Re: Game 41: Sixers @ Hornets 1/20 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#41 » by Phila Tough » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:23 am

Sell high on Tobias! that is all
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#42 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:26 am

Can't say enough good things about Brandon Miller. Kid looks like a young TMac. This may eventually be his team I think. Nick Smith jr is another player I really like for them, but he didn't do much tonight. Still has a bright future if he can get a bit stronger and stay healthy. Hornets have some nice players on their team. This would have been hell tonight had Lamelo played. Miles Bridges is very good, but it's just hard to like really anything about the guy after doing what he's done. I was high on him coming out of MSU, and if he ever became a Sixer, I would embrace it, but it would take time. Terry Rozier needs to be moved to a contending team where he can play off the bench. I'm surprised the Lakers and Clippers haven't called on him.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,070

Post#43 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:34 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Can't say enough good things about Brandon Miller. Kid looks like a young TMac. This may eventually be his team I think. Nick Smith jr is another player I really like for them, but he didn't do much tonight. Still has a bright future if he can get a bit stronger and stay healthy. Hornets have some nice players on their team. This would have been hell tonight had Lamelo played. Miles Bridges is very good, but it's just hard to like really anything about the guy after doing what he's done. I was high on him coming out of MSU, and if he ever became a Sixer, I would embrace it, but it would take time. Terry Rozier needs to be moved to a contending team where he can play off the bench. I'm surprised the Lakers and Clippers haven't called on him.

Heck we could use Rozier as a backup off the bench for his scoring, too bad he's a midget that couldn't play next to Max so it will never happen.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,320

Post#44 » by Arsenal » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:37 am

Big time dub!!!
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#45 » by Murray_17 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:19 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Can't say enough good things about Brandon Miller. Kid looks like a young TMac. This may eventually be his team I think. Nick Smith jr is another player I really like for them, but he didn't do much tonight. Still has a bright future if he can get a bit stronger and stay healthy. Hornets have some nice players on their team. This would have been hell tonight had Lamelo played. Miles Bridges is very good, but it's just hard to like really anything about the guy after doing what he's done. I was high on him coming out of MSU, and if he ever became a Sixer, I would embrace it, but it would take time. Terry Rozier needs to be moved to a contending team where he can play off the bench. I'm surprised the Lakers and Clippers haven't called on him.

I'll sour on my entire Sixer fandom if we get a wifebeater on the team
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#46 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:27 am

Murray_17 wrote:

I'll sour on my entire Sixer fandom if we get a wifebeater on the team

I've been following this team for over 30 years. Yes... Miles Bridges just reeks of scumbaggery, but I'm not going to stop being a Sixers fan ever. With that said, I doubt he ever plays for us.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#47 » by the_process » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:42 am

Gonna need Nurse to stop overusing Maxey. Immediately.

Just because he's younger doesn't mean you can't run him into the ground. Because that what's happening and his shot is suffering badly for it.

If the reason is because Nurse doesn't trust anyone else on the ball, then Morey is gonna have to get off his ass and do something about it.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#48 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:48 am

the_process wrote:Gonna need Nurse to stop overusing Maxey. Immediately.

Just because he's younger doesn't mean you can't run him into the ground. Because that what's happening and the shot is suffering for it.

If the reason is because you don't trust anyone else on the ball, then Morey is gonna have to get off his ass and do something about it.

I agree, although we already knew this about NN. Its really up to Morey to get the help needed for Maxey, cause I don't see NN all of sudden changing the situation.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#49 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:55 am

There's nobody else he can put out there right now. We were down both Melton and Beverley tonight. We absolutely need a 4th guy, but he's not currently on this team. When the season started, my thought was that Jaden Springer was ready. He's clearly not and can't do the things we need right now.
ivysixer2000
General Manager

Post#50 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:49 am

Its a longer term problem than just this game. I don't trust Melton at all in this role as he is just a shooting guard thats too short, and Bev is just too slow and old to do it in crunch time.

I will say, if Max wants to be #2 on a team with expectations, he will have to play through this. With his role changing, his attempts have now become lower percentage attempts.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#51 » by M2J » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:05 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I know it's a B2B, but here's how to beat the 76ers..

1. Swarm Embiid with defenders. In the playoffs he won't get the calls he gets now

2. Put a taller defender on Tyrese Maxey and he goes into circus shot mode which is never a good look

3. Put a taller, more athletic, or stronger defender on Tobias Harris and he wilts like a dandelion.

All is generally true, but Maxey has proven to be able to handle tall and long defenders.... He just gases them with his movement, and by making them run through screens and he still gets to the rim. But, that type of defender does take away his step back one on one move . He had open shots tonight, he's just gassed himself. All star break will do him good. These are literally the dog days of the season.

The crowd Joel issue, I feel better about because there is so much more movement in the offense, cutters, and quick trigger playable shooters that can also create vs a hard closeout.... Melton/Oubre/Maxey/Oubre/Batum/Bev all fit this mold....but they need another dynamic guy IMO.... Unless this Tobi is real (it's not reliable).
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,207

Post#52 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:15 pm

I'm a believer in JT Thor so I was glad to see some flashes from him tonight. If that shot ever develops, he's going to be a awesome starting PF.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers