ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Re: Game 37: Kings @ Sixers 1/12 @ 7:30 pm ET ESPN/NBC Sports Philly Thread 

Post#41 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:53 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
He rebounding and rotations on D need to be better for that to happen. Both Reed and Bamba played well tonight. He gives us another option if the matchup doesn't favor Reed. Personally I think Reed should try time as a power forward the same way Jalen Smith has with Indiana. That would open up time for Bamba.

Bball just can't shoot well enough to play PF on any modern NBA team, IMO. Asking that is just taking advantage of Bamba and Jojo's ability to shoot, but also keeping them away from the basket cause he's in the dunker's spot. I don't think BBall deserves that much clout, no matter how much we like him I don't want to see that ugly jumper like ever.

Bamba can move ahead of him, he could actually play PF cause he can shoot. I don't think our affection for BBall should cloud that. Bamba can't get a rebound, but he can bother shots, and with Jojo on the court to clean the boards, he would be fine. Now in theory, this would work, on the court is a whole nother story.

What affection? he sucks, I have zero affection for him.

I know right? What a weird word to describe a feeling about Reed. "Affection" Uh ..... Ok
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#42 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:45 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Isn't it lowkey sad that 1st round picks Furkan Korkmaz and Jaden Springer are washouts that can't even get on the court in games where we're down some key guys?

Of the guys taken from 21-30 in that draft class, Furkan has played more minutes than everyone but Siakam, Murray and Bembry. TLC is 5th. He’s had a solid career for where he was picked, lot of talent in the league.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,207

Post#43 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:23 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Isn't it lowkey sad that 1st round picks Furkan Korkmaz and Jaden Springer are washouts that can't even get on the court in games where we're down some key guys?

Of the guys taken from 21-30 in that draft class, Furkan has played more minutes than everyone but Siakam, Murray and Bembry. TLC is 5th. He’s had a solid career for where he was picked, lot of talent in the league.

It just feels different because he only gets playing time in the final two minutes of the game and you can see the sadness in his eyes. In a alternate timeline, he could have been a regular in the rotation playing 25 minutes a night as a fan favorite.

I really like the idea of the longest tenured players on the teams being contributors. Those teams just seems more cohesive and fun.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#44 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:28 pm

zaz102 wrote:What's the possibility that eventually Bamba moves past Reed in the rotation?

With all due respect to Reed, Bamba is just a better option at C IMO. He should be the backup C immediately.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#45 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:43 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:Bball just can't shoot well enough to play PF on any modern NBA team, IMO. Asking that is just taking advantage of Bamba and Jojo's ability to shoot, but also keeping them away from the basket cause he's in the dunker's spot. I don't think BBall deserves that much clout, no matter how much we like him I don't want to see that ugly jumper like ever.

Bamba can move ahead of him, he could actually play PF cause he can shoot. I don't think our affection for BBall should cloud that. Bamba can't get a rebound, but he can bother shots, and with Jojo on the court to clean the boards, he would be fine. Now in theory, this would work, on the court is a whole nother story.

I'm not willing to give up on Reed's jumpshot and/or ability to play PF yet.

His jumpshot projection coming out wasn't hopeless. He shot well enough in the G-League when he had a green light.

He hasn't been giving the chance to play PF next to Embiid yet. I'm not giving up on the notion until I see it fail.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#46 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:00 pm

He was overrated from the beginning, it's just that most fans need to have hope in something new with "potential"
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,070

Post#47 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:10 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:
Bball just can't shoot well enough to play PF on any modern NBA team, IMO. Asking that is just taking advantage of Bamba and Jojo's ability to shoot, but also keeping them away from the basket cause he's in the dunker's spot. I don't think BBall deserves that much clout, no matter how much we like him I don't want to see that ugly jumper like ever.

What affection? he sucks, I have zero affection for him.

I know right? What a weird word to describe a feeling about Reed. "Affection" Uh ..... Ok

OK, more of a fan favorite when he was starting to emerge as a player for the team lol.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,070

Post#48 » by ivysixer2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:13 am

Kobblehead wrote:
ivysixer2000 wrote:Bball just can't shoot well enough to play PF on any modern NBA team, IMO. Asking that is just taking advantage of Bamba and Jojo's ability to shoot, but also keeping them away from the basket cause he's in the dunker's spot. I don't think BBall deserves that much clout, no matter how much we like him I don't want to see that ugly jumper like ever.

I'm not willing to give up on Reed's jumpshot and/or ability to play PF yet.

His jumpshot projection coming out wasn't hopeless. He shot well enough in the G-League when he had a green light.

He hasn't been giving the chance to play PF next to Embiid yet. I'm not giving up on the notion until I see it fail.

I guess I just don't want to see it at all, and agree with your take that Bamba should be ahead of him in the rotation as of right now.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,963

Post#49 » by Mik317 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:11 am

again Reed has proven to be a capable back up big in the playoffs... Bamba has not. Bamba will hit some 3s and get some blocks but is just too slow to stick in the modern NBA IMO. Reed is a spaz but is not immediate food on switches and is a way better rebounder. I feel like the rim protection issues is moreso he is sharing the floor with Morris and Tobias most of the time.

Feel like back up center is waaaay down the list of issues rn
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#50 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:35 am

Yeah I don't see the point in complaining about Reed right now. Between him and Bamba, they can hold it down at the center position until Jo comes back. Our problems (even with Embiid) are still the lack of a secondary creator/scorer that can get theirs in a halfcourt/playoff situation.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#51 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:25 pm

I just think it's a missed opportunity to not developing the concept of Paul Reef at PF.

If Reed and Embiid can develop on-court chemistry together and Reed has a green light to shoot threes, that LEVELS UP our championship odds significantly with the defensive leap we'd make. Paint would be absolutely closed for construction.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#52 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:42 pm

Concept very far from reality, though. Like the idea of Reed being a good player is a good idea, however it's just that, an idea, which has nothing to do with the actual Reed.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#53 » by phillynative » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:34 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Yeah I don't see the point in complaining about Reed right now. Between him and Bamba, they can hold it down at the center position until Jo comes back. Our problems (even with Embiid) are still the lack of a secondary creator/scorer that can get theirs in a halfcourt/playoff situation.

This. That should be Moreys main target. The Sixers ceiling is still 2nd round until that piece is added.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#54 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:07 pm

phillynative wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Yeah I don't see the point in complaining about Reed right now. Between him and Bamba, they can hold it down at the center position until Jo comes back. Our problems (even with Embiid) are still the lack of a secondary creator/scorer that can get theirs in a halfcourt/playoff situation.

This. That should be Moreys main target. The Sixers ceiling is still 2nd round until that piece is added.

Yes, and despite what some may think, that player does not need to be a superstar 80-million-dollar-a-year player. The Celtics were able to move for Derrick White and ever since that trade, they've been a dominant team. He was their missing piece between Tatum and Brown and he's far from superstar pay. We need to find the same type of player. That's on Morey to dig through.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#55 » by phillynative » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:42 pm

Reed is who he is, a tweener big with a high motor and solid athleticism which helps him defend and reb pretty well. He is going to struggle against normal size centers. I wish he was able to play PF because he would be a menace defensively there but he is just not skilled enough and his jump shot is terrible.

All of our players are who they are tbh. We have no upward growth players except for Maxey who is only going to get better but its going to take another off-season of dedicated training for him to improve his shot creation. Which no one likes to admit he's lacking.

Our other young guys are pretty bad. Hopefully some of the g-league guys can actually provide something when they eventually get a chance on the NBA floor. Council, Bazely and Smith look the part but who knows. I don't understand why Lofton was signed and Bazely who has shown he can contribute on the NBA floor has not been signed. I don't understand what Morey is doing. Time is ticking we have an MVP level player but he's injury prone and only getting older.
Philly2good
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#56 » by Philly2good » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 am

Can we get Duop Reath as a back up big please...

Return to Philadelphia 76ers