51%

Total votes: 59

Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,467

Re: Bigger surprise? Messi to PSG vs Cristiano returns to Man Utd 

Post#61 » by Slim Charlez » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:31 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
UcanUwill wrote: You know, I never called Baseball or American Football garbage because I never watched it, in fact I didn't call it that, because I never watched it. I just dont know how entertaining or not entertaining it is. You claim you dont even know how Ronaldo and Messi look like, which is nice cave you must live in, but still go out of the way to call Soccer garbage. Thats just ignorant child move, somethings not part of my life so it must suck.

I used to never watch Soccer myself, but just get all info from FIFA games whch I was a fan of despite not being a fan of Sport itself really, but several years ago I got Viasat sports subscribtion, purely for Euroleague games, but subscribtion also had Premier league and Champions league games, and after checking it out, I really became a real fan of the sport, I really understand why it is considered great.

Thats super awesome for you!

Now please, with sugar on top, **** off to a soccer forum to discuss it.

You know you could just not click on the thread instead of coming on here and making a complete ass of yourself.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Post#62 » by xdrta+ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:31 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Honestly there is nothing worse than posters trying to mod and dictate what should be posted. Some of us enjoy these OT threads so why ruin it? Don't click the thread if you don't like it.

Can I ask, do you also discuss this on the soccer forum? You know, with others that are there to talk about soccer? Just curious.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach

Post#63 » by Slim Charlez » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
He makes a point (not specifically about soccer). Where do we draw the line? Can I make posts about e-sports as well? Maybe some chess threads? The World Series of Poker is coming up soon, we could do a thread for that as well on the Basketball General Board.

Or, we can use the off topic / other sports boards within Realgm...but those won't get you the clicks and attention you want since they're not so frequently visited.

Its not hard to draw a line here... Ronaldo and Messi are still global phenom athletes signing with some if the biggest sports franchises of all time, I think that can get a pass as OT thread here.

I really dont like when people say where do we draw the line, when most of the time its obvious where to draw it. It is like when Trump used this same excuse when America where taking down slavers confederate generals' statues.

Is it obvious though? Roger Federer and Nadal are two of the biggest global sports stars as well, they'll not be competing in the US Open coming up to see who of them and Djokovic will be the first to 21 Grand Slams (a historic achievement in Tennis). Should I go make an OT "Breaking News: Nadal out of US open" and "Breaking News: Federer out of US Open"? Same for Serena, the female GOAT of a sport played around the world.

Throwing Trump in there is just weird. This is a logical thing to ask - there's tons of major global sports where big achievements happen every week, should we get an OT thread for them? There's a huge fight (err, more like "spectacle") happening tomorrow with Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley - it's all over social media, should we get a fight night thread going?

There was a thread on Pacquiao about a week or so ago and no one seemed to mind. Just don't click on the thread if the topic doesn't interest you, there's literally nothing going on in the NBA right now.
VeritasTri
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#64 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Slim Charlez wrote:You know you could just not click on the thread instead of coming on here and making a complete ass of yourself.

Luckily im only "making a complete ass of myself" in the eyes of soccer fans.

Who cares what they think, they are full of bad choices. :lol:
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#65 » by azcatz11 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Honestly there is nothing worse than posters trying to mod and dictate what should be posted. Some of us enjoy these OT threads so why ruin it? Don't click the thread if you don't like it.

Can I ask, do you also discuss this on the soccer forum? You know, with others that are there to talk about soccer? Just curious.

No.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by Slim Charlez » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:42 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
Slim Charlez wrote:You know you could just not click on the thread instead of coming on here and making a complete ass of yourself.

Luckily im only "making a complete ass of myself" in the eyes of soccer fans.

Who cares what they think, they are full of bad choices. :lol:

So **** lame. :roll:
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#67 » by skones » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:51 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
Because there has been a glut of off topic garbage here recently and I decided to voice my opinion on it.

Soccer fans sure are sensitive little things. Clutching their pearls at the notion that somebody doesnt want to hear about their sport on a forum dedicated to a different sport.

You are literally throwing a hissy fit over a soccer thread being on a basketball forum and you have the audacity to call others sensitive?

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

I made a short post wondering why theres a soccer thread in a basketball forum and got called a douchebag, called insecure, told im throwing a hissy fit, and heckled by a mod over it.

Seems like flopping and acting like a child is common amongst soccer players AND fans.

Yes, because flopping doesn't happen in basketball! Neither does whining about calls!

VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#68 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:55 pm

skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:
skones wrote:
You are literally throwing a hissy fit over a soccer thread being on a basketball forum and you have the audacity to call others sensitive?

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

I made a short post wondering why theres a soccer thread in a basketball forum and got called a douchebag, called insecure, told im throwing a hissy fit, and heckled by a mod over it.

Seems like flopping and acting like a child is common amongst soccer players AND fans.

Yes, because flopping doesn't happen in basketball! Neither does whining about calls!

Look at all the sensitive soccer kids seething over my questioning this thread being on the GB.

:lol:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#69 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:57 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
Look at all the sensitive soccer kids seething over my questioning this thread being on the GB.

Yes, because all you did were question why this thread is here... You are the one acting like a child and people just called you out for acting like a clown.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,584

Post#70 » by DaPessimist » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Neither is surprising. Except for that I could have sworn that just yesterday I read an article that said Ronaldo was signing with Man City.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#71 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:03 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

Yes, because all you did were question why this thread is here... You are the one acting like a child and people just called you out for acting like a clown.

"Biggest surprise is having to see soccer garbage on a basketball forum."

Thats all I said and was promptly called a douchebag, attention seeker, insecure, etc etc.

Seethe more.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#72 » by UcanUwill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:08 pm

DaPessimist wrote:Neither is surprising. Except for that I could have sworn that just yesterday I read an article that said Ronaldo was signing with Man City.

Ronaldo signing with United is not surprising to you? I dont know, I follow zero Soccer news, so I didnt even know Ronaldo was available at all. Maybe the rest of you knew this, but for me it came out of the blue.

Messi leaving Barca was known even to me, I get that fact itself seems shocking, but the prelude to this was so long, we all must have been desensitize to PSG move at this point. I dont see how one can vote Messi here.

VeritasTri wrote:
"Biggest surprise is having to see soccer garbage on a basketball forum."

Thats all I said and was promptly called a douchebag, attention seeker, insecure, etc etc.

Seethe more.

If you dont see the wrongness in your actions you took in this thread, thats kinda a really bad social sign.
skones
RealGM

Post#73 » by skones » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Live look at VeritasTri when he sees a soccer thread on the GB

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,297

Post#74 » by KembaWalker » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:18 pm

i only watch NBA so the only thing I'm surprised about is that they aren't teaming up
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#75 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:30 pm

UcanUwill wrote:If you dont see the wrongness in your actions you took in this thread, thats kinda a really bad social sign.

The wrongness of my actions? Jesus. :lol:

Maybe my social circle doesnt include seething soccer ninnies.
VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#76 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:34 pm

skones wrote:Live look at VeritasTri when he sees a soccer thread on the GB

Live look at seething soccer fans when somebody questions why they are polluting a basketball forum

skones
RealGM

Post#77 » by skones » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:37 pm

VeritasTri wrote:
Live look at seething soccer fans when somebody questions why they are polluting a basketball forum

There we have it! Admittance that you're the one ACTUALLY seething and the one with the problem! Thanks for playing!

VeritasTri
Sophomore

Post#78 » by VeritasTri » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 pm

skones wrote:
VeritasTri wrote:

There we have it! Admittance that you're the one ACTUALLY seething and the one with the problem! Thanks for playing!

Why am I not surprised that reading comprehension is beyond you.

beep boop
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,575

Post#79 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:15 pm

When I always see those staggeringly high $$$ numbers in soccer transactions, my first thought is "how much of this is money laundering"?
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,566

Post#80 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Both surprising.

The Ronaldo thing is more-so surprising to me personally, because I never thought he'd come back.

Return to The General Soccer Board