The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,775

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#1081 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:39 am

zappenduster wrote:As there are rumours about Jarrett is on the trading block you guys think there might be any chance we could get him in a nurkic deal?

Funny thing is when I start thinking of solid perfect Cs to replace Nurkic, he always pops into my mind, and then I think "why would Cleveland do that?' and then move on. If there was some way for us to get him, we definitely should.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1082 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:47 am

Bogyo wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Iceman36 wrote:Just finished the press conference and man,I didnˋt realize BUD is such a great and classy guy! I was caught from his presence and emotion/enthusiasm from the first moment he hit the scene. His pure joy to be the coach of his „own“ beloved franchise was infectious and nearly brought me to tears. He is definetively the right guy for the next years to come, even if we have to rebuild. And the icing on the cake is, in his first presser he adressed the needs for this team, which we are discussing in here for months.

Mike looks skinny, focused and full of energy. The year off, though it was hard for him family wise, did him good.

He brought back my fire for my beloved franchise with just one appearance. Wow! I hope he does the same with his new players, because Basketball competence wise there is on discussion that BUD is one of the best.

Just so happy, we have him here now. He was my favorite before signing Vogel last season. Glad we ended the mistake Vogel after just one year. And I believe, other than many guys in here, coaching is the most important part for a franchise to be succesfull. Saw it with my other teams in the last 30 years…

Absolutely.

Budenholzer is a clear upgrade over Vogel as a HC and his roots make him the perfect fit as a Suns HC.

Should be a better coach than Vogel. HOWEVER, I do not see how the Snake or the Wannabekobe would like demanding coach who holds them accountable. Same goes for shooting more 3s (hooray for "middy"), or playing faster (hooray for "halfcourt iso"), or actually trying on defense (hooray for barking at the 12th guy not running back, when you do the same sht 9 out of 10 times). So its gonna be the same old sht all over again.

I just hope JJ will be fired first, then a competent GM will trade the two clowns, and coach Bud can actually do his job with players who listens.

The thing is, the expectations for what we have as a roster and the age and injury history of players, is just too high, especially when one thinks championships. Of course it's what we want and we do have star power, but a lot of it overlaps, and the best teams seem to have a bunch of great defenders, a multiple time MVP, super depth, youth and athleticism and just generally a team with great chemistry. I just worry we don't have the parts, and I think for a coach to get us to the semi finals is a pretty good feat, as being the top 4 in the west is pretty good as tough as the west is...anything past that is gravy. To go out in the semi finals, I don't think that would necessarily be the "fault" of the coach even if the coaching wasn't perfect. This more falls on our roster construction, lack of assets or options on what to do with the roster.

Brooklyn knew how to hamstring us for years so our picks would be better, because it happened to them.

My point is, I hope we don't make Bud another scape goat if we fall short of a championship, because no coach is bringing this squad a championship barring some massive injuries among other contenders and/or some major unexpected trade that somehow makes our team better.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,209

Post#1083 » by garrick » Sun May 19, 2024 1:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Absolutely.

Budenholzer is a clear upgrade over Vogel as a HC and his roots make him the perfect fit as a Suns HC.

Should be a better coach than Vogel. HOWEVER, I do not see how the Snake or the Wannabekobe would like demanding coach who holds them accountable. Same goes for shooting more 3s (hooray for "middy"), or playing faster (hooray for "halfcourt iso"), or actually trying on defense (hooray for barking at the 12th guy not running back, when you do the same sht 9 out of 10 times). So its gonna be the same old sht all over again.

I just hope JJ will be fired first, then a competent GM will trade the two clowns, and coach Bud can actually do his job with players who listens.

The thing is, the expectations for what we have as a roster and the age and injury history of players, is just too high, especially when one thinks championships. Of course it's what we want and we do have star power, but a lot of it overlaps, and the best teams seem to have a bunch of great defenders, a multiple time MVP, super depth, youth and athleticism and just generally a team with great chemistry. I just worry we don't have the parts, and I think for a coach to get us to the semi finals is a pretty good feat, as being the top 4 in the west is pretty good as tough as the west is...anything past that is gravy. To go out in the semi finals, I don't think that would necessarily be the "fault" of the coach even if the coaching wasn't perfect. This more falls on our roster construction, lack of assets or options on what to do with the roster.

Brooklyn knew how to hamstring us for years so our picks would be better, because it happened to them.

My point is, I hope we don't make Bud another scape goat if we fall short of a championship, because no coach is bringing this squad a championship barring some massive injuries among other contenders and/or some major unexpected trade that somehow makes our team better.

Yeah the coach can't teach size or athleticism which is something we really lack.

Look at all the teams still in the playoffs, none of them are built like the Suns and they can all play a bit physical which is the way the league seems to be trending now.

It's like Ishbia is a few years late to the party and is trying to be like GSW not realizing that the days of all offense are gone in favor of allowing more physicality especially in the playoffs.

While other teams were cleverly adding size we decided to downgrade and get the least athletic center & worst finisher in the league. Teams like Dallas got upgrades like PJ Washingoton, Gafford. Pacers got Siakam, NY got OG Anunoby etc etc while Jones thinks we can go all small ball with Grayson Allen playing SF which is no longer going to cut it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1084 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 19, 2024 4:01 am

garrick wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Yeah the coach can't teach size or athleticism which is something we really lack.

Look at all the teams still in the playoffs, none of them are built like the Suns and they can all play a bit physical which is the way the league seems to be trending now.

It's like Ishbia is a few years late to the party and is trying to be like GSW not realizing that the days of all offense are gone in favor of allowing more physicality especially in the playoffs.

While other teams were cleverly adding size we decided to downgrade and get the least athletic center & worst finisher in the league. Teams like Dallas got upgrades like PJ Washingoton, Gafford. Pacers got Siakam, NY got OG Anunoby etc etc while Jones thinks we can go all small ball with Grayson Allen playing SF which is no longer going to cut it.

Also, while watching the Mavs, I was thinking about leadership and instilling confidence in others on the floor, and how guys like Luka and Jokic impact their teammates. Boston if full of strong vocal vets as well. A guy like KD is just such a different type player than a guy like Luka, in that he is just a quiet reserved guy who is a great overall player, but not a leader like that when thinking of the very top players. He has even done the opposite of instilling confidence, like in Brooklyn when Harden and Kyrie were out and they were even playing well he was answering interviews with stuff like "well look who I'm playing with".....I can't see Jokic or Luka ever saying something like that.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#1085 » by garrick » Sun May 19, 2024 4:17 am

bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Also, while watching the Mavs, I was thinking about leadership and instilling confidence in others on the floor, and how guys like Luka and Jokic impact their teammates. Boston if full of strong vocal vets as well. A guy like KD is just such a different type player than a guy like Luka, in that he is just a quiet reserved guy who is a great overall player, but not a leader like that when thinking of the very top players. He has even done the opposite of instilling confidence, like in Brooklyn when Harden and Kyrie were out and they were even playing well he was answering interviews with stuff like "well look who I'm playing with".....I can't see Jokic or Luka ever saying something like that.

Yeah and KD has terrible body language when he isn't happy with the way the game is developing.

He'll often sit away from the team during timeouts and isn't engaged in the huddle with the coach, if he doesn't want to lead by being vocal fine but don't kill the mood with your drama and selfishness.

Next season I think the only player that can really be a leader is Beal, he's shown some of that be doing and saying the right things off the court but I don't know if he has the same kind of influence he once had because he's no longer a player that's near the top of the league in scoring and his best years are behind him.

Booker I don't know if he has it in him to be a leader, we've also seen him bitch at his teammates for messing up plays but he makes mental gaffes himself quite often so I don't think he is in any position to be calling out teammates for blown defensive assignments.

His nonchalant comments after losses are also not a good sign, if you lose 2 straight games you shouldn't be "chilling", at least own up to your failings and take responsibility for letting your team down as one of the top paid players on the team.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,459

Post#1086 » by dremill24 » Sun May 19, 2024 4:17 am

Puff wrote:Another trade suggestion that just will not work is that of trading Nurkic. If we do trade him, we must get a big in return. In addition all the names mentioned make more than Nurkic and we cannot take anyone that has a bigger salary than Nurkic. If when we attach a draft pick that adds salary to the equation maybe we can trade him for a guy like Capella or Allen.

I think Nurkic could be useful in Bud's offense. Of course he needs to work on his 3 point shot. I view a Mix of Nurkic, Eubanks and a draft pick being rotated in and out to always have a fresh body on the court along with 18 fouls.

So...I agree that while Nurkic is imperfect, there are things he brings that nobody else on the roster does. And moving him without getting another big may exacerbate those types of problems.

The thing I cant get past is this general sentiment here and all over the place in conversation like if you move someone like a center, you MUST get a center back in that trade as if after this trade your roster will be locked and you will have no way of acquiring one. I see it all over the trade board too. "If we trade X player then who is going to play Y position?" Its really odd...

Like think about it logically...why is a team going to trade you their better center for your worse one? Would you trade your better center for someone else's worse one? Distressed assets notwithstanding (e.g., Ayton), theres usually more to it. You trade something you have for something you dont, not something you have for the same thing. Of course you're going to have a hard time trading your center and getting a better one back. If you move your center, you have the best chance at an agreeable swap with someone who feels they need one of his talents and they'll be looking to send out something(s) that is not a center, because they otherwise wouldnt be in the market for one. So...you could move your center for something else you need and *gasp* find yourself another center in a separate transaction. Of course there are situations where a rebuiliding team will take a player at a similar position to the one they're sending out as salary filler if they're getting other assets, but those arent always easy to find and the assets arent always available for use.

Now...in the Suns specific situation, that is all quite difficult, and those swaps may not be out there for their players with the team's limitations. So it may in fact be least detrimental to just keep him. But this concept in general needs to be better recognized, I think.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1087 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 19, 2024 4:33 am

garrick wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
garrick wrote:

Yeah and KD has terrible body language when he isn't happy with the way the game is developing.

He'll often sit away from the team during timeouts and isn't engaged in the huddle with the coach, if he doesn't want to lead by being vocal fine but don't kill the mood with your drama and selfishness.

Next season I think the only player that can really be a leader is Beal, he's shown some of that be doing and saying the right things off the court but I don't know if he has the same kind of influence he once had because he's no longer a player that's near the top of the league in scoring and his best years are behind him.

Booker I don't know if he has it in him to be a leader, we've also seen him bitch at his teammates for messing up plays but he makes mental gaffes himself quite often so I don't think he is in any position to be calling out teammates for blown defensive assignments.

His nonchalant comments after losses are also not a good sign, if you lose 2 straight games you shouldn't be "chilling", at least own up to your failings and take responsibility for letting your team down as one of the top paid players on the team.

I think Beal is the type to lift up others, etc, and is vocal, and it helps, but the problem is KD and Book are kind of the main guys, and they probably don't really listen to him. Paul was obviously a clear leader. The problem is there really are not THAT many great ones in the game.

So you need a STRONG foundation and coach. I do think we have enough talent to beat anyone if things are clicking and shooting a lot more 3s will help.

I wonder if we will get Bol back. I think if he comes back Bud will use him a lot at C as a stretch 5 and tell them to run, drive and dish. Go to the rim or hit 3s. Do not spend a ton of time dribbling once passing half court. Will guys listen? I don't know. Obviously in crunch time you may need it but hopefully we can just take care of teams and not have a bunch of close games at the end, but at least if we do, we do have the shooters. This is probably Bud's best shooting team.

And even though we were among the top 3 pt shooting teams, we were in the bottom in 3 pt attempts, which is a bit ridiculous. Just changing that should add more wins. Hopefully the big 3 stay healthy though. That was KD's healthiest season in years.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,890

Post#1088 » by Qwigglez » Sun May 19, 2024 4:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:
zappenduster wrote:As there are rumours about Jarrett is on the trading block you guys think there might be any chance we could get him in a nurkic deal?

Funny thing is when I start thinking of solid perfect Cs to replace Nurkic, he always pops into my mind, and then I think "why would Cleveland do that?' and then move on. If there was some way for us to get him, we definitely should.

What do you think of Mo Bamba? Had a couple of down years after playing in Orlando, but in 2021-22 season he averaged 10.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, shooting 38% from 3 (4 attempts per game).

Most importantly if the Suns did get Bamba, we get to enjoy this wonderful gif again.
Spoiler:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,946

Post#1089 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 am

Qwigglez wrote:So ideally, I think we should hope that EG, Okogie, Lee, and Eubanks all opt-in for the 2024-25 season. That gives the Suns roughly $12 million in expiring contracts.
David Roddy has a club option for the 2025-26 season so his $2.9 million for 2024-25 season could be treated as a expiring contract as well.
Bol Bol returning would be optimal IMO, and I think he'd get tremendous use from Bud as head coach, so I'm hoping he comes back. Royce O'Neal I hope returns too, mostly because the Suns are already over the cap and his contract would likely be in the $12-16 million range per year range. I would also want to try to nab Mo Bamba, who is another player I think would benefit playing under coach Bud. I'd move Nurkic to the bench.

If we truly believe that they can play much better and offer greater contributory impact than what they've shown so far, then sure. But as a 2nd apron team we really can't combine them in a trade, or really any of our players for that matter, so even as expiring contracts, I can't see them bringing much if any value as in trade it'd still have to be a "dollar" for dollar" matching salary exchange.

Personally, I'd much rather hope that they leave in free agency so we have those open spots for better impact options. I absolutely think there'll be a number of better positional options in free agency or from the draft at all ranges honestly man. Just my perspective. :dontknow:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1090 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 am

Read on Twitter

Nice endorsement from Bobby Marks! Hopefully he can help Phoenix figure out a lot of What NEEDS to be done! with this roster under their current conditions. I hope he also wakes them up to the benefit of cost-controlled acquisitions from the draft and even undrafted ranges in comparison to the annual low-end (non-tradable) vet min acquisitions. :D

And on a side note, since money is of no real consequence with Ishbia (which is AWESOME under the correct applications of course), Why don't the suns look to actually hire some of the top elite shooting coaches and the top elite talent scouts (from whatever is available) to actually maximize those mechanisms to return the best possible value from the vet min considerations or the draft prospect considerations whether we're looking to keep them as supplemental talent for our core, or as developmental trade assets to escalate value towards more high profile trade returns? :dontknow:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,020

Post#1091 » by Saberestar » Sun May 19, 2024 6:36 am

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1092 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 19, 2024 6:43 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

The key point here for us! Really good at 3 team deals and manipulating the cap.
It'll be really interesting to actually see if he can find a 3 team trade that returns either Brook Lopez or Clint Capela in a Nurkic trade?

And hopefully, something really solid using Littles' salary too. :D
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,020

Post#1093 » by Saberestar » Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 am

dremill24 wrote:
Puff wrote:Another trade suggestion that just will not work is that of trading Nurkic. If we do trade him, we must get a big in return. In addition all the names mentioned make more than Nurkic and we cannot take anyone that has a bigger salary than Nurkic. If when we attach a draft pick that adds salary to the equation maybe we can trade him for a guy like Capella or Allen.

I think Nurkic could be useful in Bud's offense. Of course he needs to work on his 3 point shot. I view a Mix of Nurkic, Eubanks and a draft pick being rotated in and out to always have a fresh body on the court along with 18 fouls.

So...I agree that while Nurkic is imperfect, there are things he brings that nobody else on the roster does. And moving him without getting another big may exacerbate those types of problems.

The thing I cant get past is this general sentiment here and all over the place in conversation like if you move someone like a center, you MUST get a center back in that trade as if after this trade your roster will be locked and you will have no way of acquiring one. I see it all over the trade board too. "If we trade X player then who is going to play Y position?" Its really odd...

Like think about it logically...why is a team going to trade you their better center for your worse one? Would you trade your better center for someone else's worse one? Distressed assets notwithstanding (e.g., Ayton), theres usually more to it. You trade something you have for something you dont, not something you have for the same thing. Of course you're going to have a hard time trading your center and getting a better one back. If you move your center, you have the best chance at an agreeable swap with someone who feels they need one of his talents and they'll be looking to send out something(s) that is not a center, because they otherwise wouldnt be in the market for one. So...you could move your center for something else you need and *gasp* find yourself another center in a separate transaction. Of course there are situations where a rebuiliding team will take a player at a similar position to the one they're sending out as salary filler if they're getting other assets, but those arent always easy to find and the assets arent always available for use.

Now...in the Suns specific situation, that is all quite difficult, and those swaps may not be out there for their players with the team's limitations. So it may in fact be least detrimental to just keep him. But this concept in general needs to be better recognized, I think.

Exactly.

IMO we need to try to move Nurkic for another player and we need to be OK with that player not being a C.

I think Nurkic is as good as gone on this team. I have seen too many James Jones interviews and he gives more info with the things that he doesn't say...he specifically talked about our core players and included Royce O'Neale and Eric Gordon and didn't mention Nurkic.

Budenholzer has always used a 5-out offense and it's what is working well in the league. This season Nurkic was unable to space the floor with his shooting, we had plenty of proof of that.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,436

Post#1094 » by Puff » Sun May 19, 2024 9:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I would not mind him either, however Nurk makes 18.125 Mil and Allen makes 20.0 Mil. According to my knowledge we cannot takes a player/players contracts for more than we send out. We also cannot send out more than one player in any trade. I think we can add draft picks to sweeten the deal.

We are basically stuck with what we have. That is why we really need to draft someone this off season. That is really the best way to upgrade this roster. Based on JJ recent selections that is probably not a viable solution either.

It is going to be up to BUD to work his magic with this roster.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
garrick
Head Coach

Post#1095 » by garrick » Sun May 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

What do you think of Mo Bamba? Had a couple of down years after playing in Orlando, but in 2021-22 season he averaged 10.6 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.7 blocks, shooting 38% from 3 (4 attempts per game).

Most importantly if the Suns did get Bamba, we get to enjoy this wonderful gif again.
Spoiler:

I haven't followed Mo Bamba's career at all but it seems like he suffers from some of the things Nurkic does.

Terrible hands and has a hard time finishing around the basket. However if he comes cheaper and is more mobile on defense than Nurk I would be all up for signing him.

https://theboxandone.substack.com/p/mo-bamba-throwback-scouting-report
garrick
Head Coach

Post#1096 » by garrick » Sun May 19, 2024 12:38 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Spoiler:

DOUBLE POST

I haven't followed Mo Bamba's career at all but it seems like he suffers from some of the things Nurkic does.

Terrible hands and has a hard time finishing around the basket. However if he comes cheaper and is more mobile on defense than Nurk I would be all up for signing him.

https://theboxandone.substack.com/p/mo-bamba-throwback-scouting-report

As for the defense, Bamba has been predictably lacking versatility in the NBA. He’s a Drop coverage big who uses his 7’10” wingspan to alter shots near the rim. That lack of versatility or even perfection of his angles presents some challenges against smart guards or well-prepared teams. There are certain matchups that simply aren’t good ones for Bamba, thus limiting his minutes and role.

Watch enough Bamba possessions and you'll see a recurring theme: he defends well initially, but his man is a constant offensive rebounding threat. He's not quite quick-twitch enough to fulfill both roles, patrolling the paint to contest a shot and negating his man. Funneling everything toward him doesn’t yield the same results you’d hope.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,222

Post#1097 » by sunsbg » Sun May 19, 2024 12:52 pm

I have seen two comparisons of draft prospects to Jarret Allen(Missi and Ware). Now if Jones is able to figure out who is closer to him, forgets about 'we don't need a 7th grader' strategy and gets one of those, he may actually look competent at his job.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1098 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 19, 2024 3:19 pm

sunsbg wrote:I have seen two comparisons of draft prospects to Jarret Allen(Missi and Ware). Now if Jones is able to figure out who is closer to him, forgets about 'we don't need a 7th grader' strategy and gets one of those, he may actually look competent at his job.

You definitely want Missi out of the two. Sure Ware has plenty of enticing moments, but suffers from many of the same issues/ behavioral concerns as our previous polarizing center that we traded away for Nurkic. The most prominent being a very hot and cold motor where he disappears in games or is indifferent. Also an aversion to having to play against physicality.

Missi on the other hand plays with a constant high motor, relentless intensity and embraces physicality. His only issues are that he is young and sometimes tries to do too much and gets ahead of himself in decision making at times. Missi is a Jarrett Allen/ Clint Capela mix hybrid that'd be ideal for us.

Really, if we only keep our one pick at 22, our big 3 board should be:
1- Yves Missi.
2- Ryan Dunn.
3- Tyler Kolek.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1099 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 19, 2024 4:27 pm

On the discussion of trading Nurkic, a lot of reasonable perspectives around what we should do/ shouldn't do with him. I will say that

1- Nurkic is really our only significant trade chip in terms of salary exchange. Outside of the big three who theoretically apparently aren't going to be moved this season. Aside from Nurkic, until we either resign O'neale to a sizable salary (IF he comes back) or decide to move Allen who was/is a huge piece to our success. So honestly, it's highly unlikely that he's moved.

2-The problem with Nurkic is that he's just too slow and unathletic to be an impactful defender in the playoffs and his overall playoff record unfortunately reflects that. Sure he's great in the regular season, but again, is nearly unplayable (aside from maybe the Nuggets) series. This is the predominant consideration in trading him. we need to get stronger across the board if we legitimately plan to contend for a championship, NOT give the numerous opposition multiple templates to our weaknesses they can easily exploit. We need to have a long, quick, athletic, and physical center option so we don't get destroyed by the much bigger, stronger, more athletic frontcourts that the majority of the league is transitioning to already.

3- We could absolutely keep him as he's been very solid for the regular season, and is very productive in most situations during the regular season. BUT if we're planning on keeping Nurkic, then we better have a legitimate backup center option that is big (7'0 at least), long, fluid, and athletic! Because if we don't, then we're ultimately going to suffer the same result. Because, even if we beat Denver in a series, we still have numerous NBA contenders that we'll still have to beat with much larger, more physical, quicker, and more superiorly athletic frontlines, that will exploit Nurkics' defensive mobility issues.

Now to the discussion of trading Nurkic for another option that's not returning another replacement center option back? that's great! So in our current situation, how post Nurkic trade are we now supposed to replace Nurkic whom we sent out? What Little trade would return us a starting level center? Are we now trading Allen who was a key floor spacing option for us and our starters? AND who is very familiar and connected to our new coach? Again, very unlikely!! Are we trading O'neale?? again, we don't even know if he's really coming back. And even if he does, I'll ask again.......................What center is he (at his resigned salary ) really going to return to fill that gap? This is a critically important consideration, because in our situation with no cap flexibility and no real assets/ picks left, and especially under this new very punitive CBA, If we don't have answers to these questions, we'll be heading into the season with only Eubanks as our starting center.

Is that a situation anyone would argue is good or successful?? :-?
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#1100 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 19, 2024 4:39 pm

Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I would not mind him either, however Nurk makes 18.125 Mil and Allen makes 20.0 Mil. According to my knowledge we cannot takes a player/players contracts for more than we send out. We also cannot send out more than one player in any trade. I think we can add draft picks to sweeten the deal.

We are basically stuck with what we have. That is why we really need to draft someone this off season. That is really the best way to upgrade this roster. Based on JJ recent selections that is probably not a viable solution either.

It is going to be up to BUD to work his magic with this roster.

Easiest way out of this is to trade Nurk for picks to some team that can just take his whole salary and draft a replacement big. Doing that cuts 18M off the books and brings us below the 2nd apron. Then, we can sign a FA PG like Fultz or whoever cheaply while also buying some draft picks via Ish's billions.

Return to Phoenix Suns