ImageImageImage

G50: Sixers v Warriors 2/7 7:30pm ET (BSPN)

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,989

Re: G50: Sixers v Warriors 2/7 7:30pm ET (BSPN) 

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:33 am

brannigan73 wrote:We have enough talent on the court with maxey and harris to be competitive with a mediocre warriors team. Stop making excuses for Maxey he has not been good for three straight games. He isn't dame Lillard or Devin booker yet. Paul Reed sucks by the way do you homers understand that yet lol.

1. Who the **** said Maxey was Dame or Booker?

2. Pretty hard to do **** when you are the only threat to score

3. Nice of you to leave out the Utah game from you post

.....maybe right about Paul tho lol
#NeverGonnaBeGood
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,609

Post#42 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:39 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:This is pre-process level bad. It's been years since we've looked like this.

All you do is complain. Haha
Mik317
RealGM

Post#43 » by Mik317 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:41 am

being disappointed with the the team is fine

the only answer being to blow it up every time is not.

Said in another thread but the Philly fan answer to everything is fire the coach and the best players actually aren't that good and should be sold high before others catch up w/ their high IQ...only for them to cry about it when said players go elsewhere and shine when the actual team isn't built by idiots.

Every one is sad right now. Whining about unrealistic **** like trading Biid or Maxey is pointless and annoying to read lol. Its not happening and for good reason. I am not worried about Maxey. He has shown up in the playoffs, is young and has an elite skill (off ball shooting)...him not being able to carry this refuse means little to me. He has to take his lumps and we will see if he can learn and improve from it. If not then, he is still a very useful player due to the aforementioned age and off ball skills and again IDK if trading one of the few good players you have for picks or guys who also still have to prove it makes much sense in this case IMO.

But yall do you
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#44 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:43 am

Embiid couldn’t carry this trash either. No team can survive missing 6 of their top 10 guys, while the few still playing all have or are coming off the flu. It’s absurd.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#45 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:45 am

Arsenal wrote:Embiid couldn’t carry this trash either. No team can survive missing 6 of their top 10 guys, while the few still playing all have or are coming off the flu. It’s absurd.

How many of those 6 are actually good?
Mik317
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mik317 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:46 am

need Oubre off the team lol. All of his worst traits have come out...that car knocked the good out of him
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Mik317
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mik317 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:50 am

yeah imma head out
#NeverGonnaBeGood
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#48 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:50 am

brannigan73 wrote:We have enough talent on the court with maxey and harris to be competitive with a mediocre warriors team. Stop making excuses for Maxey he has not been good for three straight games. He isn't dame Lillard or Devin booker yet. Paul Reed sucks by the way do you homers understand that yet lol.

You are severly overrating the talent on this roster.

Embiid is one of the greatest players to ever play the game - when not injured.

Outside of that, there is nobody that would be considered better than a role player or bench player if not for Embiid covering their flaws.
NYSixersFan
Analyst

Post#49 » by NYSixersFan » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:02 am

When this team had everyone healthy except for Embiid it was hot trash. Stop with the "we had so many starters out" nonsense.

The GM waited until the last minute to make moves because he was devising all these great plans as Brian Windhorst likes to talk about. Now he's dealing from a position of weakness. I'll be amazed if he can get things done without getting completely ripped off.
sixerguy
Sixth Man
And1: 266

Post#50 » by sixerguy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:07 am

They’re only playing bad to tank their trade deadline value guys. This is a 50 win team after the Thursday.
phifans
Veteran
And1: 587

Post#51 » by phifans » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:09 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:

You are severly overrating the talent on this roster.

Embiid is one of the greatest players to ever play the game - when not injured.

Outside of that, there is nobody that would be considered better than a role player or bench player if not for Embiid covering their flaws.

I wonder who should take responsible for all this cause someone here told me Morey has been done a good job building a competitive team around Joel while others told me NN doesn't have enough talents around to manage. :lol:
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,331

Post#52 » by Arsenal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:10 am

F it… start Ricky Council on Friday.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#53 » by SixthStreet » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:50 am

This is only a box score take as there's not any point in watching this skeleton crew hoop, but Nurse should try to play Furk 20 minutes a game for the next two months to see if there's a rotation player in there somewhere and get his confidence up. How did he play 16 minutes and only attempt 3 shots?

Call me crazy but I still believe. I think there's a player in him to be found and the biggest issue is his confidence. The way he plays for Turkey is an NBA player.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,612

Post#54 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:17 am

The NBA season is a long slog & we are at a low point. Embiid is hurt, the entire team is battling COVID or something, and we’ve been without Melton for a while now.

Right now we’re watching Maxey play with a squad that lost two all NBA players vs last year after Harden is traded & Embiid is hurt. Plus his backcourt partner is hurt in Melton. Not surprised that he’s struggling in this situation like 3 games in before the team & coaching staff has been able to find a new equilibrium.

He made the leap to 2nd best player already which is amazing progress vs last year. Kinda hard for me to criticize him for not also making the leap to MVP candidate mid season on a team missing 3 of their starters.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 430

Post#55 » by Zumramania » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:38 am

Ricky Council got 8 free throws in the 10 minutes of playing time, which is more than the entire rest of the team in the entire game. That has to be some kind of a record lol.
I am afraid Nurse is kind of like Doc in being reluctant in giving opportunities to young players.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#56 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:01 am

Mik317 wrote:being disappointed with the the team is fine

the only answer being to blow it up every time is not.

Said in another thread but the Philly fan answer to everything is fire the coach and the best players actually aren't that good and should be sold high before others catch up w/ their high IQ...only for them to cry about it when said players go elsewhere and shine when the actual team isn't built by idiots.

Every one is sad right now. Whining about unrealistic **** like trading Biid or Maxey is pointless and annoying to read lol. Its not happening and for good reason. I am not worried about Maxey. He has shown up in the playoffs, is young and has an elite skill (off ball shooting)...him not being able to carry this refuse means little to me. He has to take his lumps and we will see if he can learn and improve from it. If not then, he is still a very useful player due to the aforementioned age and off ball skills and again IDK if trading one of the few good players you have for picks or guys who also still have to prove it makes much sense in this case IMO.

But yall do you

I haven't heard anyone say they wanted to trade Maxey in atleast two seasons.

Everyone that is a sixers fan should be allowed to display their grievances with this team if they are not trolling. Maybe fans are just tired of the fraudulance and flatulence every season while having one of the best big man to play the game on the team.

I hate to break it to you every poster here can be pretty annoying in their own way (including you) even while being one of my favorites on here lol
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,388

Post#57 » by Murray_17 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:05 pm

Some of you are so desperate to blow out the entire team is just funny at this point
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,388

Post#58 » by Murray_17 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:07 pm

phillynative wrote:Only certain posters are allowed go be dissatisfied with this team. When others do it they are miserable or trolling... go figure.

People can be mad at the team, that's fine.

There are people here literally saying Maxey is overrated because he played bad for 3 games in which he's the only guy who can shot. And other guy saying that is time to start the process again

Sorry for not taking serious that level of hot takes.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,991

Post#59 » by Stanford » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:11 pm

I don't respect anyone who doesn't believe in Maxey. Proven buffoons.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,841

Post#60 » by phillynative » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:13 pm

I think there is a middle ground to search for when it comes to Maxey and this fan base. Some fans overrate him and ignore his obvious flaws while some take his talent and work ethic for granted. I have a feeling that those who take him for granted our more so frustrated with the state of the team. I could be wrong though.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers