Records
Sixers: 14-17 (Won 1 Straight)
Jazz: 17-16 (Won 1 Straight)

Previous Meetings
Nov. 28th @ PHI: Jazz 106, Sixers 95

Probable Starters
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

I really don't have a good feeling on this game but I think the Jazz win hence...

My Prediction: Jazz by 10+

Here are the updated standings in The Rose Bowl.
The Sixers are OUT of the Bottom 10. Until then, the list is gone.

Here are the updated standings in The Race For Eighth
8. Image14-16
9. Image14-17
10. Image14-17

Meet The Dancers. It's time for the 10th lady out of the 15 dancers. Enjoy.

Meet Kirstyn
Birthday: December 28
Hometown: Marlton, NJ
Education: Rutgers University
Favorite Sixer: Andre Igudola
Biggest pet peeve: Chewing with your mouth open.
My proudest accomplishment: Becoming captain of the sixers dancers.
Beauty Product you can't live without: Eyelash curler
What is the best advice you could give to kids: Stay close to your family and work hard in school.
Sweats or a dress: Sweats

Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#2 » by Cru Thik » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:42 am

I think Boozer and Williams could have a field day vs us. Korver will definitely be trying to impress against his old team.

76ers dance team should find some hotter girls lol.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Post#3 » by Welfare Fraud » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:45 am

Cassidy wrote:76ers dance team should find some hotter girls lol.

Seriously.. I think rebuilding the dance team is more important than rebuilding the Sixers at this point
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#4 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:07 am

Man... we haven't even gotten to the bottom of the barrell yet. Seriously... we need to get some fresh talent on that roster sooner than later.
The76thDegree
Starter
And1: 102

Post#5 » by The76thDegree » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:58 pm

Seriously most of those girls have a beaten down look to them - being a Sixers girl is not all thats its cracked up to be i guess - Luckily they have plastic surgey (Gods eraser) available to them
dond
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#6 » by dond » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:36 pm

Sixers get buried in this one. Jazz are too strong inside and now ... outside also (Korver).
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm a little shocked to read that dond believes the Sixers are going to get buried in a game. Is this a sign that the apocalypse is upon us???
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 184

Post#8 » by UptownPhilly » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:27 pm

Korver is gonna give us a hard time in this game. I think we ultimately lose by double digits(12-15 pts.)

lol The Sixers dancers aren't too fine. I think we should trade some of our Dancers for The Miami Heat Dancers. Is that legal? :pray:
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:32 pm

Roletagg wrote:lol The Sixers dancers aren't too fine. I think we should trade some of our Dancers for The Miami Heat Dancers. Is that legal? :pray:

It's legal but seriously... that would be like trading DWade for Willie. Sure we'd do it in a second but there's no chance the Heat do it. I think Stefanski needs to get involved and acquire some ladies when he makes his next trade.
UptownPhilly
Analyst

Post#10 » by UptownPhilly » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:37 pm

The Guilty Party wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's legal but seriously... that would be like trading DWade for Willie. Sure we'd do it in a second but there's no chance the Heat do it. I think Stefanski needs to get involved and acquire some ladies when he makes his next trade.

Aww man......Well there are some hot women in Philly, and these dancers aren't representing us well.

It's all about looks, not talent, and what's on the inside.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#11 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:40 pm

The Guilty Party wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Isiah gets fired we can hire him to head our lady scouting department.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#12 » by ITK9 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:46 pm

i am one of the rare fans of trying to make the playoffs.teams and players like iggy,lou,thad and smith doesn't improove by loosing games.and after what i've seen this season, we have a very good defensive team and i really think that we have a small chance in east.back on topic-i wouln't bet for loose in any game after what i've seen this season.maybe agaisnt celtics and spurs we don't really have chances.jazz doesn't look like last season at all.i think we have a chance tonight.a small one.
UptownPhilly
Analyst

Post#13 » by UptownPhilly » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:47 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Isiah gets fired we can hire him to head our lady scouting department.

OUCH!

If they get out of line we can sign Ruben Patterson to keep them in check.
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow.... just WOW!

What really needs to happen is the Sixers need to go after the Eagles Cheerleaders. Surely the Sixers pay more for 41 home games INDOORS than the Eagles do for 8 games OUTDOORS, right???
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#15 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:41 pm

On a side note: Who comes up with these lame names? We are called the freaking "Seventy Sixers". And the "Flyers". The Eagles is the best team name besides the "Phillies" and even that name sucks ass.
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#16 » by Cru Thik » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:55 pm

The girls on our high school dance team were hotter than these chicks. We just need to go to a mall and pick our own girls and bring them to the games who's with me? I got Neshaminy someone get King of Prussia, Franklin Mills and any others you can think of. An when all is lost just go in the Hollister store yes it's like the worse store ever but plenty of hot bitches. :)
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
underpressure
Analyst
And1: 239

Post#17 » by underpressure » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:20 pm

Well, if you need hot girls you should be ultimately going to Prague and Bratislava. It is like a candy store if you are there. :D
carltong23
Junior
And1: 6

Post#18 » by carltong23 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:31 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:On a side note: Who comes up with these lame names? We are called the freaking "Seventy Sixers". And the "Flyers". The Eagles is the best team name besides the "Phillies" and even that name sucks ass.

The 76ers have a great team name. Anybody can pick an animal and name your team after it. Thats all these franchises do nowadays. What happened to the good old days when teams had creativity. Old team names that made you think a little. Teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Pacers and Squires? Now we get silly names like Raptors, Grizzlies, and the freakin Bobcats? Animals, animals, animals. Our team name is GREAT!!!
The Guilty Party
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by The Guilty Party » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:37 pm

I like the fact that the Sixers were named by the fans and not by an ownership group. I'm sure most of you know this but the young bucks on this board might not so here's the story.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/history/name.html

Have you ever wondered how the Philadelphia 76ers got their name?

The NBA franchise actually began in 1949, when six teams from the midwest-based National Basketball League joined the Basketball Association of America to form the 17 team National Basketball Association. One of those teams was the Syracuse Nationals, which eventually became the Philadelphia 76ers.

In the spring of 1963, the Syracuse Nationals were purchased by two Philadelpians, Irv Kosloff and Ike Richman, and the NBA approved the franchise shift formally on May 22.

The franchise then held a contest to name the club and on August 6, 1963, the Nationals changed their name. The late Walt Stahlberg, of West Collingswood, New Jersey, won the contest, of which 500 different suggestions were entered.

Stahlberg was one of several who picked the 76ers. However, his accompanying 25-word explanation was deemed the best by the judges, and he and his wife received an all-expense trip to the West Coast to see the newly-named 76ers play San Francisco.
UptownPhilly
Analyst

Post#20 » by UptownPhilly » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:38 pm

carltong23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The 76ers have a great team name. Anybody can pick an animal and name your team after it. Thats all these franchises do nowadays. What happened to the good old days when teams had creativity. Old team names that made you think a little. Teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Pacers and Squires? Now we get silly names like Raptors, Grizzlies, and the freakin Bobcats? Animals, animals, animals. Our team name is GREAT!!!

I agree the 76ers is a very clever name. It symbolizes Philadelphia's rich history as the nation's first capital. The Declaration of Independence was signed in Philly in June of 1776. This Declaration declared the US as a nation independent of imperialist Great Britain.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers