Transfer Thread: 2023 -> 2024

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Transfer Thread: 2023 -> 2024 

Post#101 » by HIF » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:55 am

Baphomet wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:Declan Rice is gonna end up at Man CIty, isn't he?

Yo, good to see you man. Hope you're doing well.

About Rice, it really depends on a few things. The initial reports during the season suggested that he wanted to stay in London, which could still be a factor that of course works in Arsenal's favour. However, you'd think that City could pay him quite a lot more and offer a better chance at winning the major honours. No disrespect to Arsenal in that sense, they've improved significantly, but realistically City are the best team in Europe and look set to be for the foreseeable future. But that also begs the question: Do City really need him?

With Xhaka leaving there's a vacuum in that position that Rice could fill and improve upon, so there's no doubt that Rice would be a great fit. Gundogan has left City, which means there's a regular midfield slot to fill there, too, and though that's much less of a like-for-like swap than Xhaka, you could argue City's tactical fluidity creates less rigid positional definition. Rice's presence could allow Rodri to play more freely.

Obviously on a personal level I hope he chooses City, because I really rate Rice and don't want Arsenal to get better. Wherever he ends up, he's going to thrive.

It's the age old question. Playing time and importance to team or winning trophies.

Mahrez has won lots of great trophies with Man city, and I'm sure he doesn't regret his move, but you can bet that it's the prem title with Leicester that will remain with him for longest. He was integral for Leicester, for Man C he's great but they can win things without him playing - like the final of the CL.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 859

Post#102 » by LDNMagic90 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:37 am

Baphomet wrote:Chelsea reject United's third bid for Mount, which was estimated at around 50m +5m add-ons.

I get the feeling this will be done soon, though. The player wants the move and they don't seem too far apart on valuation.

I heard they have agreed a fee and the news will break soonish. I think something around 57m rising to 60ishm. He only has one year left this is crazy ha! Imagine if he had 2/3 years left
HIF
RealGM

Post#103 » by HIF » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:15 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:Chelsea reject United's third bid for Mount, which was estimated at around 50m +5m add-ons.

I get the feeling this will be done soon, though. The player wants the move and they don't seem too far apart on valuation.

I heard they have agreed a fee and the news will break soonish. I think something around 57m rising to 60ishm. He only has one year left this is crazy ha! Imagine if he had 2/3 years left

I can't see how that doesn't signify £60m for Maddison. I'll take that. Get on with it Spurs/Newcastle.

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#104 » by The_Brecht » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:21 am

HIF wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:This whole Chelsea, PIF and Newcastle thing is pure madness and it's insane to think the FA, UEFA or FIFA are going to do anything about it.

It's a f'n disgrace to the sport.

Is it anymore of a disgrace than Man U, ManC, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSG, RM, Barça being able to cherry pick because they can pay wages far higher than all the other teams in their leagues. I think not. Can't see why people don't see these teams have been doing exactly the same thing for decades.

It's the fact that Boehly is a member of PIF, which owns those Saudi clubs and also Newcastle.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#105 » by The_Brecht » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:24 am

Also, now talks of Neves going on a two year loan to Newcastle.
C'mon man.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#106 » by LDNMagic90 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:01 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

I can't see how that doesn't signify £60m for Maddison. I'll take that. Get on with it Spurs/Newcastle.

I don’t even think Spurs are really in for Maddison to be honest, I think Newcastle definitely are and I can see him going there possibly. I can see you guys netting around 90 mill for Barnes and Maddison alone tbf.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#107 » by LDNMagic90 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:02 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Also, now talks of Neves going on a two year loan to Newcastle.
C'mon man.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into that link just yet, it’s come from a source that’s pretty unreliable. They more or less put two and two together, I just think Newcastle signing Tonali and possibly Maddison will put ice on that link. I can see Neves on loan to Barca though.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#108 » by LDNMagic90 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:06 pm

Also I think Rice will be an Arsenal player, I’m not claiming to be ITK but I know one of his mutuals and he’s said from around April his heart was set on staying in London and has been convinced about joining them. He originally was tempted by Bayern but I think his lady and family wanted him to stay in London/UK.

I think the City interest is real but they are not a club to go after players that are 50/50 about joining them really
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,662

Post#109 » by Baphomet » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Interesting to see that Brighton have targeted Mohammed Kudus.

It's mostly interesting because it seems to contradict their usual moneyball strategy of scouting and signing relatively unknown talents at a low fee, developing them and then selling them on. Kudus is already well established as a talent and will probably command a decent fee. We'll see if they're successful.
HIF
RealGM

Post#110 » by HIF » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:51 am

The_Brecht wrote:
HIF wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:This whole Chelsea, PIF and Newcastle thing is pure madness and it's insane to think the FA, UEFA or FIFA are going to do anything about it.

It's a f'n disgrace to the sport.

Is it anymore of a disgrace than Man U, ManC, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSG, RM, Barça being able to cherry pick because they can pay wages far higher than all the other teams in their leagues. I think not. Can't see why people don't see these teams have been doing exactly the same thing for decades.

It's the fact that Boehly is a member of PIF, which owns those Saudi clubs and also Newcastle.

I don't believe that you are right there.Boehly isn't a part of PIF.

HIF
RealGM

Post#111 » by HIF » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:52 am

The_Brecht wrote:Also, now talks of Neves going on a two year loan to Newcastle.
C'mon man.

Talk

Don't believe what you read, there are more lies than truth out there.

HIF
RealGM

Post#112 » by HIF » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:53 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

I don’t even think Spurs are really in for Maddison to be honest, I think Newcastle definitely are and I can see him going there possibly. I can see you guys netting around 90 mill for Barnes and Maddison alone tbf.

I think Spurs are in for him, in the way that teams are "in" for players these days. I'd accept £90m for the 2 in the situation that we are in.

HIF
RealGM

Post#113 » by HIF » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:55 am

Baphomet wrote:Interesting to see that Brighton have targeted Mohammed Kudus.

It's mostly interesting because it seems to contradict their usual moneyball strategy of scouting and signing relatively unknown talents at a low fee, developing them and then selling them on. Kudus is already well established as a talent and will probably command a decent fee. We'll see if they're successful.

It's what happens to lower tier level clubs when they suddenly have a (outside) chance of disrupting the CL boys. It'll probably all end in tears like it has for us.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#114 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:58 am

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:

I think Spurs are in for him, in the way that teams are "in" for players these days. I'd accept £90m for the 2 in the situation that we are in.

My favourite thing right now is that pundits and these bs merchants on Twitter keep saying Villa are in for Maddison or have urged us to move for him.

Firstly, he’s a Coventry lad from a Coventry supporting family and he’s made it KNOWN he’s not fond of us lol. You can check his socials and any time he’s scored against us or Leicester have won he’s always made some sort of reference to us. Secondly he will have better suitors to us anyway, he’s a top player but there’s not a single villa fan that will believe we are in for him mainly for point 1 and also he’ll probably prefer to play in the champions league for someone.
HIF
RealGM

Post#115 » by HIF » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:22 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

My favourite thing right now is that pundits and these bs merchants on Twitter keep saying Villa are in for Maddison or have urged us to move for him.

Firstly, he’s a Coventry lad from a Coventry supporting family and he’s made it KNOWN he’s not fond of us lol. You can check his socials and any time he’s scored against us or Leicester have won he’s always made some sort of reference to us. Secondly he will have better suitors to us anyway, he’s a top player but there’s not a single villa fan that will believe we are in for him mainly for point 1 and also he’ll probably prefer to play in the champions league for someone.

Read today that spurs have proposed £30m. If that's true Levy really is a joke and a skinflint. we may as well hold onto him until end January with that sort of offer.

magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,183

Post#116 » by magik9113 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:04 am

Baphomet wrote:Gundogan to Barca looks to be done as well.

Meanwhile, Spurs are close to signing Guglielmo Vicario from Empoli. Looks like Brentford weren't going to budge on their £40m valuation of Raya, so we've gone elsewhere.

Don't know much about him other than Inter also wanted him.

magik9113 wrote:.

Paging Magik.

Great keeper based off last season, definitely deserves a shot with a big club.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,183

Post#117 » by magik9113 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:06 am

Baphomet wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

bomba.

Personally I would have thought Newcastle's next big splurge would be on a #10 to play in front of Guimaraes (Wirtz / Cherki), whereas Tonali is at his best as a deep lying 6.

Interesting player though, neat on the ball and physical. Definitely suits their DNA.

This would be a really good signing for them. Tonali is class.

Crazy decision from Milan but the money they’re getting is worth it honestly. Their fans are in an uproar as they got rid of Maldini and now transferred their young talent who was a lifelong Milan fan himself.
Terrible move as always for an Italian CM to go to the EPL. Could ruin his career
HIF
RealGM

Post#118 » by HIF » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:53 am

magik9113 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:
stormi wrote:
Read on Twitter

bomba.

Personally I would have thought Newcastle's next big splurge would be on a #10 to play in front of Guimaraes (Wirtz / Cherki), whereas Tonali is at his best as a deep lying 6.

Interesting player though, neat on the ball and physical. Definitely suits their DNA.

This would be a really good signing for them. Tonali is class.

Crazy decision from Milan but the money they’re getting is worth it honestly. Their fans are in an uproar as they got rid of Maldini and now transferred their young talent who was a lifelong Milan fan himself.
Terrible move as always for an Italian CM to go to the EPL. Could ruin his career

Do you feel same way about the EPL teams buying up Italian talent as some EPL fans feel about the Saudis buying their talent.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#119 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:32 am

Spurs are in for Maddison I guess I was wrong lol but it sounds like the talks are progressing well. On the other end Bayern are in for Kane.

This is a very interesting summer for Spurs.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,464

Post#120 » by Baseline81 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:44 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:Spurs are in for Maddison I guess I was wrong lol but it sounds like the talks are progressing well. On the other end Bayern are in for Kane.

This is a very interesting summer for Spurs.

I could see Levi selling Kane to Bayern and not PL rivals, however, the €70m + add-ons in Ornstein's article is not enough.

Return to The General Soccer Board