ImageImageImage

Salmons MIP?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Rickdiculous
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Rickdiculous » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:55 pm

Salmons has definitely improved his efficiency on the offensive end (50% FG). However, when it comes to discussing MIP Kaman is really the only candidate for that award at the moment. Bynum is also up there.

Salmons has shown a nice improvement, but his improvements pale into comparison to Kaman and Bynum. Also with the return of Bibby and Martin I think his averages will dip a bit. Props to Salmons nonetheless.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#22 » by The Sixer Fixer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:15 pm

I agree with the comments about Kaman being the #1 candidate right now. He's a completely different player this year. Just goes to show what hard work in the offseason can do for a player. Rumor is he worked a lot with Brand in the offseason (Brand actually got hurt in those workouts). What could Brand do for Sammy D....hum....

The rest of my top 10 would be...

2 - D. Howrd - would be unreal if he could actually make a FT
3 - Bynum - gaining Jackson's trust isn't easy.
4 - C. Paul - was very good already, but has improved all-around by a bit this year.
5 - Aldridge - maybe just due to the added minutes, but he's a lot more confident this year
6 - Salmons - taking advantage of a great opportunity in Sac.
7 - Gay - looked lost a lot last year, now becomming a goto guy.
8 - Beno Udrih - played great since trade to Sac.
9 - Ronnie Brewer - looking like a good all-around player
10 - Dunleavy - seems to be thriving in O'Brien's system
Rickdiculous
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Rickdiculous » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:43 pm

OT - I have a running bet with a co-worker that Kaman will end the season with an efficiency of 24.50 or better (anything below that and my co-worker wins the bet). This is efficiency per game as stated on NBA.com. He is currently listed at 25.23.

What do you guys think my chances are with winning this bet? His efficiency is usually a bit higher as he just came off a game where he shot 1 for 10.
The Sixer Fixer
Lead Assistant
And1: 60

Post#24 » by The Sixer Fixer » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:46 pm

Rickdiculous wrote:OT - I have a running bet with a co-worker that Kaman will end the season with an efficiency of 24.50 or better (anything below that and my co-worker wins the bet). This is efficiency per game as stated on NBA.com. He is currently listed at 25.23.

What do you guys think my chances are with winning this bet? His efficiency is usually a bit higher as he just came off a game where he shot 1 for 10.

I think that will depend on if/when Brand comes back and how that affects Kaman. If Brand doesn't return, you could win. If he does and Kaman reverts back to being the 2006-2007 version, you will probably lose.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#25 » by kingofthecourt67 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:33 am

I remember Iverson was on fire against the Hawks where he had put up 50 points in the game. The game remained close as it went into the 4th quarter and then Salmons took a couple of ill-advised shots and missed them and basically lost us the game. Asked about it after, Salmons claimed he took his final shot, a 3 pointer, for pride.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#26 » by sec-106 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:57 pm

I go with Aldridge for MIP.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#27 » by ITK9 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:17 pm

imo comparing salmons to willie is a joke.salmons is 10 times better

Return to Philadelphia 76ers