ImageImageImage

Game 55 Sixers V Knicks: Can Not Lie

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Jhawk03
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Re: Game 55 Sixers V Knicks: Can Not Lie 

Post#121 » by Jhawk03 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:50 am

brannigan73 wrote:First off stop expecting Nurse to make chicken soup out of chicken you know what. This team was obviously only very good because Embiid was playing out his mind with an absurd usage rate and guys were able to fit into low pressure complimentary roles that fit most of those players limited skill sets outside of Maxey. The Knicks are missing Randle and Anunboy and still totally outclassed us. Id rather have Josh Hart and Divincenzo then anyone on the sixers besides Embiid, Maxey, and possibly Hield given there skill sets and reasonable contracts. Paul Reed sucks. Honestly I dont know what hold he has over the bigger homer sixers fans. He's too small and doesnt give much rim protection. He is also one of the most awkward looking players on offense I've ever seen The occassional blocked shot is not rim protection. Achiewa looked like a god against our trash centers. 41 wins is a good over and under wins if Embiid comes back late march. They may get over but not by much. This team is also horrendous on D without Embiid and Melton. We should keep Embiid out all year and get the best draft pick possible. Time to deal with the facts that this year is toast.

No offense, actually screw offense... what the hell is "the best draft pick possible" supposed to look like given this teams current record and playoff seed? I mean if we're talking about last years Portland strategy where they went from possible play-in to top 3 draft pick then that's the only way I'll entertain "best possible draft pick" conversation.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,737

Post#122 » by 76thBearCub » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am

Negrodamus wrote:I hate it for him and obviously hope he’s okay, but it’s a little morbidly funny that out tiny 38 year old hometown guy comes home, plays 8 minutes, then catches a screaming tomahawk elbow from a 7’ 270lb center to the face. It’s so uniquely Sixers that I can’t help but find humor in it.

I’m sure the medical staff is treating him by stuffing the wound with sesame seeds.

I'm already in the mood to but gosh dang I had a good laugh from this
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#123 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:06 pm

Awesome to see Lowry suit up and be a perfect buyout signing for us. He gives us a backup PG who can run the offense & occasionally hit a tough shot, a great mentor for Maxey, and someone we can plug into a 2 guard lineup to let Maxey play some SG. He will have a big impact in Philly over the next couple seasons.

Knicks just have a better constructed, deeper, and more talented roster. This summer is our big opportunity now that we have a clean cap & picks to trade. If we don’t have a significantly better 8-10 man rotation by training camp, then the Embiid era is probably over.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#124 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:17 pm

Lowry 11 pts, 5 assists, 4 boards, competed out there, looked pretty good to me. I was wrong about him. With that being said, he's always been one of my favorite players in the game. I just wish we would have gotten him 7-8 years ago, but I'm glad he's here now.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#125 » by phillynative » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:07 pm

Some of you still like Tobi
Some Batum
Some see promise in KJ

They are all underwhelming and I hope they won't be her next season.

I have seen enough . Its Bazely time for me

Who will also turn out to be underwhelming because why not lol
phillynative
General Manager

Post#126 » by phillynative » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:11 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Awesome to see Lowry suit up and be a perfect buyout signing for us. He gives us a backup PG who can run the offense & occasionally hit a tough shot, a great mentor for Maxey, and someone we can plug into a 2 guard lineup to let Maxey play some SG. He will have a big impact in Philly over the next couple seasons.

Knicks just have a better constructed, deeper, and more talented roster. This summer is our big opportunity now that we have a clean cap & picks to trade. If we don’t have a significantly better 8-10 man rotation by training camp, then the Embiid era is probably over.

The Knicks are about to be the NBA media darlings.
Celtics , Bucks are about to get leaped
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,149

Post#127 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:11 pm

M2J wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
But maybe we can get his nothing on a sweetheart deal this upcoming free agency!

Yeah, maybe for a 'bargain' price like $25 mil. Scary thing is after five years of this there are many here saying just that.

Price just dropped to $20 mil

Still an overpay. There isn't a price low enough to ever want to see him in a Sixers uniform again.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,149

Post#128 » by mjkvol » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:20 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Awesome to see Lowry suit up and be a perfect buyout signing for us. He gives us a backup PG who can run the offense & occasionally hit a tough shot, a great mentor for Maxey, and someone we can plug into a 2 guard lineup to let Maxey play some SG. He will have a big impact in Philly over the next couple seasons.

The Knicks are doing it the way I'd like to see us do it, building depth with guys like Hart, DiVincenzo, and Bogdanovic - solid vets who bring something to the table and can contribute to a contending team. They're fun to watch, and maybe 1-2 players away from being a truly legit contender, if they aren't one already.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#129 » by Jailblazers7 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:32 pm

It sounds a little absurd but the Vegas Sphere might be a turning point in the NBA for the next 10 years. James Dolan finally has a project to occupy him so he’s stepped away from the Knicks & he’s letting a competent group manage the team.

The Knicks with the pull of MSG/NYC, a tremendous fanbase, and a good front office is a nightmare. The Lakers should be scared as hell.
seventy6ers
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#130 » by seventy6ers » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:47 pm

Impressed with Lowry's debut, hopefully that continues. Playing Martin and Council at the same times does not work, they are too similar. Would have liked to see more Bamba but he was playing terrible. Launching and missing all those 3s to start the game is aggravating. Where was Harris? Batum 0 points. Hoping Lowry's veteran presence can help during this tough stretch of games.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,812

Post#131 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:34 pm

Watching the replay, I noticed that we switched more compared to the game against the Heat, where Reed played a lot of drop defense and got burned by Herro repeatedly.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#132 » by Stanford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:34 pm

Holy ****, Tobias. What is he good for?
phillynative
General Manager

Post#133 » by phillynative » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:33 pm

Stanford wrote:Holy ****, Tobias. What is he good for?

Being a square , reading books and occasionally hitting a midpost jumper.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers