ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid Hypothetical Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 862

Joel Embiid Hypothetical Trade Thread 

Post#1 » by Ferry Avenue » Wed May 15, 2024 7:21 pm

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2024-04-23-chris-broussard-sixers-need-to-start-taking-trade-offers-for-joel-embiid/

Chris Broussard: “If I were the Sixers, I would be so frustrated with Joel Embiid. They’re legitimate injuries most of the time -- it’s not like he’s faking or anything, it’s not like he’s just soft, but he’s never healthy at this time of year. We’ve talked about a lot of guys who fade in the playoffs... Of course, James Harden most notably. D’Angelo Russell with the Lakers... In his last 9 playoff games that he’s played in, Embiid has only shot 50% or better once. He’s 7’2”, 300 pounds... Last year his scoring average went down 10 points in the playoffs, and I think a lot of it is he’s always banged up. It’s at the point where I just bake in Joel Embiid being hurt in the playoffs. He may play but generally he will miss a game or two. Only one time in his several years in the playoffs has he ever played every playoff game, and that was in 2020, but they only played four games and got swept by Boston. Every other year he’s missed at least a game or two, but even the games he plays, he’s banged up.

The Sixers have tons of money under the salary cap this year. They could actually sign two max players. At least one and then have plenty left after that. If I were the Sixers, I would probably start shopping Joel Embiid. The reason I won’t now is to see if we can trade for a Donovan Mitchell, can we sign a Paul George? I don’t think they’ll go after LeBron necessarily, but they could go all-in if they were trying to win it next year. I wanna see what I can put around Embiid this summer, but even that being the case – my phone is ‘CALL ME.’ I’ll listen, and I’ll listen in earnest. I’m not saying I’ll trade him, but call me and let’s see what you’re willing to offer.

I’m not even blaming it on him but I don’t think he’s going to be healthy this time of the year EVER. I can't say he ‘shrinks’ because I think a lot of it is he’s never 100%, but I don’t think he’ll ever be healthy because he’s 30. You don’t get healthier as you get older."

NBA Rumors: 3 Massive Trade Packages For Joel Embiid

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-rumors-3-massive-trade-packages-for-joel-embiid
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,618

Re: Joel Embiid Hypothetical Trade Thread 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Wed May 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Boo this thread
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,734

Post#3 » by FireMorey » Wed May 15, 2024 7:53 pm

This will prob be locked because there's always a fantasy trade thread. Key word "fantasy"
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,227

Post#4 » by mjkvol » Wed May 15, 2024 8:09 pm

Yeah, but just posting it in the fantasy trade thread doesn't get him his troll thread title, which is the whole point.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#5 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:24 pm

Joel can stay we need all the good to great players we can get. We talking MVP caliber let's not make the mistake we did with AI. Just keep selling tickets get a running mate for Maxey and better role players for Embiid and ride it out to the wheels fall off .
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#6 » by brannigan73 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:55 pm

I'm not saying we should be looking to trade Embiid but if we did I think OKC would be a good trade partner. Imo they need more interior bulk even in today's NBA. Imo Holmgren and Embiid can easily play together with Holmgrens skill set and they also could stagger them sometimes. I think a fair trade would be something like Jalen Williams, Lou Dort and 4 or 5 firsts. J will is going to be a great player and Dort is a solid glue guy. Honestly Maxey and J will is already a playoff team.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,049

Post#7 » by Stanford » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm

Keep him until the end. Don't want to see him in another jersey.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 493

Post#8 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:44 pm

Couldn’t imagine creating a thread off of a Chris Broussard thought. That dude is a clown
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 327

Post#9 » by 76Shots » Wed May 15, 2024 10:26 pm

Im just not emotionally attached to Embiid as others are. I dont think the Sixers will ever win with him as the focus of the team either from shrinking when it matters, injuries or both and think it would be best to move him in a move to remodel the team. He has absolutely no incentive to change and will is only getting older and will be more injured.

With the return Sixer would get, what's the worst that could happen, Sixer lose in the first or second round?
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,405

Post#10 » by Hussien Fatal » Wed May 15, 2024 10:27 pm

If we do trade Embiid, I would want a young big to come back so trading him to houston for a package centered around Sengun and Green would be the ideal move. Build around Maxey and Sengun.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#11 » by GoSixersBro » Thu May 16, 2024 12:43 am

Gonna be a long offseason. And it's only May.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#12 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu May 16, 2024 1:05 am

Oops...Didn't see who started the thread. Yeah I'm out...Troll thread all day. This guy doesn't quit. Mods lock this! We have a trade thread already!
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,667

Post#13 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am

Might be worth trading him to guarantee that I never see another Ferry Ave post for the rest of my life.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,991

Post#14 » by ankle420breaker » Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 am

I mean it's a valid consideration. He's an aging giant with a riddled injury history who shrinks in the playoffs. Some of you would rather live through 2 or 3 more early eliminations and trade him for a considerably weaker return package. It's not that radical to have an opposing viewpoint when it comes to Embiid.

Sent from my SM-S921U using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Post#15 » by 76ciology » Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 am

Not yet. We at least need another shot this offseason.

It's more likely if Maxey becomes consistently capable of being the engine of our offense. Currently, we struggle to outscore opponents during non-Embiid minutes with Maxey.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,890

Post#16 » by stormi » Thu May 16, 2024 3:00 am

**Hypothetically**

I'd need the Paul George package to LA.

I know that it was PG and Kawhi in technicality, but the Gobert trade has reset the market.

Impact young starter with star potential and every single pick at a teams disposal.

Assuming they're trading for Embiid to be a #2 and they aren't as devoid of depth and athleticism the way we have been in his tenure here, it's an easy finals berth.

Read on Twitter

He's held to the highest standards in the NBA unfortunately. Most casual fans don't have a clue how impactful Joel Embiid is every single night.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#17 » by Mik317 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:09 am

you put Biid on the market and everyone will wonder if he is truly damaged goods.

and even then people keep throwing out OKC when he simply doesn't really fit their timeline and Presti has not even sniffed using his picks on anything.

then you add in the fact that Morey and Nurse didn't sign on for a rebuild and Harris wants his shiny new stadium and going process 2.0 or just straight mid isn't a way to get it.

Its just not happening IMO. It will only happen if Biid wants out at this point IMO.

Which TBF may be next year after he gets a taste of playing with Team USA and if Darryl's master plan doesn't pan out or he pump fakes again.

Team is a clean slate atm...and while I doubt we can actually build with this FA class and draft and what is available in trades...this is the best time to truly build around Biid's strengths and weaknesses due to not having the Ben or Harden situations to deal with.

tldr: I give it one more year before having to truly pivot away
#NeverGonnaBeGood
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,879

Post#18 » by 76ciology » Thu May 16, 2024 3:45 am

Mik317 wrote:you put Biid on the market and everyone will wonder if he is truly damaged goods.

and even then people keep throwing out OKC when he simply doesn't really fit their timeline and Presti has not even sniffed using his picks on anything.

then you add in the fact that Morey and Nurse didn't sign on for a rebuild and Harris wants his shiny new stadium and going process 2.0 or just straight mid isn't a way to get it.

Its just not happening IMO. It will only happen if Biid wants out at this point IMO.

Which TBF may be next year after he gets a taste of playing with Team USA and if Darryl's master plan doesn't pan out or he pump fakes again.

Team is a clean slate atm...and while I doubt we can actually build with this FA class and draft and what is available in trades...this is the best time to truly build around Biid's strengths and weaknesses due to not having the Ben or Harden situations to deal with.

tldr: I give it one more year before having to truly pivot away

I’ve thought about this. I think teams with already established franchise player with a lot of draft picks may take their chance as Jojo as a 2nd to 3rd best player option or a frontcourt partner who can carry Embiid’s workload on defense and rebounding. Such as OKC, Grizzlies or maybe Spurs. That way there’s less reliance on Embiid while if he’s healthy, they can be favorites to win the championship.

And if im going to guess which team that would go hard to acquire him, I think Warriors would be that team. Having Draymond at the 4 really solves a lot of durability and conditioning issue for Embiid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 18,030

Post#19 » by Mik317 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:00 am

think OKC is waiting for Giannis or even Luka to ask out before using their warchest imo. You'd want JJJ in any Grizzlies package and they would want to keep him. The Warriors def would be a nice spot for Biid...but they have nothing of value to offer.

so it still feels like you are trading him just to trade him rather than getting better short or long term imo...which again I don't think this FO wants to do that. They are going to go down swinging even if the inevitable is that we never get over the hump. Been saying we are in the hoping for a fluke run territory sadly but thats still a better chance than blowing it up or building around Maxey. I don't worry about the time where Biid finally isn't able to recover from what ever random injury he gets imo. That timeline is the exact same as if we traded him for scraps today.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 358

Post#20 » by Jhawk03 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:39 am

No thanks, I'm not interested in gifting a championship to whatever team would acquire Joel. Nice job putting the HYPE in hypothetical, but it ain't happening.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers