ImageImageImage

Welcome Buddy Hield

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,609

Re: Welcome Buddy Hield 

Post#41 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:42 pm

FireMorey wrote:Morey's genius 2022 offseason still paying dividends. What an awesome signing that Danuel House was. PJ Tucker and Danuel House, what a great group of acquisitions that summer had.

Don't forget that we tampered and lost two 2nd round picks
Iscull
Senior
And1: 134

Post#42 » by Iscull » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:47 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:We needed a deadeye shooter and Buddy Hield is exactly that. We rank what? 27th in three-point shooting? Clearly we aren't keeping up with the rest of the league. I would have rather us trade for Lonnie Walker who is younger than Hield, but this is fine. Three 2nd round picks is a lot to give up, and I hope we can keep Hield beyond this season. Marcus Morris was giving us nothing and he's well on his way out of this league. Hield at least still wants to play basketball. Good running mate for Maxey in the backcourt, but the defense is going to be bad.

I do think this is more a of "next season" type of move. Hield fits great in theory with a healthy Joel Embiid. There's no way Morey did this just to rent Hield for two months while this team flounders towards the play-in without Embiid. There has to be some long term thinking here involved.

I agree - I think the intent is to sign him longer term (2-4 years) on a reasonable salary. His minutes with Indiana were being cut back, not exactly heading into Free Agency at the best time.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,073

Post#43 » by Negrodamus » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:18 pm

He's about to shoot 14 threes a game, isn't he.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#44 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:20 pm

It's better than all the 2s we shoot
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#45 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:27 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Thank God Danuel House is no longer a Sixer. We've added Hield while ridding this team of three players that either didn't want to be here or didn't care about playing hard anymore. It's a win in my book. If this is all we do today, I'm happy with that. I could not stand another minute of House, Kork, and Morris. Those guys were bad mojo for this team. Not so much Kork, he just didn't want to be here, but House and Morris were horrible.

Yup

Kork- Wanted out/Uninspired
Morris- Over the hill/Cooked
House- Reckless/Low Bball Iq(I believe his production can be replaced by Council)

I'm not a fan of Reed either low bball iq at backup center and too much of a tweener to not be able to stretch the floor.
Iscull
Senior

Post#46 » by Iscull » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:34 pm

phillynative wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Thank God Danuel House is no longer a Sixer. We've added Hield while ridding this team of three players that either didn't want to be here or didn't care about playing hard anymore. It's a win in my book. If this is all we do today, I'm happy with that. I could not stand another minute of House, Kork, and Morris. Those guys were bad mojo for this team. Not so much Kork, he just didn't want to be here, but House and Morris were horrible.

Yup

Kork- Wanted out/Uninspired
Morris- Over the hill/Cooked
House- Reckless/Low Bball Iq(I believe his production can be replaced by Council)

I'm not a fan of Reed either low bball iq at backup center and too much of a tweener to not be able to stretch the floor.

Hield is also a much better player than any of those three and his volume 3pt shooting should make a difference. I think he'd pair very well with Pat Bev when Maxey's on the bench.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#47 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:37 pm

The biggest issue is that his theoretical impact will be muted by the fact that he won't be able to play with Maxey in the playoffs. He's definitely a regular season floor raiser on this team, both with and without Embiid.

I wouldn't have traded 3 SRPs for him.
Iscull
Senior

Post#48 » by Iscull » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:43 pm

SixthStreet wrote:The biggest issue is that his theoretical impact will be muted by the fact that he won't be able to play with Maxey in the playoffs. He's definitely a regular season floor raiser on this team, both with and without Embiid.

Yeah but we will have 10-15 minutes without Maxey on the floor, where Hield's shooting/scoring could play a big role. If you recall, when Maxey and Embiid weren't on the floor/scoring, we were ****.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,615

Post#49 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:44 pm

I wonder if Melton is going to get dealt given his value & contract size. Feels like any final move would end up being him + Roco for someone & then we fill the roster with buyouts.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,795

Post#50 » by Sixersftw » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:55 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
He's about to shoot 14 threes a game, isn't he.

Never discount the possibility that he just forgets how to shoot.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#51 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:59 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:I wonder if Melton is going to get dealt given his value & contract size. Feels like any final move would end up being him + Roco for someone & then we fill the roster with buyouts.

I kinda doubt anyone is giving up anything of significance for Melton with a questionable back injury. Plus he is probably more valuable to us with bird rights, at this point he might take a very reasonable 1 year prove it deal to restore his value and hit free agency again.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#52 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:02 pm

SixthStreet wrote:The biggest issue is that his theoretical impact will be muted by the fact that he won't be able to play with Maxey in the playoffs. He's definitely a regular season floor raiser on this team, both with and without Embiid.

I disagree he can't play with Maxey. They won't beat a powerhouse like the Celtics but they can hold their own against other playoff teams. Melton is the other guard starter anyway, and Hield should be able to play with either one.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,867

Post#53 » by Phila Tough » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:23 pm

overpay and two years too late
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#54 » by brannigan73 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:43 pm

Quick someone name all the good teams Buddy Hield has been a big part of? I can tell you Bojan Bogdanovich was the most efficient scorer on a Jazz team that won more games over a 3 year period then any Embiid led team has. Not taking a shot at Embiid just trying to prove a point. Also we overpaid lol three seconds honestly should get you better.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#55 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:44 pm

brannigan73 wrote:Quick someone name all the good teams Buddy Hield has been a big part of? I can tell you Bojan Bogdanovich was the most efficient scorer on a Jazz team that won more games over a 3 year period then any Embiid led team has. Not taking a shot at Embiid just trying to prove a point. Also we overpaid lol three seconds honestly should get you better.

At least one of the 2nds was to dump Korkmaz for tax purposes. So basically Morris plus two 2nds is the price for Hield, which isn't bad considering this inflated Sellers market.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#56 » by brannigan73 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:47 pm

Arsenal wrote:
brannigan73 wrote:Quick someone name all the good teams Buddy Hield has been a big part of? I can tell you Bojan Bogdanovich was the most efficient scorer on a Jazz team that won more games over a 3 year period then any Embiid led team has. Not taking a shot at Embiid just trying to prove a point. Also we overpaid lol three seconds honestly should get you better.

At least one of the 2nds was to dump Korkmaz for tax purposes. So basically Morris plus two 2nds is the price for Hield, which isn't bad considering this inflated Sellers market.

Buddy Hield is fine in a void. It just reeks of doing something to do something if this is it. He is really average NBA player. He shoots a lot of threes which is good but doesnt do much else. He might honestly win you a game or two more without Embiid but even if we are totally healthy in the play-offs I dont know he gets us by the first round. Im just tired of this wait till next year crap. The Sixers seem to be operating on there is always a better opportunity in the future line of thinking and its proved false over and over. We have a zillion dollars in expirings to send out and three first round picks. That should be able to get you plenty. Instead apparently we are going to bet on being able to get a super start this offseason its looks like at least.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,623

Post#57 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:25 pm

Jodie Meeks reincarnated is ok, I guess.
always a jump shot away.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#58 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:27 pm

Phila Tough wrote:overpay and two years too late

That was my only complaint. We should have added him after Reddick left.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,231

Post#59 » by Kobblehead » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:18 am

I'm excited for Hield. He has flaws and is an old player on an expiring, but he is a strong ass SG and he can sling it.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#60 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:45 am

Iverson Armband wrote:Jodie Meeks reincarnated is ok, I guess.

This is a bit harsh. Not egregious, but harsh.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers