ImageImageImage

The Official 2024 Offseason Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

What WC and EC team are you pulling for in the 2nd round?

Mavs
3%
Nuggets
8%
Thunder
19%
Twolves
20%
Cavs
2%
Celtics
3%
Knicks
19%
Pacers
27%

Total votes: 64

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,649

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#301 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:24 pm

Does anyone want to chip in for a billboard that says "Ishbia, pull your head out of your ass!"
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,965

Post#302 » by Saberestar » Sun May 5, 2024 7:27 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Any interest in a 6'4 PG who averaged this season 11.1 points, 4.5 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 1.1 steals?

Yeah....I am talking about Westbrook. I know about his TOs and lack of shooting BUT he plays with incredible high motor all the time, loves the game and has a good all-around game yet.

He played great next to Beal in Washington and obviously has a history next to KD. I think he could be open to play for us on a minimum deal.

Are we trying to win a title or become the undisputed laughing stock of the league ? Mavs fans were joking Westbrick is their best player. 25% from the field and same number of TOs as assists in the playoffs like this team needs more TO prone players.

He played well all season long for the Clippers and he would be on a minimum contract.

I like the fit because we are lacking some of his best skills...high motor, constant effort, intensity and defense.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,303

Post#303 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 5, 2024 7:35 pm

I think Kolek can start. All he'll be needed for is setting up the Big 3. Play even a modicum of defense and that's all we need from our PGs
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,799

Post#304 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 5, 2024 7:58 pm

https://fadeawayworld.net/5-best-destinations-for-kevin-durant-if-he-demands-a-trade-again-this-offseason

5 Best Destinations For Kevin Durant If He Demands A Trade Again This Offseason

Exploring the best destinations for Kevin Durant if he demands a trade away from the Suns.
FRAN LEIVA
8 HOURS AGO

1- A Long-Awaited Reunion In San Francisco
Golden State Warriors Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga, Moses Moody, 2025 first-round pick, 2027 first-round pick.

2- Redemption In Oklahoma City With The Young Thunder
Oklahoma City Thunder Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Lu Dort, Josh Giddey, Aaron Wiggins, 2025 first-round pick (76ers), 2027 first-round pick (Thunder), 2027 first-round pick (Nuggets).

3- The Miami Heat Find Their Missing Piece
Miami Heat Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Nikola Jovic, Jaime Jaquez, 2024 first-round pick.

4- The Lakers Form An Incredible Big 3
Los Angeles Lakers Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
D’Angelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, Taurean Prince, Max Christie, 2029 First-Round Pick, 2030 First-Round Pick Swap.

5- The Hawks Give Trae Young A New Superstar
Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Dejounte Murray, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Onyeka Okongwu, 2024 first-round pick (Kings), 2024 first-round pick, 2029 first-round pick.

IF KD was to get frustrated and ask out, how would you guys rate these trade destination ideas?

I think for my part, I'd rank them as :
1- OKC Thunder.
2- Atlanta Hawks.
3- Golden State Warriors.
4- Miami Heat.
5- LA Lakers.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#305 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 5, 2024 8:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Does anyone want to chip in for a billboard that says "Ishbia, pull your head out of your ass!"

Let's start a "go fund me"! :D
I'm pretty sure we could get a ton of sympathy offerings alone after the press conference that he and Jones gave.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,303

Post#306 » by Slim Charless » Sun May 5, 2024 8:06 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Does anyone want to chip in for a billboard that says "Ishbia, pull your head out of your ass!"

I'm pretty sure we could get a ton of sympathy offerings alone after the press conference that he and Jones gave.
Saberestar wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:Harden? So we might just add arguably (there's so many contenders) the most unlikable person of them all to this **** disaster?

Good grief.

GOOD GRIEF.

Who would you like to play for the Suns?

Serious question because I have seen from you that you like (something along the lines) hard workers and unselfish players with no ego. Who can fit that mold?

After this disgraceful showing, I wonder if Franz can be had? Am I insane to think there's a Beal possibility there lol?

PS: Worst game 7 in NBA history I think for the mins played
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#307 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 5, 2024 8:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is he going to play for the minimum? He is not a leader either? I really am not a Harden fan. I used to be in his very early Houston days and OKC days but then he became way too full of himself. We have enough of that already.

I thought this was an interesting but strange tweet too, and wondered how it would be expected to happen for them to put us so high on the betting sites for it. Now I'm sure the people promoting this would probably be thinking something stupid like a KD for Harden/filler trade or even worse, probably a Booker for Harden-type premise which would be incredibly outrageous and asinine. And I agree, I can't see any way that Harden would take the vet min to come play here! Even if it was just for one season to try and win a championship! Although it would be hilarious for multiple reasons if he somehow did choose to do that.

Really, the only way I could see it working is IF it became a sign n trade with the Clippers resigning Harden and then trading him here in exchange for Beal going back to them IF he was also agreeable. But I'm not sure I could see Beal being interested in that too much either, and the logistics of making it happen might be very complicated and convoluted as most everything is with the new CBA. :-?
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#308 » by wordsenuff » Sun May 5, 2024 8:16 pm

Hard to believe people actually saying they don't want Harden or Westbrook. In our situation, we'd be lucky if we could even figure out how to get either. There is no player taking a minimum that is better than those guys.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,440

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#309 » by sunskerr » Sun May 5, 2024 8:28 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Are we seriously talking about Ben freaking Simmons?

What we really need is the opposite of a leader who is more injured than anyone who chokes in big games. What does he average? 10 games a season the last 5-7 years?

Beal for Simmons is a GREAT move because he's an expiring. But that's precisely why they won't trade him for Beal lol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,649

Post#310 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:31 pm

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Are we seriously talking about Ben freaking Simmons?

What we really need is the opposite of a leader who is more injured than anyone who chokes in big games. What does he average? 10 games a season the last 5-7 years?

Beal for Simmons is a GREAT move because he's an expiring. But that's precisely why they won't trade him for Beal lol.

But it doesn't create cap space, and Beal is definitely the superior player who is actually far more healthy.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,006

Post#311 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 5, 2024 8:37 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

But it doesn't create cap space, and Beal is definitely the superior player who is actually far more healthy.

Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 702

Post#312 » by Kyler Murray » Sun May 5, 2024 9:48 pm

Everyone was treating the wolves like **** for the Rudy trade an calling the experiment a failure. Look at them now. At least give these guys another chance, if they still suck and are nonchalant blow it up at the trade deadline.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#313 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 5, 2024 9:59 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:Everyone was treating the wolves like **** for the Rudy trade an calling the experiment a failure. Look at them now. At least give these guys another chance, if they still suck and are nonchalant blow it up at the trade deadline.

That is the current plan based on the Ishbia/Jones press conference.

The question is who will be our head coach and assistant.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#314 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 5, 2024 10:12 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://fadeawayworld.net/5-best-destinations-for-kevin-durant-if-he-demands-a-trade-again-this-offseason

Exploring the best destinations for Kevin Durant if he demands a trade away from the Suns.
FRAN LEIVA
8 HOURS AGO

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga, Moses Moody, 2025 first-round pick, 2027 first-round pick.

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Lu Dort, Josh Giddey, Aaron Wiggins, 2025 first-round pick (76ers), 2027 first-round pick (Thunder), 2027 first-round pick (Nuggets).

Miami Heat Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Nikola Jovic, Jaime Jaquez, 2024 first-round pick.

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
D’Angelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, Taurean Prince, Max Christie, 2029 First-Round Pick, 2030 First-Round Pick Swap.

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:
Dejounte Murray, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Onyeka Okongwu, 2024 first-round pick (Kings), 2024 first-round pick, 2029 first-round pick.

IF KD was to get frustrated and ask out, how would you guys rate these trade destination ideas?

1- OKC Thunder.
2- Atlanta Hawks.
4- Miami Heat.
5- LA Lakers.

Definitely would send him to OKC so they can win a chip.

Those other deals are hot garbage.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,644

Post#315 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun May 5, 2024 10:29 pm

TeamTragic wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:Everyone was treating the wolves like **** for the Rudy trade an calling the experiment a failure. Look at them now. At least give these guys another chance, if they still suck and are nonchalant blow it up at the trade deadline.

That is the current plan based on the Ishbia/Jones press conference.

The question is who will be our head coach and assistant.

Mike Budenholzer head coach and Mike Dantoni as assistant. Hopefully it gets announced within a week. The double “M’s”.

https://youtu.be/wh3FCjeynuY?si=72aTWG-6alxhUY3Y
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,746

Post#316 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:33 pm

TeamTragic wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter

You think this was what Flex was alluding to when he said there was a "scenario".

I mean would Harden address our issues?

The playmaking, yes. He's one of the best playmakers in the league.

But he's not going to sign for the minimum
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,441

Post#317 » by dremill24 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:35 pm

TeamTragic wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:https://fadeawayworld.net/5-best-destinations-for-kevin-durant-if-he-demands-a-trade-again-this-offseason

FRAN LEIVA
8 HOURS AGO

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:

Miami Heat Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:

Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Kevin Durant.

Phoenix Suns Receive:

1- OKC Thunder.
2- Atlanta Hawks.
4- Miami Heat.
5- LA Lakers.

Definitely would send him to OKC so they can win a chip.

Those other deals are hot garbage.

Most KD deals are going to look like 'hot garbage.' You're not going to be able to trade him for an 'upgrade.'
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#318 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:36 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Saberestar wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:Harden? So we might just add arguably (there's so many contenders) the most unlikable person of them all to this **** disaster?

Good grief.

GOOD GRIEF.

Who would you like to play for the Suns?

Serious question because I have seen from you that you like (something along the lines) hard workers and unselfish players with no ego. Who can fit that mold?

After this disgraceful showing, I wonder if Franz can be had? Am I insane to think there's a Beal possibility there lol?

PS: Worst game 7 in NBA history I think for the mins played

Dude's 22 while putting up 20/5/4 in the regular season and 21/7/4 in the playoffs (ex G7). He's got a bright future and certainly not gonna be traded over one bad game
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#319 » by TeamTragic » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

Per Stein Lue wants to stay with the Clippers. Harden chose the Clippers so I don't see him leaving either.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#320 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:06 pm

TeamTragic wrote:Per Stein Lue wants to stay with the Clippers. Harden chose the Clippers so I don't see him leaving either.

He also chose to go to Houston, Brooklyn and Philly as well

Return to Phoenix Suns