs any stupid stuff anybody here has said. If you think you are a better basketball mind than everyone, maybe try joining us there and prove it. No open spots right now though.

I can tell you right now from some of the conversations we've had in that league surrounding certain players and actual draft picks made that some managers have made some really accurate calls, probably more consistently than you.

We're not the ones getting paid millions to make these kinds of decisions. We don't have all the access to the scouting/stats/other professional advisors the owners and fo crew do. When we get something wrong here as fans, all you can do is ask "why did I get that wrong", add it to your framework that you use to evaluate things, and move on.

When the Suns get Jalen Williams for KD this offseason you are going to remember this post! :evil:

While Ayton may have quit on us two years in a row, Nurkic is virtually unplayable in the playoffs. This was a major concern for me with the trade idea for Nurkic before we actually made the deal. That...and his inability to make shots around the rim, and I was worried about him staying healthy (surprisingly he has stayed healthy!)

I too, liked Yuta. I think he could have played better had we maybe had better personnel to get him shots. Turns out star players don't just make role players better.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,969

Post#36 » by TeamTragic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Are you dudes delusional?

Ishbia >>>>>>>>>> Sarver
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#37 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Are you dudes delusional?

Ishbia >>>>>>>>>> Sarver
They eat dicks from the same bag.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,266

Post#38 » by Frank Lee » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 am

Ishbia damage>>>>>>>>>> Sarver damage

Fixed that for you
What ? Me Worry ?
garrick
Head Coach

Post#39 » by garrick » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 am

Frank Lee wrote:

Fixed that for you

Agreed.

Sarver hired that idiot McDdonough who kept making bad pick after bad pick with the exception of Booker but we got back on track by adding Ayton and Bridges, signing CP3 and hiring Monty in the span of a couple years.

Ishbia's miscues however can't be easily fixed because we won't have any lottery picks till 2030 and are stuck with Beal's super max contract for another 3 seasons. We really have to nail the next draft and then try to replicate the Heat's program of scouting 2nd round or unsigned players and see if we can't find an overlooked Gem which is easier said than done.

We could very well suffer from mediocrity for the next 3-4 years and possibly even longer than that due to Ishbia's recklessness.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,969

Post#40 » by TeamTragic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:40 am

Frank Lee wrote:

Fixed that for you

Sorry but this team cannot be fixed with Jones/Vogel

Return to Phoenix Suns