76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,807

Re: Game 40: Sixers @ Magic 1/19 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:34 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:Kate - “Tyrese is feeling it you can tell”

Tyrese - *airballs midrange fadeaway*

Basketball gods have spoken

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#82 » by LloydFree » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:35 am

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Nurse mentioned playoffs about getting a bucket. I want Tobias for DeMar rn.

I'd definitely be interested in Demar for the playoffs. He is one of the only players that should theoretically be available, that has the ability to go get his own shot against playoff defense. In theory Tobias is a better 2-way player, but he isn't good enough on either side to be a difference maker in the playoffs. Demar is a liability in defense and he won't shoot the 3, but he will score on a locked in playoff defense. That said, it's a risky move chemistry wise to replace Tobias with Derozan.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,263

Post#83 » by bball4life » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:41 am

LloydFree wrote:
LeonJordanJr24 wrote:Nurse mentioned playoffs about getting a bucket. I want Tobias for DeMar rn.

I'd definitely be interested in Demar for the playoffs. He is one of the only players that should theoretically be available, that has the ability to go get his own shot against playoff defense. In theory Tobias is a better 2-way player, but he isn't good enough on either side to be a difference maker in the playoffs. Demar is a liability in defense and he won't shoot the 3, but he will score on a locked in playoff defense. That said, it's a risky move chemistry wise to replace Tobias with Derozan.

Have you watched any of Demar's toronto playoff games? He becomes useless under playoff defense. No thank you.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#84 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:46 am

bball4life wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Have you watched any of Demar's toronto playoff games? He becomes useless under playoff defense. No thank you.

Cam thomas
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
bball4life
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by bball4life » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:49 am

LloydFree wrote:

I just looked up his playoff stats in case I was misremembering. Whooooof. Its like a slasher movie how ugly and horrifying it is.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,944

Post#86 » by HotelVitale » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 am

bball4life wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
I just looked up his playoff stats in case I was misremembering. Whooooof. Its like a slasher movie how ugly and horrifying it is.

Eh, I'm not super pro-Demar but I always thought his stats and rep were somewhat just bad luck/small sample size. He was really bad in his first 2-3 years and then after that he's been pretty alright, good for 20+ on okay efficiency even on slow and grinding teams where neither team usually shot very efficiently. Had a really nice 7-game series against DEN the last meaningful series he played in too.

I don't think he'd be huge for us but like Lloyd said his best thing is that he can create against locked in half-court defenses, and that's our worst thing. Don't want to flip Tobias for him but do think he could make a difference in the PO.
bball4life
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by bball4life » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 am

HotelVitale wrote:
bball4life wrote:
LloydFree wrote: I'd definitely be interested in Demar for the playoffs. He is one of the only players that should theoretically be available, that has the ability to go get his own shot against playoff defense. In theory Tobias is a better 2-way player, but he isn't good enough on either side to be a difference maker in the playoffs. Demar is a liability in defense and he won't shoot the 3, but he will score on a locked in playoff defense. That said, it's a risky move chemistry wise to replace Tobias with Derozan.

Eh, I'm not super pro-Demar but I always thought his stats and rep were somewhat just bad luck/small sample size. He was really bad in his first 2-3 years and then after that he's been pretty alright, good for 20+ on okay efficiency even on slow and grinding teams where neither team usually shot very efficiently. Had a really nice 7-game series against DEN the last meaningful series he played in too.

I don't think he'd be huge for us but like Lloyd said his best thing is that he can create against locked in half-court defenses, and that's our worst thing. Don't want to flip Tobias for him but do think he could make a difference in the PO.

OK, NBA.com doesn't summarize playoff stats so this is an average for his TS% ignoring his first 3 years of playoff ineptitude. It's not perfect as he doesn't take exactly the same number of shots each year, but he's actually pretty consistent in that regard. Anyways, here' the results.... Is 52% true shooting considered good? Ummm no its terrible. but thought I'd ask a rhetorical question. And how about net rating, that accounts for some defense too? He's -10 net rating over his last 4 playoffs. Pretty sure that's also terrible. Enlighten us on what he would provide outside of terrible iso ball with no defense?
Kova
Veteran
And1: 728

Post#88 » by Kova » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:21 pm

The best wins are those when the Celtics or Bucks lose on the same night. Carry on.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#89 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:21 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

To be fair.. the refs did a bad job this game
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,989

Post#90 » by Stanford » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:31 pm

Why is that considered flopping? Do these generalboardists really think Embiid fell on purpose?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,076

Post#91 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:34 pm

Getting upset about random calls in a blowout, what is that guy a raptors fan or something?
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,591

Post#92 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Stanford wrote:Why is that considered flopping? Do these generalboardists really think Embiid fell on purpose?

Yeah, I get complaining about the call in general, not sure where the flop is though.

Also, they got their ass kicked regardless, who cares?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,069

Post#93 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Being a crybaby comes with an FSU fan card, so it's not surprising that's leaking over into his Magic fandom.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,988

Post#94 » by Mik317 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:39 pm

Goga tripped him. Thats a foul.

The other one should have been a no call tho
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers