ImageImageImage

Game 35: Jazz @ Sixers 1/6 @ 7:30 pm ET Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,957

Re: Game 35: Jazz @ Sixers 1/6 @ 7:30 pm ET Thread 

Post#61 » by Mik317 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 8:46 pm

every loss doesn't need to be open season on how our best players are actually bad and we should actually rebuild asap.
its boring but sometimes it just that shots have not fallen lol.

going meltdown mode over random losses in January is doing too much.

All we can take from these last few games is that our "depth" isn't as deep as though as some of the "depth" probably can't play major minutes and only in certain lineups and that the team needs another method of attack when Maxey and Biid aren't on their A game....which we already knew.

SO when we are down a guy or two...even flawed ones like Melton and Tobias and Maxey isn't going Steph mode from 3 and Biid is either out or not at full speed...then yeah gonna get mollywhopped. Save the outrage for when we lose at semi full strength against a bad opponent. The Knicks game was the first blowout game Biid played in all season IIRC...thats not the end of the world.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 652

Post#62 » by brannigan73 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:47 pm

Mik317 wrote:every loss doesn't need to be open season on how our best players are actually bad and we should actually rebuild asap.

All we can take from these last few games is that our "depth" isn't as deep as though as some of the "depth" probably can't play major minutes and only in certain lineups and that the team needs another method of attack when Maxey and Biid aren't on their A game....which we already knew.

SO when we are down a guy or two...even flawed ones like Melton and Tobias and Maxey isn't going Steph mode from 3 and Biid is either out or not at full speed...then yeah gonna get mollywhopped. Save the outrage for when we lose at semi full strength against a bad opponent. The Knicks game was the first blowout game Biid played in all season IIRC...thats not the end of the world.

I think you are over-exaggerating the out-rage over these losses. The outrage is usually over the things we see over and over again. Embiid led Sixers not showing in a national tv game. Embiid giving a poor effort and stat grubbing for meaningless records. Then missing a game because he is injured again causing us a loss to a team we auto beat with Embiid in the lineup. They need to make some trades soon if they don't want to fall out of the top 3 and certainly before the deadline if they want any chance to beat the mighty Celtics in the playofs and they are mighty. I've watched them quite a bit this year there starting lineup is one of the best in recent memory. They got Porzingis and Holiday for very little. Its amazing how the Celtics turn flawed players (Smart great defensive but mediocre offensive and Brogdon is the opposite, good offense and mediocre defense, and injury prone) and late firsts into stars like Porzingis and Holiday. Im not a big Porzingis fan but he fits perfectly for that team. Also, got Derrick White who is more then marginally better then Melton for the same cost as Melton. Like to see our GM make a streak of moves like those.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#63 » by zaz102 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:08 pm

brannigan73 wrote:
Mik317 wrote:every loss doesn't need to be open season on how our best players are actually bad and we should actually rebuild asap.

I think you are over-exaggerating the out-rage over these losses. The outrage is usually over the things we see over and over again. Embiid led Sixers not showing in a national tv game. Embiid giving a poor effort and stat grubbing for meaningless records. Then missing a game because he is injured again causing us a loss to a team we auto beat with Embiid in the lineup. They need to make some trades soon if they don't want to fall out of the top 3 and certainly before the deadline if they want any chance to beat the mighty Celtics in the playofs and they are mighty. I've watched them quite a bit this year there starting lineup is one of the best in recent memory. They got Porzingis and Holiday for very little. Its amazing how the Celtics turn flawed players (Smart great defensive but mediocre offensive and Brogdon is the opposite, good offense and mediocre defense, and injury prone) and late firsts into stars like Porzingis and Holiday. Im not a big Porzingis fan but he fits perfectly for that team. Also, got Derrick White who is more then marginally better then Melton for the same cost as Melton. Like to see our GM make a streak of moves like those.
I would almost agree that Boston are almost the gold standard of roster building if it weren't for the fact they haven't won a championship. It'll be interesting what they do with the new CBA rules and they already have $197.6M on the books which is another problem to deal with. Of course it'll be worth it if they win it all.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,031

Post#64 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:42 pm

Could be worse: we could look like the Eagles right now.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,089

Post#65 » by mjkvol » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:10 pm

the_process wrote:I do believe Morey has options, but he considers them not good enough options.

I get not settling, but at some point you have to take a risk. FA is a bad risk. Tell me who else is going to be available besides Siakam that's worth a damn? And Siakam does not fit on this team. We should have learned by now you can't simply grab talent and hope for the best.

They don't have enough 1sts available to trade to get in on the 3rd star conversations.

Therefore, a much smarter risk would be to find a distressed asset that has a decent track record, or a young player with talent that is currently buried. Or a combination of the two. These are deals Morey could make now. But he won't. Because his head is always in the clouds and always star hunting. He had a rising star in his grasp for Simmons and chose his boy Harden instead. Forgive me if he doesn't get my undying allegiance.

You (we) have zero idea what deals he might be able to do, that he has on the table if he wants them, or anything else. I'm pretty sure that these media leeches everyone seems to live and die by (except for M.J.'s brother's friend's friend's friend, who is the only one anybody should pay attention to)are spoon fed information by agents and whatever other sketchy sources they can use to get clicks, and that Morey has a plan that he's going to stick to, regardless of the pissing and moaning of the fan base. And I'm damn glad of that.

I don't have undying allegiance, but I get that it's a month from the deadline, in the middle of the regular season grind. It's far from panic time unless you sit and listen to these stupid podcasts whose only purpose (besides trying to get you to listen tomorrow) is to get you all stirred up into believing that unless Morey acts right this instant, the Ben Franklin Bridge will implode. It's not a matter of 'settling', but Morey will act when he gets the deal he wants, or he won't. Either way, I guarantee the bridge will be operating tomorrow.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#66 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Jan 7, 2024 11:40 pm

brannigan73 wrote:

They gotta be kidding me, we have been going at it since 2018 in playoffs, I count 6 times we've been there, and the best we achieved is 2nd round, sorry if some people want to "rebuild asap", repeating the same crap over and over surely would be the worst option?
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,957

Post#67 » by Mik317 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 12:42 am

we didn't have assets at the time of the Jrue trade. AND our assets right now are a tad bit overrated. The Clippers turning it around makes that future pick less valuable (and IMO w/ Balmer's pockets I think the days of the Clippers bottoming out is probably over especially with the new stadium on the way).

we can get guys but nothing splashy and due to that it will probably come closer to the deadline when teams start to pivot.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,203

Post#68 » by M2J » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:23 am

Mik317 wrote:we didn't have assets at the time of the Jrue trade. AND our assets right now are a tad bit overrated. The Clippers turning it around makes that future pick less valuable (and IMO w/ Balmer's pockets I think the days of the Clippers bottoming out is probably over especially with the new stadium on the way).

we can get guys but nothing splashy and due to that it will probably come closer to the deadline when teams start to pivot.

As soon as they long term max those 3 old injury proned bastards that Clippers '28 pick will be gold

Return to Philadelphia 76ers