ImageImageImage

76ers 2023-24 Season Thread Part 2

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,788

Re: 76ers 2023-24 Season Thread Part 2 

Post#41 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:20 pm

elchengue20 wrote:Yeah, we have to be agressive like Bucks did when adding Holiday or Dame this year.

It's what you need to do when you have a top 3 player in his prime. Also Biid is going to be 30, it's not like we have much more runs with him at this level, maybe 2 o 3 more. And that would be the best case scenario if he stays healthy.

The rule is back to back MVP then win it on the third year (which is next year) like Giannis and Jokic.

I dont make the rules
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#42 » by zaz102 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:28 pm

Arsenal wrote:
zaz102 wrote:Looks like Murray to the Lakers for a 1st and a swap. LA trying to find a 3rd team to take Russell. And I guess Atlanta will take whatever the third team offers, probably an expiring.

What is your source?
Shams. Not a done deal. Russell is the hold up.

Read on Twitter
?t=HVlBMV7X8Xt_of2-Tg61yw&s=19
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#43 » by M2J » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:28 pm

Morey letting Murray go to the Lakers for that is crazy. That's cheap But, whatever.... Not surprising. They can probably get him for a first rounder and multiple seconds.

How do the Lakers get so much done with 1frp?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,966

Post#44 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:32 pm

Should be easy to get Murray if they want expirings. We've got em. Morey must agree with the board that he stinks.
M2J
Starter

Post#45 » by M2J » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:38 pm

He's about to break out on his next team. He's, done so already... Contributing to a top offense.... They just can't defend as a team

The best 2 way option out there when Boston is creating mismatches for themselves by putting a guard on Joel and there's nobody able to cook them if they're also hedging another defender his way to help, and also worried about finding Maxey.

The best option is of course Lavine offensively
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#46 » by the_process » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:09 pm

76ciology wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:Yeah, we have to be agressive like Bucks did when adding Holiday or Dame this year.

It's what you need to do when you have a top 3 player in his prime. Also Biid is going to be 30, it's not like we have much more runs with him at this level, maybe 2 o 3 more. And that would be the best case scenario if he stays healthy.

The rule is back to back MVP then win it on the third year (which is next year) like Giannis and Jokic.

I dont make the rules

Except Jo is probably not gonna hit the games played requirement for any awards this year. He would basically have to play every game for the rest of the year to barely squeak above the bar.
the_process
RealGM

Post#47 » by the_process » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm

M2J wrote:Morey letting Murray go to the Lakers for that is crazy. That's cheap But, whatever.... Not surprising. They can probably get him for a first rounder and multiple seconds.

How do the Lakers get so much done with 1 frp?

Wouldn't be the first time the Lakers gamed the system.
M2J
Starter

Post#48 » by M2J » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:19 pm

the_process wrote:
M2J wrote:Morey letting Murray go to the Lakers for that is crazy. That's cheap But, whatever.... Not surprising. They can probably get him for a first rounder and multiple seconds.

How do the Lakers get so much done with 1 frp?

Wouldn't be the first time the Lakers gamed the system.

Last year with Westbrook $50 million dollar expiring and a single frp transformed their team
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#49 » by brannigan73 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Stanford wrote:Should be easy to get Murray if they want expirings. We've got em. Morey must agree with the board that he stinks.

Dont loop me in with the masses. Most of you guys wouldnt know an advanced stat if it hit you in the groin. Most of you sadly are emotion driven hoi polloi. I mean they are a substantial portion of you would want Fultz back on this team. I wouldnt take Markelle Fultz if we were free. Not a minimum player a $0.00 dollar salary. Also, Jaden Springer as next big thing is still alive in many here's mind. If you dont think Murray would be worth a first, a couple of seconds, and expiring contract welp give me some truth serum and I ll have some really choice words for you lol. If we dont do anything at the deadline I look forward to Sixers/Celtics in the playoff if we get that far. And by look forward too I mean a five game series won by Boston. I understand Ive been a fan for almost 40 years. Most of you are younger fans some who are almost only used to winning, meaning so young youve been a serious fan only since they start winning 50 every year, with Embiid, but when you get to my age you'll get a lot of emotion out of it and learn to look at players and teams more rationally and not have weird non fact based opinions on players. I honestly go right to several advaned stat metrics for any player Im thinking about and I compare it to my eye test and unless its way off Im always going to adjust to what the statistic tell me is the proper view. DeJaunte Murray is an above average guard with size and well worth what is being asked for him. If Morey passes he better come up with better moves eventually. This team can 100% use a guard with size that can create a shot and take some of the load off Maxey. It doesnt have to be Murray but it has to be someone eventually!
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#50 » by Sixerscan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:40 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I dont make the rules

Except Jo is probably not gonna hit the games played requirement for any awards this year. He would basically have to play every game for the rest of the year to barely squeak above the bar.

Is it really that crazy that he’ll miss 7 or fewer of the last 41 after missing 10 of the first 41? That’s not that big of a difference. He missed 11 of the first 41 last year and ultimately played 66 games including sitting 2 meaningless ones out at the end.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:48 pm

hoi polloi
the_process
RealGM

Post#52 » by the_process » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:12 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I dont make the rules

Is it really that crazy that he’ll miss 7 or fewer of the last 41 after missing 10 of the first 41? That’s not that big of a difference. He missed 11 of the first 41 last year and ultimately played 66 games including sitting 2 meaningless ones out at the end.

7 is more of a buffer than I thought he had. Maybe he clears it.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#53 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/19d5az2/wojnarowskimarks_daryl_morey_is_not_likely_to_go/

Miles Bridges, lol. Morey will cause the city to burn down and it won't be because of a championship.
PhillyFan11
Bench Warmer
And1: 472

Post#54 » by PhillyFan11 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:30 pm

Negrodamus wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/19d5az2/wojnarowskimarks_daryl_morey_is_not_likely_to_go/

Miles Bridges, lol. Morey will cause the city to burn down and it won't be because of a championship.

Mehh like most news stories there would probably be like 3-4 days of people freaking out and then it would blow over. And if the team makes it past the 2nd round of the playoffs no one would care what so ever what Bridges did in the past.

No trying to excuse Bridges’ behavior, just saying it’s the reality when it comes to athletes and crimes. The city has embraced criminals before
M2J
Starter

Post#55 » by M2J » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:33 pm

the_process wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
the_process wrote:

7 is more of a buffer than I thought he had. Maybe he clears it.

Right and hopefully Morey does his job and gets a player that can take a lot of the load off of Joel and Maxey. With Giannis, Joel and Maxey are playing harder than any guys in the league right now to get to this level of play as a team. Maxey leading the league in minutes, miles per game, and has been playing really good defense over the last month... Getting it done on both ends and maybe suffering a little bit with his jump shot because of that extra effort. Joelle and B maybe the only player in the entire NBA, that is truly the focal point of both his team's offense and defense and is leading the league in offensive usage, required to rebound at least 10 a game in order for them to have a chance, I think he'll need more in the playoffs.

They need a third star. No matter what Stan Van gundy says. Joel has proven that this is as good as he can do, and it's GOAT level stuff. We've seen it. Maxey is proving that he can get you 26 to 30 a night efficient passing and shooting, and defend some.

Nothing left to prove, their numbers need to come down and a team strategy installed with an extra guy to lower their usage and their minutes.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,035

Post#56 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:34 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/19d5az2/wojnarowskimarks_daryl_morey_is_not_likely_to_go/

Mehh like most news stories there would probably be like 3-4 days of people freaking out and then it would blow over. And if the team makes it past the 2nd round of the playoffs no one would care what so ever what Bridges did in the past.

No trying to excuse Bridges’ behavior, just saying it’s the reality when it comes to athletes and crimes. The city has embraced criminals before

I think he'd be booed every home game. He's in a city that is indifferent about their sports. Look at Josh Giddey everywhere he goes; instantly booed. I don't think it'll be a happy marriage, no pun intended.
Covi_Marsh
Sophomore
And1: 76

Post#57 » by Covi_Marsh » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:56 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Stanford wrote:Should be easy to get Murray if they want expirings. We've got em. Morey must agree with the board that he stinks.

Dont loop me in with the masses. Most of you guys wouldnt know an advanced stat if it hit you in the groin. Most of you sadly are emotion driven hoi polloi. I mean they are a substantial portion of you would want Fultz back on this team. I wouldnt take Markelle Fultz if we were free. Not a minimum player a $0.00 dollar salary. Also, Jaden Springer as next big thing is still alive in many here's mind. If you dont think Murray would be worth a first, a couple of seconds, and expiring contract welp give me some truth serum and I ll have some really choice words for you lol. If we dont do anything at the deadline I look forward to Sixers/Celtics in the playoff if we get that far. And by look forward too I mean a five game series won by Boston. I understand Ive been a fan for almost 40 years. Most of you are younger fans some who are almost only used to winning, meaning so young youve been a serious fan only since they start winning 50 every year, with Embiid, but when you get to my age you'll get a lot of emotion out of it and learn to look at players and teams more rationally and not have weird non fact based opinions on players. I honestly go right to several advaned stat metrics for any player Im thinking about and I compare it to my eye test and unless its way off Im always going to adjust to what the statistic tell me is the proper view. DeJaunte Murray is an above average guard with size and well worth what is being asked for him. If Morey passes he better come up with better moves eventually. This team can 100% use a guard with size that can create a shot and take some of the load off Maxey. It doesnt have to be Murray but it has to be someone eventually!

Lol I’m fairly certain you don’t need 40 years of fandom and no emotions to go to an advanced stat website and be told a player is above average :lol:
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,584

Post#58 » by SixthStreet » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:18 pm

I don’t know if I can realistically stop watching Embiid during his historic season but Miles Bridges putting on a 76ers jersey would drive me right to the precipice and I would take little joy in any run we make.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#59 » by Stanford » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:19 pm

Just the opposite. If advanced stats can give you all the answers, you don't even need to follow basketball to be an expert. I'm an expert in hockey, for example. Nikita Kucherov and Nathan MacKinnon rule!
M2J
Starter

Post#60 » by M2J » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:08 pm

With the vibes so high, I can't see the team trading for Bridges.

I'm definitely not a guy that believes he should never be capable of working, if the law doesn't say that he should be in jail... And he maybe should be. But, that could create a ton of negativity around the team. Philly fans would boo him in playoff games lol

Return to Philadelphia 76ers