ImageImageImage

Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers...

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,453

Re: Play in Game for the 7th seed: Heat vs Sixers... 

Post#21 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 pm

Tobias Harris. Have some pride in your game. This is what you have been waiting for a chance to show why it was you over Butler. You've been sitting silently, like an "Assassin", waiting for the perfect shot. It's here now. Don't let this slight go unanswered any longer.

The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,256

Post#22 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:37 pm

Be healthy and we have hope!

elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,506

Post#23 » by elchengue20 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 pm

He's definetively made another leap this season. Also Nurse system has done wonders for him.

Only thing that can slown him down now is health. Hope for once he's healty for a Playoff run.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,192

Post#24 » by M2J » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Buddy and Tobias have been playing well entering the post season. Buddy has shot 40% or better from 3 the past 4 games
M2J
Starter

Post#25 » by M2J » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 pm

elchengue20 wrote:He's definetively made another leap this season. Also Nurse system has done wonders for him.

Only thing that can slown him down now is health. Hope for once he's healty for a Playoff run.

Maxey's style of play has really helped Joel
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,597

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
76ciology wrote:

;t=318s

Winning the non-Embiid minutes is the key.

And we struggle because defense can comfortably switch a small guard to Reed, while Maxey struggles against a good defense big on ISO.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,945

Post#27 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 am

76ciology wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:
76ciology wrote:

;t=318s

And we struggle because defense can comfortably switch a small guard to Reed, while Maxey struggles against a good defense big on ISO.

The answer is to play with pace. It's tougher in the playoffs, and you need stops to consistently run, but I'd bet that Nurse's focus will be to get as many early clock shots as possible when Embiid is sitting.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
M2J
Starter

Post#28 » by M2J » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 pm

mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:

;t=318s

The answer is to play with pace. It's tougher in the playoffs, and you need stops to consistently run, but I'd bet that Nurse's focus will be to get as many early clock shots as possible when Embiid is sitting.

I wouldn't count on it though, their pace was my biggest issue for getting on Nurse during the absolute free fall when the injuries occurred. I may even be wrong, but it felt as if they went into the opposite direction with pace.... But I'm 100% confident they should've been playing faster
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,772

Post#29 » by phillynative » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

It's a shame we won't have our most disruptive peremiter defender in Melton and wing defender in Covington
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 840

Post#30 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Tobias Harris. Have some pride in your game. This is what you have been waiting for a chance to show why it was you over Butler. You've been sitting silently, like an "Assassin", waiting for the perfect shot. It's here now. Don't let this slight go unanswered any longer.

Unfortunately totally inconsistent with how he attacks the rim against defenders in the paint. The limits of Harris's drive and determination are revealed in those simple situations. The antithesis of Butler.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#31 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 pm

I've been thinking a lot about this game. Ultimately, if we lose, it just means we're not good enough to win it all by losing to a non-contender. However, if we win, it should boost the confidence of our guys to beat last year's team that made it to the finals.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:33 pm

M2J wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I wouldn't count on it though, their pace was my biggest issue for getting on Nurse during the absolute free fall when the injuries occurred. I may even be wrong, but it felt as if they went into the opposite direction with pace.... But I'm 100% confident they should've been playing faster

I think what Mjkvol wanted was to generate more transition offense by playing good defense, which is a sound strategy. However, I believe the issue lies more in our half-court offense. We've witnessed how difficult and disjointed our offense becomes without Jojo. There's a lot of weave actions focused on mismatch hunting, often leading to kamikaze drives, primarily by Oubre against favorable matchups. Perhaps incorporating more pace and misdirections within the weave actions could create easier scoring opportunities, forcing defenders to analyze the action and potentially slowing them down, thus confusing the defense.

I've noticed that the Heat this year have more vulnerable links like Rozier, Herro, and Duncan Robinson, unlike in previous years when they had players like Gabe Vincent or Struss who could excel defensively and be borderline stars offensively when their shooting was on point.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,506

Post#33 » by elchengue20 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 pm

Very very though game against the Heat. They have already proved they are a different beast come Playoff time. We need Biid to dominate Bam and Maxey to give Jimmy a good run for his money. I think it's a 50/50 game.

Even if we lost we should win anyway against Hawks/Bulls. I'm not mad if we face Boston in the 1st round, i rather play them with Embiid being rested/healthy as possible.

Also those teams that dominate the regular season can really choke if they face a good challenge in the 1st round, when all the pressure to win is on them.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:14 pm

76ciology wrote:I've been thinking a lot about this game. Ultimately, if we lose, it just means we're not good enough to win it all by losing to a non-contender. However, if we win, it should boost the confidence of our guys to beat last year's team that made it to the finals.

In name only.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
cej11
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#35 » by cej11 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm

It sounds like Rozier and Robinson are both gonna be out Wednesday night. Both guys missed practice today. Sixers should win this game comfortably.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,862

Post#36 » by Negrodamus » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm

Should win, it's not like last year where they had Strus and Vincent. Two multi-year role players who dug Miami out of some hairy situations. Rozier also being out is going to put a lot of pressure on Herro, Butler, and Bam.
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 840

Post#37 » by Ferry Avenue » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 pm

The danger in this game is that Butler explodes for 40+ like he has in the playoffs in years past and that makes the Heat win in and of itself.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,945

Post#38 » by mjkvol » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 pm

76ciology wrote:
M2J wrote:
mjkvol wrote:

I think what Mjkvol wanted was to generate more transition offense by playing good defense, which is a sound strategy. However, I believe the issue lies more in our half-court offense. We've witnessed how difficult and disjointed our offense becomes without Jojo. There's a lot of weave actions focused on mismatch hunting, often leading to kamikaze drives, primarily by Oubre against favorable matchups. Perhaps incorporating more pace and misdirections within the weave actions could create easier scoring opportunities, forcing defenders to analyze the action and potentially slowing them down, thus confusing the defense.

I've noticed that the Heat this year have more vulnerable links like Rozier, Herro, and Duncan Robinson, unlike in previous years when they had players like Gabe Vincent or Struss who could excel defensively and be borderline stars offensively when their shooting was on point.

You nailed it, that was exactly my thought. It is reliant on us getting stops first and foremost, but to create some early shot clock opportunities seems like the best strategy for maximizing the non-Embiid minutes. Essentially, it's about holding serve, something that has killed us in playoff situations.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Eyeamok » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 pm

I predict Buddy Love in his first "pre" playoff experience is going to find his groove again.

Bring on the draft

Marlo
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,051

Post#40 » by Bum Adebayo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:19 pm

Maxey is not stopping anyone though.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers