ImageImageImage

Game 30: Sixers @ Magic 12/27 @ 7 pm ET Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,962

Re: Game 30: Sixers @ Magic 12/27 @ 7 pm ET Thread 

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:27 am

This is the first time I watched the Magic this year.

their issues are the same as always...can't shoot and don't have someone to get them into sets. Paolo is weird to me. Feels like a super tweener. Like I think he would be a crazy center but the lack of shot ironically hurts that nowadays. Franz is similar but it feels like he does everything Paolo does better. I hate it when the media does the "can they coexist doe" **** but ...well yeah can they?

I think I said something similar last year...and the year before. They have a bunch of dudes that are good but still are missing the most important part...and that part is hard to get. They really need a top notch guard and some real shooters and they'd be deadly.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#42 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:37 am

Yeah man, take nothing away from tonight. Orlando is tough. They're a playoff team with a lot of talent. Franz Wagner is trending towards star player, Banchero looks like a weirdo to me but he's got mad talent. We beat them tonight without Embiid. That's saying something considering how good Orlando has been at home. Nick Nurse had total control of this game in terms of plan/execution. Tobias was owning Banchero in that free throw line area. The guys had active hands, came up with a ton of steals tonight. MIK alluded to it, Orlando does need a star lead guard on their roster if they ever want to take the next step. Still with the length and athleticism on that team they're going to be tough to beat as is.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,070

Post#43 » by ivysixer2000 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:12 am

Mik317 wrote:This is the first time I watched the Magic this year.

their issues are the same as always...can't shoot and don't have someone to get them into sets. Paolo is weird to me. Feels like a super tweener. Like I think he would be a crazy center but the lack of shot ironically hurts that nowadays. Franz is similar but it feels like he does everything Paolo does better. I hate it when the media does the "can they coexist doe" **** but ...well yeah can they?

I think I said something similar last year...and the year before. They have a bunch of dudes that are good but still are missing the most important part...and that part is hard to get. They really need a top notch guard and some real shooters and they'd be deadly.

Well if Fultz was healthy......nevermind

:lol: :lol:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#44 » by the_process » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:32 am

Mik317 wrote:This is the first time I watched the Magic this year.

LaVine would actually help that team.

The Magic are a nice success story this year. Love Franz. Hell of a player.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#45 » by Eyeamok » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:36 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:So, serious question, there is a guy who get blocked more in transition than Tobias? lol

Good question, him and Melton seem to have layup issues, like their junior high coaches didn't run them through enough drills.

The curse of Evan Turner lives on.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,075

Post#46 » by Sixerscan » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:46 pm

I hated on him last time so I’ll give Bamba props for being much more physical and better on defense this game. Not sure if it was just because it was his old team but that’s how he has to play.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,541

Post#47 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:55 pm

I’m not gonna sneeze at winning by 20 against a long, athletic team without Embiid. Nice to see a bounce back from Maxey.

I pray that Nurse finally learned that Paul Reed is a good, useful player who should be prioritized in the lineup ahead of Marcus Morris.
the_process
RealGM

Post#48 » by the_process » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:01 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:I’m not gonna sneeze at winning by 20 against a long, athletic team without Embiid. Nice to see a bounce back from Maxey.

I pray that Nurse finally learned that Paul Reed is a good, useful player who should be prioritized in the lineup ahead of Marcus Morris.

Morris played 20+ mins and put up 14(!!) shots.

That should not be happening in an NBA game in 2023/24.

They need to move Morris and save Nurse from himself.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,921

Post#49 » by HotelVitale » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:55 pm

the_process wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:I’m not gonna sneeze at winning by 20 against a long, athletic team without Embiid. Nice to see a bounce back from Maxey.

Since it seems like you guys missed the game, Morris was pretty crucial to the win and stepped up in a big way at a couple moments. Hopefully we don’t need him to do that much but that isn’t the game to dump on Morris after.
Jailblazers7
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,541

Post#50 » by Jailblazers7 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:01 pm

I just meant that the ratio of Paul Reed minutes to Marcus Morris minutes was much closer to the ideal compared to what we’ve seen this year. That Morris small ball 5 lineup should be retired.
the_process
RealGM

Post#51 » by the_process » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:01 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
the_process wrote:

Since it seems like you guys missed the game, Morris was pretty crucial to the win and stepped up in a big way at a couple moments. Hopefully we don’t need him to do that much but that isn’t the game to dump on Morris after.

Not dumping on Morris. Slightly dumping on Norse.

The game in December against Orlando is fairly inconsequential by itself. Gotta think big picture. Morris is not the answer to any postseason breakthroughs.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,828

Post#52 » by phillynative » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:44 pm

Nice bounce back win.
Wouldn't mind Embiid sitting out another game.
Houston is another athletic, physical team to test them
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#53 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:04 pm

Nah y'all picking on Morris he ain't bad at all. His shoot when he's on is knock down and he brings grown man toughness to this team. I like him more than Niang actually. Better more accomplished reliable player.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#54 » by Murray_17 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 pm

phillynative wrote:Nice bounce back win.
Wouldn't mind Embiid sitting out another game.
Houston is another athletic, physical team to test them

Please no, i feel bad thinking about having to see Bamba guard Sengun

Return to Philadelphia 76ers